Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,500 members, 7,904,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991389 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2012
[quote author=justwise]

Hmmmm. . . for short courses like that you need student visitor's visa

You willg get all the info here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/[/quote

Thanks sir I am now better informed. I need you to advise on the documents that you think would be necessary to get the entry visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2012
[quote author=oyejohn][/quote]

The info on the documents needed is in that link as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2012
justwise:

The info on the documents needed is in that link as well.
Good Day Justwise someone advised me to use a bank statement of a sponsor that has travelled before cos if I use someone who has not then the embassy may not be too sure that someone who has never travelled is sponsoring another person. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2012
oyejohn:
Good Day Justwise someone advised me to use a bank statement of a sponsor that has travelled before cos if I use someone who has not then the embassy may not be too sure that someone who has never travelled is sponsoring another person. Thanks

All lies and misleading information

What is your relationship with the sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2012
@ Justwise, Vicjustice & other experts

I need your advice on this:

My girlfriend's visa application was refused on the following grounds as stated by the ECO;

I recognize that your boyfriend in the UK proposes to bear the cost of your visit, however, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when making my decision.

You state that you are currently a student at xx university and that you intend to continue your studies after your trip to the UK. I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this claim. I note that you have submitted evidence of previous studies at this educational institute however theses documents make no mention of your studies continuing beyond your proposed trip. I am therefore not satisfied that you are currently enrolled on a course of study in Nigeria or that you will return to further your studies upon completion of your visit to the UK. I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as claimed.

She submitted a letter from her school identifying her as a final year student (though it didn't state graduation date), school id card, current session tuition fee receipt.

You have declined to state how you are supported in Nigeria in section 5 of your visa application form. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such information and evidence, you have not satisfied me, on the balance of probability, that your circumstances are as claimed, that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you.

She filled that part of the form stating that she is a full time student and receives income from family and friends and also stated that she spends around 35,000 naira per month on living expenses. She provided a 6 months bank statement with a turnover of about 450,000 though with little balance of about 45,000 naira.

You appear to have no independent means of support and have presented evidence of 45,823 naira. On the basis of evidence provided, you appear to have no dependant relatives and little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country. In light of the above, I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to satisfy me, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to leave the UK on completion of a short visa.

We intend to reapply ASAP. I've asked her to get a more detailed letter from her UNI stating her date of graduation. Her father died about a yr ago but has a company that is still functioning as well as some landed properties. She just told me that she has a letter of administration from a Federal High Court in the FCT making her and her mum administrators of her late father's asset. I have asked her to include the letter, her late dad's company's CAC certificate of incorporation, a letter from her mum supporting her application as well as relevant bank statements from the mum and the dad's company.

NB. I stated in the letter of invitation that I would bear the total cost and also provided bank statements with a total balance of a lil above 10k GBP as well as evidence of accomodation, communication etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2012
@ Justwise, Vicjustice & other experts

My girlfriend's visa application was refused on the following grounds as stated by the ECO;

I recognize that your boyfriend in the UK proposes to bear the cost of your visit, however, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when making my decision.

You state that you are currently a student at xx university and that you intend to continue your studies after your trip to the UK. I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this claim. I note that you have submitted evidence of previous studies at this educational institute however theses documents make no mention of your studies continuing beyond your proposed trip. I am therefore not satisfied that you are currently enrolled on a course of study in Nigeria or that you will return to further your studies upon completion of your visit to the UK. I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as claimed.

She submitted a letter from her school identifying her as a final year student (though it didn't state graduation date), school id card, current session tuition fee receipt.

You have declined to state how you are supported in Nigeria in section 5 of your visa application form. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such information and evidence, you have not satisfied me, on the balance of probability, that your circumstances are as claimed, that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you.

She filled that part of the form stating that she is a full time student and receives income from family and friends and also stated that she spends around 35,000 naira per month on living expenses. She provided a 6 months bank statement with a turnover of about 450,000 though with little balance of about 45,000 naira.

You appear to have no independent means of support and have presented evidence of 45,823 naira. On the basis of evidence provided, you appear to have no dependant relatives and little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country. In light of the above, I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to satisfy me, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to leave the UK on completion of a short visa.

