Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,427 members, 7,978,355 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

@yomi fola,

You see now? Associate which is lower than undergraduate with scarce success rate got theirs even being over aged how much more you. The trick is never relent, we can't say for sure how many times they've tried it.

Brov...it was their first experience o..But since all cases are not the same...you will get it..just try again but more carefully and prayerfully this time around ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

May I ask why don't you get the admission?

@ sha_money, oya come answer this imperiouxx question....you claimed you did Jamb and passed shei be? So why didn't you get admission into the university with it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
yomi fola: Helo house,i was denial 2day at lagos consulate.the guy jst dey denail evrybdy lik say we 1 go thief am country. Well shaa,in evrytin we jst v 2 giv thx 2 d Lord.this is hw it goes...
What do u wnt 2go n do in US?
2 study
wat major?
biz mgt
why dat major?
Bcz i wnt 2 b more innovative in biz creativity....
That was it oooo.d guy denail almst evrybdy xcept 1 baba wey 1 go meet him child 4 US.well shaaa,all is well

Sorry bro. . . . I suggest u reapply and put more details about ur interview, cos this could not have been all that went down
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

God bless you too. These people (walex and Imperiousxxx) you mentioned my name among are yankee peeps(walex just got his visa)me never do my interview yet ooo. Lol

But u've been active on this thread for almost 2yrs so ur a don
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

Haba! deevick. Soon nau, very soon.

I rely only on God's favour and Mercy. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
kpolli:

But u've been active on this thread for almost 2yrs so ur a don

Abi ooo, I have really been around for a while now. But now is just the right time for me to go for the interview. But Yankee F1 Visa, no be by how long one has been on this thread, its basically by the Favour and Mercy of God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Hello brov..my guess is that you graduated from the university since 2007 shey? If so, get a letter from your dad's coy stating that you have been working with him for that period of time i.e 3 or 4 years. However, I hope what you were doing is related to your intended major.How old are u sef? And what was your former course and your anticipated course? You must be very careful o.Let us analyze this together ok?

Dis is my first undergraduate admission. I neva go university before bro.I graduated from second school since 2007 and am 22.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
yomi fola: Helo house,i was denial 2day at lagos consulate.the guy jst dey denail evrybdy lik say we 1 go thief am country. Well shaa,in evrytin we jst v 2 giv thx 2 d Lord.this is hw it goes...
2 study
wat major?
biz mgt
why dat major?
That was it oooo.d guy denail almst evrybdy xcept 1 baba wey 1 go meet him child 4 US.well shaaa,all is well

Guy just take it easy it ain't the end...i feel about "why that major" question, you should have been more technical than just say you wanna be more innovative...everyone wants to be innovative...you should have talked about businesses and what prospects you'll have on your return...work on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

@ sha_money, oya come answer this imperiouxx question....you claimed you did Jamb and passed shei be? So why didn't you get admission into the university with it?

I tink dat question should be directed to jamb and d schools I applied to. I asked a straight forward question , no need for d joke. U wrote jamb and prolly got admitted and did ur undergraduate,good,I wasn't as lucky as u are. I tink dis is now my time. Abeg help answer my question though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

I rely only on God's favour and Mercy. Thanks.

deevick...i already know u've gotten it so just relax ok...we go share ur testimony
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
sha_money:

I tink dat question should be directed to jamb and d schools I applied to. I asked a straight forward question , no need for d joke. U wrote jamb and prolly got admitted and did ur undergraduate,good,I wasn't as lucky as u are. I tink dis is now my time. Abeg help answer my question though.

your answer is ok but i dey fear for undergraduate degree wey u wan go for ooo...but pls if you're gonna give this answer be ready also to answer this question that follows it..."what was/were your major functions at this company"?...you must be very convincing with your answer...hope you filled your job functions on your DS-160 form then if you did...say exactly what you filled there under employment....use body language when speaking don;t just stand idle...your demonstrations will go a long way in helping your confidence level....the job you are into here, is it in anyway related to what your wanna go for?....look for the link if you've not thought about it before...at 22 yrs you're still in line for an undergrad degree but ur confidence and comportment will play a great deal....know about the courses you're going to offer in your school....wish you all the very best....come share your testimony
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
sha_money:

I wasn't joking with your inquiry at all. Why would I? I didn't get your initial post well, I thought you said you were going for a second degree programme. Sorry for the mix up.
Now, on your inquiry, you said you graduated from secondary school in 2007 and you have since been helping your dad in his work/company, like dr.dolittle asked you already...hope what you have been helping doing for your has relevant with what you are going to study? If this is sorted and you tackle all the remaining likely questions, eg why the course, why the school? Bla bla. You get a lot of similar questions here. I think you should be fine. Best of Luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
walex57:

deevick...i already know u've gotten it so just relax ok...we go share ur testimony

