Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,334 members, 7,971,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998088 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
sundyke107:

Okay. thanks for your assitance/contributions. I intend to travel 1st week of March, hence will be submitting latest January 28, 2014. How so you see the timing Funkybabay?

you are welcome.

i am not too sure about the timing. you need to check the embassy's website to find out the average processing time. you also need to book an appointment (not sure if that has changed) and getting available dates can be an hassle (not sure if it's easier now).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
Face to face interview?!

That would be great!

By the time we are done with "ourselves", the entire office of the BHC would have done a collection for me... And there would be no dry eye in the house.

Maybe it's even MP they would give me sef, and not even spouse visa or not even British passport- LMAO; ROFL.

But on a serious note, an interview is a small thing- one thing living in the UK has taught me is that there is NOTHING more liberating than telling the truth.

You've lifted my spirits somehow, and for this, Funkybaby, I am grateful.

P.s we haven't got a child together yet...

Hopefully in the near future after this whole episode is over.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hey guys what should a person do in this instance:the person got refused student visa on the grounds of insufficient maintenance funds,apparently the person should have had 7200 in their act for 28days but instead the person had 1600( maintenance for 2 months ie established presence). so basically the UKBA said he didnt qualify for established presence since he hadnt completed their initial uni course within the last 6months(he wanted to change course).However, the person had thought he had an established presence after studying in the uk for 2yrs alevels. what should d person do in this case, appeal or re apply considering their latest registration date is 18th sept. but personally i thought the person should have qualified for established presence since they had studied alevels for 2yrs. i have never heard of the 6months rule.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys what should a person do in this instance:the person got refused student visa on the grounds of insufficient maintenance funds,apparently the person should have had 7200 in their act for 28days but instead the person had 1600( maintenance for 2 months ie established presence). so basically the UKBA said he didnt qualify for established presence since he hadnt completed their initial uni course within the last 6months(he wanted to change course).However, the person had thought he had an established presence after studying in the uk for 2yrs alevels. what should d person do in this case, appeal or re apply considering their latest registration date is 18th sept. but personally i thought the person should have qualified for established presence since they had studied alevels for 2yrs. i have never heard of the 6months rule.

they must have quoted/referred to the section of the immigration law that applies to the said 6 months rule in the refusal letter.

go to the home office's website and check for the section. if its indeed 6months and it was effective as at the time you made the application, then you are better off reapplying. however, if it is not 6 months or you feel that particular law should have been applied differently in your case, then you can appeal provided you have enough evidence to support your arguement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ik.kao:
Face to face interview?!

That would be great!

By the time we are done with "ourselves", the entire office of the BHC would have done a collection for me... And there would be no dry eye in the house.

Maybe it's even MP they would give me sef, and not even spouse visa or not even British passport- LMAO; ROFL.

hahahhahahahhahaahhahahaha grin grin grin grin

Ik.kao:

But on a serious note, an interview is a small thing- one thing living in the UK has taught me is that there is NOTHING more liberating than telling the truth.

You've lifted my spirits somehow, and for this, Funkybaby, I am grateful.

P.s we haven't got a child together yet...

Hopefully in the near future after this whole episode is over.

you are welcome smiley

Yeah, often times its good to let it all out. all the best ! smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sundyke107: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
funkybaby:

you are welcome.

i am not too sure about the timing. you need to check the embassy's website to find out the average processing time. you also need to book an appointment (not sure if that has changed) and getting available dates can be an hassle (not sure if it's easier now).

Funkybaby, I quite appreciate your swift response to all my enquiries. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yeah- she's been amazing today!!

Very quick response to posts.

Thanks again Funkybaby..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
funkybaby:

you should also include your employment offer letter... this should show the breakdown of your wages, benefits, bonuses, etc.

so the ECO will understand all the lump credit transfers made by your employer.

Explain to ECO that the money is ur upfront ( very important ) . Also inform the ECO about money from different people is loan or cooperative stuff.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sundyke107: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
wola44:

Explain to ECO that the money is ur upfront ( very important ) . Also inform the ECO about money from different people is loan or cooperative stuff.

Thanks for your advice Wola44, but someone said its illegal to grant loan (europe-france) to people unregistered. I actually want to apply for France.

More light pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by YomiFash86(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2013
Ik.kao:
I know this is a public forum, yeah and I'm open to criticism.

Let me say this, there have been times when in the UK, I could have pointed a fun to my head and blown it away.

Times I walk over a bridge and I'm tempted to jump over.

It's true- even my husband sings this song to me since day 1 and I'm sure he would sing it to me forever as long as we both live.

He always asks me:" why on earth did you do this?" Etc... I just sit there looking like an idiot - and fool which I am.

