Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,102 members, 7,883,862 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (989137 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
kaykad: [size=18pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]pls how do I get a new application form as I heard that it has changed, and what is the mode of apply here in Nigeria do I need to go to vfs at ikeja as I hav all my docs in place
Go to: www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ebony9ja(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
ebony9ja: I need to recall my passport urgently!!

I submitted a general visitor application (family) to the UK via VFS office at lekki on Thursday(Sept 12) My application was for a long term renewal while the rest of the family were for shorter terms. We all have valid US visas . However, I received a call on Thursday evening (same day) informing me of an official trip in Houston on September 21. Please note that I did not pay the extra 25k to fast-track my application as I did not have a prior knowledge of the Houston trip. I was at VFS on Friday and was told the applications have been sent to Sheffield -UK for processing. I couldn't pay the extra money for fast track as this is not allowed for document-in -process.
I need my passport back latest next Friday(5 days ) .i will be grateful if any of the expert can shed light on the following: Do I write to the embassy explaining my predicament ? What is the process of passport recall? Am I going to pay the visa fee again when I eventually return the passport after my trip? Is it possible to send an appeal letter to expedite action in my application within a week? I have 5 days left effective next week Monday.this is my situation. Please help.

@vicjustice, other experts. Any suggestion of a way out of my predicament
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by target007(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi Guys I just wanna share this web page with you all...This shows what a mountain of brick-wall the families of immigrants especially that of non-Europeans are facing in the hand of the UK government:

The families separated by the government
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DRR0: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
[deleted]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
ebony9ja: I need to recall my passport urgently!!

I submitted a general visitor application (family) to the UK via VFS office at lekki on Thursday(Sept 12) My application was for a long term renewal while the rest of the family were for shorter terms. We all have valid US visas . However, I received a call on Thursday evening (same day) informing me of an official trip in Houston on September 21. Please note that I did not pay the extra 25k to fast-track my application as I did not have a prior knowledge of the Houston trip. I was at VFS on Friday and was told the applications have been sent to Sheffield -UK for processing. I couldn't pay the extra money for fast track as this is not allowed for document-in -process.
I need my passport back latest next Friday(5 days ) .i will be grateful if any of the expert can shed light on the following: Do I write to the embassy explaining my predicament ? What is the process of passport recall? Am I going to pay the visa fee again when I eventually return the passport after my trip? Is it possible to send an appeal letter to expedite action in my application within a week? I have 5 days left effective next week Monday.this is my situation. Please help.
You can withdraw your application by sending a request letter or an email to have it withdrawn.
But don't expect the embassy to work in haste to meet your schedule because, withdrawing your application does not mean that your documents would be returned in a hurry, it just means that you change your intentions. Therefore, it may take up to 2 weeks to have your passport and other documents returned to you as every document that you submitted will still have to pass through their verification process and be photocopied before returning it.
If I were you, I'd apply for a new passport and condemn the former
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ebony9ja(m): 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Vicjustice:
You can withdraw your application by sending a request letter or an email to have it withdrawn.
But don't expect the embassy to work in haste to meet your schedule because, withdrawing your application does not mean that your documents would be returned in a hurry, it just means that you change your intentions. Therefore, it may take up to 2 weeks to have your passport and other documents returned to you as every document that you submitted will still have to pass through their verification process and be photocopied before returning it.
If I were you, I'd apply for a new passport and condemn the former

@ vicjustice,

Thanks for the suggestion. I must say I don't really understand why I need to condemn my passport just to make an official trip. I am not a first time traveller. i have been to UK & US several times hence my application for a long term UK visa. I repeat that I have a valid US visa on the passport. I have sent a mail to the embassy to fast-tracked my application. Having thought about it all morning, I make sure not to suggest passport recall in my letter because I wouldn't know the effect of such action on my UK family application ( family application of 4- I am the sponsor) . Again, I spent a lot of money on this trip as I am not based in Lagos. I will avoid anything to pay these fees twice . worse case scenario- I wont make the trip. The whole thing is just a 'funny' coincidence. I am not condemning my passport for sure. Thanks again. will report back on status.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
ebony9ja:

