Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,404 members, 7,971,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998151 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
babybird82:

The celebration has started Jt2010. I collected my package today and the visa was granted.

I wanna say a very big thank you to all of you that assisted me in getting this done on my own. I went through the part 1 and part 2 of this thread, made enquiries and got good responses and then gathered all the documents that I had that was listed. This was my 2nd attempt.

Wishing all others goodluck.

Congratulations and enjoy ur holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Igweminho(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
justwise:

Invited by any football team in the UK?
NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Igweminho: NO

Then you can't get a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
babybird82:

The celebration has started Jt2010. I collected my package today and the visa was granted.

I wanna say a very big thank you to all of you that assisted me in getting this done on my own. I went through the part 1 and part 2 of this thread, made enquiries and got good responses and then gathered all the documents that I had that was listed. This was my 2nd attempt.

Wishing all others goodluck.

Congrat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
jt2010:

Congratulations and enjoy ur holiday.

Thanks. I sure will.

Thanks also Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2013
justwise, vicjustice,and all.
greetings in his matchless name! i wish to sincerely thank you guys for the contributions you have made so far in making sure that people that seeks advice here got what they want.
please, help me advice me on this issue. i have 6 months UK visa and it will expire on the 13th of this month. i wish to apply for 2 years visa and also apply 6 months for my wife and 2 kids.
my questions is this, what and what will i include on the previous documents that i use to accomodate my wife and kids. i wish also to seek a written attestation from my kids school stating that within the period we intend to travel that they will be on holidays. my wife is not working but my finances i believe will be okay. my own company and myself will sponsor the trip.what kind of hotel room will i book for the family?
please advice on the documents that i will need to make this application successful. all advice are welcome.
please respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mediaboy: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2013
justwise:

Ok cool, get married to her in Nigeria and apply for spouse visa from Nigeria, keep all your communications with her, phone records, emails, text, fb chats..etc.

Hello, justwise, Quick one: We have decided to do our court wedding, in November (this year), and the main wedding, first quarter, next year. Since she has a permanent Job in the UK, and I'm more flexible, would it be wise to apply for a visa to do the court wedding in the UK? She said she wants those who can't make it to Africa for the main wedding, to at least enjoy a reception with us, after the court wedding in the UK. She's got a fixed holiday period, and we'd rather use the bulk of it, when planning the main wedding.
Please, advice me on what to do regarding this. What options do I have?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hi guys. Pleaseeeeee can someone answer this question please. I was on student visa in uk and everything went well and came back home after my studies. Now I want to go back BUT since I got to Nigeria I have been emailing the fco office of uk in Abuja asking them various questions concerning how I could get permanent residence and also some stupid questions as asked by others. Now do you think they keep log of my emails ?? And can they attach those mails to me even through they are not criminal in any way. Please enlighten me. Dunni
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
timismum: Hi guys. Pleaseeeeee can someone answer this question please. I was on student visa in uk and everything went well and came back home after my studies. Now I want to go back BUT since I got to Nigeria I have been emailing the fco office of uk in Abuja asking them various questions concerning how I could get permanent residence and also some stupid questions as asked by others. Now do you think they keep log of my emails ?? And can they attach those mails to me even through they are not criminal in any way. Please enlighten me. Dunni

What silly question were you asking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
mediaboy:

Hello, justwise, Quick one: We have decided to do our court wedding, in November (this year), and the main wedding, first quarter, next year. Since she has a permanent Job in the UK, and I'm more flexible, would it be wise to apply for a visa to do the court wedding in the UK? She said she wants those who can't make it to Africa for the main wedding, to at least enjoy a reception with us, after the court wedding in the UK. She's got a fixed holiday period, and we'd rather use the bulk of it, when planning the main wedding.
Please, advice me on what to do regarding this. What options do I have?

Thanks

Sure you can do registry in the UK then go to Nigeria for white wedding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
vozkini: justwise, vicjustice,and all.
greetings in his matchless name! i wish to sincerely thank you guys for the contributions you have made so far in making sure that people that seeks advice here got what they want.
please, help me advice me on this issue. i have 6 months UK visa and it will expire on the 13th of this month. i wish to apply for 2 years visa and also apply 6 months for my wife and 2 kids.

