Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,337 members, 7,971,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998092 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femib26(m): 7:11am On Apr 23, 2013
justwise:

Then you can still use it
He has all bank details dated March,are they valid for May?
Too many questions? pardon me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26: hello, could someone advise me on this pls?
how long does an invitation letter from a British citizen remain valid for?
A friend has an invite from his cousin for his family since February, but due to his busy schedule, he has been unable to send in his application for uk visa.
Pls, advise, can he still use the invite?
Thanks for your help.
An invitation letter remains valid as long as the purpose of the invitation is not deemed time sensitive: but it all comes to your discretion, you don't want to use an invitation letter that would be affected by change of circumstances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femib26(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Vicjustice:
An invitation letter remains valid as long as the purpose of the invitation is not deemed time sensitive: but it all come to your discretion, you don't want to use an invitation letter that would affected by change of circumstances
Are you advising, he gets another letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26:
Are you advising, he gets another letter?
How did I suggest so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femib26(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Vicjustice: How did I suggest so?
I DID NOT SAY YOU SAID THAT. I JUST WANT TO BE CLEARED ABOUT IT. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:17am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26:
I DID NOT SAY YOU SAID THAT. I JUST WANT TO BE CLEARED ABOUT IT. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES.
What message are you now passing to me by writing this in all capital?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teeplenty002: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hello Nairalander, i have read so much message from this forum n i would like the house to advice me, i was called from UK embassy in Abuja to come for an interview after i submitted a visiting visa application, am a student and my dad is sponsoring my trip just for 7days,i would also like to know anyone who have attend such interview either in lag or Abj....Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hello good people here,its a great job u people re doing here.please I need a quick response, I applied for france visiting visa this year and I was refused twice,am now planning to apply to UK but d question now is that is it advisable to use that same passport that has 2france refusal stamp or I should declaire it lost and get another passport to use for the UK. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Alhaji Abbey: Hello good people here,its a great job u people re doing here.please I need a quick response, I applied for france visiting visa this year and I was refused twice,am now planning to apply to UK but d question now is that is it advisable to use that same passport that has 2france refusal stamp or I should declaire it lost and get another passport to use for the UK. Thanks

use the same one if it's still valid and if you meet the requirement you have a very good chance of getting the visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
@dis guy thanks but the problem is that I used agent for the france visa and he possibly use a forge documents but now am applying to UK myself with my original documents now,hope it won't affect my Uk application,hope the refusal stamp won't b a stain on my passport to get UK visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
teeplenty002: Hello Nairalander, i have read so much message from this forum n i would like the house to advice me, i was called from UK embassy in Abuja to come for an interview after i submitted a visiting visa application, am a student and my dad is sponsoring my trip just for 7days,i would also like to know anyone who have attend such interview either in lag or Abj....Thanks

Keep yourself composed on that day as the interviewer they will first ask you did you filled the application forms and signed it all by yourself?.They will also ask you every single questions you filled in your application form just make sure nothing changes from what you wrote and what you will be saying.Make sure you give them a good reason why you want to travel to the UK because they might ask you why do you want to visit the UK now.You should also note the address where you will be staying in the UK because they will also ask you.Well,that is little i can say because i have also experienced it.One last thing make sure you study your application form which you submitted,i hope you still have a copy of it but in case you dont have any copy seat down and try to re-collect all the information's you wrote i'm 100% sure they will repeat the same questions for you to check some irregularities and if you are unable to defend what you wrote down you know what that means..They also interviewed me and from what i can gather its like they want to check if i submitted to them some bogus information i wont be able to defend and to give 10yrs ban but i was able to answer all the questions accurately but still get refused,so calling you for interview doesn't mean say the visa sure ooooooo. I wish you all the best..Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teeplenty002: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
@ dontgiveup1 Thanks for your reply however did the VO told you why you were refused?and do i need to go there with hotel reservation coz my dad want to make sure i get the visa before making the payment for both ticket and hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xtralargehcc(m): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2013
Some many prospective UK travellers or intending UK Visa applicants have little or no information as to how to go about applying and obtaining a valid passport. It's worthy to note that before one embarks on a herculean task such as applying for and obtaining a UK Visa, a lot of grounds must be covered. The procedures, processes, hows, whats, whens, whys and where's; must be taking into consideration.
Based on the foregoing, I would like to take a little of your time to categorically state the necessary steps one MUST take to be successful in getting a UK VISA. Follow me as I take you by the hand and lead you to the journey for which it's final destination is UK!

