Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,961 members, 7,942,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995059 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donsax: 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
justwise:

Call the embassy with your Ref number and tell them that you received a text from them.

British embassy number is their website or in this thread if you search well.
Thanks bro...will do that tomorrow and let you know what they say
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
oriste: Please help i need to reapply tomorrow and i want to know if its okay.

If you want to reapply 2moro then make sure that you address all the issues the ECO raised in your first refusal. Explain the source of any money in your account with paper evidences.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
donsax:
Thanks bro...will do that tomorrow and let you know what they say

No worries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
Blower46: Good evening
When submitting an IAFT-2 form, is it just the copies of documents that the ECO is questioning together with the additional new documents that should be submitted?

You submit all the document that will help your appeal, what sort of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2013
riste: The reason was that my account was overdrwawn until recently there was huge deposit tlthrice one was ny annual rent abd the other salary and the last was a unkown payment so should i still reapply cos i can prove the money lodged but dont u tink the overdraw from my account will affect my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:56am On Mar 14, 2013
oriste: riste: The reason was that my account was overdrwawn until recently there was huge deposit tlthrice one was ny annual rent abd the other salary and the last was a unkown payment so should i still reapply cos i can prove the money lodged but dont u tink the overdraw from my account will affect my application.
Overdrawn account (in my opinion) is a clear indication that the fund may not be available for use, and that the account is not credible nor is it sustained.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2013
So the best thing is not to apply until i am able to build a sustainable acct. Right. And fir my friend does he have to submit original copies of his payslips or photocopy and his ID card required also.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2013
oriste: So the best thing is not to apply until i am able to build a sustainable acct. Right. And fir my friend does he have to submit original copies of his payslips or photocopy and his ID card required also.?
Hasn't this question been answered?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 11:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Not at all my friend case us different that is why am sking if should be original copies of the payslip or the photocopy that will be attached along
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2013
oriste: Not at all my friend case us different that is why am sking if should be original copies of the payslip or the photocopy that will be attached along

Original copy always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
oriste: Not at all my friend case us different that is why am sking if should be original copies of the payslip or the photocopy that will be attached along
The question was addressed here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by green24: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2013
justwise:

What is your budget for the trip?
my budget is 700k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
green24: my budget is 700k

Your monthly salary is not bad, budget of 700k will depend on how much you have in your account and how long you tend to stay in the UK, how much do you have in your account in total?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 11:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
justwise:

You submit all the document that will help your appeal, what sort of visa?

Thanks for your response as it is a Spouse visa.
I have one more question with regards to using international calls.
On telephone bills it only shows the number of the number used to dial the cheap international call but no full destination number of the call. The company offering the cheap international will not disclose these numbers to me as I have contract with them and am not too hopeful that the service provider will do the same. How do go about obtaining the final destination numbers to prove that you have been making regular contact as this was the reason why the visa was rejected?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2013
Blower46:

Thanks for your response as it is a Spouse visa.
I have one more question with regards to using international calls.
On telephone bills it only shows the number of the number used to dial the cheap international call but no full destination number of the call. The company offering the cheap international will not disclose these numbers to me as I have contract with them and am not too hopeful that the service provider will do the same. How do go about obtaining the final destination numbers to prove that you have been making regular contact as this was the reason why the visa was rejected?

