Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,913 members, 7,931,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:52 PM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43837 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2007
Having a big squad with names wont win titles, Arsenal is leading the EPL now and im sure u know all the other 3 contending clubs have got more quality. In essence, bayern brimming with stars wont necessarily translate to a victory if they meet say United. This has been proven well with chelsea, Barcelona, Real, Lazio et al

Agreed TKB but where I won't agree with I-man is that Bayern of today lacks quality like I said earlier, Klose, Toni, Ribery and Lahm would start for most European clubs. The 2 strikers are goal scoring machines who just get the ball into the net anyhow. even if na anus not striker who huff and puff over the field and hardly get 15 goals every season I can only compare those 2 to RVNistelrooy who is one of my best strikers though he never played for a team I liked.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Harlex(m): 1:27am On Nov 23, 2007
you are right men, don't even compare them.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by magicj(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2007
not so

with records, the premier league is the most watch league in the world, in the past five years,where was Arsenal on the table, it shows ArSENE Wenger is not the best.

the best coach in the world is JOSE MOURINHO (SPECIAL ONE). THE record was their, who new chelsea then, he came put chelsea to the top,twice at the league . today mourinho is the talk of the town, he left chelsea an the whole world feel it, it exit is like september 11,2001 in USA

MOURINHO THE BEST.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Engalm: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2007
i think we should not waste our time analysing these issue. The best couch in the world is nobody but ARSENE WENGER
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2007
i think we should not waste our time analysing these issue. The best couch in the world is nobody but ARSENE WENGER

on what basis is that? lets face it the guy has not done anything new in world of futbal. Ajax and barca played wonderful and sexy futbal, besides ajax won the CL against milan with a very young team. so what shit are you talking about AW and young players better ask Van Gaal dude.

good coach no doubt but not the best.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dejiavu(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
YES TRUE TALK" CAN'T JUST SINGLE OUT THAT 1 IS THE BEST" THANKS. those that wentt for AW. 11 yrs in a club no champions league medal to show for it, even in england let him show us 1 carling cup medal. and you have someone within 3 season won everything and also has this CL medal with another club. WHOT A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
You cannot pick the best out of somethings
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by adisunny(m): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
Respect for the best Coach SIR ALEX FERGUSON,

no one like him
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2007
Respect for the best Coach SIR ALEX FERGUSON,

no one like him

yea no one like him. No great coach will sit at the bench of a single team for more than 2 decades. pls give me a break.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ndumart: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2007
Sir Alex Ferguson

25 titles in 21 years

Can u beat that?

The only coach to be Knighted

Old wine tastes better

New brooms may sweep clean but old Brooms know the corners

Give it up to SIR ALEX FERGUSON
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by sage(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2007
Am i the only one watching Bremen-Hamburg

One of the best matches of the season wink

Dayo are you watching the match?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2007
Can you beat that match for quality? Two midfield maestro on display Diego and Rafael Van Der Vaart. f only those clubs can keep those players for much longer but you know financial prowess won't allow them to.

I wish Bayern would buy Rafael Van Der Vaart next Season. The guy is top quality. The best Dutch player of his generation. I know our management might not buy Diego because he is young and might not allow our future number 10-plamaker (Toni Kroos) to mature. Moreover grooming Toni Kroos is a German project.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2007
@dayo Van der Vaart said he wont play for beyern. I think the guy wamts tomove to spain. Juve is interested too you know.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2007
Is that not an insult to Van der Vart? Bremen is better than Bayern anyway,if he want to achieve things,there are far bigger clubs in Europe than Bayern.He is an intelligent man,unlike Riberry grin

Why would Diego want to join Bayern.He is playing for a better club already,if he wants a change.Its either Italy,Spain or England.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by bgees(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
Diego should go to italy or spain.but i fear he might be overshadowd.

On rafael van der vaart. What do expect from the great AJAX FOOTBALL ACADEMY?
Stars.he is one reason i know d oranje will succeed in euro 2008.

@topic.
There is no best coach in d world.but there are many of them.but i would agree that ottmar hitzfield comes very close.

But,Who achieved somethn out of nothin?
Rafa Benitez.
Thats how u know great coaches.
And who said wenger groomd fabregas?
Cesc was already are star b4 he joined arsenal.
Wenger is one of d greats no doubt.but how come he's neva won any european final.arsenal's fancy playing style will only make fans happy but will win them nothin but english trophies.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2007
@gabrielgb

Is Inter's dominance not getting depressing for Serie A?See how they demolished Fiorentina in their backyard. . . .only Frey's brilliance kept the margin low.It doesn't look like any team will challenge them seriously for the title.

