Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,044 members, 7,912,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 04:24 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1059925 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eishai: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hie to all friends and girlfio I just called up Mumbai BHC in afternoon and enquire about my appeal they said its not reviewed by ecm they said this same thing in 8th week n after 12th week also same reply I'm just so feeling law n wen I informed my wife she is in to tears now holy gracious I too much worried .....just don't know so just informing here
Holy marry mother of god Plzz help n friends Plzz u do all remember me in ur prayers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eishai: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hie to all friends and girlfio I just called up Mumbai BHC in afternoon and enquire about my appeal they said its not reviewed by ecm they said this same thing in 8th week n after 12th week also same reply I'm just so feeling law n wen I informed my wife she is in to tears now holy gracious I too much worried .....just don't know so just informing here
Holy marry mother of god Plzz help n friends Plzz u do all remember me in ur prayers ..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eishai: Hie to all friends and girlfio I just called up Mumbai BHC in afternoon and enquire about my appeal they said its not reviewed by ecm they said this same thing in 8th week n after 12th week also same reply I'm just so feeling law n wen I informed my wife she is in to tears now holy gracious I too much worried .....just don't know so just informing here
Holy marry mother of god Plzz help n friends Plzz u do all remember me in ur prayers ..

This is the hardest part of the process. You've waited so long and it starts to feel like it won't end, but the only way to make it through is to encourage yourself of the fact that you will make it to the other side of this. The embassy won't give you updates generally, they've got 19 weeks so just stay strong, trust God, keep in touch with your wife, love has no respect of distance. It will soon end and you will celebrate good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eishai: Hie to all friends and girlfio I just called up Mumbai BHC in afternoon and enquire about my appeal they said its not reviewed by ecm they said this same thing in 8th week n after 12th week also same reply I'm just so feeling law n wen I informed my wife she is in to tears now holy gracious I too much worried .....just don't know so just informing here

hay wer u live. Am living in gujrat
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Justwise, pls what is the best option to follow after a Visit Visa was refused.

The applicant was granted 6 month UK visa last year and she traveled to London once.
In her first application last year, she stated she wish to spend 2 weeks, but when she arrive in UK she spend 6 weeks and she returned to Nigeria.

3 months ago she applied for Renewal, she was refused on the basis that she stated in her first application that she will spend 2 weeks because she ended up spending 6 weeks. The officer also said she did not provide proof of asset, and that the balance amount in her sponsor account was not enough.

But the truth is: The balance in her sponsor account when she first applied and granted was N1million naira.
When she was granted 6 month at first, she provided proof of property she own, but this officer avoided to say this truth.
During her application renewal, the balance in her sponsor account was even higher than the balance in her first application, so the balance in her second application that was refused was N1.3 milion naira. They also said she did not provide original ID.card from her school, ofwhich she has already provided copy of her ID.card and a letter of identification from her school. She even attach her return ticket from UK when she visited last year. Upon all this, she was refused.

Recently she reapply again, and was refused again on the grounds that the balance in her sponsor account is was not enough for her trip. Could you imagine. The balance in her sponsor account was N1.7million, plus another different sponsor from her second uncle with balance of N300k, plus her own account though nothing there. She also provided original school ID.card with a new letter. Despite her lawyer explain fully to them that the visa officer reasons are all bunch of lies except the original student ID.card even though she provided photocopy of her student ID.card already.

Her first application that was granted was treated in Abuja, but since then the ones they keep refusing has been treated in Lagos.

Now, what do you think she should do?

I was thinking maybe she should lodge an administrative review and send it to Abuja where her first application was granted?

Do you think Administrative review is the best option or she should Appeal or Reapply?

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
girlfio:

It all depends on your situation. If you were refused for reasons that you did not meet in your application but now, in the fullness of time, you do, then a fresh application is the way to go. If nothing has changed and you are now required to evidence your suitability then the appeal route is the best option.

I generally favour the appeal process, although it takes a long time, at least you know what you are dealing with and u risk them finding something else to refuse you on if u put in a new application. I'd rather wait a while, save my money and prove them wrong.

