Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,409 members, 7,920,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214038 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
sheegxy: Hello guys pls i need assistance on getting a canada visa.i have a friend in canada that is a citizen of canada and also resides in canada who is ready to sponsor and also give an invitation but dont know the steps to take can u please throw some limelights into this as in steps to take will b grateful
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
Somebody please help on my post I need infos seriously
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
@segzy,if you applying as a student then you dont need the letter of invitation,process the student route, that will be better for you instead of going as a visitor, however it all depends on you as a person, what ur interests are. since he is ready to sponsor you. if you get there as a visitor you might have to come back to nigeria to process a student visa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by earthgreeners(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
earthgreeners: @all..I wish to start process to study at masters level in canada next year fall 2013.I am 24 yrs and have a 2.1(4.39) at undergraduate level. I'm currently on nysc and wld finish by october. My brothers are going to be my sponsor .one of them works in a bank and the other owns a private company .what documents do I need to submit to canada embassy to brighten my chance of gettin a study permit.most especially proof of sufficient fund and strong ties I wanna prepare in advance. Thanx all

plz help on dis post
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
@earthgreener pls mail me or add me on: braveheart4life1973@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
@earthgreener pls mail me or add me on messanger : braveheart4life1973@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
earthgreeners:

plz help on dis post
you stand a chance brova. u can check the website of CDHC for list of dox. u need to apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
Danyl: @segzy,if you applying as a student then you dont need the letter of invitation,process the student route, that will be better for you instead of going as a visitor, however it all depends on you as a person, what ur interests are. since he is ready to sponsor you. if you get there as a visitor you might have to come back to nigeria to process a student visa.
Thanx a lot danyl just need to get to canada first then I can arrange for other things what are the requirements to apply for when one has a sponsorer in canada that is inviting and when one does not have the person as a sponsorer but wants to help with just invitation letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mykey: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hi all,

This is actually my first time in this forum and I must say I am really impressed. I finished with a 3.70/5.0 CGPA in Computer Science from UNILAG and have a +4yrs working experience in the IT field working in a bank. I intend to study IT security in Canada (Jan 2013)in UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology). I have submitted all my documents after a thorough search of schools offering a masters in computer/IT security in Canada and only found 2 - UOIT and concordia university college of Alberta.

UOIT is a 1yr program, unlike concordia which is 2yrs, and that's why I favour it. I wish I had a lot of university option in this field. Anyways, apart from what I have seen on the school's website and other internet write-ups, which are interesting, I would want to know more from people in this forum about UOIT and also of Concordia university college of Alberta. Is anyone studying there right now or is there anyone with an interest to study in UOIT or has some vital info on these schools?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by johann86: 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hi everyone,i finally was able to register and login to this site successfully,i'd like to make some enquiries please as i would be submitting my application next month(May for september intake to a college in canada for post-graduate studies, chosen course "international business management" for a period of 12months) for a student permit. My dad's a medical doctor(surgeon) with his own hospital in abuja and my mum a caterer, My mum is my sponsor, here are the list of docs i have currently.
1. application form, family form, questionaire, doc checklist, 2 passport fotos and international passport
2. waec, neco, b.eng information tech cert, nysc cert, ccna cert, my cv, official undergraduate trancript, admission letter to canadian college
3. Birth cert, police clearance cert
4. recommendation Letter from current employer (dads company), introduction letter from dad using his properties(3 plots of land) valued at 12million,memorandum of association, cert. of incorportion of dds clinic
5. affidavit letter from sponsor(mum), sponsors letter claiming responsibility for my study, sponsors bank statement(savings account showing 2 million naira available balance), fixed deposit of 4 million for my study abroad.
6. Statement of purpose (yet to be drafted)

please based on the info above i'd like 2 know if there's something missing in this application....secondly i'd like someone to please help me with a sample "statement of purpose letter" P.S my B.eng is in Information and comm. tech and my intended course in canada is International Business management for 12 Months
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by denniscla: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
johann86: Hi everyone,i finally was able to register and login to this site successfully,i'd like to make some enquiries please as i would be submitting my application next month(May for september intake to a college in canada for post-graduate studies, chosen course "international business management" for a period of 12months) for a student permit. My dad's a medical doctor(surgeon) with his own hospital in abuja and my mum a caterer, My mum is my sponsor, here are the list of docs i have currently.
1. application form, family form, questionaire, doc checklist, 2 passport fotos and international passport
2. waec, neco, b.eng information tech cert, nysc cert, ccna cert, my cv, official undergraduate trancript, admission letter to canadian college
3. Birth cert, police clearance cert
4. recommendation Letter from current employer (dads company), introduction letter from dad using his properties(3 plots of land) valued at 12million,memorandum of association, cert. of incorportion of dds clinic
5. affidavit letter from sponsor(mum), sponsors letter claiming responsibility for my study, sponsors bank statement(savings account showing 2 million naira available balance), fixed deposit of 4 million for my study abroad.
6. Statement of purpose (yet to be drafted)

please based on the info above i'd like 2 know if there's something missing in this application....secondly i'd like someone to please help me with a sample "statement of purpose letter" P.S my B.eng is in Information and comm. tech and my intended course in canada is International Business management for 12 Months

Goto www.statementofpurpose.com and view samples. U need a tax clearance cert 2geda with cert of incorporation.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
sheegxy:
Thanx a lot danyl just need to get to canada first then I can arrange for other things what are the requirements to apply for when one has a sponsorer in canada that is inviting and when one does not have the person as a sponsorer but wants to help with just invitation letter.
Somebody pls help with the requirements to apply for when one has a sponsorer in canada that is inviting and when one does not have the person as a sponsorer but wants to help with just invitation letter and will so much appreciate thanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
@All,
Dis is wat i just saw after tracking my application now......(Your application reference number <number> is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 17/04/2012)
Wat do u guys think it means?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
@Paschal137

I think is time 4 u to travel to CANADA.. Go and pick up ur docs CONGRATS
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
@pascal,pls go collect your visa come give us drink,congratulations with faith
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
Paschal137: @All,
Dis is wat i just saw after tracking my application now......(Your application reference number <number> is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 17/04/2012)
Wat do u guys think it means?

I'm sure its what we are hoping for. Got get ur trv bro
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
;Dcongrats paschal..........go pick up ut trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
@all,
Thanks guys. Will go 2 dere office 2moro.I will yan u all 2moro.My God dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will talk to one of their interviewers and let you know . . . But i dont see a reason why it should be a problem

@fhemmmy,am still waiting for the information
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mykey: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
mykey: Hi all,

This is actually my first time in this forum and I must say I am really impressed. I finished with a 3.70/5.0 CGPA in Computer Science from UNILAG and have a +4yrs working experience in the IT field working in a bank. I intend to study IT security in Canada (Jan 2013)in UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology). I have submitted all my documents after a thorough search of schools offering a masters in computer/IT security in Canada and only found 2 - UOIT and concordia university college of Alberta.

UOIT is a 1yr program, unlike concordia which is 2yrs, and that's why I favour it. I wish I had a lot of university option in this field. Anyways, apart from what I have seen on the school's website and other internet write-ups, which are interesting, I would want to know more from people in this forum about UOIT and also of Concordia university college of Alberta. Is anyone studying there right now or is there anyone with an interest to study in UOIT or has some vital info on these schools?

Thanks.

Can anybody please respond to my post.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mykey: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2012

Thanks.

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
mykey:

You may not get info from anyone that has info on UOIT as the school is just one of several schools in CA. Most of the questions that have been answered pertain to information that is of general concern. Meanwhile, can I ask what program you are going for? An MSc or a Post-graduate certificate? I ask because even though 3.7 on a scale of 5.0 is a good GPA, most CA unis wont take you in for MSc. But you will never be sure except you have applied so I say go on
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mykey: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2012

Thanks.

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
Noswaa:
@fhemmmy,am still waiting for the information

A busy day for me and was not at the office at all . . . Hopefully will look into it before the end of the week, but pls keep reminding me, cos man has too much on his plate.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
mykey:

UOIT is a great school . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mykey: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
dipo+:

You may not get info from anyone that has info on UOIT as the school is just one of several schools in CA. Most of the questions that have been answered pertain to information that is of general concern. Meanwhile, can I ask what program you are going for? An MSc or a Post-graduate certificate? I ask because even though 3.7 on a scale of 5.0 is a good GPA, most CA unis wont take you in for MSc. But you will never be sure except you have applied so I say go on

@dipo+

I appreciate your response. I applied for an MSc. program - Master of Information Technology Security MITS. A minimum academic standing of B (3/4.3 or 73%-76%) is required for the program. this puts me on a 3.1/4.3. You can view their site: http://www.gradstudies.uoit.ca/future_students/masters_programs/information_technology_security/.

I still am hopeful for more information on the program in Canada and the university.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

A busy day for me and was not at the office at all . . . Hopefully will look into it before the end of the week, but pls keep reminding me, cos man has too much on his plate.

@FHEMMMY,you know there is no time for me and am trying to start packing the application,i just stopped waiting to hear from you before any further thing.Please do it fast for me.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 12:25am On Apr 18, 2012
@paschal
My guy congrats I dey ur back this one don show say GoD no dey sleep o
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:38am On Apr 18, 2012
Noswaa:
@FHEMMMY,you know there is no time for me and am trying to start packing the application,i just stopped waiting to hear from you before any further thing.Please do it fast for me.thanks

I will surely work on it tomorrow . . . You know Nigerians are already in bed in Nigeria now. . . . Apologies, and please note that the delay is not on purpose, just been busy
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 7:50am On Apr 18, 2012
sheegxy:
Somebody pls help with the requirements to apply for when one has a sponsorer in canada that is inviting and when one does not have the person as a sponsorer but wants to help with just invitation letter and will so much appreciate thanx.
somebody please grant my request
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by VCTROKOYE: 7:57am On Apr 18, 2012
hi,
I want my place of work to give me study leave with pay which other letter or document apart from the study leave letter should I get?
Victor

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.