Amen ooo. Thanks plenty my guy walex.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
walex57:

your answer is ok but i dey fear for undergraduate degree wey u wan go for ooo...but pls if you're gonna give this answer be ready also to answer this question that follows it..."what was/were your major functions at this company"?...you must be very convincing with your answer...hope you filled your job functions on your DS-160 form then if you did...say exactly what you filled there under employment....use body language when speaking don;t just stand idle...your demonstrations will go a long way in helping your confidence level....the job you are into here, is it in anyway related to what your wanna go for?....look for the link if you've not thought about it before...at 22 yrs you're still in line for an undergrad degree but ur confidence and comportment will play a great deal....know about the courses you're going to offer in your school....wish you all the very best....come share your testimony

Yes I filled it in my ds-160. I ll have to crate a link to my course. Thank you,I tink my question is answered. I ll surely come and gv my testimony. Tanx house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

I wasn't joking with your inquiry at all. Why would I? I didn't get your initial post well, I thought you said you were going for a second degree programme. Sorry for the mix up.
Now, on your inquiry, you said you graduated from secondary school in 2007 and you have since been helping your dad in his work/company, like dr.dolittle asked you already...hope what you have been helping doing for your has relevant with what you are going to study? If this is sorted and you tackle all the remaining likely questions, eg why the course, why the school? Bla bla. You get a lot of similar questions here. I think you should be fine. Best of Luck.

No p bro. We all share a common interest here. I ll just have to go and work on d connection between wat I did in d coy and my course. Thank you so much for the response,by His grace we ll all come back wit our success stories.
Thank u house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
sha_money:

No p bro. We all share a common interest here. I ll just have to go and work on d connection between wat I did in d coy and my course. Thank you so much for the response,by His grace we ll all come back wit our success stories.
Thank u house.

I'm glad you understand. Just work on the connection between your intended major and what you have been doing. If you need further advice or clarification do not hesitate to inquire here. We are one Big family here. Best of luck bruv.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

I'm glad you understand. Just work on the connection between your intended major and what you have been doing. If you need further advice or clarification do not hesitate to inquire here. We are one Big family here. Best of luck bruv.

Tanx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
deevick246:

Deevick, I know you are only trying to tease him.
Sha_money, I think you have a good point there however, the presentation isn't nice enough. I think it would be better you rephrase your response well and present it in a more better way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
GboyegaD:

Deevick, I know you are only trying to tease him.
Sha_money, I think you have a good point there however, the presentation isn't nice enough. I think it would be better you rephrase your response well and present it in a more better way.

Lol.. Yes bro I later got to know he was teasing.. My question has been answered though. Am cool wit everyone here, na una wey I get as family even wen we finally leave d shores of dis country..
Thank God for d fellows in dis house. I appreciate being here no regrets at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dnpasion(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Please Nairalanders, can you please engligten me more about how to start my us student admission processing as an undergraduate student? do i need to provide my secondary school transcript for the admission processing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
2 study
wat major?
biz mgt
why dat major?
WOW dats crazy,well can any1 tll me y does pple jst deny pple without any reason?.Bro don't get too down God will grant u ur heart desires.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:26am On Jul 11, 2012
@sha_money,

As per my question, I wasn't teasing/mocking you. I asked as if you were asked such on that day because you have like 2 Jamb results with good scores which you mean to show in the interview. All I want from you was your precise answer to defend yourself, then we restructure any defect from there. My initial plan was to tell you that don't forget the fact that admission in Nigeria sometimes is based on man-know-man and it isn't justified by how good you are or your result. That might prompted you writing test that much and hoping for admission. Also, sorry if you feel offended.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 2:48am On Jul 11, 2012
@yomifola, while I understand that you could not type the full gist because of the experience. But once you get over it, pls try so that people could critique further.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 3:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Just DisaQualified In Abuja

Dear Readers, I got denied at the Us Embassy At abuja on tuesday morning By 10:45 AM

VO:Good Afternoon
Me:Good Afternoon

VO:How did you get this Info about this school
Me: I Said Google

VO:When Did you Finished Sec sch
Me: i told him 2006

VO:What did you do then?
Me: Computer Training

VO: You have undergraduate in agricultural sc education
Me: yes

VO; WHy biotech
Me: I told him to like to have a second degree

VO: WHAT IS BIOTECH
Me: Use of micro-organism to produce new product( shaking and stammering when talking)

VO: They are not related in anyway
Me; They are interrelated

VO: I am sorry u have been denied
Me:thank you sir

ME: Can i still aply
VO: Yes but that wont qualify you to have the visa

ME: Thank you sir

Please any one of you going to counter 8 In abuja, should not meet the man oooooooooooo, the woman in counter 9 and the guy in 7 werere busying issung VISA, Congratuilation that is what i was hearing from the two 7 and 9, but 8 denied more than 10-12 before me

