Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,135 members, 7,883,947 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (989146 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Believe13: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2013
@justwise. Pls can i submit an unsigned invitation letter to UK embassy? Letter was sent via email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tats(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2013
Believe13: @justwise. Pls can i submit an unsigned invitation letter to UK embassy? Letter was sent via email.

It should have been signed, scanned and sent through email. That is how I send invitation letters to relatives and they get visas.

I believe that the purpose of a signature is that the UKBA can validate the signature against what they have for the individual in file. Otherwise, anyone can send invitation letter or use someones else's documents unauthorised to apply for visa. have you looked at it from that perspective?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2013
Believe13: @justwise. Pls can i submit an unsigned invitation letter to UK embassy? Letter was sent via email.
I recommend you ask the person that is inviting you to send you the invitation letter by post (not email), ensure the letter is signed and dated.
For more, click on:
https://www.nairaland.com/757271/how-write-invitation-letters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Believe13: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
thanks. Will ask the person to sign and scan to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Believe13: thanks. Will ask the person to sign and scan to me.

Its preferable to use an original copy of an invitation letter, not a scanned one. Some people have been successful with a scanned copy but if its ur first visa application or u just want to be extra careful, I'll advice the person signs, dates it and POSTS it to u so u can submit the original copy, just as vicjustice said.
If ur running short of time pay for DHL tongue that's what I did.
All the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frakie: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello nairalanders,
Great people, great work, great ideals, great nation and great forum
I want you guys to shield more light on this issue, a friend of mine want to visit the UK with his wife and child
They have the following documents ready
Business documents
Business letter of introduction
Hotel reservation
Flight booking
Marriage certificate
Court affidavit of change of name for the wife
Magazine showing the change of name
Bank statement
Tax clearance

The question is: the date of birth on their passport is 199s respectively, hope this won’t make the eco to raise eyebrow on the application?
What did you guy suggest they should do in other to make the application a successful one?
What documents they should add to the ones they already have.
Please, we need you guy assistance on this issue.
Thanks, waiting for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
frakie: Hello nairalanders,
I want you guys to shield more light on this issue, a friend of mine want to visit the UK with his wife and child
Business documents
Hotel reservation
Flight booking
Marriage certificate
Bank statement
Tax clearance

The question is: the date of birth on their passport is 199s respectively, hope this won’t make the eco to raise eyebrow on the application?
What did you guy suggest they should do in other to make the application a successful one?
Why is the "friend" of yours not asking this question himself, or don't you think it is better to hear (first hand) from the "friend" of your himself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frakie: 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
[quote
author=Vicjustice]
Why is the "friend" of yours not asking this question himself, or don't
you think it is better to hear (first hand) from the "friend" of your
himself?[/quote]

he is not on this forum and i am, that is the reason why, i asked on his behalf. we are more than friends, please kindly help him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
frakie: Hello nairalanders,
Business documents
Hotel reservation
Flight booking
Marriage certificate
Bank statement
Tax clearance

What year were they born in and how long have they been married?
Well, since they were born in the 90s, their ages could be a bit questionable, seemingly too young for the comfort of visa officers: reputable Nigerians with credibility rarely marry that young.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
[size=28pt][/size]Dear nairaladers

please where do I get this in formation from uk website which state that my sponsors must provide this document:

*Tax clearance certificate of the sponsor.
*Utility bills of the sponsor or applicants
*Mortgage or tenancy deeds of sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor
*Property deeds of the applicant (if the applicant is a dependant, he should attach the property deeds of his parents)

he says he does not feel comfortable in producing them that I should state where it is written so that he can be sure of it.

please I need your help urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by serves: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Pls a kind Nairalander, I need information on the following urgently!!!!!!

1. I intend to renew my work permit visa which i hold as a dependant under my wife who's in UK

2. I am currently in Nigeria and i want to do renewal with my own work documents

3. Would the embassy require any of my wife's documents or i can go ahead and use my work documents gotten from just 3 months work in UK before my visa expired?