You did not make contact through emails?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nubiadoll(f): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
hello Vic justices and my fellow nairaland ppl,I applied to go for my Brother’s graduation in 2008, I had to spend 10 days and my application was refuse on the following grounds:
I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet the requirements of paragraph 41 of the immigration Rules HC395
The cost of your visit to the UK is to be borne by your sponsor, my brother. Your sponsor’s financial outlay on your visit is not commensurate with his current economic circumstances and as a result I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that such funds will actually be available to you. I note that you have submitted evidence of your brother’s financial circumstances in the form of a bank statement from Barclays bank Plc covering the period 13/09/08 to 10/10/08. I note from the statement that the account was overdrawn by £978 as of 10/10/08. With regards to your personal financial circumstances I note that you have submitted evidence. With a closing balance of N 80,730 (£372; £1 = N217) and the other account has N2784 (£13). I am mindful that your return flights alone will cost in the region of £600. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.
Now he is getting married this August 2013 and I would love to attend the wedding .This time I would like to apply with my 6 month old baby daughter and my husband (optional) for 7 days. Pls house advice me on how i can handle this properly this time around. I would like u to give me answers to the following;
1. The time I should apply.
2. The amount of money to be in my account.
3. Do I need an international passport for my 6 month old baby.
4. Since I didn’t re-apply will it affect my chance of get the visa.
When the time comes I would like u to help me out in the filling of my application.
i would appreciate it if you can respond as soon as possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zico10(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Goodday everyone, am Isaac by name I need your help pls. I applied for UK family visit 2ice last year and was turned down on d ECO saying dat I may not return back to Nigeria cos I said am unemployied. I went for appeal and hearing was fixed to 21th march, 2013. I now received a call from BDHC lagos on d 26th febuary to bring my passport which I went to submit on d 27th febuary. I was given a slip dat I will be contacted but up till now I did not hear from them and d court day is next wk thursday, pls wot should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Abbey48(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hi vic Justice and my nairaland pple,pls I nid an answr on ds my questn,I was refused visa by uk after a face-face interview though this is my first time that I applied without seeing the reason why I ws refused cos someone picked my passport for me.He said I was not ban and I want to try America visa too through the help of my uncle dt is organising a conference in Us,pls does my passport not going to affects this my application @Us embassy since they've stamped it at Uk embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
nubia doll: hello Vic justices and my fellow nairaland ppl,I applied to go for my Brother’s graduation in 2008, I had to spend 10 days and my application was refuse on the following grounds:
I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet the requirements of paragraph 41 of the immigration Rules HC395
The cost of your visit to the UK is to be borne by your sponsor, my brother. Your sponsor’s financial outlay on your visit is not commensurate with his current economic circumstances and as a result I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that such funds will actually be available to you. I note that you have submitted evidence of your brother’s financial circumstances in the form of a bank statement from Barclays bank Plc covering the period 13/09/08 to 10/10/08. I note from the statement that the account was overdrawn by £978 as of 10/10/08. With regards to your personal financial circumstances I note that you have submitted evidence. With a closing balance of N 80,730 (£372; £1 = N217) and the other account has N2784 (£13). I am mindful that your return flights alone will cost in the region of £600. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.
Now he is getting married this August 2013 and I would love to attend the wedding .This time I would like to apply with my 6 month old baby daughter and my husband (optional) for 7 days. Pls house advice me on how i can handle this properly this time around. I would like u to give me answers to the following;
1. The time I should apply.
There is no time frame or limit, you are allowed to apply at any time you think you are prepared.

nubia doll: 2. The amount of money to be in my account.
The amount of fund you had then (in 2008) was ridiculously too poor, you must have an impressive amount of cash to support yourself. Now, this is how it works: An acceptable bank statement must have up to six months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip: preferably, a Savings account, Salary account or Wages account

nubia doll: 3. Do I need an international passport for my 6 month old baby.
YES, an individual passport is required of your baby, even if the infant is a day old.

nubia doll: 4. Since I didn’t re-apply will it affect my chance of get the visa.
When the time comes I would like u to help me out in the filling of my application.
i would appreciate it if you can respond as soon as possible.
Basically, NO, except in the event of gross misrepresentation (such as deceit,) your previous application is not supposed to affect your chance as every application is treated in its own merit

Click on this link to see what you need to do:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
zico10: Goodday everyone, am Isaac by name I need your help pls. I applied for UK family visit 2ice last year and was turned down on d ECO saying dat I may not return back to Nigeria cos I said am unemployied. I went for appeal and hearing was fixed to 21th march, 2013. I now received a call from BDHC lagos on d 26th febuary to bring my passport which I went to submit on d 27th febuary. I was given a slip dat I will be contacted but up till now I did not hear from them and d court day is next wk thursday, pls wot should I do?
There is nothing that you can do except to wait...
But if you ask my opinion, i would say: unless you are applying for a migrant visa based on some sort of rights, i do not see how a tourist visa appeal will be successful given that you are jobless in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
Abbey48:
Hi vic Justice and my nairaland pple,pls I nid an answr on ds my questn,I was refused visa by uk after a face-face interview though this is my first time that I applied without seeing the reason why I ws refused cos someone picked my passport for me.He said I was not ban and I want to try America visa too through the help of my uncle dt is organising a conference in Us,pls does my passport not going to affects this my application @Us embassy since they've stamped it at Uk embassy?
Why are you concerned about a ban, did you use any fake or forged document?
If you did, trust me, you are under the ban even if you were not told.
Well, the American embassy operates independently from the UK embassy, but (with the presence of a UK stamp on your passport,) there is a very high chance that they would know your status with the UK embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
hi guys. just got a response to one of my emails to a govt body and the email address was VCS correspondence@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk..does anyone know what this is even though the letter was attached by the home office from the visa correspondence team. any idea guys??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
timismum: hi guys. just got a response to one of my emails to a govt body and the email address was VCS correspondence@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk..does anyone know what this is even though the letter was attached by the home office from the visa correspondence team. any idea guys??

