Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,943 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212857 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ohkingdavid(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
@ All, I sense most of you guys succeeded in getting your admission to Canada through nairaland members; Abeg how can I get assistance as I desire to further my education in Canada but the wahala be say the tuition is too high for me or is it that I have not been able to find a cheap skool? and moreso, this post is of 3 months more, are you guys still updating?
Please can any1 be of assistance to me in getting a cheap skool & must I sit for TOEFL,GMAT or IELTS?
I need help as to getting visa to improve my self & be able to support my family as this dream has been in me since I know my left from right, abeg let someone help me.
If you must contact me for further "sincere & truthful" support, you can reach me on : ohkingdavid2@gmail.com...Abeg, I no get money for fraud oooo...God bless you IJN.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:55am On Mar 24, 2012
ohkingdavid: @ All, I sense most of you guys succeeded in getting your admission to Canada through nairaland members; Abeg how can I get assistance as I desire to further my education in Canada but the wahala be say the tuition is too high for me or is it that I have not been able to find a cheap skool? and moreso, this post is of 3 months more, are you guys still updating?
Please can any1 be of assistance to me in getting a cheap skool & must I sit for TOEFL,GMAT or IELTS?
I need help as to getting visa to improve my self & be able to support my family as this dream has been in me since I know my left from right, abeg let someone help me.
If you must contact me for further "sincere & truthful" support, you can reach me on : ohkingdavid2@gmail.com...Abeg, I no get money for fraud oooo...God bless you IJN.

Cheers

Lemme ask you some questions?
1. How much is too much for a Tuition.
2. Are you actually qualified to continue your education in Canada?
3. How much is a school has to be for you to consider that school being cheap.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 2:20am On Mar 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lemme ask you some questions?
1. How much is too much for a Tuition.
2. Are you actually qualified to continue your education in Canada?
3. How much is a school has to be for you to consider that school being cheap.

These are good questions. From the reports i have read from the threads, I would say the following are the most important:
Eligibility to be accepted as a bonafide student i.e. you are truly going to be a student in canada and the connection between your present qualification and proposed subject
Ability to cover your tuition fees for the period esp. if it's pgd/msc
Proof that you will return after your studies
Be in good health
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 2:24am On Mar 24, 2012
[quote author=Noswaa][/quote]

I think Noswaa must really be thinking about how to convince the visa officer about the benefits your husband's friend stands to gain in sponsoring you. I suggest he puts his cash in your account or your husband's as that is straight forward either as a self-sponsored applicant or your husband sponsoring you.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2012
lekibraky: Hello house I av been following ur post travelling to canada from part one to part two I must confess U̶̲̥̅̊ guys are duin wonderful job infact this site is †ђξ best site nigeria ever produced.
I just applied to a university in canada and I want to knw if I can still meet sept admission and I want a good statement of interest to catch d attention of d sch to give me admission. Pls forward a good statement of interest to my box lekibraky4all@yahoo.com

You can still make september admission if you apply before May 1 as it is safer to allow a space of 4 months. You should try tp write your statement of interest yourself as it will vividly express what you think about the subject and why it captivates you. Usually such statement should be convincing enough to win an admission. You may include what you have done/learn in the line of the subject. Use terminologies that shows you have an idea of the subject and express what's most fascinating to you about the subject. You may then give to someone to help you edit. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 2:35am On Mar 24, 2012
rapheal2k9: @olaremy2k: Can u put up a scanned version of the police certificate cos im trying to get someone to do it for me in Nigeria.

You may also go to the immigration office after the criminal investigation HQ at alagbon close, Ikoyi. Those guys help out too for like 4k
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 2:40am On Mar 24, 2012
ifynne: Wow!!dis is the topic I have been looking for.I am new here just for info on admission into canadian university.Pls pals I have secondclass lower division and want to know if there is any canadian school that I can enroll for masters with my grade cos most schools require upper division.Answers plssssssssss

Try a PGD.PGD over there is viewed differently from how we view it here. It's more practical and hands-on. PGD graduates are believed to be better trained for jobs. However, Msc graduates are so respected that they expect them to stay in academia
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 5:43am On Mar 24, 2012
I keep wondering if paying in lump sum into one's account won't attract questions from the embassy officials. Like paying in N1m 2 months before application. Do you have to explain the source.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 9:26am On Mar 24, 2012
Thanks Bamshy,but you know it is not easy and i told my husband dont have such huge amount of money,more suggestion needed
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2012
Why is it so hard to find a school in Canada that offers PGD for petroleum engineering? It seem to that there isn't much school over at Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2012
@all @newcca @naijasexy

My uncle is sponsoring my travel

What abt my parent what role do they have to play here.

What information will be required of my parent

Must the Guardian be my parent
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
J20: I keep wondering if paying in lump sum into one's account won't attract questions from the embassy officials. Like paying in N1m 2 months before application. Do you have to explain the source.