4. In summary can i sponsor myself without necessarily using wife's details?

thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2013
serves: Pls a kind Nairalander, I need information on the following urgently!!!!!!

1. I intend to renew my work permit visa which i hold as a dependant under my wife who's in UK

2. I am currently in Nigeria and i want to do renewal with my own work documents

3. Would the embassy require any of my wife's documents or i can go ahead and use my work documents gotten from just 3 months work in UK before my visa expired?

4. In summary can i sponsor myself without necessarily using wife's details?

thank u.
It's (usually) not possible to obtain or renew a permit without the presence of the EU citizen through whom you obtain the status: it is (usually) a requirement that you prove that you're a habitual resident in the country all through the years of the validity of the permit, and (usually), you are required to present your wife with her identification documents in order to be attended to, and this is (usually) done inside the country.
From your narration, you're going to give the immigration officers the reason to suspect that your marriage is one of convenience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2013
kaykad: [size=28pt][/size]Dear nairaladers

please where do I get this in formation from uk website which state that my sponsors must provide this document:

*Tax clearance certificate of the sponsor.
*Utility bills of the sponsor or applicants
*Mortgage or tenancy deeds of sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor
*Property deeds of the applicant (if the applicant is a dependant, he should attach the property deeds of his parents)

he says he does not feel comfortable in producing them that I should state where it is written so that he can be sure of it.

please I need your help urgently
Click on this pink, you might need to download the file.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dappyfresh: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
dappyfresh: I appealed about 8 weeks ago...and I
just got the email on the 17th saying that I should
come to abuja to collect my documents....they
didn't say anything about passport....please I have
missed my family all of them for 6 years ...have
been schooling alone in nigeria...the email also
read all efforts to reach applicant failed....please a
have not slept since then .....what can I do.....see
what nigeria has caused oo...nepa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dappyfresh: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
dappyfresh: Please help me....this is extremely
recent if you are reading this september 21
2013.....I applied for ireland visa was
rejected ....then I did the appeal....then after
several weeks ....I got a mail saying I was called
but didn't pick up the phone ....its just a visting
visa ...is there hope for me....pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2013
i submitted my application yesterday 20/09/2013 and i intend to travel on 12/10/2013 looking at it 11/10/2013 will be exactly 15 working days for my application, i hope this will not hinder me from getting my visa? it is a visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
undecidedi submitted my application yesterday 20/09/2013 and i intend to travel on 12/10/2013 looking at it 11/10/2013 will be exactly 15 working days for my application, i hope this will not hinder me from getting my visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
adeniyi bolanle: i submitted my application yesterday 20/09/2013 and i intend to travel on 12/10/2013 looking at it 11/10/2013 will be exactly 15 working days for my application, i hope this will not hinder me from getting my visa? it is a visiting visa
The vast majority of applicants in this kind of circumstance get refused on the ground of insufficient time. The onus is on you to give plenty of time to allow the visa officer enough time to comfortably decide your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2013
Vicjustice:
The vast majority of applicants in this kind of circumstance get refused on the ground of insufficient time. The onus is on you to give plenty of time to allow the visa officer enough time to comfortably decide your application
The issue is that i reapply because i was refused last month and my school break is goin to end on 27 of oct 2013 so i schedule my date of btw that period. I have made every correction in my application. i believe i will be granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hi.Pls i need some information.I applied as for a family visitor to visit my husband in the uk but was denied(that was about 6mths ago).Now i want to apply again to join him there on his visa Tier1.Do i need to address the concerns raised by the ECO in the refusal or is it just a fresh application entirely.I also did an admin review at that time and got a response.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ericas: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Evening house, please I need your advice. My trip to the Uk is being sponsored by my dad. The issue is that though he has considerable amounts in term deposit 30 days, his current account is in debit. Can this statement be used with all bank evidences of the term deposits. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
omabroowniee: Hi.Pls i need some information.I applied as for a family visitor to visit my husband in the uk but was denied(that was about 6mths ago).Now i want to apply again to join him there on his visa Tier1.Do i need to address the concerns raised by the ECO in the refusal or is it just a fresh application entirely.I also did an admin review at that time and got a response.Thanks
Though, the previous application can have influence on new application, but this application will be treated in its own merit. Before making a new application, you need to consider these: does ylour husband earn money, how much does he earn annually?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2013
Yes he does,he meets all the financial requirements and earning points.He recently got a renewal in april for his visa. So you think i do not need to address the issues they raised
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Sep 23, 2013
omabroowniee: Yes he does,he meets all the financial requirements and earning points.He recently got a renewal in april for his visa. So you think i do not need to address the issues they raised
I can't give my opinion on that since you did not state the reason/s for the refusal.
However, it will help to know the difference between your previous (tourist/visit) application and your intended spouse visa application.
Important: ensure that you have valid evidence to satisfy the visa officer that your relationship is one that is credible and is sustained. Gather every proof of contact and communication between the two of you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
You have stated that you wish to visit your husband in the uk.I note that when you submitted ur application in Dec u made no mention of ur husband(then fiancee) residing in the uk.I have noted ur explanation wch i do not find plausible and this omision undermines ur application.You have stated u are employed with a monthly income of 90k,on your previous application u stated ur income was 120k,you have given no account of this discrepancy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
Vicjustice,that's the refusal bit and there was a review done wch explained all these.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pls house I need ur urgent advice, I was refused on d bases dat am nt married nd I dnt av dependent. Child in nigeria nd dis is only reason dey give me what do u tink I can do ? It is compoulsory to maary before I can get visa , dis is injustice, I can. Go for admnisrtative review? Pls I need ur suggestion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
lovesavvi: Pls house I need ur urgent advice, I was refused on d bases dat am nt married nd I dnt av dependent. Child in nigeria nd dis is only reason dey give me what do u tink I can do ? It is compoulsory to maary before I can get visa , dis is injustice, I can. Go for admnisrtative review? Pls I need ur suggestion

