Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,563 members, 7,972,112 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215748 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
dr.slip:

​ You were pretty lucky brova, the luck will keep yu even on the interview

Amen to dat. hope u have it easy too. i'm planing on spring 2013.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
That's good you r planning really early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
dr.slip:

That's good you r planning really early.
[/quo

not really. i'm presently serving. would be thru with service dis november.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:45am On Feb 27, 2012
Supzyy:

@imperiouxx, It came as a huge pleasant surprise to me. I think a scanned copy was sent to my school from wes, cos the email address of the records dept is on the transcript n i guess they replied immediatly

Ok supzy, that's great then.

@summer and fall guyz,

Happy to hear you are doing good. Admission and visa will come by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 5:30am On Feb 27, 2012
@ imperiouxx AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Jamsmither: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2012
At house pls which canter should we keep off in abuja cuz my interveiw is today, thanks
dr.slip:

@ imperiouxx AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dannywest01: 11:26am On Feb 27, 2012
Hello house, I went for my visa interview at abuja and was denied with no tangible reason but i think its because of the community college i applied to, My other guy who was going to wayne county community college was denied as well, My interview goes thus:

VO: Can i have ur docS?
Me: Passed it to him
Vo: Why do you want to go to the us
Me: I want to go to the usa to study
Vo: Why the US
Me: because UsA has one of the best educational systems in the world
VO: Why did usa have one of the best educational system in the world
Me: Educational analyst made us understand that and also USA have colleges and Universities which have standard educational programs compared to nigeria
VO: Why do you have 30 months on your I20 instead of 24months?
Me: Well the school gave me that, I think i will be doing a 6 months OPT
VO: how many units are you offering
Me: 18 unites per semester
VO: well im sorry you do not qualify for student visa.
Me: Thanked him and left his post

I want to apply to a new school, do i have any chance? Pls help me house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2012
Why do you have 30 months on your I20 instead of 24months?

I think the Community school issue and also the fact that you mentioned 'I THINK' which means you are not sure and also mentioning 'OPT' personally i feel it indicates that you intend extending your stay. They expect you to return immediately after Ūя̲̅ completion of studies. Y dont you giv it anoda shot if that fails then check out anoda school. Also post Ūя̲̅ brodaz experience. Good luck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2012
dannywest01:

Hello house, I went for my visa interview at abuja and was denied with no tangible reason but i think its because of the community college i applied to, My other guy who was going to wayne county community college was denied as well, My interview goes thus:

VO: Can i have ur docS?
Me: Passed it to him
Vo: Why do you want to go to the us
Me: I want to go to the usa to study
Vo: Why the US
Me: because UsA has one of the best educational systems in the world
VO: Why did usa have one of the best educational system in the world
Me: Educational analyst made us understand that and also USA have colleges and Universities which have standard educational programs compared to nigeria
VO: Why do you have 30 months on your I20 instead of 24months?
VO: how many units are you offering
Me: 18 unites per semester
VO: well im sorry you do not qualify for student visa.
Me: Thanked him and left his post

I want to apply to a new school, do i have any chance? Pls help me house

How many times has it been said here, that using a community college for visa interview is a red flag? Some people nor dey hear word. sad sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
Check out this link i just pulled out. I think some1 posted something like tis earlier, Possible visa interview questions.http://studyusa.learnhub.com/lesson/13812-us-student-visa-interview-questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by omoshood65: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
t
dr.slip:

Check out this link i just pulled out. I think some1 posted something like tis earlier, Possible visa interview questions.http://studyusa.learnhub.com/lesson/13812-us-student-visa-interview-questions

thank u sir my visa was refuse today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2012

thank u sir my visa was refuse today

My guy dont worry i fink you should prepare well again and re-apply. Please post your interview experience.Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:26am On Feb 28, 2012
@dannywest01 and omoshood65,

Sorry to hear this and I hope you guys know that being denied before doesn't mean you are denied for life. Patch up any loophole and try again. The guy with Community College can give university admission a trial. Best of Luck next time.

@deevick,

Got your offline mehn, the reason is that there are much doing in school these days ni o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by freeR1: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2012
@all @imperiouxx Do grants, weather GA, Scholarships or fellowship normally reflect on the I-20? Usually, admission decisions are made and I-20 issued before grants decision are made, will the school reissue a new I-20 should the grant be granted? For embassy purpose; will a letter from the school stating the grants and benefits be enough for the embassy, if the old I-20 has to be used for visa assuming no reissue. @imperiouxx kindly let us know how urs was, if it was stated on your I-20 and how your school went about theirs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
Yea, I think it depends on individual school. As for me, I applied for my GA shortly after I applied for the admission and I was told the admission decision and the GA position the same time but when my I-20 came the first time, GA wasn't stated on it. Though there was another mistake on the I-20, so I asked for correction and the new I-20 came carrying the GA and the amount that was waived from my tuition but I lost my fall 2011 resumption in the process  grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by sensisosu: 6:25am On Mar 01, 2012
Hello Guys,

I dont know if this is the right place for me to make an enquiry, i have a K1 fiance visa interview very soon and i would like to know the likely question that will be asked and what are the things i need to take to the embassy,

thank you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
Well, i think you in the wrong place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:02am On Mar 02, 2012
Wishing all 2012 fall applicants the very best. I pray God who saw me through my processing days will see you through. Looking forward to read your success stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:58am On Mar 02, 2012
Me too, I dey pray for you guys ooo. If I can make it here to study, you too can be here and by God's grace your heart desire shall be granted this year. Mark my word.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:22am On Mar 02, 2012
imperiouxx:

Me too, I dey pray for you guys ooo. If I can make it here to study, you too can be here and by God's grace your heart desire shall be granted this year. Mark my word.