Hello house I need your assistsance here.
my questions is this, what and what will i include on the previous documents that i use to accomodate my wife and kids. i wish also to seek a written attestation from my kids school stating that within the period we intend to travel that they will be on holidays. my wife is not working but my finances i believe will be okay. my own company and myself will sponsor the trip.what kind of hotel room will i book for the family?
please advice on the documents that i will need to make this application successful. all advice are welcome.
please respond.

Just wise your candid advice is needed here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mediaboy: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
justwise:

Sure you can do registry in the UK then go to Nigeria for white wedding.

Great. Thanks. God bless you for your time!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
babybird82:

I just got mine today.
Congrat madam.more good things to come ur way in Jesus name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
Waleabimbola:
Congrat madam.more good things to come ur way in Jesus name.

Amen. Thank you so much for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
timismum: Hi guys. Pleaseeeeee can someone answer this question please. I was on student visa in uk and everything went well and came back home after my studies. Now I want to go back BUT since I got to Nigeria I have been emailing the fco office of uk in Abuja asking them various questions concerning how I could get permanent residence and also some stupid questions as asked by others. Now do you think they keep log of my emails ?? And can they attach those mails to me even through they are not criminal in any way. Please enlighten me. Dunni
Relax, they won't go to that extent of tracking and tracing you to your emails: trust me, they receive loads of junk emails on daily bases in such a way that keeping emails in record in not in their interest unless of course the emails are security threats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
How dare you call me silly!!!! If I knew this is the kind of forum this is would I bother ? It's funny I was actually going to ask you justwise to give me your opinion. Who the Bleep do u think you are? Do you have the monopoly of knowledge? I doubt it. Are u the only one here. You are obviously a rude conceited Arrow. I thought u were intelligent. You are sooooo condescending over nothing.
justwise:

What silly question were you asking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
Thank you Vicjustice. I just really want to be careful with my next application only for 'just foolish ' to talk to me like he knew me
Vicjustice:
Relax, they won't go to that extent of tracking and tracing you to your emails: trust me, they receive loads of junk emails on daily bases in such a way that keeping emails in record in not in their interest unless of course the emails are security threats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
timismum: Thank you Vicjustice. I just really want to be careful with my next application only for 'just foolish ' to talk to me like he knew me

Bros,

Read your first post and Justwise question to you again, you will find the missing link.... His question is not directed at your person or intended to insult you in any way but an extract from your post to know the type of (in your words)silly-questions grin undecided you may have asked the FCO office of uk in Abuja by email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2013

timismum: How dare you call me silly!!!! If I knew this is the kind of forum this is would I bother ? It's funny I was actually going to ask you justwise to give me your opinion. Who the Bleep do u think you are? Do you have the monopoly of knowledge? I doubt it. Are u the only one here. You are obviously a rude conceited Arrow. I thought u were intelligent. You are sooooo condescending over nothing.

Did you read your initial post and see why i asked that question? You are insulting me because i was trying to know the sort of question you were asking BH as stated in your post?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
jt2010:

Bros,

Read your first post and Justwise question to you again, you will find the missing link.... His question is not directed at your person or intended to insult you in any way but an extract from your post to know the type of (in your words)silly-questions grin undecided you may have asked the FCO office of uk in Abuja by email.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
justwise:

Did you read your initial post and see why i asked that question? You are insulting me because i was trying to know the sort of question you were asking BH as stated in your post?

He doesn't want his own questions to be tagged silly while calling others' silly.Hahahah...people wey sabi.What am I doing here?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by timismum: 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okay justwise. Can we call a truce. I honestly thought you were having a go at me!!!!! I felt so little. Am soooooo sorry(hug). I asked fco asking questions about a particular kind of application then decided to use another method albeit withholding information. Eg sending an email to ask how I could take my stepson with me then deciding in my mind that I won't mention he is my step son but put in an application claiming he is my biological son and hoping they won't think that this guy asked a question regarding a step son but has put in an application for a biological son. Do u get it now. So sorry hun
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2013
vozkini:

Just wise your candid advice is needed here

And vcijustice assist please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2013
vozkini: justwise, vicjustice,and all.
please respond.

You need to include you marriage certificate, family pictures, wedding pictures, child birth certificate, company tax clearance, company account and your savings account, booking family hotel accommodation, list of places you want to visit with your family while in the UK, mini-budget of the cost of the trip and the letter from your child's school.