We intend to reapply ASAP. I've asked her to get a more detailed letter from her UNI stating her date of graduation. Her father died about a yr ago but has a company that is still functioning as well as some landed properties. She just told me that she has a letter of administration from a Federal High Court in the FCT making her and her mum administrators of her late father's asset. I have asked her to include the letter, her late dad's company's CAC certificate of incorporation, a letter from her mum supporting her application as well as relevant bank statements from the mum and the dad's company.

NB. I stated in the letter of invitation that I would bear the total cost and also provided bank statements with a total balance of a lil above 10k GBP as well as evidence of accomodation, communication etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
nwabobo: @ Justwise, Vicjustice & other experts

The highlighted part was her problem, she should have included all that evidences before submitting the application for the first place, proving tie to Nigeria is very important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
justwise:

All lies and misleading information

What is your relationship with the sponsor?
. Thanks sir I have this brother who has a dollar account and a naira account but he has never travelled who am thinking of sponsoring me. Can I call you sir The sponsor is a friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
oyejohn: . Thanks sir I have this brother who has a dollar account and a naira account but he has never travelled who am thinking of sponsoring me. Can I call you sir
The sponsor is a friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by avril04: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
hello there i really need some help as soon as possible, i have a big problem with regards to my boyfriends legal status in the uk ,this is a long story so bare with me by the way im english ! ,, okay well my boyfriend is from nigeria and came to the uk 5 yrs ago on a work visa sponsored by his uncle who lives in england from nigeria , my boyfriends visa ran out about 6 months ago and the reason the visa was left so long being sorted out was due to the fact that his uncle was also dealing with his friends visa who he also sponsored originally and was sorting to renew his visa but due to being left late and the uncles change of address being different it was a problem so he no cannot use him as a sponsor ...he cannot ask the person he was working for here as he is currently sponsoring someone .....the plan would be for me to sponsor him but we have only been together 8 months . we also have another big problem as he is waiting for some backdated wages to fund the visa cost but are still waiting ..if we cant get the money together how can he sort out his visa or even go home when he does not have money for even a ticket to nigeria and i can not fund any of this ...any HELP PLS ....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2012
avril04: hello there i really need some help as soon as possible, i have a big problem with regards to my boyfriends legal status in the uk ,this is a long story so bare with me by the way im english ! ,, okay well my boyfriend is from nigeria and came to the uk 5 yrs ago on a work visa sponsored by his uncle who lives in england from nigeria , my boyfriends visa ran out about 6 months ago and the reason the visa was left so long being sorted out was due to the fact that his uncle was also dealing with his friends visa who he also sponsored originally and was sorting to renew his visa but due to being left late and the uncles change of address being different it was a problem so he no cannot use him as a sponsor ...he cannot ask the person he was working for here as he is currently sponsoring someone .....the plan would be for me to sponsor him but we have only been together 8 months . we also have another big problem as he is waiting for some backdated wages to fund the visa cost but are still waiting ..if we cant get the money together how can he sort out his visa or even go home when he does not have money for even a ticket to nigeria and i can not fund any of this ...any HELP PLS ....

Your boyfriend need to tell you the truth about his visa condition because what you narrated here now doesn't add up,to start with. . how much is his salary because he need to earning certain amount of money to be able to qualify for extension, if he came to the UK with work visa and its expires, his company in the UK will help him extend his visa IF he is still employed by the company and they are willing to retain him. His uncle got nothing to do with it, his sponsor is his company and not his uncle or you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
nwabobo: @ Justwise, Vicjustice & other experts