First, know the type of visa application you want to apply for. This info can be assessed from this website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/

Second, find out the cost of application for that particular visa type.

Thirdly, proceed to any branch of Sterling Bank and make the necessary payments while keeping your teller safe. On the other hand, you can pay for your visa application fee at the submission centre either in Abuja or Lagos.

Fourthly, take your cursor to the browser and type in; http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. This is where you fill the online visa application form, submit it online and print the reference copy for future use. If you want to fill the hard copy of the form in your handwriting, this can be done at the visa application centre. This centre is run by an independent commercial partner of the UK Border Agency. The name is VFS Global Ltd.

Fifthly, book appointment with the company in less than 30days if you applied online so as to take your biometrics (fingerprint and facial capture); but if you applied at the centre, you'll book appointment immediately or at a later date for the purpose of taking your biometrics.

Sixthly, gather all the originals of your credentials including your international passport and taking them along on the day of your booking. Don't forget your teller or reference printout.

These are the necessary steps one must take to obtain a UK Visa. Note, the earlier you start this process, the better for you. Always start to process your visa application 3 months to the time of departure. September is around the corner for prospective student visa applicants.

Questions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2013
teeplenty002: @ dontgiveup1 Thanks for your reply however did the VO told you why you were refused?and do i need to go there with hotel reservation coz my dad want to make sure i get the visa before making the payment for both ticket and hotel.

The Interviewer will not give you the outcome of the interview immediately he or she will only says you will get the result of your visa interview once you pick up your package from vfs. If the visa is issued you will see it and if refused which i don't pray it happens to you then you will as well see the reason for the refusal.You must have been told to come with your collection slip, they wont ask you to show them any additional documents aside from the ones you already submitted because they are judging your application based on the documents you already submitted so no additional documents will be accepted.They may even ask you to tell them what are the documents you submitted to prove the source of your Dad's income.My little advice is please,study properly all the documents you submitted and keep your self composed,looked directly to the interviewer when asking you question and also listen careful before you start answering any questions,if you dont understand the question ask again and it will be repeated.If you have any other thing you want to know please go ahead and ask.I pray you get this visa because you are already in the middle of getting it,if the ECO does not want to grant the visa they wont be calling you for an interview is would have been a straight refusal,so its now left for you to claim it.Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by asaajuomo1(m): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2013
@teeplenty002, The eco will ask U D reason U choose D hotel U booked either cheap or expensive. if u are applying as a tourist, know D tourist centres u will visit & how u will get to those places. Don't go with D copy of ur form & be reading there, it shows that u didn't fill/use fake information u couldn't remember. (CCTV) Be compose and audible. Don't forget to say a fairwell (Thank you & have a nice day) on your way out. I went through D interview too in January and I was given D Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2013
Morning nairalanders,I no dat most people ve slept off wen I sent a message in yesterday night,pls good people of nairaland I need a quick response to dis b4 I make wrong decision, I applied for france business and visiting visa this year and I was refused twice,am now planning to apply to UK but d question now is that is it advisable to use that same passport that has 2france refusal stamp or I should declaire it lost and get another passport to use for the UK.

Secondly I used agent for the france visa and he possibly use a forge documents but I wasn't denied visa based on d forge documents dey said purpose of the visit is not reliable and he's not satisfy dat I will return to my country after d said visit and now am applying to UK myself with my original documents now,hope it won't affect my Uk application and hope the refusal stamp won't b a stain on my passport to get UK visa. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
teeplenty002: Hello Nairalander, i have read so much message from this forum n i would like the house to advice me, i was called from UK embassy in Abuja to come for an interview after i submitted a visiting visa application, am a student and my dad is sponsoring my trip just for 7days,i would also like to know anyone who have attend such interview either in lag or Abj....Thanks

