Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,684 members, 7,979,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998963 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2012
paramajit
Turn off Caps Lock!!!!!!
Then you will not look like a child shouting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2012
Justwise, tnx for ur reply. Quick clarification pls. If u hav a fixed deposit earmarked to fund the trip, do u just include ur fixed deposit certificate together wit current acct statement and explain or liquidate d FD and credit d current acct then explain so it doesn't look like "money lodgement"? Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:01pm On May 30, 2012
beejaybida: Justwise, tnx for ur reply. Quick clarification pls. If u hav a fixed deposit earmarked to fund the trip, do u just include ur fixed deposit certificate together wit current acct statement and explain or liquidate d FD and credit d current acct then explain so it doesn't look like "money lodgement"? Tnx
You can't use a fixed deposit account to "fund the trip" the money in such account is considered unavailable for your use until the date of release; but you can use the account as a proof of obligation and home tie
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 6:25pm On May 30, 2012
VicJustice, tnx. In other word, I cld credit am current acct wit d funds wen it expire next since it is rolled over every month. My worry is, won't it look like a lump lodgement? Tnx
Vicjustice: You can't use a fixed deposit account to "fund the trip" the money in such account is considered unavailable for your use until the date of release; but you can use the account as a proof of obligation and home tie
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:26pm On May 30, 2012
beejaybida: VicJustice, tnx. In other word, I cld credit am current acct wit d funds wen it expire next since it is rolled over every month. My worry is, won't it look like a lump lodgement? Tnx
It would be an added advantage to have good balance in your account, but it is more important that the account meets these4 requirements: Your bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2012
Tnx vicjustice. My acct has transactions in excess of 2.5m for d 6months period aside frm d FD. These transactions r traceable to employers frm d bank narrations. Aside frm d FD d acct has abt 300k balance. Wat I ask is, shld i liquidate d FD and credit ma salary acct whr it came frm, so dat d balance wld be over 1m or I can leave d FD, apply wit acct statement plus d FD cert? Tnx
Vicjustice: It would be an added advantage to have good balance in your account, but it is more important that the account meets these4 requirements: Your bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 12:09pm On May 31, 2012
@vicjustice and all,this is my question to the house. i am applying for the first time to the uk (tourist),my wife has been in and out like 5 times.my challenges is first,do i need to include any of her details(pp number), secondly i earn allowances that are weigh above even my salary sometimes and they are not paid into salary account (by hand),will i need my tax clearance to cover these allowances,do i also need to include any documentation to show these allowances (maybe a voucher or slip)?i enquired from the accounts dept. and the only help i got was that i will get a photocopy from their records?do i also add up these allowances to my total income monthly since they vary most times?i also need sample of letter of introduction tot he embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smithade: 3:08pm On May 31, 2012
Hello JustWise

I'm planning traveling for my studies by early October, My problem is that The fund for my study will be available in my dad's account by late July. The money ids from his office corporative society. Looking at the 28days with which the money must be in his account, I can only apply for my Visa by late August or early september,

1. I want to know if that is not too late and also

2. Can I withdraw part of the money before I travel or do I still need to maintain d money in my acct.

3. In getting the 6 months bank statement, will it not count against me because there is currently no money in the account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by elimokhai(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2012
Hi Justwise, please can I have your email address, need to discuss some private issues. Thank you. el_j@live.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2012
Smithade: Hello JustWise

I'm planning traveling for my studies by early October, My problem is that The fund for my study will be available in my dad's account by late July. The money ids from his office corporative society. Looking at the 28days with which the money must be in his account, I can only apply for my Visa by late August or early september,

1. I want to know if that is not too late and also

2. Can I withdraw part of the money before I travel or do I still need to maintain d money in my acct.

3. In getting the 6 months bank statement, will it not count against me because there is currently no money in the account.

I hope you don' mind me being brutally honest with you? Whatever you do, don't travel without all the money you need. . . all your school fees and the maintenance money.

Applying August is better.

You don't need 6months bank account, all you need is to keep that money in your account or your daddy's account for 28days before applying for visa and you really really need that money dearly when you get to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2012
elimokhai: Hi Justwise, please can I have your email address, need to discuss some private issues. Thank you. el_j@live.com

You can email me through nairaland email system and i think my email addy is displayed on my profile as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ JUSTWISE:

Please I applied for a Business Visit Visa for an interview in March. the visa delayed and the interview passed. I finally got the visa which expires in August.I intend to use this visa for a visit/shopping in the UK. would that suffice especially because of those Border guys at Immigration point in Heathrow?

