Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,499 members, 7,971,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998180 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ogodos(m): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=ogodos]My sister is sponsoring me to Uk to visit My Cousin... What document do i need from my sister. She work in an FCMB Bank.....,Also my sister who;s sponsoring me can she use her bank statment up to 4month? i will be glad if you can get back to me soon[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
wola44: Waiting

Hi Vicjustice,

If my company is supporting part of my conference payment, what document do i need from my company to embassy ?
lalla89: Hello everyone,pls I need a help I want apply for a tourist visa to U.K can someone pls tell me the requirements needed by U.K embassy in nigeria in order to obtain my tourist visa,my Dad is my sponsor and I'm also working earnig about 40k per month.pls gurus help me is an urgent
ogodos: My sister is sponsoring me to Uk to visit My Cousin... What document do i need from my sister. She work in an FCMB Bank.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2013
Vicjustice,justwise and other gurus in the house pls help me with the list of documents required in order to get a tourist visa to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2013
lalla89: Vicjustice,justwise and other gurus in the house pls help me with the list of documents required in order to get a tourist visa to UK.

Pls read this thread the list has been repeated over and over again over the years here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2013
Here are the documents required for visa applications, just click this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thanks vicjustice for the info , but my question is that I have a 2M that my father put it at once in my saving account and the last traansaction in the account is just NYSC allawee that is coming everymonth and also I have no invitation just wnt go as a tourist ,the document I intend to use is the 2M bank statement ,bevidence of booking a hotel and flight ,my father employment details and his company certificate. Pls vicjustice Is my document enough for the visa and is it possible to use the that I just put at once in an account.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
lalla89: Thanks vicjustice for the info , but my question is that I have a 2M that my father put it at once in my saving account and the last traansaction in the account is just NYSC allawee that is coming everymonth and also I have no invitation just wnt go as a tourist ,the document I intend to use is the 2M bank statement ,bevidence of booking a hotel and flight ,my father employment details and his company certificate. Pls vicjustice Is my document enough for the visa and is it possible to use the that I just put at once in an account.thanks
You do not need an invitation letter if you can provide a satisfactory accommodation details, but however, your personal circumstances are not meeting the requirement. And besides, there is an issue with this kind of bank account, the statement is definitely guilty of MONEY LODGEMENT

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Vicjustice:
You do not need an invitation letter if you can provide a satisfactory accommodation details, but however, your personal circumstances are not meeting the requirement. And besides, there is an issue with this kind of bank account, the statement is definitely guilty of MONEY LODGEMENT
thanks vicjustice for the infor,pls base on the list of documents I have pls guide me more on the other documents required and also the type of bank account they needed in order to get my visa.the document I have is evidence of flight and accomodation booked ,my dad employment letter and company certificate then a 2M bank statement.I can also provide a letter of my present employment with a salary of just 40k per month. Pls put me through oga vicjustice Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
lalla89: thanks vicjustice for the infor,pls base on the list of documents I have pls guide me more on the other documents required and also the type of bank account they needed in order to get my visa.the document I have is evidence of flight and accomodation booked ,my dad employment letter and company certificate then a 2M bank statement.I can also provide a letter of my present employment with a salary of just 40k per month. Pls put me through oga vicjustice Thanks
I don't think I wrote my corresponding comments in French
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=18pt][/size]Vicjustice:

please I need to confirm if the 3000 pounds pound has been place on visitors to the Uk, because I wan to re apply after I was denied the previous time.Vicjustice:

please I need to confirm if the 3000 pounds pound has been place on visitors to the Uk, because I wan to re apply after I was denied the previous time.
Vicjustice:

please I need to confirm if the 3000 pounds pound has been place on visitors to the Uk, because I wan to re apply after I was denied the previous time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=18pt][/size]
@Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Vicjustice:
I don't think a letter will be enough without credible documentation to prove same

Dear Vicjustice,

Please what documentation do i attach to my re-application to show proof that last two deposite(120k & 67K) into my bank acct prior to my initial application were refund of some loan i gave my friend.The Land agreement was not included in my initial application and I just intend adding it with the receipt(issued to me by the seller)to my application.Do you think it will complicate things as I have no other documentation on the Land(You know how it is wit buying land in naija). Please reply, tanx in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
[size=24pt][/size]@Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
oloriesther:

Dear Vicjustice,

Please what documentation do i attach to my re-application to show proof that last two deposite(120k & 67K) into my bank acct prior to my initial application were refund of some loan i gave my friend.The Land agreement was not included in my initial application and I just intend adding it with the receipt(issued to me by the seller)to my application.Do you think it will complicate things as I have no other documentation on the Land(You know how it is wit buying land in naija). Please reply, tanx in anticipation.
I don't think you can provide any documentary evidence in respect of the "loan" and the "repayment" because, I know how such transactions are done (in undocumented manners) in Nigeria.
Now, talking about the documentation, there is no type or kind of document that would be acceptable except an agreement document that is witnessed, signed and dated by a notary lawyer; the lender and the borrower at the time of the lending/borrowing: anything order than this can not be officially valid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vikkynikky: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
kindly help! i have applied for UK visa under tier 5 and its over 3 months now. please is there anybody in this kind of situation> please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hey people I want to find out for someone if it is possible for a university to act as their financial sponsor for the tier 4 general student visa application .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey people I want to find out for someone if it is possible for a university to act as their financial sponsor for the tier 4 general student visa application .thanks
What forbids the "someone" from asking this question him/herself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2013
ABEG NOW

please I need to confirm if the 3000 pounds bond has been place on visitors to the Uk, because I wan to re apply after I was denied the previous time.[b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2013
kaykad:
ABEG NOW

please I need to confirm if the 3000 pounds bond has been place on visitors to the Uk, because I wan to re apply after I was denied the previous time.[b]

Not yet, that is starting Nov.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bluhat: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Raphel2011: Hi, thanks for your advice so far. My application has been with the uk embassy for 15 working days and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Is there any number I can call to find out the progress of my application or I should go to vfs global to check if my passport has been returned to them? Everytime I track it online it jst says it has been forwarded to d british high commission and the 400 naira sms is not helping.
Thanks.

