Stats: 3,186,277 members, 7,928,916 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:19 AM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43830 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2007
@HNIC

Is Dudu not an £8m signing,of course he should be scoring goals?Is Dudu also one of Wenger's discoveries? grin There is nothing I won't hear from Gooners.

How many Golden Ball winners,apart from over-aged Africans,didn't go on to become good players?

If you are talking of discovering gems,can you beat the signing of Beckham at the age of 14 from Ridgeway Rovers?Scholes,Giggs,Solsjkaer,Neville brothers,Butt,Silvestre,Schmieichel,e.t.c were all major discoveries.Even Cantona was a £1.2m signing,small amount even at the time.

At least this bunch won the UCL.All you have for yourself is playing "attractive" football.3 league titles in 11 years under Wenger-not particularly awe inspiring.

Cesc status is not secured yet.Players like De La Pena,Aimar,Cassano,Ricken,e.t.c were also prodigies in their youth,not much happened after that. . . . .so don't get ahead of yourself.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by HNIC(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ I-man,

U remind me of Jackal a lot, From talking about Cesc now, u have poured out your mind iro AW, '3 league titles in 11 years is not good enough.'.(like u employed him),
and thanks brother, we love our 'attractive' football, It may not have won us as much trophies as u guys, but we are making progress so far this season, winning more admirers everyday,
I have not said Cesc is the best that ever happenned, I was just surprised that anyone would say Cesc was a star before joining Arsenal,
I don't want to argue anymore, because like the typical mancs., u will take me back to last season when u won the Epl and u were 21 points ahead of us, and how u won the treble in 1999, etc,

Meanwhile what's up with Sir alex? , every ref is against him this season, even if he wins? , Is he the new Jose Moaninho?, Ronaldo was booked yesterday because he DIVES, If u have ever dived before, it will continue to haunt you, I think he's feeling the pressure, 3 points behind the leaders(who has got a game in hand) is making the old man grow grey hairs grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by HNIC(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ I-man,
Your question about superstars that didnt make it,
Cast your mind back to U-17 in 1985 in China, that German guy(cant remember his name)Wiltzek or something, was MVP, we never heard of him, later
2 years later.in Canada 1987, an italian teenager, name starts with C(cant remember)was top scorer also, We never heard about him later on,
There are many like that, that fizzled out,
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2007
So which is a better team is a function of time? Arsenal played a final recently and Real, Munich, Man Utd, Ajax has not mean Arsenal is a better team than all those. Hey dude, show more intellect in your posts
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by 9ja4eva: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2007
Manchester United for me
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2007
Celtic don qualify for the next round.German clubs never dey certain.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Dec 05, 2007
So what value does that add to anyone? Celtic has qualified ehn That is the way Man Utd qualifies and never get to the final save for once in 31 years.

How pathetic!!!!

Liverpool did not play UCL for some time when they came back they played 2 finals in 3 years compare that to Man Utd once in 31 year. Go and do an overhaul of the whole team and the staff.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by bankysteve: 1:25am On Dec 05, 2007
Who else can beat ANCELOTTI a man who had been in champs league final 3 times in 5years and won twice in this millenium with the so called tired legs of europe, isnt that impressive?never forget that he has also produced who to be the world best player KAKA.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2007
Who else can beat ANCELOTTI a man who had been in champs league final 3 times in 5years and won twice in this millenium with the so called tired legs of europe, isnt that impressive?never forget that he has also produced who to be the world best player KAKA.

@ bankysteve

I feel you my guy not to forget is expliot with Juve also.

FORZA MILAN
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
Don't get yourself confused
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
Wish Milan would win the world club cup
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by shiznit(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2008

[size=14pt]Arsene Wenger[/size]

Soccer is such a beautiful game kiss
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2008
Milan won the world club cup and they are Intercontinental Champs
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by chamotex(m): 1:09am On Jan 20, 2009
9ja4eva:

Manchester United for me

They said who is the best Football Coach, this guy say na "Manchester United" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by MrCrackles(m): 1:11am On Jan 20, 2009
9ja4eva:

Manchester United for me

E be like say craze scatter your head! cheesy

TOPIC
Capello!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by staloone(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
the best Samson SiaSia, Late Yemi Tella and Alex Ferguson. take it or leave it
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by kolaoloye(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Topic,
Let me confide in you,the most foolish player in the hands of Alex could be turned to soccer wizard overnight.
Check most of his team players and how cordinated they are.Don't you know that the achievement of the club depends on his ability?
Alex Ferguson is simply the best. Kudos to the old man. grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2009
Here are the IFFHS' top 10 coaches of the last 12 years:

01 Ferguson

02 Lippi
03 Wenger(WTF?? ?? ??)
04 Hiddink
05 Eriksson
06 Mourinho
07 Hitzfeld(sorry Dayokanu).
08 Scolari
09 Rijkaard and Bielsa
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2009
If anyone believes that ranking then u can believe anything.

You mean you dont have to win anything to be the 3rd best coach in the world?

What has Errikson won to deserve that position?

Ancelloti has 2 CL where is he?