What was the email about? Which govt depart did you send the email to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
justwise:

You did not make contact through emails?
Yes emails, Skype, Nimbuzz and facebook. The immigration arrived the documents for the telephone even with no final destination number on it the bill. They mentioned nothing to me to add all the other things. Needless the say I screen dumped every bit of chat history now and will file them with the appeal. The visa was not just rejected on that. The other reasons were that ownership of the house in the UK was not submitted even though utility and council tax bills were and also there was not letter from employer in UK verifying payslips and the same with bank statements even though again the immigration barrister had approved these documents. Now asking for UK calls record from pay as you go mobile in UK. Hopefully the appeal will get through now once these are resubmitted and will only need to go to ECM level to reverse decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 11:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
justwise:

What was the email about? Which govt depart did you send the email to?
sent am email to department for children, schools and family regarding bringing my child from another man to uk and asking if my present partner can just be the dad without the need for adopting my child
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 1:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Guys does anyone have success with child dependant visa. Please can you let me know the required documentation pleaseeeeee. My child is a minor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2013
timismum: sent am email to department for children, schools and family regarding bringing my child from another man to uk and asking if my present partner can just be the dad without the need for adopting my child

They will not accept that without the express consent of that child's biological father, seriously i don't see how they will allow you to do that as long as the child's biological father is still alive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Mar 17, 2013
Blower46:
Yes emails, Skype, Nimbuzz and facebook. The immigration arrived the documents for the telephone even with no final destination number on it the bill. They mentioned nothing to me to add all the other things. Needless the say I screen dumped every bit of chat history now and will file them with the appeal. The visa was not just rejected on that. The other reasons were that ownership of the house in the UK was not submitted even though utility and council tax bills were and also there was not letter from employer in UK verifying payslips and the same with bank statements even though again the immigration barrister had approved these documents. Now asking for UK calls record from pay as you go mobile in UK. Hopefully the appeal will get through now once these are resubmitted and will only need to go to ECM level to reverse decision.

Submit those communication evidences as they are and for the accommodation issue.....tenancy agreement will help alot along with utility bills.

Immigration barrister approval will not be taken as seriously as that of the landlord and employer's approval, any immigration barrister can approve any forged document that doesn't make it genuine.

Getting a letter from the bank and the employer in official letterhead and stamp will do the tricks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
justwise: [/b]

They will not accept that without the express consent of that child's biological father, seriously i don't see how they will allow you to do that as long as the child's biological father is still alive.
is it really necessary to disclose that my new partner in not his father. how wwould they know that because i want to put my new partner as my childs father
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
timismum: is it really necessary to disclose that my new partner in not his father. how wwould they know that because i want to put my new partner as my childs father

You are about to start a journey to prison, even if you managed to pass your child as his daddy, anytime in future the real daddy get to know about that and go to the police you and your partner will be spending a long time in jail and the child taken away from you.

If your child does not look like your new partner and the authority suspect that and requested for DNA test what will you do?

Why not allow your partner to be your child's step-daddy rather than going through this dodgy route?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
The reason is that his real daddy has never been responsible for him and does not really care!!!then it's not quite easy as a lot of time and money will be spent while the authorities in uk will first do an assessment and ask him to adopt my child. This costs like 7000£ for the home study and done additional costs too are involved because we both live in uk, they treat everything with too much force. That was my reason for asking if emails can be tagged to my name because u have sent emails with regards to this and the dept mentioned above which will cost like 10000£. !!! We can't afford that!!!!! I just hope my email will not be tagged to my naje
justwise:

You are about to start a journey to prison, even if you managed to pass your child as his daddy, anytime in future the real daddy get to know about that and go to the police you and your partner will be spending a long time in jail and the child taken away from you.

If your child does not look like your new partner and the authority suspect that and requested for DNA test what will you do?

Why not allow your partner to be your child's step-daddy rather than going through this dodgy route?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
justwise:

Well said.
But why is it so, that Nigerians always want to play smart in foolish ways?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.