Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,406 members, 7,971,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998152 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaydacorsair: 12:31am On Mar 07, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,
Im a graduate and wish to study in the uk (computer science BCS) and im also a good footballer playing for Enyimba Feeder team. I want to know if im making the right decision and I have about 20k pounds for everything. Are there opportunities for footballers like me there? my parents can support me with @ least 1k pounds a month.Please i need your kind Advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 6:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Abbey48: @Babybird82:I really congratulate u for the sucess u just got nd I really thnk u for d advised u gave me cncrng d face-face interview.I've done d intrview on monday bt wht I expected on dt day ws a simple questns bt the co askd me a lot of qestns as if I ws doing a job intrview bt I really thnkd God that all d questns he askd me I ws able to answr them very well.
Pls how many days does it take bfre they granted u ur visa aftr d face -face intrview?
Thanks.

Lol, thank God u were able to answer your questions well. My interview was on the 21st of feb, collected my visa on the 4th of March but it was issued 26th of feb. The text to pick it up came on friday 1st march. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2013
@Justwise

I have sent you an email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
hi justwise and vicjustice! please i need your help...im planning to apply for this course msc engineering project management at university of bournemouth. i read on the website that theres a 40 week paid work experience/internship (though optional) so my questions:
1) are international students eligible to apply for such courses?
2) if yes will d students get a visa for the duration of the course which is a year + 40weeks, or just a year visa and then apply for a work visa or a special kind of visa afterwards?

thank u in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
[/b]hello brothers
please am a student in turkey and i want to travel to uk scotland precisely please what are the required documents i need and like how much am i suppose to have in my account and lastly wer can i book hotel reservation cos my friend told me i need one but am not gonna stay in a hotel..[b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
olu16: hi justwise and vicjustice! please i need your help...im planning to apply for this course msc engineering project management at university of bournemouth. i read on the website that theres a 40 week paid work experience/internship (though optional) so my questions:
1) are international students eligible to apply for such courses?
2) if yes will d students get a visa for the duration of the course which is a year + 40weeks, or just a year visa and then apply for a work visa or a special kind of visa afterwards?

thank u in advance

Yes international students are eligible to apply, your student visa is for 2yrs so it will be enough for the work experience and your main course.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Abbey48(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Good day to u Nairalanders,pls I want a quick reply on this my question. As an employee is it a must to attach tax clearance crtfcte to all the documents I'm taken to Us embassy?cos I'm going there for two days business summit which my company is one of the organizer of this event.
I was given an introduction letter and company statement of account by my company stated that they are the one sending me to Us and paying for all my expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashacoleman: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
This msg is for JustWise,

I work in a good company and earn a reasonable salary. I have travelled to the UAE a couple of times and to the Uk as well (i have 2 years uk visa). I applied for Schengen visa thru the French Embassy late last year and got denied, for not having enuf ties to my country (why i would want to settle in their yeye country i dont know). I want to reapply for schengen visa now, but i dnt want to go through the stress i went through the last time and then get denied again.

Please i need your advice on the best embassy to apply from and what you think my chances are. Thanks alot. i heard Switzerland is ok and spain, not sure, please i need advice from anyone that have had this experience as well.

Thanks guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
sashacoleman: This msg is for JustWise,

I work in a good company and earn a reasonable salary. I have travelled to the UAE a couple of times and to the Uk as well (i have 2 years uk visa). I applied for Schengen visa thru the French Embassy late last year and got denied, for not having enuf ties to my country (why i would want to settle in their yeye country i dont know). I want to reapply for schengen visa now, but i dnt want to go through the stress i went through the last time and then get denied again.

Please i need your advice on the best embassy to apply from and what you think my chances are. Thanks alot. i heard Switzerland is ok and spain, not sure, please i need advice from anyone that have had this experience as well.

Thanks guys.
I am aware that this query was directed to Justwise, but i don't think he would mind me answering his question.
I still don't know why some people keep assuming that some Schengen embassies are more lenient or tolerant than others; but from experience, i can confidently tell you that they are all the same and that they follow same rules, same terms and same conditions.
If someone applied for a visa through Swedish embassy and got refused, and another applies through Italian embassy and got approved, it does not at all mean that Swedish embassy is a difficult one, it merely depends on the individual (visa officer) who is responsible for the decision and not the embassy as a whole: know that there are several visa officers in any given embassy, so, it doesn't make much of a sense to assume that some embassies are easier than others.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
sashacoleman: This msg is for JustWise,

Thanks guys.
But you have said it earlier that this message is for justwise,then why are you asking for anyone again for advice?justwise will answer you bro...no hard feelings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Waleabimbola:
But you have said it earlier that this message is for justwise,then why are you asking for anyone again for advice?justwise will answer you bro...no hard feelings

Vicjustice has done justices to the question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashacoleman: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks a lot guys. Rlly grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jntyjnty007(f): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2013
My brother worked in the UK for two years, Manchester. But unfortunately he left voluntarily because he was shopped by his girlfriend working on a 3 month visitors/tourist visa. Now my question is can anybody advise me how he can get back there. He was banned for 1 year. He married a lovely lady here in Nigeria who is from the UK. She wants to stay until next January, because she has a very good job. He wants to go in the next couple of months. Her concern is, that she does not want him to get into trouble like he did the first time.