Compare Capello to any of Erikkson, Wenger and co
How many titles has Erikkson won?
In the last 12 years Wenger has won 3 leagues. Capello has won more- Roma, Juve Real twice where is he?

what is the datum of judging/rating
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by binhozie(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2009
marcelo lippi carlo ancellotti fabio capello ortzman hitsfield jose mourinho are far beta coaches than wenger pls wenger doesnt make unknown young stars become players over nite the the only useful graduates of arsenal academy are hoyte brothers pennant diaby bently . players like cesc merida vela ramsey van persie eboue were stolen from other clubs yeah stolen wat do u cal hovering around youth teams of other clubs and promisin them playin time and pls arsenal dont play themost atractive football onearth it has always been barcelona
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

If anyone believes that ranking then u can believe anything.

You mean you dont have to win anything to be the 3rd best coach in the world?

What has Errikson won to deserve that position?

Ancelloti has 2 CL where is he?

Compare Capello to any of Erikkson, Wenger and co
How many titles has Erikkson won?
In the last 12 years Wenger has won 3 leagues. Capello has won more- Roma, Juve Real twice where is he?

what is the datum of judging/rating

If u know IFFFHS, u won't doubt this ranking.
The statistics don't lie. Wenger has continuity, he has been able to fashion out a stylish and attack-minded side for the past 12 years.
Capello's tactics are too negative to earn any points and he hasn't stayed in the same club for more than 6 years, has he??
Besides, most of these big time managers have missed out playing in Europe at one point or the other but Wenger is consistent.
This is why Arsenal are seeded in Europe even though they are yet to win the UCL.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by vicade(m): 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2009
I am a Gunner but this is no contest: Sir Alex Fergusson. Even though he has won the champions League only Twice in his 23 years in charge, His other Laurels make him a big Favourite

However, second best is Arsene Wenger.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
vicade:

However, second best is Arsene Wenger.

Nah. . . . .2nd best is Lippi. wink
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2009
Try to be consistent.
How many years Has Lippi been out of coaching?
He was sacked at Inter?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Try to be consistent.
How many years Has Lippi been out of coaching?
He was sacked at Inter?

Lippi was out of football management between 2006(after the world cup) and 2008(after Euro2008-- when Donadoni was sacked).
Do u know the number of GRADE A matches Arsene Wenger won in that 2-year period??
Winning 50 UCL titles does not matter here once u have gap years and other managers are still ACTIVE.
Real Madrid are not SEEDED in Europe and they have won more in Europe than any English club.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2009
Then why is Lippi number 2?

Which quality games did Wenger win between August 2008 and 2008
Maybe beating Milan was the only game worthy of note given the easy CL groups he always finds himself
Losing to PSV or what beating some nameless clubs?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Then why is Lippi number 2?

He won the world cup plus his old titles.
If he had kept on with the Azzurris without a gap year, he shoulda been number ONE!!!

Which quality games did Wenger win between August 2008 and 2008
Maybe beating Milan was the only game worthy of note given the easy CL groups he always finds himself
Losing to PSV or what beating some nameless clubs?

Arsenal played at least 120 games between that period all managed by Wenger in a GRADE A league.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2009
Arsenal played at least 120 games between that period all managed by Wenger in a GRADE A league.

How many titles did he win in that period?

Benitez, mark Hughes, Juande Ramos and Allardyce too played at least 120 games between that period all managed by Wenger in a GRADE A league.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

How many titles did he win in that period?

Benitez, mark Hughes, Juande Ramos and Allardyce too played at least 120 games between that period all managed by Wenger in a GRADE A league.

Winning the title is not the ALL in ALL when these managers are graded.
Last season, Man Utd copped 34.90 for winning the UCL, Chelsea copped 30.9(as finalists).
If United should crash out at the next stage and Chelsea makes either final or semis again, Chelsea's points(cumulatively) woulda gone higer than Man Utd. They have not won the UCL but crashing out in 2 advanced stages is higher than someone who wins it one time and did no show the other time.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Sauron,

In the last 12 years, Wenger has only made the semis once while Hitzfeld has made 3 finals winning 2.

He has made quarters 4 times compare that to other coachs and tell me something.

Benitez has made 2 finals and 3 semis in the last 4 seasons Where is he?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

@Sauron,

In the last 12 years, Wenger has only made the semis once while Hitzfeld has made 3 finals winning 2.

He has made quarters 4 times compare that to other coachs and tell me something.

Benitez has made 2 finals and 3 semis in the last 4 seasons Where is he?

In the last 10 years, Wenger's team has featured in every UEFA champions league edition.
I cannot say the same about Benitez or Hitzfeld.
Those are the things u should look at not the top prizes at all.
Benitez was busy languishing in UEFA cup competitions with Sevilla and Hitzfeld is now whoring in Bonn.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2009
So getting into the CL matters more than putting in a decent performance?

Most times they got in they didnt go past the group stage

So a coach who stays at the job for that long, qualifies for CL and gets to the Final just once deserves more accolades than a coach who featured just 4 times and has played 2 finals and 1 semi finals?

Making impact should matter more than just making appearance.

Chelsea within 4 seasons became a force to be reckoned with while Arsenal spent several seasonn as a mediocre team.

Even right now few people would give them a chance of winning

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Challenges Lautaro Martinez To A Boxing Bout - Lukaku Officiates / Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Fiancée Georgina A ₦70m Louis Vuitton Jewellery Box (Pix) / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts