Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,134 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (989145 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
lovesavvi: This is. Rerefusal letter, you have applied to visit your brother in the uk and u av submitted an invitation letter and supporting details from him,however, inorder to make a decision on ur application, I must primarily assess ur persional circumstances in nigeria and ur intentions in uk. U av nt shown any[b] close family ties to nigeria[/b]. I fully acknowledge that u av submitted clarification of ur financial circumstances and ur business position in nigeria, however dis alone are nt sufficient with regard to ur intentions in d uk. U are unmarried with no dependent children. I do not therefore consider dat u av demonstrated enough close persional and family ties and personal economic circumstances that necessitate your countinue presence in nigeria. This. Causes me to question your reasons for seeking entry into d uk nd ur intentions once there. Given d lack of adequate evidence of ur own circumstances in nigeria, on d balance of probabilities, am nt satisfied dat. U av shown genuinely seekin entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by u or dat u intend to leave uk at the end of ur proposed visit as required by paragraph 41 nd of HC 395. Dis is my situation, wat do u tink I can do? Justwise nd all d guru in d house am waiting for ur respond. Am really feel bad nao

The bolded part actually addressed the reason for the refusal. The family tie is of concern here and your financial and economic tie were also in question.

It will also be better if you list the documents you submitted along with the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello MODs, First i want to say thanks for your help the last time, i had a wonderful trip and now back in the country. I have a very tricky one this time but i know with your help and God's help i will pass through. Okay as you know my husband is a BC that lives and works here in Nigeria but goes back home often and i have a son from my previous relationship. Now i and my husband have decided to move back to the Uk and i know which visa category i fall under but i need some help, i am just worried about my Son and how to apply for him. I read that he needs his own application:

1. Does that mean he would have to take his own english language requirements tests? NOTE: He's 5yrs old
2. I plan to relocate in Jan but bring my son in June/July,so he can start the new school year in september, when should i make his own application?
3. Since i and hubby live here now, we plan on renting an apartment as our proof of accommodation before i submit my application, would that be a problem?
4. Apart from the english requirement test i need to take are there any other tests,i read somewhere about TB tests
5. Any advice on what supporting documents we need to provide as my hubby is based here and not in the UK.
6. I plan to school once i'm settled in, but do i apply as an International Student?

Thanks for your help, MUCHOS GRACIAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
omabroowniee: You have stated that you wish to visit your husband in the uk.I note that when you submitted ur application in Dec u made no mention of ur husband(then fiancee) residing in the uk.I have noted ur explanation wch i do not find plausible and this omision undermines ur application.You have stated u are employed with a monthly income of 90k,on your previous application u stated ur income was 120k,you have given no account of this discrepancy.
Apparently, the eco observed that you were desperately seeking admission into the UK and suspected you of dishonesty.
Though, spouse visa application is not in same category with visit/tourist visa application, but if you committed a fraud or violation in your tourist visa application, it would cast doubt in the credibility of your status. So, it would help if you can clear the discrepancies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

The bolded part actually addressed the reason for the refusal. The family tie is of concern here and your financial and economic tie were also in question.

It will also be better if you list the documents you submitted along with the application.
I submited my business registratn certificate, bank statement, tax clearance, invoice nd receipt, complementary card. Am self employed,my brother document are invitation letter, payslips, bank statement, resident permit, utility bill, email conversation btw us. Am single , not yet married. Where do I went wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
lovesavvi: I submited my business registratn certificate, bank statement, tax clearance, invoice nd receipt, complementary card. Am self employed,my brother document are invitation letter, payslips, bank statement, resident permit, utility bill, email conversation btw us. Am single , not yet married. Where do I went wrong?

The business registration certificate submitted, is it a private limited liability company or just a registered business/business venture? If it is a private limited liability, did the other partners/shareholders consent to your travelling? Did you include other business docs apart from certificate of Incorporation like forms CO2 and CO7?

Another angle to it is to look at your bank statement, which bank statement did you submit( Personal, Business or both),how much your account balance is and how much you intend spending for the trip. Aside the business registration certificate, bank statement, tax clearance and other business documents, you seem not to have included anything else about your family hence the decision of the ECO. Even if unmarried, as a business entrepreneur you should have dependents(such as your parents for instance) and this appear not to have been stated.

