Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,066 members, 7,942,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995091 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
zhara71: For tier 4 student visa, if you are to submit your birth certificate and it shows your family name on it, parents name correctly(Hassan Mamman and Hadiza Hassan Mamman) and my name as Mamman "Aliram" Zara.Family name(I.e Mamman)and along with my application also submitted my parents international passport data pages which also shows family name"mamman"!but in my international passport shows "Mamman Zara Hassan"is it going To be a problem?I will be waiting to hear from you.thanks.

I think you'll be fine and if you're not too confident with it , you can go to the local courts to get a certificate with the name you like to be known as

what names are on your school documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zhara71: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mamman Zara Hassan.the same name on my school documents and also International passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hey guys i wanted to find out if it is possible for someone to use an account previously used by another person as an evidence for money available (28 day ish) after that person has used it.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tats(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i wanted to find out if it is possible for someone to use an account previously used by another person as an evidence for money available (28 day ish) after that person has used it.thanks

It isn't advisable.

It means the same sponsor with that account is sponsoring someone else again after a short period. If I'm not mistaken, there should be a place in the form where they ask if that person has sponsored someone else within a certain period. Would you answer yes to that question and indicate when?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i wanted to find out if it is possible for someone to use an account previously used by another person as an evidence for money available (28 day ish) after that person has used it.thanks
If the person that previously used the account is your brother and the sponsor is your parent: and ultimately, if there is evidence of financial capability, why not?
But if otherwise, I don't see how you can pull it through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Vicjustice:
O yeah, even your brother-in-law can sponsor you with his own life savings to travel to travel to the UK for your own vacation?

Is it strange that a brother inlaw can sponsor his relative by law? Just because it won't work for some people, as would many other comparable circumstances, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Anyone can sponsor anyone, especially a relative, and better when relationship with the sponsor and reason for sponsorship can be reasonably established.

reasons could be offered choice especially when the sponsor is financially capable, and is willing to sponsor. The onus on the applicant is usually to prove return by showing circumstantial ties and consistency.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
riteaide:

Is it strange that a brother inlaw can sponsor his relative by law? Just because it won't work for some people, as would many other comparable circumstances, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Anyone can sponsor anyone, especially a relative, and better when relationship with the sponsor and reason for sponsorship can be reasonably established.
I disagree with you on that "anyone can sponsor anyone" because, i know that there are very scanty circumstances in which it may be considerable for an adult tourist to be sponsored by another adult.

riteaide: reasons could be offered choice especially when the sponsor is financially capable, and is willing to sponsor. The onus on the applicant is usually to prove return by showing circumstantial ties and consistency.
If a person is able to "prove (the tendency to) return by showing circumstantial ties and consistency" then why would he need a sponsor? I'm asking because, it is easier to raise fund for self-sponsorship than to prove home tie-something to return home for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello @justwise. I wanna reapply but I noticed a letter written by my aunty out of the document she sent to me has been removed. I guessed it was removed by the e.c.o. What shuld I do? I hope I don't need it anylonger. Thanks. Waiting to hear from u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zhara71: 1:04am On Sep 13, 2013
Dis Guy:

I think you'll be fine and if you're not too confident with it , you can go to the local courts to get a certificate with the name you like to be known as

what names are on your school documents?
Mamman Zara Hassan.the same name on my school documents and also International passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 3:15am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello. I wanna reapply but I noticed a letter written by my aunty out of the document she sent to me has been removed. I guessed it was removed by the e.c.o. What shuld I do? I hope I don't need it anylonger. Thanks. Waiting to hear from u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:48am On Sep 13, 2013
dalobaba: Hello. I wanna reapply but I noticed a letter written by my aunty out of the document she sent to me has been removed. I guessed it was removed by the e.c.o. What shuld I do? I hope I don't need it anylonger. Thanks. Waiting to hear from u
Such letter will not be returned to you since it was addressed to the embassy or/and produced for the purpose of the visa application: you may need another letter for another application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
I disagree with you on that "anyone can sponsor anyone" because, i know that there are very scanty circumstances in which it may be considerable for an adult tourist to be sponsored by another adult.