Can he go back to the UK without any issues, bearing in mind he was told to leave once before?

Thanks in advance for those in the know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
jntyjnty007: My brother worked in the UK for two years, Manchester. But unfortunately he left voluntarily because he was shopped by his girlfriend working on a 3 month visitors/tourist visa. Now my question is can anybody advise me how he can get back there. He was banned for 1 year. He married a lovely lady here in Nigeria who is from the UK. She wants to stay until next January, because she has a very good job. He wants to go in the next couple of months. Her concern is, that she does not want him to get into trouble like he did the first time.

Can he go back to the UK without any issues, bearing in mind he was told to leave once before?

Thanks in advance for those in the know.

He wants to come back to the UK with the wife who is British or just him as a tourist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jntyjnty007(f): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
justwise:

He wants to come back to the UK with the wife who is British or just him as a tourist?

He wants to go on a tourist visa. But plans to work somehow. What we need to know is will his previous ban affect his visa status, even though he is married to a british citizen? She wants to return in January of next year. I think my brother is just pissed of with Nigeria, seeing his friends abroad kind of makes him feels like he has failed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
jntyjnty007:

He wants to go on a tourist visa. But plans to work somehow. What we need to know is will his previous ban affect his visa status, even though he is married to a british citizen? She wants to return in January of next year. I think my brother is just pissed of with Nigeria, seeing his friends abroad kind of makes him feels like he has failed.

Being married to British citizen will not stop them denying him a visa, has he served the one year ban? Is he working or doing business in Nigeria now that earns him good money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jntyjnty007(f): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
justwise:

Being married to British citizen will not stop them denying him a visa, has he served the one year ban? Is he working or doing business in Nigeria now that earns him good money?

Yes he has served the one year ban, His wages are less than N50,000 a month. His wife is the high earner. But surely it is high risk him going on his own and getting caught again. Because if that happens I doubt the immigration authorities will look too kindly upon him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
jntyjnty007:

Yes he has served the one year ban, His wages are less than N50,000 a month.

With that wage his chances of getting a visa is very very slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jntyjnty007(f): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
justwise:

With that wage his chances of getting a visa is very very slim.

So judging by your response he would need a sponsor, such as his wife, to finance the trip. Is that a way he could go? Or is it best for him to wait for his wife and go with her. Because he thinks she just has to go to the embassy with him and give wedding pictures and proof of income. I can't believe it to be that easy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
jntyjnty007:

So judging by your response he would need a sponsor, such as his wife, to finance the trip. Is that a way he could go? Or is it best for him to wait for his wife and go with her. Because he thinks she just has to go to the embassy with him and give wedding pictures and proof of income. I can't believe it to be that easy.

Even with his wife as a sponsor your brother will struggle to get a visa, as an adult with previous record of violating immigration rule he need to convince the ECO beyond every reasonable doubt that he can afford the trip and return back to Nigeria.

Even if he is married to the queen of England he can't just walk in into the BHC with wedding pictures and get a visa. He will be turned back and asked to go through normal process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jntyjnty007(f): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
justwise:

Even with his wife as a sponsor your brother will struggle to get a visa, as an adult with previous record of violating immigration rule he need to convince the ECO beyond every reasonable doubt that he can afford the trip and return back to Nigeria.

Even if he is married to the queen of England he can't just walk in into the BHC with wedding pictures and get a visa. He will be turned back and asked to go through normal process.

Makes sense, thanks for the advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dear Niraland/justwise please i need your help have just been refuse uk visa, trying to attach the docs but with know luck. kindly help send ur email so as to send it to you to help me look into it pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
stone2x: Dear Niraland/justwise please i need your help have just been refuse uk visa, trying to attach the docs but with know luck. kindly help send ur email so as to send it to you to help me look into it pls
It is up to you if you desire to correspond with Justwise in private, that's no problem. But there is no need to make up a claim that you "tried to attach the refusal document with no luck": If you have no luck applying the letter here, how do you think you'd have any luck attaching it in his email address?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
comon hw can u talk lik this i do not need to send any personal mail to him its truly because i cant attach the docshahaha okay giv me ur email add let me send to you.so that u can help attach pls...am not d kind of person that will c blue and call it black
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
stone2x: comon hw can u talk lik this i do not need to send any personal mail to him its truly because i cant attach the docshahaha okay giv me ur email add let me send to you.so that u can help attach pls...am not d kind of person that will c blue and call it black
I'm sorry if you felt i gave a negative impression about your claim.
Perhaps the file that you're trying to attach is too big, why not manually write down the contents then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
can i pls giv u my email address.. kayodekadiri@yahoo.com so as to help review d docs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dear Niraland/justwise please i need your help have just been refuse uk visa, trying to attach the docs but with know luck. kindly help send ur email so as to send it to you to help me look into it pls
here is it again

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
stone2x:
here is it again

You did not attach the whole refusal letter, why were you refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 12:43am On Mar 12, 2013
kindly send me ur email address soas to send it am having problem in attaching the first page pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2013
just sent it bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.