What can I do?

Justwise: I need your contact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
@justwise,this is my question to the house. i am applying for the first time to the uk (tourist),my wife has been in and out like 5 times.my challenges is
1.do i need to include any of her details(pp number),
2. i earn allowances that are weigh above even my salary sometimes and they are not paid into salary account (collection by hand).
3.will i need my tax clearance to cover these allowances
4.do i also need to include any documentation to show these allowances (maybe a voucher or slip)?i enquired from the accounts dept. and the only help i got was that i will get a photocopy from their records?do i also add up these allowances to my total income monthly since they vary most times?i also need sample of letter of introduction tot he embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
Simplesoul: @ JUSTWISE:

Please I applied for a Business Visit Visa for an interview in March. the visa delayed and the interview passed. I finally got the visa which expires in August.I intend to use this visa for a visit/shopping in the UK. would that suffice especially because of those Border guys at Immigration point in Heathrow?

What can I do?

Justwise: I need your contact

Sure you can use the visa for your shopping trip, they may stop you at the POE and may not stop you at all, its a random thing. Yes the initial purpose of the visa was for an interview but it delayed which wasn't your fault but now you going for shopping, don't carry anything job-related in your bag. . . CV, job advert, company, address . . .etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
[quote author=justwise]

Sure you can use the visa for your shopping trip, they may stop you at the POE and may not stop you at all, its a random thing. Yes the initial purpose of the visa was for an interview but it delayed which wasn't your fault but now you going for shopping, don't carry anything job-related in your bag. . . CV, job advert, company, address . . .etc.

Thanks. U too much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
paramajit: @JUSTWISE .....PLEASE NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS.....
I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK VISITING VISA...I JUST WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCE BECAUSE I WAS ONCE A STUDENT IN UK IN ONE OF THE COLLEGE AND I CAME HOME 2010.
NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA.
I DIDN'T OVER STAY MY VISA AND I LEFT ON DEC 26 2010 WHILE THE VISA EXPIRED 31 2011 THEN AM ALREADY IN NIGERIA.
SO NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA AND I WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCES OF OBTAINING A VISIT VISA SINCE I DIDN'T OVER STAY IN MY PREVIOUS VISIT AND I ONLY WORKED FOR A WEEK WHEN I WAS IN UK.
ALSO WILL I BE GIVING A 6MONTHS VISA VISITING VISA OR 2YEARS VISITING VISA ...
REGARDS TO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

You can apply for 2 years visa. My husband finished his masters and then applied for a 2 year visa 2 years later. They gave him a 5 year visa. Just make sure your bank statement is in order.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
awumen: @vicjustice and all,this is my question to the house. i am applying for the first time to the uk (tourist),my wife has been in and out like 5 times.my challenges is first,do i need to include any of her details(pp number)
It is not up to you to either want to include or exclude her passport number, you are required to fill the application form according to the questions or the fields provided; so, if there is a question or a field on your spouse's Passport number, then you enter it otherwise, it may be irrelevant: though i understand you'd be happy to have reasons to add her passport number for its good influence.

awumen: secondly i earn allowances that are weigh above even my salary sometimes and they are not paid into salary account (by hand),will i need my tax clearance to cover these allowances,do i also need to include any documentation to show these allowances (maybe a voucher or slip)?
Any payment (wages, salary, benefit or allowance) that is made or received by cash-in-hand can not be acceptable as official, so, your allowance may even be seen as illegal in a European point of view.

awumen: i enquired from the accounts dept. and the only help i got was that i will get a photocopy from their records?do i also add up these allowances to my total income monthly since they vary most times?i also need sample of letter of introduction tot he embassy.
I don't know what benefit this move might be to your application, i suspect that you might just be giving the Visa Officer more reasons to ask you more questions, and you would need more explanations to do. Well, use your own discretion in this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotun474: 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
Can anyone who applied for uk visa and picked up their passport tell me if the status changes to picked up or something?
I invited my friend to uk and he applied at vfs lekki. He gave me his vfs reference number and dob to also track for him. It has been 4 days now since it says it is ready for collection, but my friend is incommunicado. I just want to know if he has picked it up..so anyone that has picked up his or hers can please tell me if status changes to pickup or does it remain "ready for collection" even after pickup
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
dotun474: Can anyone who applied for uk visa and picked up their passport tell me if the status changes to picked up or something?
I invited my friend to uk and he applied at vfs lekki. He gave me his vfs reference number and dob to also track for him. It has been 4 days now since it says it is ready for collection, but my friend is incommunicado. I just want to know if he has picked it up..so anyone that has picked up his or hers can please tell me if status changes to pickup or does it remain "ready for collection" even after pickup
Thanks
Very reasonable enquiry; i hope someone answers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
[b][/b] VicJustice, Justwise, kindly help wit d quoted question pls. Tnx.
beejaybida: Tnx vicjustice. My acct has transactions in excess of 2.5m for d 6months period aside frm d FD. These transactions r traceable to employers frm d bank narrations. Aside frm d FD d acct has abt 300k balance. Wat I ask is, shld i liquidate d FD and credit ma salary acct whr it came frm, so dat d balance wld be over 1m or I can leave d FD, apply wit acct statement plus d FD cert? Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
If it has been picked up, the status will change to reflect that.