If a person is able to "prove (the tendency to) return by showing circumstantial ties and consistency" then why would he need a sponsor? I'm asking because, it is easier to raise fund for self-sponsorship than to prove home tie-something to return home for

Ok. I am not dragging positions with you. I have just seen it happen. And since you are mr know-it-all, I rest my case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
riteaide:

Ok. I am not dragging positions with you. I have just seen it happen. And since you are mr know-it-all, I rest my case

Lazy comment people make when they failed to come up with valuable argument. Why not counter his points rather than calling him names?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijarazzi: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hey guys, I was denied visiting visa like 4 weeks ago. So I decided to get a lawyer to help me send administrative review to the embassy. And I got this message below frm d law firm claiming it was from embassy. Could d embassy have sent that kind of reply. I need to hear from u guys

Solicitors Letter
Template 1.docx
Harvard Chambers
Dear Sir/Madam,
*Re: Visa Application of Jimmy Enitan Sonde*
Thank you for your letter dated 30 th
August 2013, which has been passed to me for reply.
I have reviewed your client’s application in light of your correspondence.
However I am satisfied that the decision made on the evidence provided remains correct
and in accordance with the Immigration Rules.
Your client is welcome to submit a fresh application
any time at any of our visa application centres. If they decide to re-apply, an attempt should
be made to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. I cannot however guarantee the outcome of any future application. In the event that an application is not successful please note
that the visa fee is non-refundable.

Yours faithfully,
SEB
Visa Correspondence Unit
British High Commission
Abuja
Visa Services
British High Commission
Visa Section
No. 19, Torrens Close,
Maitama,
PMB 4808 (Garki),
Abuja
*Tel*
+234 (9) 462 2200
*Fax *+234 (9) 462 3278
*E-mail * Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
*Web *www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

Lazy comment people make when they failed to come up with valuable argument. Why not counter his points rather than calling him names?

Like I stated earlier on, I have seen it happen personally ie an adult sponsoring an adult. But just like other viable options, it might not work all the time given the uncertainties of the ECO's. no lazy comment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
riteaide:

Like I stated earlier on, I have seen it happen personally ie an adult sponsoring an adult. But just like other viable options, it might not work all the time given the uncertainties of the ECO's. no lazy comment

@ riteaide

I think if an adult want to sponsor an adult. He should have at least 7million naira in the sponsor account that can be justify when ECO is reviewing the application .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
riteaide:

An adult can sponsor another adult for medical treatment but not for leisure trip to the UK, if you can't afford foreign holiday comfortably then don't bother going to BHC hoping that they accept the story that another adult is sponsoring you for holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

An adult can sponsor another adult for medical treatment but not for leisure trip to the UK, if you can't afford foreign holiday comfortably then don't bother going to BHC hoping that they accept the story that another adult is sponsoring you for holiday.

Depending on who is looking at it, and reasonable facts, an adult can have a sponsor. Having said that, that adult must of course give good reason for not being able to sponsor themselves/or why the sponsor has offered to. No flimsy stories will do. If there is a genuine reason and a sensible one at that, apart from medical reasons, it is definitely doable.

This is not to mislead people, I would totally recommend having the financial ability to sponsor one's own travel without having need for a sponsor, but if there is a reason they can't, they can have a sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
riteaide:

Depending on who is looking at it, and reasonable facts, an adult can have a sponsor. Having said that, that adult must of course give good reason for not being able to sponsor themselves/or why the sponsor has offered to. No flimsy stories will do. If there is a genuine reason and a sensible one at that, apart from medical reasons, it is definitely doable.

This is not to mislead people, I would totally recommend having the financial ability to sponsor one's own travel without having need for a sponsor, but if there is a reason they can't, they can have a sponsor.

Give me one single reason why an adult will be able to sponsor another adult for holiday to the UK, just one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

Give me one single reason why an adult will be able to sponsor another adult for holiday to the UK, just one.

There are many, and it would depend on the person's circumstances. I invited my adult brother to the UK last year before I left and all we hammered on was because we were close and I had insisted an sponsoring his visit because I wanted him to visit,especially since his job didn't pay well at the time. This was allowed. We just showed how close we and reasons he would return back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sogbada: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello house,

VicJustice and co,

This is just to inform you all that I have been given the UK visa. My advice to anyone who is about applying is to just include every possible document that would aid your application. You would be amazed which vital detail on a seemlingly irrelevant document would aid you in getting the visa. take care all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
sogbada: Hello house,

VicJustice and co,

This is just to inform you all that I have been given the UK visa. My advice to anyone who is about applying is to just include every possible document that would aid your application. You would be amazed which vital detail on a seemlingly irrelevant document would aid you in getting the visa. take care all
Good advice BUT also make sure that your documents are truthfull and not fake.
Too many people try to improve their chance by lying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

