Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,309 members, 7,907,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991795 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2013
business is an entirely different legal entity from its owner. U can only use business fund to conduct business related travel and not leisure.
kim k's girl:
I was refused a general vistor visa on stupid grounds, the ECO looked for a fault and decided to pour it on my finances like they usually do, saying they don't think the financial circumstances presented by me is true therefore I can't fund my holiday to the UK and also I can't take money from mu business account to fund a personal trip, I make my money so what's their problem, i've called my immigration lawyer and he is doing the review on my behalf. I hope the decision is overturned and I get the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2013
good188: i have a girlfriend in uk,she own a house because she is white,i want to visit her ,please i want to know all the process i need to go through now

early morning jokes cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babarotex(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2013
I was in the uk last year on family visit and i spent two weeks there as stated in my application but btw then and now i changed my job and do not have a salary account again but i have a saving account.
those are the two things that changed in my status pls i need to know if i can use a savings account statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pitykitten: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Good day,
Please I need information on third party collections.

Can I collect a friend collect his passport if I have a valid means of identification and his collection slip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pitykitten: Good day,
Please I need information on third party collections.

Can I collect a friend collect his passport if I have a valid means of identification and his collection slip?
You can collect it if they don't know that you're not the real owner, otherwise, it will be impossible to collect it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Vicjustice:
I don't think a letter will be enough without credible documentation to prove same

Hello All,

Thanks for your advice,I got my uk visa today. I reapplied for the UK visa on 16th Sept after the initial refusal on 24th July attaching a letter as a response to the refusal letter. I explained the lodgement of 120k made in my acct as a loan refund from a friend. My acct balance had increased from 600k in July to 1M in sept based on my July & Aug salary deposit.Thank God, am so happy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
congrats to all those that got their visas recently

please continue to chip in tips and advice for other visa applicants!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello ALL
Congrats to those dat have collected their visa.
For me I av applied for 7 weeks now.
Still under process.
The date for d conference don pass.

Uk visa south africa still tells me they are conducting local checks on my application.
ECO even said I can withdraw if I can't be patient.
Please I need your advise ooo

Dis Guy: congrats to all those that got their visas recently

please continue to chip in tips and advice for other visa applicants!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
hello all, i went for my passport today and i realised that the refusal was not mine, as it was addressed to someone else.
Is the mistake something that is common or is it delibrate?as i was told that i have to go to their embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Cyndas: hello all, i went for my passport today and i realised that the refusal was not mine, as it was addressed to someone else.
Is the mistake something that is common or is it delibrate?as i was told that i have to go to their embassy.
that is definately a mistake, but is ur passport stamped at the last page that u r refused? if yes then i belv they gave u the wrong refusal slip. get back to them for u to kn the reason(s) behind ur refusal for future purpose

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tofunmi2: Hello ALL
Still under process.

Uk visa south africa still tells me they are conducting local checks on my application.

Are you based in South Africa?
What the processing time like in South Africa?

I think you should ask for your passport back if you need it urgently considering your activity is way past
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
oloriesther:

Hello All,

Thanks for your advice,I got my uk visa today. I reapplied for the UK visa on 16th Sept after the initial refusal on 24th July attaching a letter as a response to the refusal letter. I explained the lodgement of 120k made in my acct as a loan refund from a friend. My acct balance had increased from 600k in July to 1M in sept based on my July & Aug salary deposit.Thank God, am so happy.
i'm happy for you too; really glad, did u do a review or reapplication?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 6:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Tofunmi2: Hello ALL
Still under process.

Dis Guy:

Are you based in South Africa?
What the processing time like in South Africa?

I think you should ask for your passport back if you need it urgently considering your activity is way past

Thanks for your suggestion.
I live and work here with the South African Government.
On the VFS/Uk visa website, processing times for visa is 15 working days for 90% applicants and 15 to 30 working days for 98% applicants.
Mine don pass these two categories.

Can I request for my passport and still tell them to carry on with the processing?
Will they still grant me after such a delay as other ghanians we apply together as collected theirs in 15 working days?
Thwn what are my future chances?

God bless u ALL.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 6:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Dis Guy
Thanks.
Can I ask for my passport while they continue with the visa process cos I av paid for it already.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by target007(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Tofunmi2: Dis Guy
Thanks.
Can I ask for my passport while they continue with the visa process cos I av paid for it already.

Cheers

Yes, you can ask for your passport but you will loose your application fee (nonrefundable) because as per UKBA policy once you've asked for your passport to be returned before any visa decision they will cancel your application process and there is no refund. So i will advice, unless whatever you need your passport for outweighs the opportunity cost, in this case, your visa application fee, you may as well just wait for a UKBA decision on your visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2013
target007:

Yes, you can ask for your passport but you will loose your application fee (nonrefundable) because as per UKBA policy once you've asked for your passport to be returned before any visa decision they will cancel your application process and there is no refund. So i will advice, unless whatever you need your passport for outweighs the opportunity cost, in this case, your visa application fee, you may as well just wait for a UKBA decision on your visa application.
They will not necessary cancel his application, the application can still go on, they'll contact him to bring back the passport if the application is sucessful.
There are actually some instances in which an application may be cancelled due to passport withdrawal: it all depends on circumstances and the sensibility of the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osasuma(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Please note It would be the current documents relating to the application.
Pointers are to ensure that your circumstances have not changed as well.
It happens that people would fill the form and state how much they earn whilst submitting additional letter stating a totally diferent figure, not minding the statement not tallying as well.
It is your present circumstances that dictates the documents that is submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Dear target 007 and Dis Guy,
Thanks

I can hold on up till 25/10/2013, which by then my application would av been 10 weeks.