The interview is being done randomnly from people that applied for UK visa whom they are not 100% satisfied in your submission. From experience a friend of mine ws asked the following question- his salary earning, why london, the cost of taxi from airport to your destination. The name of the hotel or where you will be staying. Your itenenary plan made,better go back and research about london nd its environ nd abour your trip and the cost of money you will spend, etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Please house lets forget about visa or no working permit .please which area I mean which city can fresh hustler can hustle very well by doing menial job?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Good evening all. What will this mean to the spouse visa processing times?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/84-nigeria-settlement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice, Please do you remember my case? Well, I am about to reapply probably next month and i would like to know if i can change to family visitor i have a step brother who has sent me invitation and necessary documents but my concerns is during the previous applications i have never indicated i had a family in UK in my tourist form but i just discovered i do after the last application 7 months ago so i would like to know if i can change to family visitor from tourist then i can explain why i didn't indicate i had a step brother in UK before that i just discovered that after the last application. Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Don't no wot is wrong with dis forum since 2days ago,is anybody here to help? Justwise and d rest where are u people? undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:30am On Apr 26, 2013
shessyfavour: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice, Please do you remember my case? Well, I am about to reapply probably next month and i would like to know if i can change to family visitor i have a step brother who has sent me invitation and necessary documents but my concerns is during the previous applications i have never indicated i had a family in UK in my tourist form but i just discovered i do after the last application 7 months ago so i would like to know if i can change to family visitor from tourist then i can explain why i didn't indicate i had a step brother in UK before that i just discovered that after the last application. Thanks so much.
And you really do expect the visa officer to be dum enough to believe that you are going to visit a "step brother" that you barely know anything about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 9:29am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey: Don't no wot is wrong with dis forum since 2days ago,is anybody here to help? Justwise and d rest where are u people? undecided

did he use forge document or not? when you got your refusal did you get your documents back?
best thing you can do is meet and the criteria and more; your case will be decided on its own merit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 9:38am On Apr 26, 2013
Dis Guy:

did he use forge document or not? when you got your refusal did you get your documents back?
best thing you can do is meet and the criteria and more; your case will be decided on its own merit

Yea he arranged some documents for me but d visa was not denied based on d forge document and france did not return any of the document becos france doesn't accept original document dey only collect photocopy documents.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2013
please just wise how can i get uk visit without invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2013
phemobay: please just wise how can i get uk visit without invitation letter

Book for hotel accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey: Morning nairalanders,I no dat most people ve slept off wen I sent a message in yesterday night,pls good people of nairaland I need a quick response to dis b4 I make wrong decision, I applied for france business and visiting visa this year and I was refused twice,am now planning to apply to UK but d question now is that is it advisable to use that same passport that has 2france refusal stamp or I should declaire it lost and get another passport to use for the UK.

Secondly I used agent for the france visa and he possibly use a forge documents but I wasn't denied visa based on d forge documents dey said purpose of the visit is not reliable and he's not satisfy dat I will return to my country after d said visit and now am applying to UK myself with my original documents now,hope it won't affect my Uk application and hope the refusal stamp won't b a stain on my passport to get UK visa. Thanks

Use the same passport, they have your biometric details anyway. When applying for the UK visa don't tick no where you will be asked if you have been refused a visa to other countries before. Tick yes and explain (if asked to explain) why you were refused.

Having a refusal stamp in your passport is not a crime, but lying about it or trying to hide it is a crime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 9:56am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Book for hotel accommodation.

guide me on it please, how much will it cost me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Apr 26, 2013
phemobay:

guide me on it please, how much will it cost me

Search for hotels in London and log on to their site and find out the cost. Hotels like Premier-Inn, Travelodge, Holiday-inn are all budget hotels.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Use the same passport, they have your biometric details anyway. When applying for the UK visa don't tick no where you will be asked if you have been refused a visa to other countries before. Tick yes and explain (if asked to explain) why you were refused.

Having a refusal stamp in your passport is not a crime, but lying about it or trying to hide it is a crime.

@justwise thanks for d good advice.let me explain my self in details now b4 I apply for the Uk, I was working with a company b4 i quit to start my own business,my business was registered dis month and I was thinking of applying in 2months time,d question is can I use d newly registered companybcos its still young and wot sort of document can I produce(its a motor dealer business) and do I need to mention dat I was working with a company b4 I quit to start my own business and wot kind of document will I submit to dat effect too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Search for hotels in London and log on to their site and find out the cost. Hotels like Premier-Inn, Travelodge, Holiday-inn are all budget hotels.

how many days will i book at minimum... because after d hotel i wl join a relative to stay for some days b4 leaving

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.