Fiorentina looked brilliant for a while but their home loss to Udinese,followed by this comprehensive defeat,diminishes hopes.

Roma still look unconvincing.Inter destroyed them in Rome.Milan that could have given them real competition has struggled this season.Does anyone really believe Ranieri's Juve or Udinese can win the title?

Its beginning to look like one of those mickey mouse leagues where one club just waltzes to the title virtually unchallenged.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2007
Is that not an insult to Van der Vart? Bremen is better than Bayern anyway,if he want to achieve things,there are far bigger clubs in Europe than Bayern.He is an intelligent man,unlike Riberry

Why would Diego want to join Bayern.He is playing for a better club already,if he wants a change.Its either Italy,Spain or England.

Bremen and Hamburg are better than Bayern? I-Man are you always high? Do you have sober moments? post only when you are sober. Just like Arsenal and Bolton are better than Man Utd.

Jean Pierre Papin, Klinsmann, Matthaus, Balakov, Effenberg, Ballack, Basler, e.t.c have all played for bayern in recent times.
The biggest player to ever play for Man Utd would surely look like a midget in the Bayern all star line up. He can even make the bench.

Go and get a life and find a way to win more UCL trophies not just sitting there and getting to finals once in 31 years.

@Gabriel, Don't mind what those players say, when Bayern is ready to buy them they don't have a choice. On Luca Toni, bayern talked to De Valle President of Fiorentina directly and we got Luca ahead of other European clubs Same with Ribery, We talked to Pape Diouf directly in January and he told us if Ribery would leave Marseille his destination is definitely Bavaria so it became, With Klose the guy was on his way to Juve when our GM met with him in the hotel and convinced him to join Munich.
The quality of our ex-players would awe any footballer and most footballer would want to follow in their foot step like Drogba said. Unlike some teams where there best ever players are either drunkards e.g George Best or violent players who were chased from their national team e.g Cantona, Who mentioned Man Utd there I don't want Jackal's trouble Oh tongue grin tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
Too much of everything is bad.
It's also bad if you know too much
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 1:12am On Dec 04, 2007
@dayo

You have so many problems including comprehension

Did you see Gab Marcotti's list of 50 top players?No Bundesliga players feature in the top 20: grinhttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article1963015.ece
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2007
Who is Gab Marcotti? A drunk? Did you meet him at the pub [b]binge[/b]ing?Or what
If carlos Tevez is better than Messi, Thierry henry and Totti Sergio Ramos in number 13 and therefore the best player in Real Madrid ahead of Canavaro, Casillas, Diarra, Raul, Nistelrooy e.t.c

Drogba, Ronaldo and Shevchenko not in top 20. Berbatov is number 25 ahead of Andrea pirlo and john terry. Seedorf is number 49 and Carvalho, Cannavaro and Deco didnt make the list of top 50 .
If these are your sources, No wonder your think the way you do. No wonder Ribery is an idiot to you and Luca Toni is no striker to you.

Can anyone look at that list and comment please!!!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by HNIC(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2007
bgees:

Cesc was already are star before he joined arsenal.

Yep, he was a star before he joined Arsenal.
He captained the Spainish team at the World Cup in Korea/Japan in 2002 and outshined the likes of Raul and Morientes , scoring 4 goals from midfield position.
Also Remember that prior to that, he was nominated twice in succession for European/World footballer of the year.
Also, since he was a star before joining Arsenal, the entire crew at Barca who sanctioned the transfer were sacked, for selling a star for peanuts!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2007
@Dayo

While I don't agree fully with the list,you have to be blinkered to wonder why Ronaldo and Shevchenko didn't make the top 20 for last season.Maybe you were watching different football,but Ronaldo and Shevchenko,particularly the latter, were appalling last season.So you think they deserve to be in the top 20? grin

Wetin Cannavaro and Henry play last season?Are you sure you actually watch football?What did Deco do last season?Anyway,for someone who thinks Shevchenko was outstanding last season,what should I expect. grin

The key thing is that no Bundesliga player deserved to be in the top 20,at least you no dey dispute that grin

@HNIC
You are talking twaddle.Everyone knew Fabregas was going to be fantastic.Its Cesc that chose to leave,Barca didn't push him out.Cesc felt he had greater chances of playing in Arsenal than in Barca.Potraying Cesc discovery as if he was some kind of "diamond in the rough" is ridiculous.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
dayokanu:

Bremen and Hamburg are better than Bayern? I-Man are you always high? Do you have sober moments? post only when you are sober. Just like Arsenal and Bolton are better than Man Utd.