@ vicjustice,

Thanks for the suggestion. I must say I don't really understand why I need to condemn my passport just to make an official trip. I am not a first time traveller. i have been to UK & US several times hence my application for a long term UK visa. I repeat that I have a valid US visa on the passport. I have sent a mail to the embassy to fast-tracked my application. Having thought about it all morning, I make sure not to suggest passport recall in my letter because I wouldn't know the effect of such action on my UK family application ( family application of 4- I am the sponsor) . Again, I spent a lot of money on this trip as I am not based in Lagos. I will avoid anything to pay these fees twice . worse case scenario- I wont make the trip. The whole thing is just a 'funny' coincidence. I am not condemning my passport for sure. Thanks again. will report back on status.
I didn't remember that the passport has an American visa and contains your travel history.
Well, some countries allow their citizens to hold two valid passports at one time, perhaps you can check with the Nigerian immigration to see if it is allowed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damori4u: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello justwise,
i was directed to this trend by a friend and having read through some of the answers and comments I can say i am impressed.
I hope I will get good guidance to my questions as well.
My husband left for study in the u.k early this month and i will like to join him as soon as he settles down. The consensus before he left was after a month or two. I have a 1 year old son. I want to apply for a tier 4 dependent visa
Please I will like to know
1. If waiting a month or two will be okay
2.what documents we need to prepare ahead for submission.
Please I will be looking forward to your candid advice.
Thanks
Note: I still has the money for financial requirement for all of us in his account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
damori4u: Hello justwise,
i was directed to this trend by a friend and having read through some of the answers and comments I can say i am impressed.
My husband left for study in the u.k early this month and i will like to join him as soon as he settles down. The consensus before he left was after a month or two. I have a 1 year old son. I want to apply for a tier 4 dependent visa
Thanks
Note: I still has the money for financial requirement for all of us in his account.
Not so much to do with the time, it's more to do with meeting the requirements, and I doubt that your husband qualifies to bring his family to the UK at this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damori4u: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
Not so much to do with the time, it's more to do with meeting the requirements, and I doubt that your husband qualifies to bring his family to the UK at this time

How do you mean. Please explain your points and the necessary steps required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by weezyana07(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
@justwise, VicJustice and others that contributed- thanks plenty I was on this forum time back, I posted and got responds from this page- am happy to say that I got my visa to uk for my msc in wales will be leaving this week. I am really greatful, keep the forum going. @justwise&VicJustice do I have to show any medicals at the uk airport? Am using london, other than my passport and cridentials

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damori4u: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
PLEASE i STILL NEED ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS O

Hello justwise,
Thanks
Note: I still has the money for financial requirement for all of us in his account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ damori4ur , i think wat vicjustice is trying to say is that since your husband went for the purpose of studying in d uk, it might take a while for him to be able to gather resources for his family accomodation and maintenance i.e he needs to meet d requirement which the eco will believe that it should not be too soon. asumming he is working, that will serve as a good scoring point
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
dear members, just went to submit my uk visa application today, guess what u are required to fill the form online not the usually print out and fill, to my surprise vfs is charging 5000 naira just to fill out a form and print...this is very unfair...as for me lagos boi to sharp I just located a café and bought air time and filled it my self. pls fill out your online form b4 going for submission. pls pray for me need to spend my nxt vac in the uk jor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
kaykad: dear members, just went to submit my uk visa application today, guess what u are required to fill the form online not the usually print out and fill, to my surprise vfs is charging 5000 naira just to fill out a form and print...this is very unfair...as for me lagos boi to sharp I just located a café and bought air time and filled it my self. pls fill out your online form b4 going for submission. pls pray for me need to spend my nxt vac in the uk jor
You really do consider yourself a "sharp Lagos boy" and yet you're so behind time in that you're presenting an outdated information?
What "sharp guy" is there who is not aware that visa application form is done online?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hey guys i just wanted to clarify somn. so basically the part of the vaf 9 personal detail form that asks you if you have travelled in the last 10yrs, what if you were given a 2yr visa and have travelled for holz in between, do you put the date( you were given the visa) and then 2yrs in the duration section or do you pute the individual dates of all the times you travlled in btw plus their duration. eg say you travel in december and for summer, do you make mention of these in the travel history. Btw does it make a diff if you make your visa app in abuja vs lagos. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i just wanted to clarify somn. so basically the part of the vaf 9 personal detail form that asks you if you have travelled in the last 10yrs, what if you were given a 2yr visa and have travelled for holz in between, do you put the date( you were given the visa) and then 2yrs in the duration section or do you pute the individual dates of all the times you travlled in btw plus their duration. eg say you travel in december and for summer, do you make mention of these in the travel history. Btw does it make a diff if you make your visa app in abuja vs lagos. Thanks

No, I don't think you have to put the individual dates travelled on a visa. Since you for example have a 2 year visa eg a visiting one, you only need to provide the type of visa eg 2 year visiting visa, the reference number on it, issue and expiry dates - they will by themselves see the travel history from the stamps in and out. They also ask if you have travelled to any other country apart from the UK in the last 10 years.. If you have, then put country name, visa type, length, and reference number on it, issue and expiry dates. Just that simple.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Muycom(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Good morning, pls i just want to know the procedure for getting a permanent stay in uk and the cost,thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2013
Muycom: Good morning, pls i just want to know the procedure for getting a permanent stay in uk and the cost,thanks

Do you live in the UK? If yes....what type of visa are you holding?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Muycom(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2013
I am a Nigerian just want to know the procedure and cost to travell there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Muycom: I am a Nigerian just want to know the procedure and cost to travell there.