Those are the areas given weight to by the ECO which seem to be against you, you need to address those concern and then you can reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
@Moderator, fair enough, I perceive that a word in that comment may be considered inappropriate or offensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2013
thanks for understanding Vic wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks @Vicjustice,however it wasnt a case of desperation or fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyero1: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ous I nid info on hw 2 obtain uk visitn visa,I'll also like 2 knw wht my budget sud look like.I'll be very gr8ful 4 ur responses tnx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hello MODs, First i want to say thanks for your help the last time, i had a wonderful trip and now back in the country. I have a very tricky one this time but i know with your help and God's help i will pass through. Okay as you know my husband is a BC that lives and works here in Nigeria but goes back home often and i have a son from my previous relationship. Now i and my husband have decided to move back to the Uk and i know which visa category i fall under but i need some help, i am just worried about my Son and how to apply for him. I read that he needs his own application:

1. Does that mean he would have to take his own english language requirements tests? NOTE: He's 5yrs old
2. I plan to relocate in Jan but bring my son in June/July,so he can start the new school year in september, when should i make his own application?
3. Since i and hubby live here now, we plan on renting an apartment as our proof of accommodation before i submit my application, would that be a problem?
4. Apart from the english requirement test i need to take are there any other tests,i read somewhere about TB tests
5. Any advice on what supporting documents we need to provide as my hubby is based here and not in the UK.
6. I plan to school once i'm settled in, but do i apply as an International Student?

Thanks for your help, MUCHOS GRACIAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
solomonwis:

The business registration certificate submitted, is it a private limited liability company or just a registered business/business venture? If it is a private limited liability, did the other partners/shareholders consent to your travelling? Did you include other business docs apart from certificate of Incorporation like forms CO2 and CO7?

Another angle to it is to look at your bank statement, which bank statement did you submit( Personal, Business or both),how much your account balance is and how much you intend spending for the trip. Aside the business registration certificate, bank statement, tax clearance and other business documents, you seem not to have included anything else about your family hence the decision of the ECO. Even if unmarried, as a business entrepreneur you should have dependents(such as your parents for instance) and this appear not to have been stated.

Those are the areas given weight to by the ECO which seem to be against you, you need to address those concern and then you can reapply.
I my business certificate is enterprise nd my bank statement is savings only nd balance in my account is 639k nd. My budget for the trip is 250k approximately 1k pounds since my. Brother is going to provide me accomodation nd feeding for the 3wks. Nd I included my ages parent in my application, so how can I abandorn my. Busineess and my ages parent in nigeria and stay illegally in uk. What do u tink I can do re apply or review? Because I see dis as injustce, I may. Even remain single if I wish is nt dia concern if I dnt marry or av dependent children becos dat is d first point dat eco bring out nd even acknowledge dat I av business dat am runnin in naija , so am tinkin of appeal or review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
lovesavvi: I my business certificate is enterprise nd my bank statement is savings only nd balance in my account is 639k nd. My budget for the trip is 250k approximately 1k pounds since my. Brother is going to provide me accomodation nd feeding for the 3wks. Nd I included my ages parent in my application, so how can I abandorn my. Busineess and my ages parent in nigeria and stay illegally in uk. What do u tink I can do re apply or review? Because I see dis as injustce, I may. Even remain single if I wish is nt dia concern if I dnt marry or av dependent children becos dat is d first point dat eco bring out nd even acknowledge dat I av business dat am runnin in naija , so am tinkin of appeal or review

Well, by my estimation the 250k made available for the trip is way too small. By including your aged parents, I don't mean their bio data,I mean are you in any way responsible for their upkeep and did you state how much that comes to monthly in the application form?

You can not appeal the decision as you are not entitled to an appeal. Asking for a review will be a complete waste of time. You can only re-apply.

Make sure in reapplying, you state how much you give your dependents (Your parents in this case) monthly. The return ticket alone should cost you nothing less than 300k which is half of what you have in your Bank account-This will be seen to impact negatively on the continuity of your business (which could be a reason not to come back into the country), so you need to work on your finances as it is too meager an incentive to want to return into the country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Well, by my estimation the 250k made available for the trip is way too small. By including your aged parents, I don't mean their bio data,I mean are you in any way responsible for their upkeep and did you state how much that comes to monthly in the application form?

You can not appeal the decision as you are not entitled to an appeal. Asking for a review will be a complete waste of time. You can only re-apply.

Make sure in reapplying, you state how much you give your dependents (Your parents in this case) monthly. The return ticket alone should cost you nothing less than 300k which is half of what you have in your Bank account-This will be seen to impact negatively on the continuity of your business (which could be a reason not to come back into the country), so you need to work on your finances as it is too meager an incentive to want to return into the country.
ok sir tanks so much I will do as u say bt. I tot d return ticket to d uk is nt more dan 160k

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
lovesavvi: ok sir tanks so much I will do as u say bt. I tot d return ticket to d uk is nt more dan 160k

Return ticket is in the range of 160k to 185k depending on airline and time of travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
solomonwis:

Return ticket 300k?? lipsrsealed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
To everyone who think a 300k return ticket is impossible, you should factor in the fact that Heathrow/Gatwick are supposed to be the connecting airport... The final destination of the applicants matter.