In my opinion, 1mm is just about $7k and may not attract suspicion if it's about 20-25% of the account balance unlike when it's 50% or more. Reading this thread for a long time, i have seen people whom the embassy would ask to come with another bank statement 3 months after application. The visa officers seem to do this to confirm if that lump sum has been returned back to the owner or it's truly meant for your studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
J20: I keep wondering if paying in lump sum into one's account won't attract questions from the embassy officials. Like paying in N1m 2 months before application. Do you have to explain the source.

I do not think the embassy is as rigid as one might think. Usually they do not probe that deeply about the source of money. A sudden transfer if 1M into the account should not stir up suspicion of any kind.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
2sexy: Why is it so hard to get PGD for Geology, Geophysics of Engineering related to petroleum, oil and gas etc in Canada?

Please, if anybody here knows, do let me know. Thanks.

Pal. I read your posts and I have little advice for you. Why don't you try an immigrant visa to Canada when you graduate. It may take a while to process but with a diploma in petroleum engineering, you might be lucky and get approved. Go to the Canadian embassy in Lagos and ask them about the immigrant visa program.

Just an advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2012
@naijasexy

My uncle is acting as my sponsor
What information do they need from my Parent
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Noswaa: Please help!i am now in the process to submit my visa application,am married but my husband is currently outside the country working as a Doctor with residence permit of that country,but the kind of money required for statement of account,he dont have it but his friend promised to be my sponsor,please suggest for me how i can state this in my visa application.Still waiting for response.Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
@newacca pls kindly send me your Phone Number to morrisjunior27@yahoo.com

I want to call you as i will be submitting my application in 2 weeks i need some clarification on some things.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by theopops: 6:08am On Mar 25, 2012
Question,
1 - what's the probability of getting a student visa once you've been sent to do medicals?
2 - is the student visa current as long as you are a student in Canada? Or do you have to renew it every time?
3 - how many years do you get? Does it depend on the years of study?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Olaisrich(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2012
My sincere regards to everyone on this thread! I am an HND holder in mechanical engineering who had been working in the Telecom sector (site building) for 4 yrs. Am married with a kid of about 2 yrs old, my wife just graduated with HND in Business Admin currently serving. The bottom line is that we love to immigrate to canada for pamanent residence, i need a step by step on how to go about it. Pls help!.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by AZeD1(m): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2012
@Newacca, @Fhemmmy, @justwise

You guys have been doing a great and i just want to ask you guys a question.
How do you prove you have landed documents without the C of O?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2012

You guys have been doing a great and i just want to ask you guys a question.
How do you prove you have landed documents without the C of O?
good question
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone and happy to bump into this beautiful thread.You guys are amazing!

Our lastborn wants to give study permit of Canada to study MSC Pharmacology or Biochemistry. We are considering Newfoundland and Saskatchewan. He did TOEFL last Friday just to help keep the record straight and weighty. He finished BSc Biochemistry last year with 4.14. I know we have to deal with the school first, could he still make it Sept.2012?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by prescogy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
pls u guys should permit me to ask a question about german visa
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by prescogy(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2012
my passport is virgin,my age doesnt realy look acceptable wen compard 2 my foto in my pp,am lik 30 bt wen u luk at me u wud tink am 20,wud dat b a prob 2 obtain a german visa,PLZ GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
ferdiii: Hi everyone and happy to bump into this beautiful thread.You guys are amazing!

Our lastborn wants to give study permit of Canada to study MSC Pharmacology or Biochemistry. We are considering Newfoundland and Saskatchewan. He did TOEFL last Friday just to help keep the record straight and weighty. He finished BSc Biochemistry last year with 4.14. I know we have to deal with the school first, could he still make it Sept.2012?
u need to calculate is 3 months to school resumption @ latest application time to apply for visa,if u choose,Memorial university of Newfoundland,i think u'll get multiple resumption dates,probably september and january dates,just apply to school and see how it goes.....my bosses here will explain much better
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2012
@olaremy2k

My passport will expire by 2013 Feb 12
And i am apply to for study permit next month for Sept 2012
What do u think abt my PASSPORT

and also

My Dad Friend is sponsoring me What kind of information will be required of him to prove that he will support my tuition fees
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
moty4all: @olaremy2k

My passport will expire by 2013 Feb 12
And i am apply to for study permit next month for Sept 2012
What do u think abt my PASSPORT

and also

My Dad Friend is sponsoring me What kind of information will be required of him to prove that he will support my tuition fees
......enquire if u can renew ur passport cuz the expiry is near,i think ur passport expiry shouldnt be lessthan @ least a year,but let more people talk about this issue cuz am not too sure.about ur dad's sponsoring u,what kinda job is he doing..salary earner or self employed and own a company?...i think i should know these before a can assist,moreso,check the canada website for necessary documents
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2012
@ moty4all....am sorry,i mean ur dad's friend
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2012
@olaremy2k,i asked a question related to the one you just commented but no answer yet,i will appreciate if you can look into my own case and reply me.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.