Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991387 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayoTFC(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
ps, how much is the visa fee for uk family visitor ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayoTFC(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
i got it. #78 GBP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
guys- @vicjustice and justwise, however i have two new questions;
1.my company pay for my house allowance (like in bulk) and this is traceable as it is paid into the salary account thou over the counter,is it relevant to get copies of such allowances attached in my application?

2.my organization makes a deduction of 750 (seven hundred and fifty naira) as tax deducted from every staff salary,they pay this deduction in bulk to tax office so the certificate hence is issued in the name of the company,do i need to get a copy of dis tax certificate or do i need a new tax clearance for my personal self?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
awumen: guys- @vicjustice and justwise, however i have two new questions;
1.my company pay for my house allowance (like in bulk) and this is traceable as it is paid into the salary account thou over the counter,is it relevant to get copies of such allowances attached in my application?
It depends on your claim or the circumstances of your finance. If you state that you get house allowance from your company, or your financial details reveal any such lodgement, then, it would be necessary to include the document to prove so otherwise, this will be irrelevant.

awumen: 2.my organization makes a deduction of 750 (seven hundred and fifty naira) as tax deducted from every staff salary,they pay this deduction in bulk to tax office so the certificate hence is issued in the name of the company,do i need to get a copy of dis tax certificate or do i need a new tax clearance for my personal self?
This also depends, but is there any evidence that the tax "paid in bulk" involves the deduction from your wage/salary?
By the way, who has required of you to get tax documents, what do you need that for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osarodon(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Justwise,

Hello I guess you still remember me, I thank you for your assistance back then in March 2011 when I was planning to apply for UK visa.
Since then I have traveled to UK(London)in April 2011,Germany(Munich)April 2012.
I now have so much confidence to face the Visa Officers because I take is as not do or die affair.
I am planning next trip for Canada and there after the US.
Just have a genuine convincing reason to travel and you will get the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
@vicjustice, a lodgement was made in the case of the house allowance.

-No one has required me to get tax documents, i only felt since tax clearance is often as issue with the embassy i need to get further clarification. well from the info i gathered from the acct. dept. i was told that the deductions from each staffs is being paid in 'bulk' to the tax office. i know that the tax people come monthly i sight a copy of the certificate.

my question now is ;
1. From your response, i dont need personal tax certificate since my organization maks this deduction from me monthly,rite?
2.do i need to include marriage certificate?
3.do i also need to tell them i will be going with my wife again in august since she jus came back in june?
4.do i also need to state that i have sponsored over 60 per cent of my wife's trip over the period of five times?
5.pls give me a link to the visitor's form,cmant get the right one?
6. sample of letter of introduction from my coy below,review;

Thanks.
Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
osarodon: Justwise,

Hello I guess you still remember me, I thank you for your assistance back then in March 2011 when I was planning to apply for UK visa.
Since then I have traveled to UK(London)in April 2011,Germany(Munich)April 2012.
I now have so much confidence to face the Visa Officers because I take is as not do or die affair.
I am planning next trip for Canada and there after the US.
Just have a genuine convincing reason to travel and you will get the visa

I'm glad that you succeeded in getting the visa and gain more travel history, like you pointed out, its not do or die affair. Good luck with your future travels.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
@justwise and vicjustice, a lodgement was made in the case of the house allowance.

-No one has required me to get tax documents, i only felt since tax clearance is often as issue with the embassy i need to get further clarification. well from the info i gathered from the acct. dept. i was told that the deductions from each staffs is being paid in 'bulk' to the tax office. i know that the tax people come monthly i sight a copy of the certificate.

my question now is ;
1. From your response, i dont need personal tax certificate since my organization maks this deduction from me monthly,rite?
3.do i also need to tell them i will be going with my wife again in august since she jus came back in june?
4.do i also need to state that i have sponsored over 60 per cent of my wife's trip over the period of five times?
5.pls give me a link to the visitor's form,cmant get the right one?

Thanks.
Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2012
awumen: @justwise and vicjustice, a lodgement was made in the case of the house allowance.

The embassy is not a revenue monitor office so, they are not to be concerned about tax clearance especially as you are not a business owner but a humble employee: they would only require to see your tax certificate if you claim to be the owner of a questionable business; but as for you being an employee, you do not have any issue with tax clearance document

awumen:
my question now is ;
You don't need this document, this absolutely does not concern you and the embassy will never require it from you.

awumen:
Whether you are travelling with your wife or not, as long as you are married (and you declared so), you are required to present your marriage certificate; this is a must

awumen:
If you intend to go with your wife, you should tell them so, it doesn't matter when your wife was last in the UK even if it is 2 days ago: it is fine as long as she is willing to make the trip and the finance is available

awumen: 4.do i also need to state that i have sponsored over 60 per cent of my wife's trip over the period of five times?
Sure, you can do that, but be ready to prove it just in case you are asked to present evidence of the claim, but if you think the prove might be difficult; then, there is no need for this except you have a way to put it verbally (without proof). Use your discretion.