Be reminded that there are rules and regulations under which the protocol of visa application are decided; and in this case, your girlfriend did not meet the requirement by financial standard; the Education matter is merely an additional reason for the refusal, as the principal cause for the refusal is her financial circumstances. Now, the chances are, she would still be refused the visa if she goes ahead to apply for it while her financial circumstance remains the same.
I understand that you want to "bear the total cost...", and nothing seems to be wrong at your end, but bear in mind that it takes someone who is financially above the struggling level to invite a person who does not meet the requirements. Therefore, while you are capable of inviting her (or any other person), she (on her own) needs to meet the satisfying requirement on financial ground and must have good reasons to return to Nigeria for; the Visa Officer would not be encouraged to issue a visiting visa to an adult who is totally dependant on romance partner especially when the person is not one of respected calibre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
justwise:
Your boyfriend need to tell you the truth about his visa condition because what you narrated here now doesn't add up,to start with. . how much is his salary because he need to earning certain amount of money to be able to qualify for extension, if he came to the UK with work visa and its expires, his company in the UK will help him extend his visa IF he is still employed by the company and they are willing to retain him. His uncle got nothing to do with it, his sponsor is his company and not his uncle or you.
Well done JW, I must admit you've been doing great here. Well done
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 4:02am On Jun 05, 2012
Vicjustice:
Be reminded that there are rules and regulations under which the protocol of visa application are decided; and in this case, your girlfriend did not meet the requirement by financial standard; the Education matter is merely an additional reason for the refusal, as the principal cause for the refusal is her financial circumstances. Now, the chances are, she would still be refused the visa if she goes ahead to apply for it while her financial circumstance remains the same.
I understand that you want to "bear the total cost...", and nothing seems to be wrong at your end, but bear in mind that it takes someone who is financially above the struggling level to invite a person who does not meet the requirements. Therefore, while you are capable of inviting her (or any other person), she (on her own) needs to meet the satisfying requirement on financial ground and must have good reasons to return to Nigeria for; the Visa Officer would not be encouraged to issue a visiting visa to an adult who is totally dependant on romance partner especially when the person is not one of respected calibre

Thanks Vicjustice. But she is a full time non working student who is dependent on the family resources. She's only dependent on me for the purpose of this visit as the family is pretty ok. Do you think she stands a chance if she submits the letter of administration making her and her mum administrators of her late father's estate which includes a company which is a going concern as well as landed properties? At least I know they have a house in the FCT from which they earn rent income and the mum also runs her own business which is doing quite well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2012
Vicjustice: Well done JW, I must admit you've been doing great here. Well done

Thanks VJ, can only try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2012
nwabobo:

Thanks Vicjustice. But she is a full time non working student who is dependent on the family resources. She's only dependent on me for the purpose of this visit as the family is pretty ok. Do you think she stands a chance if she submits the letter of administration making her and her mum administrators of her late father's estate which includes a company which is a going concern as well as landed properties? At least I know they have a house in the FCT from which they earn rent income and the mum also runs her own business which is doing quite well.
You talk about her mum's circumstances, but she is an adult desiring to travel to the UK for pleasure; she is neither going to the UK for medical reasons nor for studies, nor is she going on a complimentary offer from her work place (these are the conditions in which sponsorship is considerable) otherwise, since she does not meet the requirement of a tourist/pleasure visitor on her own, you need to be an eminent figure to be capable of inviting her. Well, you can try your luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Jun 05, 2012
oyejohn: . Thanks sir I have this brother who has a dollar account and a naira account but he has never travelled who am thinking of sponsoring me. Can I call you sir The sponsor is a friend

If the general student visa rule is to be followed then a friend can not sponsor you, from the look of things, you are only using his bank statement for the visa application and the money will not be available to you in the UK.

You need to read the student visitor's guild-line carefully to know what the rule says about sponsorship, i haven't read it yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by elimokhai(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good afternoon Justwise,

I must commend your good work on Nairaland especially on UK visa, not even sure an ECO knows all that you know.

Let me be precise as far as I can.

I am applying for a visitor's visa.

Firstly: I have been refused in 2006 using the old passport. In the old passport I have two names there, E.G John Kunle, while in the new e-passport I have E.G John Mike Kunle both carrying my original date of birth. But I do not have the information of the refusal including the LAG number which was suppose to be included in my application. Please let me know if I am correct.

Question: Can i apply with the e-passport? do i include in my application if I have applied before or not? if yes, what should I do? how do I convince the ECO

Secondly: My marriage certificate was destroyed by water, so I was recently issued on June 1st with a " certified true copy" I intend to attach the sworn affidavit from high court which I used to obtain it, including the photocopy of the original which I still have with me.

Question: Hope the ECO will not think otherwise.

Thirdly: My bank statement has a balance of 1.8 for a visit of 3weeks. The account is well ran, deposit made mostly by me. It is a current account. Since I do not work, savings come from business which I run locally from sales of laptop, phones, and farming which I do locally.

Question: Hope the ECO will not assume I do not have evidence that the funds were genuinely earned?