If you have other investments you can include them backed up with paper evidence of ownership.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
@justwise, thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jmkheart: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
Urgently Needed Pls
I need the address of Uk Embassy. My Bank wnt to addressed to them dat am the signatory to My Account. So I need there Address. In order to process my Visa. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by holalekan: 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hi justwise and everyone,please I’ve got a serious problem bothering me which I’d appreciate any effort to clarify.Last year towards the end of my master’s programme in the UK I had an affair with a UK citizen which resulted in a pregnancy.Although we weren’t both dating we couldn’t justify any reason to abort.I returned to Nigeria early this year and me and the lady have been in touch since then.She claims she loves me and would like to marry me but not sure she’s willing to come to Nigeria to live or anything. She’s due to deliver in May. I really would like to be with my child and herself from birth however the policies seem complicated these days.right now I’m confused as to what to do or apply as to be with them both as I’ve got lot of things to prove even if I’m just applying as a visitor.I would really like to be around during the birth of my child in May, does anyone know what the best thing to do in this case is.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
holalekan: Hi justwise and everyone,please I’ve got a serious problem bothering me which I’d appreciate any effort to clarify.Last year towards the end of my master’s programme in the UK I had an affair with a UK citizen which resulted in a pregnancy.Although we weren’t both dating we couldn’t justify any reason to abort.I returned to Nigeria early this year and me and the lady have been in touch since then.She claims she loves me and would like to marry me but not sure she’s willing to come to Nigeria to live or anything. She’s due to deliver in May. I really would like to be with my child and herself from birth however the policies seem complicated these days.right now I’m confused as to what to do or apply as to be with them both as I’ve got lot of things to prove even if I’m just applying as a visitor.I would really like to be around during the birth of my child in May, does anyone know what the best thing to do in this case is.
Thanks
chei badt guy

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
holalekan: Hi justwise and everyone,please I’ve got a serious problem bothering me which I’d appreciate any effort to clarify.Last year towards the end of my master’s programme in the UK I had an affair with a UK citizen which resulted in a pregnancy.Although we weren’t both dating we couldn’t justify any reason to abort.I returned to Nigeria early this year and me and the lady have been in touch since then.She claims she loves me and would like to marry me but not sure she’s willing to come to Nigeria to live or anything. She’s due to deliver in May. I really would like to be with my child and herself from birth however the policies seem complicated these days.right now I’m confused as to what to do or apply as to be with them both as I’ve got lot of things to prove even if I’m just applying as a visitor.I would really like to be around during the birth of my child in May, does anyone know what the best thing to do in this case is.
Thanks
I don't think your narrated circumstances can boost your chance.
Unfortunately, as you are not legally married, your rights to family reunion with the woman and the child is limited especially as you have not shown any obligation and responsibility to the persons concerned: Impregnating a woman is not enough ground to be granted a visa, and desiring to be there to witness the birth of the child is not enough reason for visa application.
As harsh as this may sound, (in the eyes of a visa officer) there is no difference between you and a sρerm donor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RedReact: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
As harsh as this may sound, (in the eyes of a visa officer) there is no difference between you and a sρerm donor
Chei, you wickeded gan-an o gringringrin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by holalekan: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
I don't think your narrated circumstances can boost your chance.
Unfortunately, as you are not legally married, your rights to family reunion with the woman and the child is limited especially as you have not shown any obligation and responsibility to the persons concerned: Impregnating a woman is not enough ground to be granted a visa, and desiring to be there to witness the birth of the child is not enough reason for visa application.

Noo!If the child isn't involved I can as well stay back in my country and get a decent job,but why would i walk away when i can take responsibility and be there to raise my child?Well if the mother is happy to relocate i'm more than willing to stay here and be there for them both.Myself and the mother are in touch and I've indicated I want to be involved in the upbringing of the child financially and morally!And I do understand my rights as a parent in future I just clarifications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Abbey48(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Babybird82:I really congratulate u for the sucess u just got nd I really thnk u for d advised u gave me cncrng d face-face interview.I've done d intrview on monday bt wht I expected on dt day ws a simple questns bt the co askd me a lot of qestns as if I ws doing a job intrview bt I really thnkd God that all d questns he askd me I ws able to answr them very well.
Pls how many days does it take bfre they granted u ur visa aftr d face -face intrview?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.