Exactly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
riteaide:

There are many, and it would depend on the person's circumstances. I invited my adult brother to the UK last year before I left and all we hammered on was because we were close and I had insisted an sponsoring his visit because I wanted him to visit,especially since his job didn't pay well at the time. This was allowed. We just showed how close we and reasons he would return back.
If your story is true, it wouldn't have taken you so long to present it, but for the fact that you had made series of replies before giving your story to make a point, I'm of the opinion that you're just making it up to back up your claim: I find no credibility in your afterthought story
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
[quote author=]Hey guys, I was denied visiting visa like 4 weeks ago. So I decided to get a lawyer to help me send administrative review to the embassy. And I got this message below frm d law firm claiming it was from embassy. Could d embassy have sent that kind of reply. I need to hear from u guys

Solicitors Letter
Template 1.docx
Harvard Chambers
Dear Sir/Madam,
*Re: Visa Application of Jimmy Enitan Sonde*
Thank you for your letter dated 30 th
August 2013, which has been passed to me for reply.
I have reviewed your client’s application in light of your correspondence.
However I am satisfied that the decision made on the evidence provided remains correct
and in accordance with the Immigration Rules.
Your client is welcome to submit a fresh application
any time at any of our visa application centres. If they decide to re-apply, an attempt should
be made to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. I cannot however guarantee the outcome of any future application. In the event that an application is not successful please note
that the visa fee is non-refundable.

Yours faithfully,
SEB
Visa Correspondence Unit
British High Commission
Abuja
Visa Services
British High Commission
Visa Section
No. 19, Torrens Close,
Maitama,
PMB 4808 (Garki),
Abuja
*Tel*
+234 (9) 462 2200
*Fax *+234 (9) 462 3278
*E-mail * Abuja.Visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
*Web *www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk[/quote]
What makes you doubt that the email is from the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijarazzi: 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
What makes you doubt that the email is from the embassy?

I wonder if d CO can tel me to reapply. Does dis mean d review wasn't succesful. Coz d CO in d letter claimed he's satisfied wit d review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
If your story is true, it wouldn't have taken you so long to present it, but for the fact that you had made series of replies before giving your story to make a point, I'm of the opinion that you're just making it up to back up your claim: I find no credibility in your afterthought story

Oversabi. Did you not see the part where I said from personal experience in my beginning posts? Like you really have to validate what I say or do not say. You are so full of yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:27am On Sep 14, 2013
riteaide:

Oversabi. Did you not see the part where I said from personal experience in my beginning posts? Like you really have to validate what I say or do not say. You are so full of yourself.
You don't even know me, you're only reading my post in a free-for-all forum and you're already judging my personality?
Well, would it be wrong for one to consider you a very irresponsible someone from the way that you argue aggressively and call people names because they see things different from you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 12:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Vicjustice:
You don't even know me, you're only reading my post in a free-for-all forum and you're already judging my personality?
Well, would it be wrong for one to consider you a very irresponsible someone from the way that you argue aggressively and call people names because they see things different from you?

I know your kind. Now you say I argued because I saw things differently. We're you not the one who began to argue aggressively because I saw things differently? You want your word to be last. Not like anyone must follow what I said, I only posted from experience, else I would have no business there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2013
But enough of this already. Give answers to people who have asked you questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ebony9ja(m): 5:35am On Sep 14, 2013
I need to recall my passport urgently!!

I submitted a general visitor application (family) to the UK via VFS office at lekki on Thursday(Sept 12) My application was for a long term renewal while the rest of the family were for shorter terms. We all have valid US visas . However, I received a call on Thursday evening (same day) informing me of an official trip in Houston on September 21. Please note that I did not pay the extra 25k to fast-track my application as I did not have a prior knowledge of the Houston trip. I was at VFS on Friday and was told the applications have been sent to Sheffield -UK for processing. I couldn't pay the extra money for fast track as this is not allowed for document-in -process.
I need my passport back latest next Friday(5 days ) .i will be grateful if any of the expert can shed light on the following: Do I write to the embassy explaining my predicament ? What is the process of passport recall? Am I going to pay the visa fee again when I eventually return the passport after my trip? Is it possible to send an appeal letter to expedite action in my application within a week? I have 5 days left effective next week Monday.this is my situation. Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
[size=18pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]pls how do I get a new application form as I heard that it has changed, and what is the mode of apply here in Nigeria do I need to go to vfs at ikeja as I hav all my docs in place

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.