Lastly: I have two kids, but obtain their birth certificates recently, I intend to write a cover letter to this effect stating reasons why I just obtain their certificates. I intend to write that during the course of compiling my travelling document for this trip. I misplaced the original copies of marriage certificate and the birth certificates on transit, that is the reason why I have the certified copy of the marriage certificate and the birth certificate which also have its own sworn affidavit which I intend to attach.

Question: woundn't the ECO think I obtain those document for the purpose of deceiving them? I also have the birth notice which was issued by the hospital.

Justwise, please I need your urgent response. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
elimokhai: Good afternoon Justwise,

I must commend your good work on Nairaland especially on UK visa, not even sure an ECO knows all that you know.

Firstly: I have been refused in 2006 using the old passport. In the old passport I have two names there, E.G John Kunle, while in the new e-passport I have E.G John Mike Kunle both carrying my original date of birth. But I do not have the information of the refusal including the LAG number which was suppose to be included in my application. Please let me know if I am correct.

Question: Can i apply with the e-passport? do i include in my application if I have applied before or not? if yes, what should I do? how do I convince the ECO

Secondly: My marriage certificate was destroyed by water, so I was recently issued on June 1st with a " certified true copy" I intend to attach the sworn affidavit from high court which I used to obtain it, including the photocopy of the original which I still have with me.

Thirdly: My bank statement has a balance of 1.8 for a visit of 3weeks. The account is well ran, deposit made mostly by me. It is a current account. Since I do not work, savings come from business which I run locally from sales of laptop, phones, and farming which I do locally.

Question: Hope the ECO will not assume I do not have evidence that the funds were genuinely earned?

Lastly: I have two kids, but obtain their birth certificates recently, I intend to write a cover letter to this effect stating reasons why I just obtain their certificates. I intend to write that during the course of compiling my travelling document for this trip. I misplaced the original copies of marriage certificate and the birth certificates on transit, that is the reason why I have the certified copy of the marriage certificate and the birth certificate which also have its own sworn affidavit which I intend to attach.

Question: woundn't the ECO think I obtain those document for the purpose of deceiving them? I also have the birth notice which was issued by the hospital.

Justwise, please I need your urgent response. God bless you.

First thing first. . . why were you refused a visa in 2006, its very important that u remember and state that in your visa application form, holding back such info will not help the outcome of your visa.

Is your business registered? Paying tax from your earnings? You work, your business is your work so the ECO will expect you to declare your earnings properly and taxed.

Yes you will be fine with the marriage certificate if you attached the photocopy of the original one, the new one and the affidavit, the same goes with your kids birth certificate but pls don't fail to explain to the ECO while you left it this late to obtain one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2012

There is no problem here especially as the latter passport gives additional information about you (something the embassy is always happy to obtain); you would have had a bit of a problem if the reverse is the case.

Yes, you can apply with the new e-passport, and yes, you are required to answer whether you have been refused a UK visa (or visa to any other country) before; not because they don't have your record, but because they want to judge your sincerity: so, it is ok to answer "YES" to the question "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED A UK VISA BEFORE", and to answer "I can't recall" to the question "IF YES, WHY"...

elimokhai: Secondly: My marriage certificate was destroyed by water, so I was recently issued on June 1st with a " certified true copy" I intend to attach the sworn affidavit from high court which I used to obtain it, including the photocopy of the original which I still have with me.

If you used your original marriage certificate in your previous visa application, then the embassy should retain a copy or scanned copy of same with them; it would be OK to use another version of the document as long as it is from an original source and the information and data are the same with what they have in record

Bank statement is a major factor of concern in visa application, if your account statement does not have details of the sources of income, then you may need to prove this by presenting other hard documents to prove your sources of genuine and taxed income; but be rest assured that the ECOs are very much aware of the fact that the majority of Nigerian business people, as well as employees do not have proper documentation of their origin or sources of income; so, if you are genuinely a business man, you should be fine to get through this obstacle

elimokhai: Lastly: I have two kids, but obtain their birth certificates recently, I intend to write a cover letter to this effect stating reasons why I just obtain their certificates. I intend to write that during the course of compiling my travelling document for this trip. I misplaced the original copies of marriage certificate and the birth certificates on transit, that is the reason why I have the certified copy of the marriage certificate and the birth certificate which also have its own sworn affidavit which I intend to attach.
Still no problem, but if i were you, i wouldn't bother about presenting affidavits with every hard document that i provide, there is just no need for that: or perhaps you also need to present affidavits for your new E-passport?
My friend, you don't need them, even in the west, people do loss documents and then get them replaced by different authorities issuing different version of same document: ask those in the USA