Please where did i go wrong, please advice me, should i change field entirely or should i apply for ms now please i need solution, i need to know. should i re-apply to Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:24am On Jul 11, 2012
emmanuelkim: Just DisaQualified In Abuja

Dear Readers, I got denied at the Us Embassy At abuja on tuesday morning By 10:45 AM

VO; WHy biotech

Me: Use of micro-organism to produce new product( shaking and stammering when talking)

Please any one of you going to counter 8 In abuja, should not meet the man oooooooooooo, the woman in counter 9 and the guy in 7 werere busying issung VISA, Congratuilation that is what i was hearing from the two 7 and 9, but 8 denied more than 10-12 before me

Please where did i go wrong, please advice me, should i change field entirely or should i apply for ms now please i need solution, i need to know. should i re-apply to Lagos?

The bold statements ain't good at all.

Google alone isn't a good place to determine your interest about any school.

Your choice of biotech is too vague - c'mon as a graduate and scholar, much is expected from you about your choice of career. Imagine I ask you how would I move a car from one point to the other? Can you say ''You, inside the car, move the car''?

Biotechnology is far far more than the uses of microbes in production alone.

Why do you choose going for an undergraduate again after you've got your first degree?

Lost of confidence to the extent of shaking and stammering exposed your unpreparedness.

Sure both fields ain't by any chance related. Even with that, if you're sharp in your responses and know the right answer to knock him off, he would have been convinced you are genuine. You should have envisaged that question long before the interview and should have been your concentration.

Asking if you can change your field shows that you don't even mean to study that biotech in the first place. Really, if you've got that visa and start that course, you'd have find it hard if not impossible to survive in such field without any solid background in it.

If changing it is the best to you, since you can differentiate between what's right or wrong then do so and work on your lapses.

Re-apply where ever closer to your house.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2012
imperiouxx: @sha_money,

As per my question, I wasn't teasing/mocking you. I asked as if you were asked such on that day because you have like 2 Jamb results with good scores which you mean to show in the interview. All I want from you was your precise answer to defend yourself, then we restructure any defect from there. My initial plan was to tell you that don't forget the fact that admission in Nigeria sometimes is based on man-know-man and it isn't justified by how good you are or your result. That might prompted you writing test that much and hoping for admission. Also, sorry if you feel offended.

Oh ok bro,I didn't understand it dat way. I ll try my best to explain all dat and also link wat I have been doin and my course as walwx and deevick suggested. And afterall who doesn't know hw 9ja education system is. Tankx bro am grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2012

VO; WHy biotech

Sorry bro, Imperiouxx is rite. . . Work on the lapses and reapply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2012

VO; WHy biotech

Its so sad bro,just try and work well on d areas pointed out and try again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 8:03am On Jul 11, 2012
Thank you all.Imperiouxx, GboyegaD, Phy, Successgreat, walex special thanks to you guys. God did it yesterday at Abuja by 10:45am.
Please, we cannot rule out favour.

Counter 8,One old white guy. at Abuja yesterday was tough. But, what I discovered about him is that he wanted people to prove their cases strongly. It's like Counter 7 guy was undergoing training. Cos, somebody was giving him clues of questions to ask. Cos they are two there. Counter 9 girl is very lovely even though she was not dashing out VISA like gift too.She interviewed about 3 families before me and their cases were strong.They were all granted.

Counter 7 guy was very busy, I was just speaking in tougues that God should let this counter 7 guy be ready when it's my turn but Later I said God let your will be done. Take me to where I am going to get the VISA. As God will have it, Counter 7 guy just got ready. Next Applicant. Immediately I heard next applicant, God just brought a confidence into me that I couldn't explain.

I will post my experience soonest. My internet is down and phone battery is almost flat now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 8:04am On Jul 11, 2012

VO; WHy biotech

Brov....I for flog you for this kind testimony you dey yarn us here if to say I see you face to face.But thank God say na on top internet we dey..Gosh! There are a million things wrong with your answers and level of preparedness..First..you could have given a better site for research...e.g usnews.com,petersons.com and so on..not google..google bawo? You can even state like 4 sites to show that u really took ur time in making a decision to pick the school.Secondly,you told d guy you chose biotech cos u wanted a second degree...c'mon dude...that aint good at all.For a potential graduate student,the assumption is that you are focused and ready for a challenging career and u have d basics on what it entails and u are ready for face the challeenges it brings..This brings us to my next point...the definition of biotechnology...c'mon pal...my grandma knows it could be defined better than this way..You need conc definitions and applications of the aforementioned course in your country.But come to think of it...biotech can be applied to agriculture in a thousand ways if you really know what it entails..Have you ever heard of genetically engineered plants and animals? This will aid massive food production in the world and help sustain more lives(na point I dey give you so o).Anyways..there is a big link between Agric and biotech...go do more research..I am sure with God on your side,if you had gotten the above answers ready,the counter 8 VO would have issued you the visa even though she was denying people.And I do hope you really wanna study biotech in the first place...cos the VO must have seen you as a potential immigrant.Anyways be sure of what you want,get prepared,pray well,and go get the visa... Either Abuja or Lagos..God dey there..Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2012
Yay! I and hubby got our visas yesterday(10th) @ Lagos. It was God all the way through.

