Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,921 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212849 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
Danyl: @umehart,thanks 4dt piece,i already cald nd dy said they r stil expectn my university transcript bt my alma matter is nw on strike. I'm settln wit them,i only have to wait.
@bamshy, thanks,i got the info, all my docs r in my former name, i didnt send any doc with a different surname tn d schl as palliative assumed,they r only delayn in returning mails due to d volumes of mails they receive everyday, though am stil waiting 4my alma mata to resume frm strike. I already knw d change of name wil cause certain ripple effect so am planning to use d new name,not dt I already used it,
@palliative thnks 4bn blunt,bt i av 2say dis, I neva usd my new name on my applicatn n my documents i submitted,so u only assummed that,though u may nt really undastnd me as much I would bt its alright. Thanks
Sorry buddy if I was too forward. I didn't assume, I only quated u ",bt if my dad's statemnt of acct is in reflecting d new name,my admissn letter bearing my new name and my certificates bearing my former surname,then there shouldnt be any problem".
Well, I wish u luck though. Just dat I wish u wouldn't make an effort that wouldn't give u what u want. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
@palliative, @newacca, @ all

can someone pls educate me on this tax clearance certificate of a tin, am working on one @ zenith bank which dy said its going to take three weeks. i did the minimal which goes for 4,650 naira per annum. To my surprise, a friend told me that a guy at the tax office told him that if am to use it at the embassy, i ve to go for 57,250 naira per annum and above. pls guys, how true is this? i ll be waiting for ur reply.....
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
Noswaa: @bamshy,thanks for your wonderful suggestions always,i have second class lower which it seems most schools in canada prefers second class upper and above for masters,so i decide to go for undergraduate in a related field,and i strongly believed that it is not a suspect for some body to have more than one bachelor degree which i knew one of my lecturers have about 3,and am going on transfer credit not starting from year one,and about the gain my husband friend may gain,does it mean some body cannot help one another without gaining for the benefit of humanity and God,and what of if i now take this my husband friend as my employer to sponsor me so that his company will benefit from my wealth of experience relating to economic matters of his business,again he have upgraded my account to a million naira and he will send some document to stand as my co sponsor,what do you think?thank you
It would have made more sense if ur husband did the sponsoring no matter how much he got in his account. At least, his friend could help in window dressing his account to make it fat..
In a situation where that seems impossible, canadian embassy doesn't give a damn about humanity and for d sake of God when it involves their visa and money issues. Even a distance cousin cannot sponsor u according to them sef let alone a family friend.
I would suggest u tag him as ur employer but when u do that, u still need to show evidence of employment with employment letter and payslip for d past 3 months.
The summary of d matter is that, "ur relationship with ur sponsor must be sufficient enough to allow funding". This was d basis for my denial d last time. So, its either ur parents, bor or sis, spouse or direct uncle and employer can sponsor u effectively.
As regards multiple degrees, its possible although it depends if u have had a B.sc, BA or so. U can even have 2 B.sc if d school supports that.
I have a friend who got a visa for an undergraduate studies at 27 years and as a transfer student as long as ur previous degree doesn't deviate from ur anticipated degree.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
caryoday: @palliative, @newacca, @ all

can someone pls educate me on this tax clearance certificate of a tin, am working on one @ zenith bank which dy said its going to take three weeks. i did the minimal which goes for 4,650 naira per annum. To my surprise, a friend told me that a guy at the tax office told him that if am to use it at the embassy, i ve to go for 57,250 naira per annum and above. pls guys, how true is this? i ll be waiting for ur reply.....
bro. He is right. D amount of tax u pay has to correspond with d amount u earn per annum.
I am working on mine too , infact, thinking of inflating it sef. Ur sponsor cannot produce a bank statement running in millions and then a tax clearance certificate worth 4K sumfin per annum..
If they unfortunately deny, they say this "discrepancies in sponsor information"
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ all,
I just got cald up 4 my medicals today.I submited on the 25th of january this year,my medical letter came in on the 17th of febuary but VAC 4got 2 update my page or send mail 2 that effect.I only cald them(VAC)this morning to ask them of my application and i was told to come over and collect my passport and my medical instructions.Can u imagine all this while i have been waiting! @ all,Pls is it late,since CDHC sent my medicals instructions on the 17th of febuary and i am going for my medicals on the 28th of march?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
Noswaa: @bamshy,thanks for your wonderful suggestions always,i have second class lower which it seems most schools in canada prefers second class upper and above for masters,so i decide to go for undergraduate in a related field,and i strongly believed that it is not a suspect for some body to have more than one bachelor degree which i knew one of my lecturers have about 3,and am going on transfer credit not starting from year one,and about the gain my husband friend may gain,does it mean some body cannot help one another without gaining for the benefit of humanity and God,and what of if i now take this my husband friend as my employer to sponsor me so that his company will benefit from my wealth of experience relating to economic matters of his business,again he have upgraded my account to a million naira and he will send some document to stand as my co sponsor,what do you think?thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by y2kjoerami: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
Please I strongly need advice on what to do.I graduated with a CGPA of 2.7/5 and I wanted to do my masters in any school in canada or the usa,I intend going for a masters degree to complement my Low CGPA.The question is. Is it necessary for me to go for the masters here?What can I do, that my CGPA is killing me. House please advice me.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
Thanks,let me use him as my employer,that will be better then my husband co sponsor thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
y2kjoerami: Please I strongly need advice on what to do.I graduated with a CGPA of 2.7/5 and I wanted to do my masters in any school in canada or the usa,I intend going for a masters degree to complement my Low CGPA.The question is. Is it necessary for me to go for the masters here?What can I do, that my CGPA is killing me. House please advice me.