Like say you dey use NL through an interpreter? Abi,where did I mention Hamburg? Of course Bremen is better than Bayern,the operative word is "is",you seem incapable of comprehension.Refering to ancient history is tomfoolery.At the moment,Bremen are a better side than Bayern.There is only 1 point difference between the 2,given the scale of Bremen's injuries and their participation in the far more tasking UCL,they would have easily surpassed Bayern if all things were equal.

Jean Pierre Papin, Klinsmann, Matthaus, Balakov, Effenberg, Ballack, Basler, e.t.c have all played for bayern in recent times.
The biggest player to ever play for Man Utd would surely look like a midget in the Bayern all star line up. He can even make the bench.
. . . . . . . and yet they have won the UCL as many times as Porto,Man Utd,Liverpool,Red Star Belgrade,O.Marseille and Dortmund within that period grin

Most of Bayern's claim to greatness is down to a 3 year period where they won the UCL 3 consecutive occasions.This was in the early 70s.Using that measure,Nottingham Forest is as big a club as Barca,bigger than Arsenal.Villa are also bigger than Arsenal.

Indeed,prior to 2006,one could say that Barca were smaller than Forest or Villa.

I guess Germans should shut up then.Their biggest club,Bayern,has won the UCL fewer times than, Liverpool,Madrid and Milan-Europe's big 3 leagues and to cap it all up-they are on the same level as Ajax.I guess nothing has changed.

There is a reason Bremen are plying their trade in the UCL,while Bayern are tackling the "prestigious" UEFA Cup-because Bremen are a better side! grin grin They are the best team to watch in the Bundesliga and if they get knocked out of Europe,they are favorites for the league title-now keep your envious frustrated self calm and respect the best side in the Bundesliga grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by HNIC(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
I-man:

@HNIC
You are talking twaddle.Everyone knew Fabregas was going to be fantastic.Its Cesc that chose to leave,Barca .

@I- man,

Are u bgees in disguise??

Even if you are, he opined that Cesc was a star before he joined Arsenal, and i went on to elaborate the height of stardom that Cesc reached before crossing from Barca to Arsenal, and in responding to my analysis, you said I was talking twaddle,
Everyone knew Fabregas was going to be fantastic

Yep, everyone knew, yep, I-man knew, Man utd,Ac-milan,Inter,Madrid ,Juve, all knew Cesc was gonna be fantastic, That was why when Arsenal wanted to buy him, there was a bidding war between all of them, and finally he chose Arsenal and also told Barca to lower the amount Arsenal was gonna pay to something ridiculous,

Its Cesc that chose to leave Barca,didn't push him out.Cesc felt he had greater chances of playing in Arsenal than in Barca.

Greater Chances of playing in Arsenal? I think he took a gamble that could have backfired, If Vieira didn't go, Cesc would have had little playing time.

Potraying Cesc discovery as if he was some kind of "diamond in the rough" is ridiculous

I asked earlier, if u were b-gee in disguise, Yep, Cesc was a superstar before he joined Arsenal and his profile has even diminished since he joined Arsenal. , I wonder why Europe's best clubs are ready to fork out huge amounts for his signature? , They should have done that while he was still at Barca academy just before he joined Arsenal,

I really wonder who's talking twaddle!!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2007
@HNIC

Stop being a twaddle talking shmuck. All bgees said was that Cesc was a star,which he was,in his youth.Same as Pato,Rooney,Joe Cole,M.Owen,Anderson,Dos Santos e.t.c All these people were well known before they even made their professional debut.That they went on to become even more succesful as professionals was expected.

If you didn't know Cesc before he came to Arsenal,that tells us that you are an ignoramus.Understandable for a Gunner.

Greater Chances of playing in Arsenal? I think he took a gamble that could have backfired, If Vieira didn't go, Cesc would have had little playing time
If Cesc remained at Barca,he won't be starting ahead of Deco.Cesc himself thought he had a better chance of breaking into the Arsenal team than into the Barca team.Of course it was a gamble,but it was calculated.

Dumb Gooners like to give the impression that he was a Barca reject and Whinger,in his infinite wisdom,picked him up.That is nonsense.He felt Arsenal afforded greater opportunties within a short term,financial and otherwise.He was sought by many other clubs but he chose Arsenal-he was no "diamond in the rough".

Barca had no choice but to let him go.If Dos Santos had wanted to leave last year for peanuts,he could have done that and Barca can't do much about it.He,unlike Cesc,has chosen to stay.Dos Santos,like Cesc,was well known long before he started playing for the senior squad
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2007
There was a 17 year old German player we were arguing over this thread-Toni Kroos.He,like Cesc,won the Golden Ball for the Un-17.Had he wanted a move earlier,and perhaps he joins Spurs and inevitably becomes a prominent player,does that now mean Spurs have "groomed" him?