awumen: 5.pls give me a link to the visitor's form,cmant get the right one?
I am in Ireland, and i only know the online application site address: http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

awumen:
My name is a staff of our organization. He joined us May, 2008 as Project/Contract Analyst. The company has approved a leave/vacation of 16 working days (23rd August – Sept. 13th, 2012) for him as applied.
Please accord him the necessary assistance/support he might require to make his vacation a memorable one.
That is a good simple sample, but i hope you understand that the letter will not be complete without a line saying "If you require further information, kindly contact us on 08012345678"
For more information visit:
https://www.nairaland.com/757271/how-write-invitation-letters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Please am about submitting my application to the uk embassy am applying for a student visitor and I have filled that am a fulltime student and that my cousin is paying my travel to and from the UK and giving me a stipend of 300pounds my accomodation and course fees and meals have been paid for in the section of how much I spend a month I filled in 40,000 from this my cousin. Is that ok?
I need a repy soon. Bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
oyejohn: Please am about submitting my application to the uk embassy am applying for a student visitor and I have filled that am a fulltime student and that my cousin is paying my travel to and from the UK and giving me a stipend of 300pounds my accomodation and course fees and meals have been paid for in the section of how much I spend a month I filled in 40,000 from this my cousin. Is that ok?
I need a repy soon. Bless u

Do you have the bank statement to show all that?

In that link i gave you, at the left hand side the requirements are listed, if you met these requirements then you will be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
justwise:

Do you have the bank statement to show all that?

In that link i gave you, at the left hand side the requirements are listed, if you met these requirements then you will be fine
Yes sir I have the bank statement to show it sir. I want to submit my application for the trip slated for the 8th of july by monday I will like to know if Monday is not too late for that sir?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
oyejohn:
Yes sir I have the bank statement to show it sir. I want to submit my application for the trip slated for the 8th of july by monday I will like to know if Monday is not too late for that sir?

Monday is not late
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jasmine007: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2012
@All.... i greet all the elders of this forum ..Please i need the contact email of British Embassy Lagos office for inquiries...I checked online but i keep seeing just the Abuja office email , I'll appreciate if anyone knows the exact contact email and can paste it here..Cheers to you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2012
franknero488: Just wanted to inform the house that I was given a 6 months visa today. The forum was helpful with some of my inquiries but even the forum has its limitations.
While I read the whole thread from the old one to the new one, there was no one who could provide me answer to some of my questions. So every other intending visitor that doesn't get answers to his or her questions, please note that there are also other forums too that may answer your questions ( don't know if I can put links here)... since it is the same uk visa application form for everyone that requires a visa ( tourist visa, I mean). I got like 80% of the tips from this thread and when I was hooked and the forum couldn't provide answers I searched for other travel forums, put up my questions, got suitable answers, submitted my application, took 20 days ( including weekends and public holidays) and was given the visa...once again thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread, I will henceforth contribute where I can
. Pls bro....​ also nid help,,,i want tooo aPply for a̶̲̥̅ visit Visa...myy cousin will send ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ a̶̲̥̅ letter of invitation,,i ave a̶̲̥̅ very gd account & i own a̶̲̥̅ biscuit shop which has a̶̲̥̅ certified certificate 4rm CAC...pls watt ® my chances & watt more dooo ¶ nid τ̅☺ gt a̶̲̥̅ Visa!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 08, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:35am On Jun 08, 2012
talktolaranow: @justwise,pls I am a current serving batch A youth corps member and I plan to apply for UK visit visa in July.A friend of mine wld be inviting me and he wld be sponsoring the trip,he wld also send all necessary docs like utility bills,mortgage acct,data page of his passport etc.I just want to know the documents I need to provide from my own end to make the application.I wld be getting a letter from my PPA though stating that I'm allowed to travel for a certain period.
You stand a 98% chance of visa refusal because, you obviously do not meet the requirement for tourist visa: you do not have a job nor do you have a good financial standing, also, you are a fresh school graduate: besides, your host-to-be is only "a friend" How would you convince the Visa Officer that you have something to return home for? My friend, you'd only loose your money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2012
Gdday evry1.......i need urr advice onn what toooo dooo,,m self employd with a̶̲̥̅ certified certificate 4rm CAC of my provision store,gd Acc,& m gettin a̶̲̥̅n invitation letter 4rm my cousin i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ da UK...watt ® my chances & watt oda documnts D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ i need!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
talktolaranow: @justwise,pls I am a current serving batch A youth corps member and I plan to apply for UK visit visa in July.A friend of mine wld be inviting me and he wld be sponsoring the trip,he wld also send all necessary docs like utility bills,mortgage acct,data page of his passport etc.I just want to know the documents I need to provide from my own end to make the application.I wld be getting a letter from my PPA though stating that I'm allowed to travel for a certain period.

Vicjustice: You stand a 98% chance of visa refusal because, you obviously do not meet the requirement for tourist visa: you do not have a job nor do you have a good financial standing, also, you are a fresh school graduate: besides, your host-to-be is only "a friend" How would you convince the Visa Officer that you have something to return home for? My friend, you'd only loose your money

Vicjustice has said all i wanted to say.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jasmine007: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Jasmine007: @All.... i greet all the elders of this forum ..Please i need the contact email of British Embassy Lagos office for inquiries...I checked online but i keep seeing just the Abuja office email , I'll appreciate if anyone knows the exact contact email and can paste it here..Cheers to you all

@All,,none of you answered my question but hey i got it already ...someone might need it (visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk)////Goodlck to you all....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
I have a 6 month old visa, that will expire on the 3rd of July. I am presently in the UK, since the 5th of June. I told the border control that I will be here for ten days, but I think I will be here uptill a 2nd of July. Which is a day before the visa expires. My question, I hope there will be no form of trouble , that may arise at my exit or on renewal. Since I told them when I was coming in that I will be here for 10days, but then stayed up to a month.

Please I need a quick response, so that I will know what to do before the 10th day of my visit.

Please treat as urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.