Hello Raphel,

Any news yet. I have been following ur post. I am also awaiting decision from UKBA, its 18 working days today from the day of application.

Checked at the VFS lekki yesterday, lots of people waiting for passport.

Pls post ur update and others in same situation pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bluhat:

Hello Raphel,

Any news yet. I have been following ur post. I am also awaiting decision from UKBA, its 18 working days today from the day of application.

Checked at the VFS lekki yesterday, lots of people waiting for passport.

Pls post ur update and others in same situation pls.

Oh give thanks to the lord for he is gracious and his mercies enduret forever. Thanks to justwise, vicjustice, olu123467(where is she sef, its been a while) and everyone that advice on my visa application. I received my package today and guess wah...my 5 yrs visitn visa was renewed. It was renewed since 20th of last month and I jst got it today. This is a piece of advice. I was told by one of the staffs at vfs that the applications from lekki are sent to uk for processing. Some people also confirmed this and said applications frm ikeja and abuja are processed in nigeria that's why applications from lekki takes longer. The place of issue on my visa is shefild so I guess that's uk for sure. I wish everyone awaiting a response goodluck and don't wait on any text, I haven't gotten any text yet. Just track it online.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dis Guy: congrats

My oga at the top!
Thanks for your advice. It made me feel relieved mehn.
God bleSs you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bluhat: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Raphel2011:

Oh give thanks to the lord for he is gracious and his mercies enduret forever. Thanks to justwise, vicjustice, olu123467(where is she sef, its been a while) and everyone that advice on my visa application. I received my package today and guess wah...my 5 yrs visitn visa was renewed. It was renewed since 20th of last month and I jst got it today. This is a piece of advice. I was told by one of the staffs at vfs that the applications from lekki are sent to uk for processing. Some people also confirmed this and said applications frm ikeja and abuja are processed in nigeria that's why applications from lekki takes longer. The place of issue on my visa is shefild so I guess that's uk for sure. I wish everyone awaiting a response goodluck and don't wait on any text, I haven't gotten any text yet. Just track it online.

Congrats!!!!!
I am happy for you.
I would keep tracking it online. Around what time did you see ur status change online?
My grad is on thursday, I hope to make it if possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Raphel2011:

My oga at the top!
Thanks for your advice. It made me feel relieved mehn.
God bleSs you.

Thanks for coming back to give us more details with regards to the Lekki office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bluhat:

Congrats!!!!!
I am happy for you.
I would keep tracking it online. Around what time did you see ur status change online?
My grad is on thursday, I hope to make it if possible.

Hope you get yours and on time too

quite unfair as it mean people will have to buy last minute tickets which are expensive and not so flexible

i hope people using Lekki leave plenty of time when applying now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bluhat: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dis Guy:

Hope you get yours and on time too

quite unfair as it mean people will have to buy last minute tickets which are expensive and not so flexible

i hope people using Lekki leave plenty of time when applying now

Thanks for the wishes Dis Guy.
We hope for the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bros Congratulation
Please can you give me the site u track your apllication? I have not been able to track since I submitted my application. Each time I input my reference number it gives invalid search. I submitted at lekki since 15th August. Please help t
Raphel2011:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thekid123: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2013
Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and I would like some help please. I was recently refused for tier4 visa and I have submitted an administrative review form. I was refused as the ECO claimed I had not payed any of my course fees even though my CAS showed all course fees were paid. Furthermore the ECO quotes the wrong fee in the refusal leading me to believe he looked at the wrong CAS when making his decision.
Does anyone know how long the review decision takes. Also would I need to re-submit documents I already submitted with my original application (eg. Bank statement)? Please your answers would be most helpful as I submitted just the form without resubmitting evidence and I am now worried. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2013
thekid123: Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and I would like some help please. I was recently refused for tier4 visa and I have submitted an administrative review form. I was refused as the ECO claimed I had not payed any of my course fees even though my CAS showed all course fees were paid. Furthermore the ECO quotes the wrong fee in the refusal leading me to believe he looked at the wrong CAS when making his decision.
Does anyone know how long the review decision takes. Also would I need to re-submit documents I already submitted with my original application (eg. Bank statement)? Please your answers would be most helpful as I submitted just the form without resubmitting evidence and I am now worried. Thanks in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/181
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DeeOneBangin: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello house, is a 6 months bank statement printed on Aug 22nd still valid for application. I intend applying next Monday,Sept 9th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Hello house, is a 6 months bank statement printed on Aug 22nd still valid for application. I intend applying next Monday,Sept 9th.
You can still use it if nothing much has changed with the account... But be aware that this type of statement is subject to more scrutiny: so, if you know that something significant has changed, don't use it because, if you do, it is highly likely that the embassy will investigate and it may be considered as fraud which may get you into a serious trouble

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.