Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,087 members, 7,967,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215658 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
Manliness:

Hi Everyone, this thread has been of great assistance to me, thanks a lot, I have applied for undergraduate for this spring, but having problems with my Waec Cert, the DOB is a bit altered because of WAEC's mistake. I'm having concerns about presenting this to the embassy, I would like to know if theres anyway around it, would the embassy probably accept a confirmation of result issued from WAEC? or can I go with a printout and scratch card? is that accepted? Please guyz advise me on what to do, thanks.

I had the same problem, two years ago,  WAEC had a bogus DOB on my certificate. I thought of going to the interview with a fake result (i'm glad I didn't) I went with the original result with the wrong DOB and I was not even questioned about it. They questioned me more because my result looks fake!!!!

my advice, just go with your WAEC cert, your birth cert and your passport, if they ask why the difference tell them it was an error from WAEC and it usually takes time for them to adjust it. Immigration will believe what is on your passport than any other document. Good luck bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
sha_money:
please house,i got my acceptance package from one of the schools i applied to yesterday,i applied to other schools too,should i wait to hear from d oda skuls or do i go ahead and request i20 from dis 1st one,am goin for undergraduate fall 2012.
All the gurus pls help

Is tis Ūя̲̅ best choice school? If it is go ahead. If not maybe yu should just chill a little and hope you get acceptance from your best choice. If its taking 2 long then i think you should storm the embassy with the I-20 you have.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
@ house, , does anyone have an idea of possible questions that can be asked during a teaching and research assistanship interview? would it be purely academic or would other things be involved. Please help as i'm due to face one next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
@ All,

It's been a while that I have been here, but I am been reading peoples contributions on this forum and I must say it is really motivating, I have good news, I actually applie to study Under Grad in the Us last Spring 2011, Now I sent my supporting documents a bit late and I was ask if I had like to defer to either Summer or Fall 2012, I thought the Summer would be nice so I asked for them to defer to Summer 2012, Now I have just received a e-mail from the admissions office that I've been accepted.

Now my questions are, Do I go ahead to book appointment against Summer 2012 once I get my I-20 form? Would it just be nice that I take my time and wait till Fall 2012. I was advised by a friend that I should defer to Fall 2012 because he says that when the Us consulates grants more visa's to applicants.

At everyone I will need your advise on this before I turn my application in for Summer 2012, Thanks y'all I will be waiting for your meaningful contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
@dr. Slip
thank you,in dat case i have to wait a little while longer.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2012
@kaycome,

Good to hear you're through with WES now but why don't you upgrade to WES-ICAP. That was what I paid for and it costs me $209 mailing to first choice school inclusive. With this, they keep your evaluation on their system for long, so that when you need their services in the nearest future, you won't need to pass through this sending and long waiting process again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2012
Hello Good morning everyone

I am new here and I've been reading lots of meaningful contributions on this forum and I must say it is really motivating, I have good news, I actually applied to study Under Grad in the Us last Spring 2011, Now I sent my supporting documents a bit late and I was ask if I had like to defer to either Summer or Fall 2012, I thought the Summer would be nice so I asked for them to defer to Summer 2012, Now I have just received a e-mail from the admissions office that I've been admitted.

Now my questions are, Do I go ahead to book appointment against Summer 2012 once I get my I-20 form? Would it just be nice that I take my time and wait till Fall 2012. I was advised by a friend that I should defer to Fall 2012 because he says that when the Us consulates grants more visa's to applicants.

At everyone here, I will need your advise on this before I turn in my application in for Summer 2012 at the Us Consulate, Thanks y'all I will be waiting for your meaningful contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2012
iamcapela:

Hello Good morning everyone

I am new here and I've been reading lots of meaningful contributions on this forum and I must say it is really motivating, I have good news, I actually applied to study Under Grad in the Us last Spring 2011, Now I sent my supporting documents a bit late and I was ask if I had like to defer to either Summer or Fall 2012, I thought the Summer would be nice so I asked for them to defer to Summer 2012, Now I have just received a e-mail from the admissions office that I've been admitted.

At everyone here, I will need your advise on this before I turn in my application in for Summer 2012 at the Us Consulate, Thanks y'all I will be waiting for your meaningful contributions.