elimokhai: Question: woundn't the ECO think I obtain those document for the purpose of deceiving them? I also have the birth notice which was issued by the hospital.
The ECO would only think so if they have other reasons to suspect it, and you need to worry only if you are actually trying to deceive them otherwise, you have your hard evidence..., and in an unlikely event that your kids parentage are in question, DNA can prove you right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
Thanks Justwise am learning from this I had applied for a student visa in 2004 and denied on d grounds that my d statements I presented could not cover my expenses. I had thought I would leave that space blank but I think am going to include it now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by elimokhai(m): 5:53am On Jun 06, 2012
@Vicjustice. Thank you very much and God bless for the advice. I am applying this week. Learnt a lot from this and I hope I succeed. Yes I am ready to state to the ECO I have been refused in 2006, but the TRUTH is I have no record of the refusal i.e. the Lag Number, all I could remember was the hotel reservation wasn’t properly done and my finances weren’t right at that time, the refusal detail is a major problem to me. Maybe I can write a cover letter on this, or what do you advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2012
elimokhai: @Vicjustice. Thank you very much and God bless for the advice. I am applying this week. Learnt a lot from this and I hope I succeed. Yes I am ready to state to the ECO I have been refused in 2006, but the TRUTH is I have no record of the refusal i.e. the Lag Number, all I could remember was the hotel reservation wasn’t properly done and my finances weren’t right at that time, the refusal detail is a major problem to me. Maybe I can write a cover letter on this, or what do you advise?
You do not need to do all that, and like I explained earlier, the embassy does not really need to get this particular information from you, they have record of your previous application on file; they only ask that to judge your honesty; Trust me, it is ok to answer "I can not recall" to the question: "WHY"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by elimokhai(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
@Vicjustice and Justwise, you both will hear from me when my visa is out. You'll be highly rewarded not because of this particular attention you gave to me, but for the fact that you have assisted and helped a lot of people on this forum especially on UK visa related issues without demanding for a dime. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
elimokhai: @Vicjustice and Justwise, you both will hear from me when my visa is out. You'll be highly rewarded not because of this particular attention you gave to me, but for the fact that you have assisted and helped a lot of people on this forum especially on UK visa related issues without demanding for a dime. God bless.
Though, visa application outcome is not something that anyone can guarantee, but i will encourage you to apply for the visa as things are with you. And to do so, take a moment to consider these questions.
1) In your failed application, was there any mention of deception (attempt) such as the use of fake, arranged, exaggerated or tempered bank account statement? If the answer is YES, then, you are certainly under a 10 years ban even if they never advised you of it.
2) If there was no mention, did you involve the use of any such document, or give any misleading information? If you did, you may have been detected and given the ban
3) Have you calculated the general costs of the trip, if so, have you considered the percentage (of your savings) that would be left for you to sustain you (and your business) after you return?
4) Have you settled your accommodation? If so, may i asked what you have arranged? Please, feel free to tell me so i may access it (i don't need to know the address, but it would help if you give me details of the kind of accommodation that is available for you)
5) Have you worked out the places of interests that you would be visiting in the UK? If not, you need to do that now because, you would be asked Why you want to visit the UK, [b]What you would be doing in the UK and where would you be visiting. Note: an ECO can refuse anyone a visa if s/he has little or no knowledge of the places of interest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
@vicjustice, many thanks for your response,however i have two new questions;
1.my company pay for my house allowance (like in bulk) and this is traceable as it is paid into the salary account thou over the counter,is it relevant to get copies of such allowances attached in my application?