GboyegaD:

Wishing all 2012 fall applicants the very best. I pray God who saw me through my processing days will see you through. Looking forward to read your success stories.

Big Amen to that, you guys are great.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2012
Thanks imperiouxx and GboyegaD, yu guyz are wonderful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by sensisosu: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
na wa oo, una no fit help me for here, ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
na wa oo,  una no fit help me for here, ?
Werin b your question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
@house

as the school as giving me 50% off tuition SCHOLARSHIP AND was told it incudes boding food and books , BUT fresh student are also allowed to stay off campus . I AM HOPING TO STAY OFF CAMPUS , PLEASE CAN I HAVE THE FUNDS GIVING TO ME AS SCHOLARSHIP FOR MY BOADRING AND FOOD AS LOAN TO BE TURNED TO CASH FOR ME . OR WHAT ELSE CAN I MAKE THE FUND GO FOR .

PLEASE HOUSE LET ME KNOW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
as the school as giving me 50% off tuition SCHOLARSHIP AND was told it incudes boding food and books , BUT fresh student are also allowed to stay off campus . I AM HOPING TO STAY OFF CAMPUS , PLEASE CAN I HAVE THE FUNDS GIVING TO ME AS SCHOLARSHIP FOR MY BOADRING AND FOOD AS LOAN TO BE TURNED TO CASH FOR ME . OR WHAT ELSE CAN I MAKE THE FUND GO FOR .

PLEASE HOUSE LET ME KNOW

Why dont yu post this message on the 'student life in USA' thread since most peeps der are already in the US they will av betta info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
rowlandoo:

@house

PLEASE HOUSE LET ME KNOW

Rowland, if they say scholarship is towards ones education, such can't be catch as cash. Probably, you can ask that it's paid toward your tuition since you have accommodation and feeding in place. I doubt if they will allow you to stay off campus, some do it sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 8:24am On Mar 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

Rowland, if they say scholarship is towards ones education, such can't be catch as cash. Probably, you can ask that it's paid toward your tuition since you have accommodation and feeding in place. I doubt if they will allow you to stay off campus, some do it sha.

@ Rowland, adding to imperiouxx. In some cases, you may be allowed to stay off campus, but I have a concern about you. Why would you want to cash on 50% scholarship when you should be asking how you could add the balance after consolidation of the other benefits. Pls dont portray yourself negatively.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
@IMPERIOUX

thanks but i still would like to know if i can have them add the boadring and feeding funds towards my tuition , SINCE i am going to be taking care of the boarding and feeding myself , and Yes the gives the choice of staying off Campus .

@phy

Can i have them add the excess funds meant for my Boarding and feeding towards my tution. as i will be staying off Campus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
rowlandoo:

@phy

Can i have them add the excess funds meant for my Boarding and feeding towards my tution. as i will be staying off Campus
Sure! what happens in most cases is that your school account is credited; for example if you pay your 50% balance of the tuition, you'll then be reimbursed with the excess that is meant for your upkeep. Also look at it from this perspective, what if the school asks you to fulfill your part before fulfilling theirs, hope you're prepared for this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37am On Mar 04, 2012
rowlandoo:

@IMPERIOUX

thanks but i still would like to know if i can have them add the boadring and feeding funds towards my tuition , SINCE i am going to be taking care of the boarding and feeding myself , and Yes the gives the choice of staying off Campus .

@phy

Can i have them  add the excess funds meant for my Boarding and feeding towards my tution. as i will be staying off Campus

Sure banka!

phy:

Sure! what happens in most cases is that your school account is credited; for example if you pay your 50% balance of the tuition, you'll then be reimbursed with the excess that is meant for your upkeep. Also look at it from this perspective, what if the school asks you to fulfill your part before fulfilling theirs, hope you're prepared for this?

I think he was given an admission scholarship and such with be credited into his student account during enrolment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by oyewolejos(m): 5:25am On Mar 04, 2012
Anybody with info on the next available appointment dates in Abuja should kindly share. Just got an I-20 for my younger Bro and needs to make an appointment ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 5:38am On Mar 04, 2012
oyewolejos:

Anybody with info on the next available appointment dates in Abuja should kindly share. Just got an I-20 for my younger Bro and needs to make an appointment ASAP.

Let your brother request for expedited interview if dates before his resumption aren't available.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.