Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,344 members, 7,971,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998103 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
Roxy4: @justwise @vicjustice... quick question visa application submitted in Nigeria can be issued in the UK? a friend submitted her application in lagos got her visa and says Issued in SHEFFO not the regular LAGOS or ABUJA and with a stamp Sheffield UKVS.

yes, they are shipping some applications from Lekki to Sheffield, perhaps backlogs or short of staff
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Roxy4: don't forget her 6month salary account too (even if it got 0 naira balance) /tax clearance/payslips - All teachers got this.

Thank you for your reply, mum said she doesn't get a payslip. The school receives something they all voucher at the end of the month listing all names of the teachers in the school and their pay, which is kept by the headmistress. I've asked her to collect it and copy the last six months of it.

I'ld ask her about tax documentation. And this time around she would definitely be including the bank statement.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimdalu58: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
hello goodevening,pls does anyone know the uk visa procedures?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cookies: 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hello good people, i plan to travel to the UK by December but my current visa expires by November, can I apply for renewal now? Please I need your urgent responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello Justwise, Vicjustice and funkybaby.

Please i need advice about my Mum's UK VISA Application. My husband invited my mum to visit us as we just had a baby. My husband is also sponsoring her. We gave her a copy of my husband's British passport data page, invitation letter, 6months of our joint bank account statement, landline bill as proof of address.
She picked up her application package today and was declined. Reason - Satisfied that her sponsor can cover her traveling expenses, but not satisfied that she is a genuine visitor to the UK as there is no evidence to substantiate her claim income. She is a Teacher and earns N90,000 a month. She submitted everything including letter from LGEA, her headmaster, landed property and house document, NUT ID Card, family pictures with my sibling and parents except her bank statement. She was aware she needed to submit it and had 6months statement printed out but my dad packaged the documents and didn't put the bank statement in (sabotage, because I'm inviting my mother first, and not him, anyway that's a story for another day). She realised she didn't submit the bank statement after she left the application centre. She couriered it to the embassy, but got a reply that they are unable to consider the document as it should have been submitted with her application.

My question is what's the way forward. When can she re-apply. My uncle is advising to wait for 6months to avoid coming across as desperate. I dont have a problem with waiting 6months, but what other documents should we add next time we are re-applying for her. And how soon is sensible to. I would type out her refusal letter later in the day.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello @ Justwise, Vicjustice, Funkybaby, London Cool, Dis Guy and the men wey sabi.

Will be submitting my application next week.

I have the following.

-Marriage cert.
-Birth certs.
Company's Registration documents.
-Tax clearance (no payment yet, registered this year)
-Vat letter ( will pay 5% VAT for the second --company this month, business name, hence no tax clearance cert issued.)
-Hotel reservation confirmed.
-Business documents, receipts et al.
- statement of accounts, current and dom.

QUESTIONS.

My investment ( fixed deposit) 1.5M was liquidated this week and credited directly to my current account where same money was pulled from.

(a) Will the ECO not see this as money lodgement knowing fully well that I only had 100k in the account before the investment wad liquidated? If yes, what do I do?

(b) Can I write a letter to this effect? If yes how do I address the situation?

(c) can i include my business account statements?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Tfree: Hello Justwise, Vicjustice and funkybaby.

Please i need advice about my Mum's UK VISA Application. My husband invited my mum to visit us as we just had a baby. My husband is also sponsoring her. We gave her a copy of my husband's British passport data page, invitation letter, 6months of our joint bank account statement, landline bill as proof of address.
She picked up her application package today and was declined. Reason - Satisfied that her sponsor can cover her traveling expenses, but not satisfied that she is a genuine visitor to the UK as there is no evidence to substantiate her claim income. She is a Teacher and earns N90,000 a month. She submitted everything including letter from LGEA, her headmaster, landed property and house document, NUT ID Card, family pictures with my sibling and parents except her bank statement. She was aware she needed to submit it and had 6months statement printed out but my dad packaged the documents and didn't put the bank statement in (sabotage, because I'm inviting my mother first, and not him, anyway that's a story for another day). She realised she didn't submit the bank statement after she left the application centre. She couriered it to the embassy, but got a reply that they are unable to consider the document as it should have been submitted with her application.

My question is what's the way forward. When can she re-apply. My uncle is advising to wait for 6months to avoid coming across as desperate. I dont have a problem with waiting 6months, but what other documents should we add next time we are re-applying for her. And how soon is sensible to. I would type out her refusal letter later in the day.

Thanks

there is no RULE anywhere that states you should wait for 6months before reapplying.you can reapply the very next day if you wish to do so and many times after then. what really matters is addressing the previous reasons for refusal and covering all loose ends in the application.

you have two options: you either reapply with the UPDATED bank statement or you appeal.

if you decide to appeal, you will win because the ECO should have taken into account the additional bank statement because as at the time it was couriered to them since they were yet to reach a decision on her application or they should have requested for one based on the principle of evidential flexibility.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Hello @ Justwise, Vicjustice, Funkybaby, London Cool, Dis Guy and the men wey sabi.