dotun474: Can anyone who applied for uk visa and picked up their passport tell me if the status changes to picked up or something?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2012
beejaybida: Tnx vicjustice. My acct has transactions in excess of 2.5m for d 6months period aside frm d FD. These transactions r traceable to employers frm d bank narrations. Aside frm d FD d acct has abt 300k balance. Wat I ask is, shld i liquidate d FD and credit ma salary acct whr it came frm, so dat d balance wld be over 1m or I can leave d FD, apply wit acct statement plus d FD cert? Tnx
You could have written this in standard English, i'm struggling to understand your "text-speak" here.
Well, i believe your question was answered in my earlier post to Parry1978 question; i quote:
Vicjustice: You made a mistake for depositing the N550.000 into your account; that action is called "Money Lodgement" which is an express ground for visa refusal. Read the visa refusal letter carefully and you would see that the ECO did not refuse your application because "he is not sure" that the money belongs to you, rather for the fact that you committed a violation known as money lodgement (you deposited lump sum of money into an account which apparently stood in isolation) for presentation purpose.

Like i explained, the ownership of the fund is irrelevant, so proving that the money belongs to you would be a waste of time; this particular account does not meet the requirement of an acceptable bank statement so, you can not apply for a visa with it.
This is how it works: an acceptable bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hello Justwise
I am got a place for a summer course in cambridge from the 8th to the 13th of july and all expenses of the course accommodation and feeding have been awarded to me as a scholarship. I just need to take care of my flights to and fro. I like to know what kind of visa am to apply for and the application fees. I also intend to use a sponsor's statement of acct since I dnt have enough funds in my account.
I need your advise and comment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
Can anyone tell me, as I have been through the UK. Gov web site with a fine tooth comb, if I claim family tax credits and working tax credits are these classed as public funds and would stop my husbands appeal going ahead, as everyone who earns less than £30000 pa in the UK is entitled to make a claim?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotun474: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
Arobake: If it has been picked up, the status will change to reflect that.

Did you personally check? Or is this an assumption?
Can anyone else confirm if status changes after pickup? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
oyejohn: Hello Justwise
I am got a place for a summer course in cambridge from the 8th to the 13th of july and all expenses of the course accommodation and feeding have been awarded to me as a scholarship. I just need to take care of my flights to and fro. I like to know what kind of visa am to apply for and the application fees. I also intend to use a sponsor's statement of acct since I dnt have enough funds in my account.
Na wah o; you are asking Justwise "what kind of visa that YOU should apply for", and how much it cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
shooqueen: Can anyone tell me, as I have been through the UK. Gov web site with a fine tooth comb, if I claim family tax credits and working tax credits are these classed as public funds and would stop my husbands appeal going ahead, as everyone who earns less than £30000 pa in the UK is entitled to make a claim?
If you claim what is rightfully yours, you are not resorting to public funds. Such tax credit is not the same thing as going to Social Welfare office to obtain benefits or allowance, or any other supplementary fund on the ground of financial incapability
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
oyejohn: Hello Justwise

Hmmmm. . . for short courses like that you need student visitor's visa

You will get all the info here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
shooqueen: Can anyone tell me, as I have been through the UK. Gov web site with a fine tooth comb, if I claim family tax credits and working tax credits are these classed as public funds and would stop my husbands appeal going ahead, as everyone who earns less than £30000 pa in the UK is entitled to make a claim?

It will not stop the appeal, even if you are in full state benefit it wouldn't stop the appeal going ahead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
dotun474:

It says APPLICATION COLLECTED
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by saintkola(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
dotun474:

yes the status changes to "case closed" after pickup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.