You don't need to defer your admission till fall if you're ready for summer. Though there are visa slots to be allotted possibly daily, but it has nothing meaningful to do with your resumption. So if you're good for summer then go for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2012
@phy

Thanks so much for your input, I really apric8.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by blossom84: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hello every one,am new here pls I wud info abt Masters in america and the average skl fees.I wud also like to kno if I can be given a visa with my 4months old baby if am goin 4 my masters.I wud lso like to kno if students are allowed to work while dey study
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
blossom84:

Hello every one,am new here pls I wud info abt Masters in america and the average skl fees.I wud also like to kno if I can be given a visa with my 4months old baby if am goin 4 my masters.I wud lso like to kno if students are allowed to work while dey study

'Info abt Msc in the US' looks ambiguous. You may need to specify your field of interest, state and many other stuffs so that the house could help you out. As per school fees $7k on the average depending on the location. You can visit www.findaschool.org, www.usnews.com etc. Furthermore, season one(, lol) of this forum could be very helpful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by omoshood65: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2012
hello house

how are u doing everyone am new to here i am 18 years i went to abuja in september but my visa was refuse by one tall white man canter 6 so now i have defer my admissin am going for undergraduate for spring pls i willl like to know what are question i should be expecting because i didn't prepare before going to abuja so pls now my appointment is lagos i look forward to hear from you soon thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2012
hello house

how are u doing everyone am new to here i am 18 years i went to abuja in september  but my visa was refuse by one tall white man canter 6 so now i have defer my admissin  am going for undergraduate for spring pls i willl like to know what are question i should be expecting because i didn't prepare before going to abuja so pls now my appointment is  lagos i look forward to hear from you soon thanks

Check previous messages on this thread you will see a lot of possible questions. Just scan tru the experiences of those that went to the embassy for spring this year. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 25, 2012
@ house, , does anyone have an idea of likely questions that might be asked during a teaching/ research assistanship interview? please reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 7:27am On Feb 25, 2012
@supzyy check out this link for graduate teaching assistanship interview
http://www.job-interview-site.com/teaching-assistant-interview-questions.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2012
I hope you find it useful. Just google it. I suggest you should also post on the USA student life thread since there are students who are already in the US they will probably have some experiences to add. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2012
thanks doc. i would check it out now. i just received my completed evaluation from wes. it was far better than i expected.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2012
@supzyy tats good. Approx how long has this taken? cos am still on mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 25, 2012
took about a month. wat's ur status sayin?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 7:52am On Feb 25, 2012
That waz really fast contrary to what I have heard. I heard approximately 2months. My status is still 'waiting for verification from institution'.Its actually respective schools that actually stretch the period since many Nigerian schools delay to reply when WES sends your documents for verification. My fingers are still crossed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ doc, just keep faith. i belive u'll get it soon. re u planing on spring 2012 or fall 2013?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2012
Fall 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02am On Feb 26, 2012
Supzyy:

took about a month. wat's ur status sayin?

That's weird! How long precisely? Saying about a month means not up to a month and I seriously doubt that. Even if you mailed through courier service they will reply your school through regular mailing. Mine took 1 month and 12 days.

@summer and fall guyz,

wassup nau?! Keep this place alive please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Jamsmither: 6:49am On Feb 26, 2012
At house pls which canter should we keep off in abuja cuz my interveiw is today, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 6:52am On Feb 26, 2012
@ imperiouxx the house is alive. We just fell asleep. We are gathering momentum for the interview. Nothing do us, lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2012
dr.slip:

@ imperiouxx the house is alive. We just fell asleep. We are gathering momentum for the interview. Nothing do us, lol

Yeah the house is alive, majority of us awaits admission decision. One of the schools I applied to won't be notifying applicants until April 1, that's really far.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2012
Yeah the house is alive, majority of us awaits admission decision. One of the schools I applied to won't be notifying applicants until April 1, that's really far

Guy, April 1st aint far. We gonna be in march in jus a couple of days. No fear I-20 is coming. Good luck to all of us waiting and hoping.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2012
dr.slip:

Guy, April 1st aint far. We gonna be in march in jus a couple of days. No fear I-20 is coming. Good luck to all of us waiting and hoping.

smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
@imperiouxx, It came as a huge pleasant surprise to me. I think a scanned copy was sent to my school from wes, cos the email address of the records dept is on the transcript n i guess they replied immediatly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2012
@imperiouxx,  It came as a huge pleasant surprise to me. I think a scanned copy was sent to my school from wes, cos the email address of the records dept is on the transcript n i guess they replied immediatly

That's very unlike WES cos wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sent my transcript for verification, they sent me a mail specifically saying 'photocopy'. And when after a while i contacted some1 in my school and they received it exactly 2 weeks after the mail was sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
dr.slip:

@imperiouxx,  It came as a huge pleasant surprise to me. I think a scanned copy was sent to my school from wes, cos the email address of the records dept is on the transcript n i guess they replied immediatly

That's very unlike WES cos wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sent my transcript for verification, they sent me a mail specifically saying 'photocopy'. And when after a while i contacted some1 in my school and they received it exactly 2 weeks after the mail was sent.

I wont know exactly wat happened. i also got a notification that a photocopy has been sent to my school, only to get another notification a few days later that my evaluation was in progress.,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
​ You were pretty lucky brova, the luck will keep yu even on the interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.