Please I'm open to crucifixion- no objection from me.

If you see me, you've seen the face of stupid.

If I opened myself to you and I told you half my story you wouldn't even bother replying any of my posts because I have/ had no reason- sensible or foolish to overstay.

I hope everything works out well in my case. I hope if end up in appeal, it all works ok..

I just want to be with my husband I've longer for so long for!

Thank you for coming back to me with your candid advice Funkybabe.. I really appreciate.

We have a lawyer to handle the case and my husband to be is a" handful" so hopefully with God of all possibilities, I would come back here with a success story.

Thanks

Be of good courage, I have seen many people in the same situation like you, but at the end they were issued settlement visas, just be honest with BHC and pray, with God all things are possible.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2013
Thanks @ YomiFash86, it's NOT easy AT all..

when the foundation is messed up, it can take a lot of work to put a simple thing in place.

I appreciate your encouragement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by girlfio: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
@Ik.kao

Funkybaby has given you some amazing advise. The most important thing here is that you provide evidence that determines your relationship, his income and where you will live. The ECO will look to refuse your application based on immigration policy 320 (11), stating that your actions have frustrated immigration law. I suggest that you copy and paste this policy from the UKBA website as below and note that although you have frustrated immigration law by overstaying you have no aggravating circumstances that would allow them to apply this breech to your case (for the list of aggravating circumstances follow this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/rfl/rfl7/.

Focus on putting together a strong application with all necessary documents and put your faith in God that He will make ALL things possible. God did it for me, he'll do the same for you.

RFL7.1 When can I refuse under 320 (11)?

This is a discretionary refusal where an applicant has:
been an immigration offender or in breach of UK immigration or other law; and / or
received services or support to which they were not entitled;

and where there are aggravating circumstances.

It is not sufficient to have been in breach of immigration law or to be an immigration offender. There must be aggravating circumstances as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
True, I've read about that section 320(11) and I understand that although the ECO ought to apply it with discretion, it's easy for them to refuse me solely on this basis.

We are praying for the best and preparing for the worse (refusal @ first instance) and appeal thereafter.-

God help me!! I'm so scared about this part. (Appeal)

Thanks Girlfio- it makes it better to know that there is there is a silver lining somehow.

I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
I would update the progress of my application here as time goes on...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sorry to ask But if I'm refused under 320(11) aggravating circumstances what documents are we going to prepare for the appeal?

Ok, we have a lawyer, but what is she and my husband going to argue in my favour with in court?

Is it Copies of same documents I apply with at first instance?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
i submitted my application today with the following documents:

(1). Application Form
(2). Confirmation of Conference letter from the British Pharmacology society and receipt of payment for conference fees
(3). Hotel booking information
(4). Letter from my company stating they are responsible for my trip financially and also stating how the conference would benefit the company
(5) Employment letter with my salary offer of N3.2million annually
(6). Payslip for the past 6months
(7). A copy of my staff identity card
(cool. A company's bank statment showing a balance of N4.7million
(9). The tax paid slips to the FIRS of the company for the past 6 years of the company totaling to about N23million

The company runs different bank accounts and the one given to me for the application is the one with a little closing balance of N4.7 ,since they know all i need for the conference which includes my hotel accomodation,feeding,flight etc is not more than N1.5million but the ECO would see through the tax slips that the company has all it takes to sponsor me for the trip.

I hope i have a high probability of been approved the visa and remember i have no travelling history and am also single,but hope a good job like that pays me this much is enough as a proof of ties to this country
justwise:

funkybaby think those documents are necessary if the company is not one of those big pharmaceutical companies that turns out hundreds of millions yearly, their financial strength need to be determine so as to know if they can afford such foreign conference and still be in business, pay staff etc.

Well known companies will not need to present those documents but for unknown companies those documents are necessary.

My opinion though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by girlfio: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Ik.kao:
Sorry to ask But if I'm refused under 320(11) aggravating circumstances what documents are we going to prepare for the appeal?

Ok, we have a lawyer, but what is she and my husband going to argue in my favour with in court?

Is it Copies of same documents I apply with at first instance?

Thank you.

If they refuse your application under 320(11) listing aggravating circumstances then you'll need to do one of two things, either produce evidence that proves you did not do it or explain your reasons why the offense was committed. Don't worry too much about the appeal at this stage, focus on building a really good application, if you get refused then you'll know what your dealing with and can then respond appropriately. This process can be long and sometimes painful but it has purpose, the past is the past but remember you are now investing in your future. It will all work out in the end.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Amen and thank you Girlfio
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
girlfio:

If they refuse your application under 320(11) listing aggravating circumstances then you'll need to do one of two things, either produce evidence that proves you did not do it or explain your reasons why the offense was committed. Don't worry too much about the appeal at this stage, focus on building a really good application, if you get refused then you'll know what your dealing with and can then respond appropriately. This process can be long and sometimes painful but it has purpose, the past is the past but remember you are now investing in your future. It will all work out in the end.