What about General Visitor's visa applicant, and you're sure that the ECO was the one made mistakes in his decisions, do you think a review is not the best option instead of appealing it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

What about General Visitor's visa applicant, and you're sure that the ECO was the one made mistakes in his decisions, do you think a review is not the best option instead of appealing it?

Visitors visa's have a limited right of appeal if refused. Your options are to either appeal if you feel that the decision made was in violation of your human rights or you can request an administrative review. In both cases you cannot submit any additional evidential documents to support your case. With an administrative review in particular you will need to highlight which documents have already been submitted that prove your suitability for the visa in question. If this cannot be easily done then as long as u meet the requirements, it may be better to repackage your application and submit a new one.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
girlfio:

Visitors visa's have a limited right of appeal if refused. Your options are to either appeal if you feel that the decision made was in violation of your human rights or you can request an administrative review. In both cases you cannot submit any additional evidential documents to support your case. With an administrative review in particular you will need to highlight which documents have already been submitted that prove your suitability for the visa in question. If this cannot be easily done then as long as u meet the requirements, it may be better to repackage your application and submit a new one.

Ok thank you, but can the applicant attached copy of her documents along with the Administrative review? I mean copy of the documents already been submitted when the applicant was refused?

My last question is: Does administrative review has application form? or just by writing?

Must the administrative review lodge to the exactly High Commission where the application was refused? I mean if the application was treated in Lagos, must the review sent to Lagos? or it can be sent to Abuja or Lagos?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Ok thank you, but can the applicant attached copy of her documents along with the Administrative review? I mean copy of the documents already been submitted when the applicant was refused?

My last question is: Does administrative review has application form? or just by writing?

Must the administrative review lodge to the exactly High Commission where the application was refused? I mean if the application was treated in Lagos, must the review sent to Lagos? or it can be sent to Abuja or Lagos?

As long as they were the same documents and you are simply including them to draw the attention of the ECO to points that were missed during the initial application then there should be no problem if they are included.

I don't believe there is a form but maybe somebody on this forum that has recently done an administrative review can advise if the process has changed. From my understanding you send an email to the attention of the ECM to the same office where your application was processed. You make your points clear and give reasons why the decision made does not reflect your suitability for the visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
girlfio:

As long as they were the same documents and you are simply including them to draw the attention of the ECO to points that were missed during the initial application then there should be no problem if they are included.

I don't believe there is a form but maybe somebody on this forum that has recently done an administrative review can advise if the process has changed. From my understanding you send an email to the attention of the ECM to the same office where your application was processed. You make your points clear and give reasons why the decision made does not reflect your suitability for the visa.

Yes i found this form as Administrative Review form here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/admin-review-request.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Catona: 1:52am On Dec 05, 2013
My husband and i applied for our 10 yrs visa i wasn't given on the grounds that i am pregnant and may not return. Meaning i want to deliver there. Even after i said i wont deliver there but in the US. but hubby was given. Imagine after paying almost 200k. Pls what is the process of appeal? I have a valid us visa and will travel using anther airline instead of ba. I need to appeal before i leave. Help pls
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hi justwise ,girlflo and others in the house ,so. I got a message from sheffield saying ..Thank you for your email. Your appeal was reviewed by one of our ECMs and it was decided that the Refusal would be upheld by our office. The appeal bundle has now been sent to the Courts & Tribunals Service for the hearing scheduled on: 27/03/14

There is nothing that our office can do now regarding speeding this process up.

Kind regards,

J Colton
Pls what can I do now .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by darlene10: 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ girlfio forum mates pls help me ooooo.I need reasons to expedite my court hearing got a date for may next year dis rily far ooooo.six months after dey upheld initial decision
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
damyoyepitan: Hi justwise ,girlflo and others in the house ,so. I got a message from sheffield saying ..Thank you for your email. Your appeal was reviewed by one of our ECMs and it was decided that the Refusal would be upheld by our office. The appeal bundle has now been sent to the Courts & Tribunals Service for the hearing scheduled on: 27/03/14

Kind regards,

J Colton
Pls what can I do now .

So sorry to hear that but be encouraged its not over yet. I believe your application was initially refused because they were not satisfied with the documents submitted to prove your relationship. Were u able to provide additional documents eg emails, phone records, photos etc. just want to see if there is anything additional that can be used to support your case. The thing to do now is to start preparing all your documents to be presented to the judge. Take every document that you submitted to prove your relationship and then write a statement of why that particular item clearly indicates the status of your relationship. If you can also include letters from close family and friends endorsing your relationship that would be great. Sheffield will have to produce reasons why they have maintained the refusal, it might also be worth contacting the Tribunal office to find out when you will get this determination letter which will again help u to prepare for the court case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
darlene 10: @ girlfio forum mates pls help me ooooo.I need reasons to expedite my court hearing got a date for may next year dis rily far ooooo.six months after dey upheld initial decision

You'll need strong reasons in order to expedite your appeal, so this might be a difficult route to take. A while back someone on this forum got their local MP to write a letter and they got their appeal date changed, that might be an idea. 6 months does seem a bit excessive so u are well within your rights to question this scheduling.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Girlflo ,we provided as many forms of communication as possible ,its devastating and heartbreakin to no dt just under 2weeks it was reviewed and deir decision was upheld
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Is it dt nuin can be done @ dis point or I just hv to wait till dt march 27 to no ow the court case went

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
damyoyepitan: Hi justwise ,girlflo and others in the house ,so. I got a message from sheffield saying ..Thank you for your email. Your appeal was reviewed by one of our ECMs and it was decided that the Refusal would be upheld by our office. The appeal bundle has now been sent to the Courts & Tribunals Service for the hearing scheduled on: 27/03/14

Kind regards,

J Colton
Pls what can I do now .

I am so sorry damy to read this. The only thing I can say now is that you will have to face this situation as it has become a longer journey. I will advice that don't re-apply please as you cannot be sure if they will approve it. So one thing I will add to what Girlfio had already said will be that you make sure that you consistently communicate via email, phones and if possible let your husband make as many visits as possible to Nigeria to enhance the support that your relationship is genuine and subsisting. And make sure you keep every record as you will need it.

I can only pray that God will give you a very strong mind to withstand this new phase of your application. I believe God will see you thru'. You will give a positive testimony about this in Jesus Name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2013

Kind regards,

J Colton
Pls what can I do now .

Its not the end of the road yet, go to tribunal hearing, the case can still be on your faviour, don't feel disappointed yet, yes the delay is killing but there is still hope.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
damyoyepitan: Is it dt nuin can be done @ dis point or I just hv to wait till dt march 27 to no ow the court case went

While waiting for the appeal to be heard you can reapply as long as you are sure that all refusal points can be addressed with paper evidences
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by darlene10: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
damyoyepitan: Is it dt nuin can be done @ dis point or I just hv to wait till dt march 27 to no ow the court case went

My dear just take it easy all hope is not lost yet.wen I got my own decision cudnt even eat for 2days but it gets better wt time. I took to girlfio's advise of not reapplying because if we can give all evidence we have and dey still refuse to overturn wat do u tink will happen if u reapply .I feel since so many ple are goin tru the appeal route dey are now forcing so many cases to court now.dat date dey quoted for u is not d court date its d deadline tribunal gave dem .u shd be getting a court hearing in 2wks.its even beta its happening earlier u mite get an earlier court hearing.u can imagine my own hearing is in may after waiting 13wks for dem to make der decision.its well wt u.wish u all d best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Once it gts to court and dey stil don't chnge deir mind,den what happens.also wen wil I gt dis determination .to no when the hearing will take place.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
damyoyepitan: Once it gts to court and dey stil don't chnge deir mind,den what happens.also wen wil I gt dis determination .to no when the hearing will take place.

Common damy, why are you sounding as someone who has already lost hope? You need to be very strong now. Anyway if you need to know I will tell you...if you lost the first hearing you can still appeal to a higher tribunal/court (2nd tier). But honestly I cannot see your case pass the the first tier tribunal, just believe as all others have believed here and have given their testimonies. I can understand it is difficult for you but just like others mentioned, it is a matter of time ... it will tick away and you will be smiling once again.