After then I will ask for the passport regardless.
I just wonder why " local checks" or " being processed" can take a country like Uk this long.

Its unfair.

Tofunmi2
Vicjustice:
They will not necessary cancel his application, the application can still go on, they'll contact him to bring back the passport if the application is sucessful.
There are actually some instances in which an application may be cancelled due to passport withdrawal: it all depends on circumstances and the sensibility of the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
kim k's girl:
i'm happy for you too; really glad, did u do a review or reapplication?

Thanks kim k's girl, i did a reapplication.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
oloriesther:

Thanks kim k's girl, i did a reapplication.
i'm actually doing a review now and hopefully it comes out successful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tofunmi2: Dis Guy
Thanks.

Cheers

asking for your passport back means you are withdrawing your application. the passport is usually held on to for the entire time the application is ongoing.

the UK peeps are quite clear on that.

the only thing you can do is to contact them and explain why you need your passport back urgently and this might speeden up the processing time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by psquaret: 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
I am a police officer and I am currently still active in the service. I have a friend in Grenada who want me to come spend a holiday in her country and she sent me an invitation sign by the immigration and the immigration also sent me a letter that is fine by them that I should come to their country but the problem now is that I.will need a UK airside transit visa pls what re my chances of getting the UK transit visa. Grenada is a visa free for Nigerian nationals pls good people of nigeria help me out with good information thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
psquaret: I am a police officer and I am currently still active in the service. I have a friend in Grenada who want me to come spend a holiday in her country and she sent me an invitation sign by the immigration and the immigration also sent me a letter that is fine by them that I should come to their country but the problem now is that I.will need a UK airside transit visa pls what re my chances of getting the UK transit visa. Grenada is a visa free for Nigerian nationals pls good people of nigeria help me out with good information thank you
Well, applying for a UK transit visa using a visa-free country as final destination is an extremely difficult thing to do, it is even more difficult than applying for a regular UK visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi funky
Thanks
I av given some reasons like I couldn't do inside banking transactions and travel plans to home country since I'm in SA. All to no avail.
All they tell me is pls be patient, its being process,we are conducting local checks, or if u can't wait u can withdraw your application.

I tire
But God dey and His ways are not same with man's.

Cheers!

funkybaby:

asking for your passport back means you are withdrawing your application. the passport is usually held on to for the entire time the application is ongoing.

the UK peeps are quite clear on that.

the only thing you can do is to contact them and explain why you need your passport back urgently and this might speeden up the processing time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kclexa(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
1) Even if the school authority allows squatting, it can never be an acceptable accommodation to aid her visa application.
2) Hotel has no business with her visa application, so booking or paying for a hotel has nothing to do with her issuance or refusal of visa.
3) Flight ticket is not a requirement itinerary does not mean flight ticket: airlines do not require that a person shows evedence of fund

@Vicjustice; I don't think you got my advice right.
My advice was from experience because I attended a UK university and know what is required. Please read my post properly before concluding.

You are always adviced not to make any hotel of flight bookings before receiving your visa except instructed by the visa officer to do so. But you must show sufficient funds to cover all these necessities. The graduation letter from the university already shows he/she is not just visiting on holiday. Where you stay after arriving in the UK is totally left to you as long as you had satisfied the VO that you won't be a liability.

By the way staying with a female friend or sister is not a taboo, just that privacy is highly respected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mautonmentos(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi house,please what's the current fee for a five (5) year UK visit visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mauton_mentos: Hi house,please what's the current fee for a five (5) year UK visit visa application?
mistake pls 2 years is £278 while 5 years is 137,970
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Visa fees

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mautonmentos(m): 12:30am On Oct 09, 2013
kim k's girl:
Visa fees
Thanks alot,bless you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 6:19am On Oct 09, 2013
Tofunmi2: Hi funky
Thanks
I av given some reasons like I couldn't do inside banking transactions and travel plans to home country since I'm in SA. All to no avail.
All they tell me is pls be patient, its being process,we are conducting local checks, or if u can't wait u can withdraw your application.

I tire
But God dey and His ways are not same with man's.

Cheers!

Yeah, it must be really frustrating and annoying for you.

Just hope for the best although to be honest it doesn't look too good....... The conference you planned attending is over, it's taken them over 10 weeks to conduct local checks and yet your application is pending.

If you decide to withdraw your application, you will forfeit the visa processing fee you've paid. So just wait and keep praying smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2013
kclexa:

@Vicjustice; I don't think you got my advice right.
My advice was from experience because I attended a UK university and know what is required. Please read my post properly before concluding.

You are always adviced not to make any hotel of flight bookings before receiving your visa except instructed by the visa officer to do so. But you must show sufficient funds to cover all these necessities. The graduation letter from the university already shows he/she is not just visiting on holiday. Where you stay after arriving in the UK is totally left to you as long as you had satisfied the VO that you won't be a liability.

By the way staying with a female friend or sister is not a taboo, just that privacy is highly respected.
I'm sorry if i misunderstood you.
And you're right, it's not a taboo to squat with one's sister/brother in one room, but to apply for a visa with such accommodation arrangement will result in refusal

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.