Toni Kroos is already a star,even before his debut for Bayern.If he goes on to a higher level as a professional,whether at Bayern or another club,no one will be surprised.If Wenger had signed him in the summer,then Gooners will tell us in the future that he has been groomed by Wenger,as if he had no future but for Wenger
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Akolawole(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2007
Well, i knew Fabregas won two individual awards in Finland BEFORE[size=8pt] he joined arsenal.

He joined Arsenal 11th September 2003 but played Under-17 world cup  final on the 30th of August 2003.

He is already a football star but Mr wenger gavehim the avenue to express himself.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2007
That list was based on last season's performance and Eto'o was number 4,? Drogba not in top 20, Pirlo not in sight, Seedorf in number 49, Carvalho not mentioned. And this is the kind of list you show outside. If its based on last season why is Ronaldo Lima on the list at all same with Shevvy and Ballack That list is the joke of the week If those are your sources, You can be pardoned for reasoning like an idiot .

which club does VDV play for? why is reasoning so difficult? the disconnect between your brain and your fingers is so apparent.

Is that not an insult to Van der Vart? Bremen is better than Bayern anyway,if he want to achieve things,there are far bigger clubs in Europe than Bayern.He is an intelligent man,unlike Riberry
How many bigger clubs than Bayern in Europe definitely Man Utd can never be!!! tongue

If we remove 1968 triumph from Man Utd what do they have just 1 UCL. How many final appearance? 1.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2007
Real is the biggest club in Europe with 9 UCL but they won 6 pre 1960, so if you are to follow that line of argument Real is not the top club in Europe, How unintelligent!!!!!
Inter won their 2 trophies in 1960's . That is the line of all those short sighted and under achieving fans who would call laurels won past history. That means we can assume England never won a world cup in their history. There was nobody called Pele, and Ajax have only won once. That is daft!!!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2007
dayokanu:

Real is the biggest club in Europe with 9 UCL but they won 6 pre 1960, so if you are to follow that line of argument Real is not the top club in Europe, How unintelligent!!!!!
Inter won their 2 trophies in 1960's . That is the line of all those short sighted and under achieving fans who would call laurels won past history. That means we can assume England never won a world cup in their history. There was nobody called Pele, and Ajax have only won once. That is daft!!!!!

I made a simple statement-that Bremen is better than Bayern-you started going down memory lane.If someone were to say that Chelski are better than Forest,what good is it,to tell me that Forest were European champions on 2 occasions in the 70s?We are talking of today,you idiot.

If Chelski were to play Forest today,who do you fancy to win?That is why I said you have a problem with comprehension.What is the point of the past when we are talking of the present?Of course,historically,there is no comparison btw Bayern and Bremen but because you are linguistically inept,you can't tell the difference between the present and history in general
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by HNIC(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ I man,
u mancs never cease to amaze me, Which gooner has been telling you that Cesc was a Barca reject?

What's the definition of a star?

If my friend, bgees had said Cesc was known in football circles before joining Arsenal, I would have had no issues with that statement, but to say he was a star before joining Arsenal, i find that ridiculous!

Of course we hear about players that played well at the U-17, U-20 level and fizzle out, I can't start mentioning names.

We also know about players that learnt their trade at well known football academies also,made stupid decisions and are nowhere to be found today,

The question we should ask is, Between 2003 and now, how has Cesc Fabregas fared under AW's wings? I think he has been transformed into one of the world's best players just like AW has done with other players in time past,

To say he was a well known star or everyone knew he was gonna be fantastic or he was this and that is just the typical manc's way of disparaging AW's philosophy of grooming  virtually unknown players into stardom,

Not surprised though, grin grin

Y'all have been saying nonsense about Dudu so far(just like they said about Henry), When Dudu starts scoring goals now, you will turn around and say, Hell, what did AW do to him? nothing, he's been banging in goals for Croatia and C Zagreb since time immemorial, Wow, not easy engaging in an arguement with u guys!!! grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Akolawole(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2007
HNIC:

What's the definition of a star?

If my friend, bgees had said Cesc was known in football circles before joining Arsenal, I would have had no issues with that statement, but to say he was a star before joining Arsenal, i find that ridiculous!

Who is a football star?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Reacts To Nigeria’s Exit From Russia 2018 / Alex Iwobi Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Footballer Ever / Helicopter Crash: Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, His Daughter, 2 Pilots Were On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.