Now in the eye of the ECO, their estimation will always factor in exigencies and externalities hence they apply the principle of prudence in arriving at expenses for the trip. For Instance, a flight from Lagos to Newcastle will range between N226k (on British Airways) to N367k (on Etihad) and even a little above N1million (on Delta). This is for a return flight between October 15 2013 to October 31st 2013.

You would rather include contingency/miscellaneous in your estimation (as a ECO would) than bring up estimates that are absolutely unrealistic.

I would rather make a Budget of 300k for a return flight ticket to make up for any allowance/inflationary tendencies than assume everything will remain constant. Besides and beyond flight tickets, there will be expenses to be incurred and so, for any discerning mind bringing up an estimate of 250k (when the account balance is N600k) is totally absurd especially when your business venture depends solely on you.

We need to factor in several factors just as an ECO would to safely conclude one has covered his/her track to secure an entry clearance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Delphy97: 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
I submitted a bank statement for my tier 4(student visa) which contained some money for a stated period of time but we have now removed the money.Is there a way the ukba could find out that the money is gone after the period I stated it was there.is it possible for the bank to reveal this information to them?and if they find out the money has been taken out after the stated period that it was there for,could I be refused a student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
Delphy97: I submitted a bank statement for my tier 4(student visa) which contained some money for a stated period of time but we have now removed the money.Is there a way the ukba could find out that the money is gone after the period I stated it was there.is it possible for the bank to reveal this information to them?and if they find out the money has been taken out after the stated period that it was there for,could I be refused a student visa?
It is VERY likely that they will contact your bank. Then the truth will come out. They have ways of getting the information from banks.
You WILL be refused visa if the funds are not avaliable.
Just hope that they do not see it as deliberate fraud and give you 10 year ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
Delphy97: I submitted a bank statement for my tier 4(student visa) which contained some money for a stated period of time but we have now removed the money.Is there a way the ukba could find out that the money is gone after the period I stated it was there.is it possible for the bank to reveal this information to them?and if they find out the money has been taken out after the stated period that it was there for,could I be refused a student visa?
Apart from the withdrawal of the fund, i doubt that the bank account has up to six months transaction records that meet the requirement: the embassy will most likely investigate and detect the withdrawal.
Yes, under the data protection acts, a bank may not disclose your privacy to anyone or any company, but a government authority (including an embassy) is exempted from this regulation.
Your action qualifies a fraud, you could get the 10 years ban for using deception.
Note: By entering your signature on the terms and conditions of the application form, you have given your consent to the embassy to do background check on you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizztee(f): 1:34am On Sep 26, 2013
Hello all,

I want to sponsor my brother so he can come visit me. I live and work in the UK, and will be acting as the full sponsor. My concern is he's just about to finish nysc and so can't get an employment letter etc. How do we demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria? He was previously issued a visa to attend my graduation but the passport came out late and he never used the visa. I want to be as meticulous as possible and don't want him to be refused. I'd like him to spend Christmas with me.

I maintain an account in Nigeria with a substantial amount of money in it and I have a somewhat healthy balance in my uk account too. I am just concerned about our ability to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria. All suggestions welcome :-)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Hello Justwise or londoncool or anyone that could help,
My wife will be travelling to the UK for her PhD in some days.......She is currently on PTDF scholarship that will take up to 4 years ......so am planning to apply for a tier 4 dependant visa soon.....We have been asked to keep some amount of money in her foreign account for a period of 28days ........Presently am not working as i resigned from bank some months ago....PTDF is willing to give me a covering letter introducing me as the husband of the said scholar and also offered to be responsible for my plane ticket....Its also pertinent to state that before now PTDF covers the living expenses of both the husband and the wife but for cost-cutting reasons they have decided to remove the clause for PhD scholars.
Please what are my chances ??
what approach do you think i should make to avoid being denied ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2013
drillskillz: Hello Justwise or londoncool or anyone that could help,
My wife will be travelling to the UK for her PhD in some days.......She is currently on PTDF scholarship that will take up to 4 years ......so am planning to apply for a tier 4 dependant visa soon.....We have been asked to keep some amount of money in her foreign account for a period of 28days ........Presently am not working as i resigned from bank some months ago....PTDF is willing to give me a covering letter introducing me as the husband of the said scholar and also offered to be responsible for my plane ticket....Its also pertinent to state that before now PTDF covers the living expenses of both the husband and the wife but for cost-cutting reasons they have decided to remove the clause for PhD scholars.
Please what are my chances ??
what approach do you think i should make to avoid being denied ?
Thanks

You need more than plane ticket, i'm busy now to go into details but you can read the section for dependant here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

If you still have questions after than then ask i will be free tomorrow to answer in details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2013
mizztee: Hello all,

I want to sponsor my brother so he can come visit me. I live and work in the UK, and will be acting as the full sponsor. My concern is he's just about to finish nysc and so can't get an employment letter etc. How do we demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria? He was previously issued a visa to attend my graduation but the passport came out late and he never used the visa. I want to be as meticulous as possible and don't want him to be refused. I'd like him to spend Christmas with me.