7.30am appointment. At the first spot before entering where they check and arrange the docs in ur passport, the lady there said we should go together to be interviewed together since we r married and in same sch, same course. So we did.

There was a guy @ window 3 that was refusing almost everyone and he was the only one free wen our number was next but he got called away, returned, went away... he was just busy till another guy was free @ window 7 - we were so glad.

Hubby: Good afternoon
VO: (smiles and says Good Morning)

VO: Both going for F1 (wondering y he is interviewing us together - yet to change my name)
Hubby: We are married (was bringing out the marriage certificate but the VO waived not to bother)

VO (@ me): Where do you work and what do you do there?
Me: I am a medical Doctor. Work @ ... School Clinic. Attend to ill students and staff. liaise with the LGA for immunizations for under fives, organise health seminars regularly for the students and staff

VO: So, y do u wanna study MPH?
Me: Most pxs of the diseases could be prevented. Public health is a field that deals with promoting and protecting the health of a population. thus want to gain knowledge that would help me improve the health of a large group of people at a time is my aim

VO (@ hubby): What school and wen did u graduate?
hubby: Col of Med, Unilag 2007

VO: How did you know about UAB and Y did u choose it.
Hubby: Through the SOPHAS website. Course content in dept @ UAB suits well in the track of public health I'm interested in (then explained how the field is to his current job) and my course advisor does research in that field with projects in Nigeria.

VO: Wen is school resuming
Both: August 15th

VO: Did you write GRE
Both: Yes

VO: Who's ur sponsor?
Me: My brother is sponsoring us both

VO: What does he do?
Me: Comp scientist and web programmer, top nigerian site (told him name so he could check up if he wanted), partnership with Google

VO then starts typing on his computer. Hubby had brought all his documents out of the file ready to show any but the VO did not even request to see any document

VO: (tears the green ticket) come pick visa...

It was just God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2012
Anika Shiloh: Yay! I and hubby got our visas yesterday(10th) @ Lagos. It was God all the way through.

7.30am appointment. At the first spot before entering where they check and arrange the docs in ur passport, the lady there said we should go together to be interviewed together since we r married and in same sch, same course. So we did.

There was a guy @ window 3 that was refusing almost everyone and he was the only one free wen our number was next but he got called away, returned, went away... he was just busy till another guy was free @ window 7 - we were so glad.

Hubby: Good afternoon
VO: (smiles and says Good Morning)

VO: Both going for F1 (wondering y he is interviewing us together - yet to change my name)
Hubby: We are married (was bringing out the marriage certificate but the VO waived not to bother)

VO (@ me): Where do you work and what do you do there?
Me: I am a medical Doctor. Work @ ... School Clinic. Attend to ill students and staff. liaise with the LGA for immunizations for under fives, organise health seminars regularly for the students and staff

VO: So, y do u wanna study MPH?
Me: Most pxs of the diseases could be prevented. Public health is a field that deals with promoting and protecting the health of a population. thus want to gain knowledge that would help me improve the health of a large group of people at a time is my aim

VO (@ hubby): What school and wen did u graduate?
hubby: Col of Med, Unilag 2007

VO: How did you know about UAB and Y did u choose it.
Hubby: Through the SOPHAS website. Course content in dept @ UAB suits well in the track of public health I'm interested in (then explained how the field is to his current job) and my course advisor does research in that field with projects in Nigeria.

VO: Wen is school resuming
Both: August 15th

VO: Did you write GRE
Both: Yes

VO: Who's ur sponsor?
Me: My brother is sponsoring us both

VO: What does he do?
Me: Comp scientist and web programmer, top nigerian site (told him name so he could check up if he wanted), partnership with Google

VO then starts typing on his computer. Hubby had brought all his documents out of the file ready to show any but the VO did not even request to see any document

VO: (tears the green ticket) come pick visa...

It was just God.

Interesting! This interview narrated above goes to affirm that ''PROTOCOLS'' and RULES can be broken when the favour of God is at work. I remembered many of us here were never in congruent to the fact that the couples can be interviewed together but see as it turned out for them? I am happy for you both jare. You have made history on this thread, you are the first couples to be interviewed for F1visa and you both got it.
On a lighter note, I guess the VO was afraid of the both of you, husband & wife and the scripture that says ''what God has joined together, let no man put asunder'' worked for your favour. I am so happy for you guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.