Will be submitting my application next week.

I have the following.

-Marriage cert.
-Birth certs.
Company's Registration documents.
-Tax clearance (no payment yet, registered this year)
-Vat letter ( will pay 5% VAT for the second --company this month, business name, hence no tax clearance cert issued.)
-Hotel reservation confirmed.
-Business documents, receipts et al.
- statement of accounts, current and dom.

QUESTIONS.

My investment ( fixed deposit) 1.5M was liquidated this week and credited directly to my current account where same money was pulled from.

(a) Will the ECO not see this as money lodgement knowing fully well that I only had 100k in the account before the investment wad liquidated? If yes, what do I do?

(b) Can I write a letter to this effect? If yes how do I address the situation?

(c) can i include my business account statements?

Thank you.

i am guessing you are self-employed.

do you pay yourself a salary every month or you just withdraw directly from your business account?

do you have previous travel history?

before you paid in the 1.5m, what was the frequency of previous cash inflow and outflow in your account?

what will be the closing balance of both your personal and business accounts as at time you print your bank statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

i am guessing you are self-employed.

do you pay yourself a salary every month or you just withdraw directly from your business account?

do you have previous travel history?

before you paid in the 1.5m, what was the frequency of previous cash inflow and outflow in your account?

what will be the closing balance of both your personal and business accounts as at time
you print your bank statements?

Yes self employed. Will start paying myself salary from October 2013. Been to s/a and dubai

Current account N1.2
Dom account $8k
Business account 410k

Didn't pay in 1.5, it was credited to my account from my fixed deposit.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
funkybaby:

there is no RULE anywhere that states you should wait for 6months before reapplying.you can reapply the very next day if you wish to do so and many times after then. what really matters is addressing the previous reasons for refusal and covering all loose ends in the application.

you have two options: you either reapply with the UPDATED bank statement or you appeal.

if you decide to appeal, you will win because the ECO should have taken into account the additional bank statement because as at the time it was couriered to them since they were yet to reach a decision on her application or they should have requested for one based on the principle of evidential flexibility.
funkybaby:

Thanks Funkybaby,

That is encouraging. She is suppose to visit in Dec for Xmas, so i guess i'll ask her to re-apply, as i'm worried the appeal might drag longer. I intend to help her write a letter explaining how they refused to accept the bank statement last time and refused her on that basis. They didn't return my husband's 6months bank statement though - don't know whether this is normal. I have another original copy addressed to me as it's a joint account. I'll send her that, i dont want them to refuse her again based on not submitting originals. We'll make sure all required documents are submitted this time around definitely learnt our lesson.

Thanks funkybaby for your reply you are a star

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
cookies: Hello good people, i plan to travel to the UK by December but my current visa expires by November, can I apply for renewal now? Please I need your urgent responses.

Yes you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Yes self employed. Will start paying myself salary from October 2013. Been to s/a and dubai

Current account N1.2
Dom account $8k
Business account 410k

Thank you

Waiting gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tfree:

Thanks Funkybaby,

That is encouraging. She is suppose to visit in Dec for Xmas, so i guess i'll ask her to re-apply, as i'm worried the appeal might drag longer. I intend to help her write a letter explaining how they refused to accept the bank statement last time and refused her on that basis. They didn't return my husband's 6months bank statement though - don't know whether this is normal. I have another original copy addressed to me as it's a joint account. I'll send her that, i dont want them to refuse her again based on not submitting originals. We'll make sure all required documents are submitted this time around definitely learnt our lesson.

Thanks funkybaby for your reply you are a star

You're welcome. Just reply with a covering letter/personal statement. Highlight the fact that the trip will be funded by yourself, how long she's been a teacher and also mention she will be returning back to her job once she's done with her vacation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Current account N1.2
Dom account $8k
Business account 410k

Thank you

Your finances look okay. Just make sure you cover any loose ends and you are good to go. Include a cover letter/personal statement explaining the nature of your business, the reason for planned visit, your itinerary, strong ties to nigeria, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daniel1991(m): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hi good day @justwise and all friends on this thread. I really enjoy all the comments and information but i have a problem which i don't know anyone can help.
I'm a graduate of Lagos State Polytechnic (NATIONAL DIPLOMAL), i will like to further my education in the UK, how can i go about it? I don't have anyone there and my pay is low here in Nigeria at where i work. Is there anyone here that can help me maybe sponsor me when i get there i get a job and pay my sponsor all the money incure during the process. Two things i will love to do when i get there i want to work and study. Any respond to this i will really appreciate. One love
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
Daniel1991: Hi good day @justwise and all friends on this thread. I really enjoy all the comments and information but i have a problem which i don't know anyone can help.
I'm a graduate of Lagos State Polytechnic (NATIONAL DIPLOMAL), i will like to further my education in the UK, how can i go about it? I don't have anyone there and my pay is low here in Nigeria at where i work. Is there anyone here that can help me maybe sponsor me when i get there i get a job and pay my sponsor all the money incure during the process. Two things i will love to do when i get there i want to work and study. Any respond to this i will really appreciate. One love
By requirement, it is not possible for anyone who is neither your parent nor your spouse to sponsor you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Daniel1991: Hi good day @justwise and all friends on this thread. I really enjoy all the comments and information but i have a problem which i don't know anyone can help.