There are always ways to make it happen.
There are few schools in Canada where you would be able to achieve your dream, as long as you are able to meet all other requirements.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Bamshy,i sent you mail with the email you gave to me but it bounced back,pls cross check.now you said about pay sleep,i ask him about pay slip,he told me that he dont pay his workers with that bc he deals in building materials and formerly a bank,how can u suggest abut the pay slip in question.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by omosanyaolak(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
@paschal137, congratulations. Its nt too late. You will wait for 2 to 4 wks after you medicals for your visa if there is no complication. When is your start date? Go for your visa bro, God will finish what he started.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2012
@palliativ, thanks alot 4all advices. I really appreciate it all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
Paschal137: @ all,
I just got cald up 4 my medicals today.I submited on the 25th of january this year,my medical letter came in on the 17th of febuary but VAC 4got 2 update my page or send mail 2 that effect.I only cald them(VAC)this morning to ask them of my application and i was told to come over and collect my passport and my medical instructions.Can u imagine all this while i have been waiting! @ all,Pls is it late,since CDHC sent my medicals instructions on the 17th of febuary and i am going for my medicals on the 28th of march?

Congratulations! That is good news. Goodluck, man.
This shows that VAC is not always efficient and one has to call them from time to time for update.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by eo2002: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Pascal congrats... give me you email again please am still waiting to hear from them.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
eo2002: @Pascal congrats... give me you email again please am still waiting to hear from them.
Hope you have called them. See how they delayed Pascal's medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ omosanyaolak,
Thanks Bro! Na God do am o! My start date is 7th of may,dis year.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ J20,Eo2002,All,
Thanks all.Hope to get my visa soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
I did part of my medicals today,will finish it up by 2moro by Gods grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Paschal37 Congrats!! could you list the docs you used when you submitted your application
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
@palliative, and all,
the amount is nt always stated on the tax clearance certificate, how would dey know? and pls palliative, how do you want to do urs? put me through.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2012
forgot to say congratulations to paschal 37, am so happy for you and i pray we here more of this from this thread. Also pls, kindly list out the docs u used so it can be of benefit to all. thanks and once again, congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
@caryoday . I might be able to shed some light on the tax clearance matter. For sponsors who are self employed, the amount paid is determined by your biz. School , hotel and hospital owners pay a specific amount..owners of Auditting companies pay a specific amt. For employees i think its pay as you earn so tax is paid based on what you earn.. And concerning verification there is a number on your tax card , the embassy just needs to go the website e.g if its ogun state its irs-ogun.com enter the no and have access to your info
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Sir p,
My offer letter
My passport
All my educational qualifications(certificate)*All original*
Letter of sponsorship from my sponsor(mum)
Affidavit of support from my sponsor
My bank statement(past 6 months)
My sponsors bank statement(past 6 months)
Documents of my sponsors properties(land,shops.....)*All original*
My sponsors marriage certificate
My birth certificate
All my siblings Birth certificates
Family pictures
Pictures of my sponsors business
Documents of my sponsors shares
Telex copy of my tuition fee payment from GT Bank
Tuition fee teller from GT Bank
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
@caryode,
Thanks Bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
@paschal137 you didnt include your sponsor's tax clearance and company registration??
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Sir P,
I did not,but i included monthly clearance receipts and receipts for gov levy payments from her business and shops....
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
okay smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
Paschal137: @Sir p,
My offer letter
My passport
All my educational qualifications(certificate)*All original*
Letter of sponsorship from my sponsor(mum)
Affidavit of support from my sponsor
My bank statement(past 6 months)
My sponsors bank statement(past 6 months)
Documents of my sponsors properties(land,shops.....)*All original*
My sponsors marriage certificate
My birth certificate
All my siblings Birth certificates
Family pictures
Pictures of my sponsors business
Documents of my sponsors shares
Telex copy of my tuition fee payment from GT Bank
Tuition fee teller from GT Bank

Congrats bro. So all the CAC cert, tax clearance stuff were unnecessary? Just d pictures covered everything.
And uhmm, was it mandated by ur school for u to pay ur tuition or u did it by ur own intuition?
Are u going for a post graduate or undergraduate studies?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
Thanks Bro! Its a PGD program.Its Part of the schools requirement b4 dey send ur offer of admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Paschal137,
Congrats Bro. U r almost there. smiley

@palliative,
Biz.registration dox is necessary if ur sponsor is running personal biz or company oooo. Pls. dnt shoot urself @ d leg comparing to other's case. Remember cases are treated individually. Moreso,paschal137 might have 4gotten to list this dox. dunno abt Tax cert cos I used VAT letter only. but u need to proof evidence of biz. if ur sponsor has biz or company. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Newacca,
Ur de man,thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lillaowow(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
palliative:
I suppose as a transfer student right?

ogbeche77:
But u said u re in Ur finals here in naija.. Why not apply 4 post grad?

NO, not a transfer student
and Yes I'm in my Finals. my mum also tried to convince me to go for a masters degree instead BUT I've given it much thought
and i prefer to go for another undergraduate study(age isn't yet against me)
Moreover, my sponsor(s) isn't/aren't objecting

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.