Take it it easy ooo madam smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ darlene
try write ur local mp to help write d tribunal for expedition.also talk to ur solicitor to write d tribunal dat u don't mind other hearin center if that will fasten ur hearin.

@damy,
abeg madam,take am easy.it happens,I av been through that route before and it was really long but it is over now by His Grace.
just need U to b strong,positive,determined and prayerful.pls,if U think Ur case is a little bit complicated,try get a good solicitor with sound records.don't gamble anything,try seek for advice from d house as well pls.

takia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
I cam across the post and wanted to ask a few questions. Does this mean that someone with a general visitor visa for 2years can switch to a spouse visa while in the uk. Reason i'm asking is because my husband is british and we plan on settling in the uk soon, he wants me to extend my tourist visa to 2years and while i'm in th uk switch to d spouse category. pls is this possible and what do u advise
target007:

Yes, you are very correct to think that way as I thought that way as well but I also believe that the circumstances of the individuals involve will dictate if there is the need for UKBA to allow extension of visitor visa because if they can allow family members to apply for settlement while on visitor visa from within the UK, surely they may allow families to extend if they needed to.

Another thing is that even if they don't extend the visitor visa from within the UK, sure the family member can always go back to his/her country to extend her visiting visa to two years, may be, and still continue to be with their loved ones.

Over all, either way we look at it, I still feel applicants will benefit more in this new rule changes just as you stated 'The only good thing is that the family will have each others support while on the long frustrating waiting time'
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Proudlygemini: I cam across the post and wanted to ask a few questions. Does this mean that someone with a general visitor visa for 2years can switch to a spouse visa while in the uk. Reason i'm asking is because my husband is british and we plan on settling in the uk soon, he wants me to extend my tourist visa to 2years and while i'm in th uk switch to d spouse category. pls is this possible and what do u advise

@Proudlygemini, No you cannot switch from visitor's visa. I must have mis-understood the materials I read then. Actually from another website, here is the immigration minister statement related to your question:

I am making changes to the rules for dependants in the Points Based System and other work routes, following the High Court judgment in R (on the application of Zhang) v Secretary of State for the Home Department. The changes will allow dependants to apply from within the UK, providing they are not here illegally, as visitors, or on temporary admission or temporary release. They will still need to satisfy all other existing requirements.

So, you may still have to go back to your home country to apply for spouse visa i'm afraid.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 11:18am On Dec 06, 2013
girlfio:

You'll need strong reasons in order to expedite your appeal, so this might be a difficult route to take. A while back someone on this forum got their local MP to write a letter and they got their appeal date changed, that might be an idea. 6 months does seem a bit excessive so u are well within your rights to question this scheduling.

Girlfio and Justice,

Must an applicant complete the PBS form for the Administrative Review of a general visit eg. tourist visit refusal? or the Administrative Review application must be in writing separately without using the PBS Administrative Review form?

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eyinoluwalogo: 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hello House

Please could you help me with the email address for the Sheffield visa office?

I am trying to chase up on an appeal for a spousal visa refusal.

I have tried looking in previous posts but can't seem to find it.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Proudlygemini: I cam across the post and wanted to ask a few questions. Does this mean that someone with a general visitor visa for 2years can switch to a spouse visa while in the uk. Reason i'm asking is because my husband is british and we plan on settling in the uk soon, he wants me to extend my tourist visa to 2years and while i'm in th uk switch to d spouse category. pls is this possible and what do u advise

You can make application for spouse visa while in the UK on visitor's visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Eyinoluwalogo: Hello House

Please could you help me with the email address for the Sheffield visa office?

I am trying to chase up on an appeal for a spousal visa refusal.

I have tried looking in previous posts but can't seem to find it.

Thank you

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eyinoluwalogo: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
justwise:

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2013
@Girlfio
@justwis

How many day to get court determination

They say 10 day but counting week day or week and 2
? I Means Monday to Friday or full week

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.