2.my organization makes a deduction of 750 (seven hundred and fifty naira) as tax deducted from every staff salary,they pay this deduction in bulk to tax office so the certificate hence is issued in the name of the company,do i need to get a copy of dis tax certificate or do i need a new tax clearance for my personal self?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
Just wanted to inform the house that I was given a 6 months visa today. The forum was helpful with some of my inquiries but even the forum has its limitations.
While I read the whole thread from the old one to the new one, there was no one who could provide me answer to some of my questions. So every other intending visitor that doesn't get answers to his or her questions, please note that there are also other forums too that may answer your questions ( don't know if I can put links here)... since it is the same uk visa application form for everyone that requires a visa ( tourist visa, I mean). I got like 80% of the tips from this thread and when I was hooked and the forum couldn't provide answers I searched for other travel forums, put up my questions, got suitable answers, submitted my application, took 20 days ( including weekends and public holidays) and was given the visa...once again thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread, I will henceforth contribute where I can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
dotun474: Can anyone who applied for uk visa and picked up their passport tell me if the status changes to picked up or something?
I invited my friend to uk and he applied at vfs lekki. He gave me his vfs reference number and dob to also track for him. It has been 4 days now since it says it is ready for collection, but my friend is incommunicado. I just want to know if he has picked it up..so anyone that has picked up his or hers can please tell me if status changes to pickup or does it remain "ready for collection" even after pickup
Thanks

It will read

Status  Application collected
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2012
franknero488: Just wanted to inform the house that I was given a 6 months visa today. The forum was helpful with some of my inquiries but even the forum has its limitations.
While I read the whole thread from the old one to the new one, there was no one who could provide me answer to some of my questions. So every other intending visitor that doesn't get answers to his or her questions, please note that there are also other forums too that may answer your questions ( don't know if I can put links here)... since it is the same uk visa application form for everyone that requires a visa ( tourist visa, I mean). I got like 80% of the tips from this thread and when I was hooked and the forum couldn't provide answers I searched for other travel forums, put up my questions, got suitable answers, submitted my application, took 20 days ( including weekends and public holidays) and was given the visa...once again thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread, I will henceforth contribute where I can
Congrats and thanks for Sharing your testimony and for expressing you bit of disappointment. But won't it be great if you also share the matters that you learned from other forums so that people here would gain more knowledge?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 9:46am On Jun 07, 2012
Vicjustice: Congrats and thanks for Sharing your testimony and for expressing you bit of disappointment. But won't it be great if you also share the matters that you learned from other forums so that people here would gain more knowledge?

No, I was not disappointed, I just realised like every other thing in life, sometimes there are limitations and hence I had to seek answers elsewhere

These are my questions which couldn't be answered here but which i got answers from other travel forums

franknero488: In the form, after I select self employed, it asks for " name of the company or organization you work for" but I don't have any company registered nor do I work for a company, I just trade stocks and forex online through my broker.....so how do I fill this?

Also it is asking "what is your work address" but I trade forex at my house, since all I need a functional computer and Internet access and for stocks I just call my broker or send him a mandate by email

Also " what are your employers telephone number and email address" do I put my broker's details or leave them blank,

Anyone knows the solution?
For name or organization you work for in the same circumstance like mine, put your full name
Address, put your home address,
Employer's phone number , put your phone number
And email address put your email address
I wanted to leave them blank and explain in space 9.1, but someone on another forum warned me not to but should put all those details if I don't want to be refused because in the Uk they recognize that there are sole traders and work at home self employed people

Also for forex traders, it is not tax free in Nigeria, it is 10% from your profits made and if you trade stocks you must also submit a copy of the capital gains tax act of Nigeria to prove to the ECO that stock trading is tax free in NIgeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2012
franknero488:

No, I was not disappointed, I just realised like every other thing in life, sometimes there are limitations and hence I had to seek answers elsewhere

These are my questions which couldn't be answered here but which i got answers from other travel forums

For name or organization you work for in the same circumstance like mine, put your full name
Address, put your home address,
Employer's phone number , put your phone number
And email address put your email address
I wanted to leave them blank and explain in space 9.1, but someone on another forum warned me not to but should put all those details if I don't want to be refused because in the Uk they recognize that there are sole traders and work at home self employed people

Also for forex traders, it is not tax free in Nigeria, it is 10% from your profits made and if you trade stocks you must also submit a copy of the capital gains tax act of Nigeria to prove to the ECO that stock trading is tax free in NIgeria
Thanks for sharing.
But to be honest, i didn't see your questions when it was posed, and i don't think other competent people here paid attention to it; and i will not be surprised that they were unwilling to answer them not because they don't know the answers, but perhaps because, they think the answers are easy enough for you to know how to answer them without help: And actually, i would have trusted that you could sort that out yourself without searching the net for assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.