That is not plausible!

They can't refuse you simply because you are not married and your not having dependents. You will need to produce the refusal notice (removing personal details) for people to give advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

That is not plausible!

They can't refuse you simply because you are not married and your not having dependents. You will need to produce the refusal notice (removing personal details) for people to give advice.
ok sir I will do that when I get to ibadan , am inside bus nao goin bak home from collection center, really feel bad at d moment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bids1759: 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
hello, I've been to the UK twice and on expiration of my visa, i re applied, only to be refused, though the flaw was on me cos i stated i will use over 800,000 naira on my vacation for 7days, though i ms-interpreted the question to be the total money in my acct. i don't know the next step. though the refusal letter states that i am limited to this appeal, does it mean i cannot appeal? when applying next, what should i put in place especially when it comes to my finances...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
solomonwis:

That is not plausible!

This is. Rerefusal letter, you have applied to visit your brother in the uk and u av submitted an invitation letter and supporting details from him,however, inorder to make a decision on ur application, I must primarily assess ur persional circumstances in nigeria and ur intentions in uk. U av nt shown any close family ties to nigeria. I fully acknowledge that u av submitted clarification of ur financial circumstances and ur business position in nigeria, however dis alone are nt sufficient with regard to ur intentions in d uk. U are unmarried with no dependent children. I do not therefore consider dat u av demonstrated enough close persional and family ties and personal economic circumstances that necessitate your countinue presence in nigeria. This. Causes me to question your reasons for seeking entry into d uk nd ur intentions once there. Given d lack of adequate evidence of ur own circumstances in nigeria, on d balance of probabilities, am nt satisfied dat. U av shown genuinely seekin entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by u or dat u intend to leave uk at the end of ur proposed visit as required by paragraph 41 nd of HC 395. Dis is my situation, wat do u tink I can do? Justwise nd all d guru in d house am waiting for ur respond. Am really feel bad nao

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.