It will be difficult to get a complete stranger to invest such huge amount in you and to work and study full time in the UK is just a mountain to climb, you wouldn't have the time as a Msc student working 20hrs a week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daniel1991(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
justwise:

It will be difficult to get a complete stranger to invest such huge amount in you and to work and study full time in the UK is just a mountain to climb, you wouldn't have the time as a Msc student working 20hrs a week.
okay. Pls what is your advice for me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daniel1991(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Since i don't have any traveling xperience, will that stop me from traveling to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Daniel1991: Since i don't have any traveling xperience, will that stop me from traveling to the UK?

That will not stop you as long as you have the money and meet other requirements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
funkybaby:

Your finances look okay. Just make sure you cover any loose ends and you are good to go. Include a cover letter/personal statement explaining the nature of your business, the reason for planned visit, your itinerary, strong ties to nigeria, etc.

Thanks funkybaby. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
justwise:

lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
guy u funny well well oooh 4 dis naija or UK hahaha.........

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
justwise:

You mean that because he's a "complete stranger" to you therefore you are unwilling to sponsor him? Come on, be a good Samaritan
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
You mean that because he's a "complete stranger" to you therefore you are unwilling to sponsor him? Come on, be a good Samaritan

grin grin we can do it together...lets be that good Samaritan together...deal or no deal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2013
justwise: [/b]

grin grin we can do it together...lets be that good Samaritan together...deal or no deal?
What's the minimum amount somebody can have in his salaries account before somebody can apply for a visiting visa in uk. Because am having 300K plus in my acct now and am working toward 600K upward by the end of november. I want to apply for uk visiting visa by december, cos I want to use the opportunity to see my brother in uk before going to america for my studies.
I am an account officer for the past 3years in an automobile coy with salary of 80K per month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2013
kunlebal:
What's the minimum amount somebody can have in his salaries account before somebody can apply for a visiting visa in uk. Because am having 300K plus in my acct now and am working toward 600K upward by the end of november. I want to apply for uk visiting visa by december, cos I want to use the opportunity to see my brother in uk before going to america for my studies.
I am an account officer for the past 3years in an automobile coy with salary of 80K per month

With that salary i will be surprised if you are given a visa even if you have 1million in your account.

Do you have USA student visa already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xarabim: 8:58am On Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone. Pls i need advice on this. I recently applied for a 6 months general visitors visa to the uk. I was refused according to them the money i intended to spend in the uk was a bulk part of the total savings in my account. I felt his decision was unjust. Afterall its my money ryt? I can choose to spend it however i deem fit. My question is- can i appeal? How do i go about the process? Also how much time should elapse before i reapply? Can i reapply immediately? Thank u for your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
xarabim: Hello everyone. Pls i need advice on this. I recently applied for a 6 months general visitors visa to the uk. I was refused according to them the money i intended to spend in the uk was a bulk part of the total savings in my account. I felt his decision was unjust. Afterall its my money ryt? I can choose to spend it however i deem fit. My question is- can i appeal? How do i go about the process? Also how much time should elapse before i reapply? Can i reapply immediately? Thank u for your responses.

Surely its your money and you can spend it the way you want but you have to also remember that its their country and they decide who to allow in.

You can reapply anytime but the question is...what has changed since your last refusal? Has your financial standing improved?

How much do you earn in a month and how much were you budgeting to spend on the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2013
justwise: [/b]

grin cheesy plzzz me too is lookin for a sponsor and am a girl mine will be easier to pay back u know
Justwise cheesy grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2013
ella2136:
grin cheesy plzzz me too is lookin for a sponsor and am a girl mine will be easier to pay back u know
Justwise cheesy grin
grin grin grin...hmmmm no i don't know...do you mind explaining?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xarabim: 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
@ justwise. Thank you for response. I had a little over 900k, i intended to spend 700k for 13 days excluding accomodation as i stated my sister whom i was to travel with was paying for our accomodation. The ec0 acknowledged i have sufficient funds in my acct, but was not satisfied with how much i intended to spend. I earn 150k monthly. My question pls- i still have about 900k in my acct, if i'm to reapply again in your opinion, how much is acceptable to spend for 10 days? I just got refused last week. Can i reapply this week? My leave is coming up soon and i'm so looking forward to travelling with my sister. Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.