I maintain an account in Nigeria with a substantial amount of money in it and I have a somewhat healthy balance in my uk account too. I am just concerned about our ability to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria. All suggestions welcome :-)

When he was given a visa for your graduation how did he demonstrate his tie to Nigeria then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Sep 26, 2013
Proudlygemini: Hello MODs, First i want to say thanks for your help the last time, i had a wonderful trip and now back in the country. I have a very tricky one this time but i know with your help and God's help i will pass through. Okay as you know my husband is a BC that lives and works here in Nigeria but goes back home often and i have a son from my previous relationship. Now i and my husband have decided to move back to the Uk and i know which visa category i fall under but i need some help, i am just worried about my Son and how to apply for him. I read that he needs his own application:

-Thanks for your help, MUCHOS GRACIAS

-He does not need any English language test.

-Relocating before applying for him is the right decision because you need to prove that you have an accommodation suitable for family for a child at his age.

-No TB test is needed, if one is needed it will be carried out at the POE.

-You need to prove that he is actually your son (birth certificate etc)

- With permanent resident paper or British passport you will pay as home student.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2013

That is misleading and will lead to refusal if the embassy get to know that, and again, how will you survive in the UK without that money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizztee(f): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2013
justwise:

When he was given a visa for your graduation how did he demonstrate his tie to Nigeria then?

Thank you for responding. He was a student at the time and under 18, so he was a dependent on my mum.

He graduated last year and is now 21.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2013
mizztee:

Thank you for responding. He was a student at the time and under 18, so he was a dependent on my mum.

As an adult without a job or obligations, it will be difficult to show home tie, the visa officer would doubt his intentions since he apparently has nothing to return to Nigeria for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2013
mizztee:

That was exactly why i asked that question.

He will now face a tough task to prove tie to Nigeria because he got no job, no business, not married and as an educated adult he can't use his parents as tie to Nigeria anymore
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizztee(f): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2013
Na wa o! So there's no hope at all? He's not absconding, I just want some family at Christmas.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tats(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2013
mizztee: Na wa o! So there's no hope at all? He's not absconding, I just want some family at Christmas.....

If the application proceeds, perhaps it may be necessary to briefly state why he did not use his last visa.

Basically, if I were the one, I would write something in this line.....the passport was received too late for him to attend the graduation and he didn't want to travel on that visa for any other purpose than it was intended for (especially if they annotated on the visa that he was attending a graduation).

If NYSC was not ending before he proceeds for the next trip, it would have been less of a worry as he would have provided his NYSC deployment letter (if given) and a letter from his place of assignment indicating that he works there on an NYSC basis and would finish his assignment at a certain date. Otherwise, It is looking difficult now as proving that he will return would be a challenge.

It is understandable that you want to have family with you at Christmas but if it doesn't feel right to apply now, it may be better to leave it until when the chances are higher (when he at least gets a good job). It may work out in his favour now if he applies and he gets the visa or he may risk it and be refused which would jeopardise his chances of getting a visa for a while. Note that some other embassies ask if you have ever been refused a visa by any other country, so a refusal now may potentially also affect getting visas for certain countries in future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2013
Tats:

If the application proceeds, perhaps it may be necessary to briefly state why he did not use his last visa.

Basically, if I were the one, I would write something in this line.....the passport was received too late for him to attend the graduation and he didn't want to travel on that visa for any other purpose than it was intended for (especially if they annotated on the visa that he was attending a graduation).

If NYSC was not ending before he proceeds for the next trip, it would have been less of a worry as he would have provided his NYSC deployment letter (if given) and a letter from his place of assignment indicating that he works there on an NYSC basis and would finish his assignment at a certain date. Otherwise, It is looking difficult now as proving that he will return would be a challenge.

It is understandable that you want to have family with you at Christmas but if it doesn't feel right to apply now, it may be better to leave it until when the chances are higher (when he at least gets a good job). It may work out in his favour now if he applies and he gets the visa or he may risk it and be refused which would jeopardise his chances of getting a visa for a while. Note that some other embassies ask if you have ever been refused a visa by any other country, so a refusal now may potentially also affect getting visas for certain countries in future.

I doubt that will work as they are not allowed to take foreign trip during that period

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.