The process of getting visiting or business visa to the UK is here if you do a search, getting permanent stay in the UK is totally different issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
hi all, my visa was refused as the eco among other things said i stated that my job was full time. My job is a contract job and i stated it on the form by clicking employment parttime.i have photocopies of the form, so that was a mistake on their part.
I want to reapply as i have made corrections on other issues raised but my concern is if i should draw their attention to the error under travel history-the place they asked 'if you have been refused a visa before and why' or......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pls guys how do u correct a mistake on you visa app form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hey guys i just wanted to find out, is it possible to use the hand written version of the personal details form for the application vs the online version as i am having difficulty with knowing how to structure my answerr for the travelling history section,I dont seem to be able to fit it all my travel history into the page available. How can i go around this? Help guys!!!thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
Cyndas: hi all, my visa was refused as the eco among other things said i stated that my job was full time. My job is a contract job and i stated it on the form by clicking employment parttime.i have photocopies of the form, so that was a mistake on their part.
I want to reapply as i have made corrections on other issues raised but my concern is if i should draw their attention to the error under travel history-the place they asked 'if you have been refused a visa before and why' or......
Of course, it is to your advantage to (reasonably) attribute a reason of your refusal to their own error.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
Deolu_1993: Pls guys how do u correct a mistake on you visa app form
Get an extra sheet of paper (ensure to write your GWF and/or VAR number), and state your concerns
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i just wanted to find out, is it possible to use the hand written version of the personal details form for the application vs the online version as i am having difficulty with knowing how to structure my answerr for the travelling history section,I dont seem to be able to fit it all my travel history into the page available. How can i go around this? Help guys!!!thanks
It is allowed to use extra sheet of paper for additional information, you can either use a typed letter or use your own (illegible) hand-writing in black ink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by surecan: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Vicjustice and others pls assist me,i knew that here is not for this topic but i need an answer as urgent as possible that is why i decided to post it here, according to immigration website,they said that standard Nigeria passport have a life span of 10 years with initial validity of 5 years,now my question is can they just extend it after that 5 years to another 5 years making it 10 years as stated or they will issue a new passport,because i approached embassy where i reside,they said they will extend it to another 5 years that i dont need a new one,if so will embassy accept this extension type
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
surecan: Vicjustice and others pls assist me,i knew that here is not for this topic but i need an answer as urgent as possible that is why i decided to post it here, according to immigration website,they said that standard Nigeria passport have a life span of 10 years with initial validity of 5 years,now my question is can they just extend it after that 5 years to another 5 years making it 10 years as stated or they will issue a new passport,because i approached embassy where i reside,they said they will extend it to another 5 years that i dont need a new one,if so will embassy accept this extension type
This regulation highly depends on the immigration authority or the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, the embassy has the power to overrule the pre-existing terms and conditions of its national passport and to decide whether an expired passport is to be renewed or replaced: If a passports is to be renewed, it can be done by endorsement (stamp with data filling), and such endorsed passport is as acceptable in any foreign embassy as a new one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by surecan: 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Vicjustice:
This regulation highly depends on the immigration authority or the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, the embassy has the power to overrule the pre-existing terms and conditions of its national passport and to decide whether an expired passport is to be renewed or replaced: If a passports is to be renewed, it can be done by endorsement (stamp with data filling), and such endorsed passport is as acceptable in any foreign embassy as a new one

ok, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uchechuwku: 4:13am On Sep 18, 2013
Picked up ma Visa yesterday.
Thanks To Justwise. *nd Vic (I read all yur posts)
I have a new question tho.
My Vacation remains only a week. I really don't have any reason to travel anymore.
I planned to spend 6weeks but 4 weeks is already gone and this is the 5th week.
Can I use it later. Let's say december? Won't I have any issue with it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:59am On Sep 18, 2013
uchechuwku: Picked up ma Visa yesterday.
Thanks To Justwise. *nd Vic (I read all yur posts)
I have a new question tho.
My Vacation remains only a week. I really don't have any reason to travel anymore.
I planned to spend 6weeks but 4 weeks is already gone and this is the 5th week.
Can I use it later. Let's say december? Won't I have any issue with it?
If the visa is a general visit/tourist visa (not a visa of time sensitive circumstance), then you can use it any time, but avoid traveling too late-toward the end of the visa, so they won't suspect you are intending to overstay the visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.