Very well said. smiley

@ik.kao
Babe. Relax. Your concern right now should be getting the application right first time. Take your mind off appealing. It's a step at a time.

Besides, are you not supposed to be planning for your wedding ni cheesy no more talk of appeal. angry

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Delphy97: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2013
I applied for a uk tier 4 visa about two weeks ago and since I've been tracking it, it kept saying application forwarded to the British high commission. On Friday, I tracked it again but this time it said processed passport is in transit to the uk visa operation centre. Can I expect it on Monday and does this mean I'm going to get my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2013
True...

I'm multitasking

Thanks ladies smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hello everybody... my name is Ella from Nigeria.. my boyfriend he is trying to sponsor me to UK wit visit visa he from Greece but base in UK for more than 10years nw and I have got some doc like Cac register business name, police report fingerprint, my new international passport1.5million in my savings act, hotel reservation, flight ticket goin and comin back, wit inviation latter everything is on my name and the same address, and he is comin down to Nigeria to to the UK embassy wit me soon, so plz friends wit all this doc I have and wit him they will grant me the visa successful... am stress

Help oooh fun and Justwise,,, I have been here since yesterday no body gave me tips oooh
Abeg make help una sister in Christ oooh...... cheesy thanks to you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks friends
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
ella2136: Hello everybody... my name is Ella from Nigeria.. my boyfriend he is trying to sponsor me to UK wit visit visa he from Greece but base in UK for more than 10years nw and I have got some doc like Cac register business name, police report fingerprint, my new international passport1.5million in my savings act, hotel reservation, flight ticket goin and comin back, wit inviation latter everything is on my name and the same address, and he is comin down to Nigeria to to the UK embassy wit me soon, so plz friends wit all this doc I have and wit him they will grant me the visa successful... am stress

You don't need a police report neither do you need to show your flight tickets. You need to provide documents that establish your personal circumstances here in Nigeria. Documents showing your family status,social,economic and financial status
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
ella2136: Hello everybody... my name is Ella from Nigeria.. my boyfriend he is trying to sponsor me to UK wit visit visa he from Greece but base in UK for more than 10years nw and I have got some doc like Cac register business name, police report fingerprint, my new international passport1.5million in my savings act, hotel reservation, flight ticket goin and comin back, wit inviation latter everything is on my name and the same address, and he is comin down to Nigeria to to the UK embassy wit me soon, so plz friends wit all this doc I have and wit him they will grant me the visa successful... am stress
Your boyfriend's presence will have little or no positive effect on you application, your personal circumstances are the keys.
If you have a considerable job/occupation with reasonable salary/wages, if you've been in the job for over a year, if you can prove that you intend to leave the UK in due time, you would be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hmmm so do u guys meant wit all this doc I have am not good to go, cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
ella2136: Hmmm so do u guys meant wit all this doc I have am not good to go, cry
Neither Solomonwis nor I talked about documents in our previous posts...
By th he way, documents are not the only requirement that qualifies one for a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
No thanks, am sorry if I jump into ur post without reading, just stressed and I tot here is the best place 4 visa advice cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
ella2136: No thanks, am sorry if I jump into ur post without reading, just stressed and I tot here is the best place 4 visa advice cry
I'm not sure i understand what you're talking about?
Well, of course, here is a very good place to get live and free visa advice, but whether it is the best place for such advice is up to one's opinion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ohhk, thanks sha.... I rest my case oohh oga vice cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bobbieydeey: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello house,I'm just a unilag student who just wants to apply for Visiting visa,wld be going to the embassy soon
Pls what's the required amount that should be in my account tho my dad is sponsoring me tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sundyke107: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Greetings to all the gurus in the house.

Please I intend to apply for Uk visa by February 2014, this is to enable me run my accounts properly cos at the moment there are high activities in my personal savings account which i cannot account for. I will be using my salary account and personal savings account. Please if I print 5months statement for my savings account and 6months for my salary account does it matter?

Secondly, I own a bus which i gave out on a hire puchase with monthly delivery of 100,000 from the driver. Please can I use the vehicle particulars and copy of agreement reached with the driver as part of documents to support my application since the driver pays into my account on monthly basis. NOTE: The cash comes instalmentally atimes but must complete 100k at the end of every month (shown in my statement of account)

Justwise,Vicjustice,funkybaby and other advisers in the house, Kindly assit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.