Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,812 members, 7,945,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876375 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
lala001: sup curioz hope u got ur visa.... ? Nd plz want to know from wat source did u get the *collection message* was it sent as an sms via d fone number u used on ur application? Or your E-mail ?or online via vfs application tracking website?

Yes I got my visa and I was sent an sms on Friday evening although d visa was issued in thursday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 8:33am On Apr 30, 2013
curioz:

That's great I will need some information from you on accommodation. I have been issued my visa.
congrats bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 01, 2013
Hello house please between university of Portsmouth and university of Wolverhampton which would you recommend and why?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2013
Pls guys, how do you see university of derby. Is it worth it? any advice pls.
Am going for B.Eng Electrical and Electronics
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 7:22pm On May 02, 2013
Please house I need your advise on this one....tommorow would make it my 15th working days I applied for my student visa and my last resumption is may 6th on monday...would it be advisable to travel to abuja tommorow and go to BHC to explain to them my situation cos I was told it cud even take up to 20days...what would ya'all advise I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2013
lala001: Please house I need your advise on this one....tommorow would make it my 15th working days I applied for my student visa and my last resumption is may 6th on monday...would it be advisable to travel to abuja tommorow and go to BHC to explain to them my situation cos I was told it cud even take up to 20days...what would ya'all advise I do?

Track again and let's know the latest. They won't attend to you at BHC Abuja. Just keep hoping that it won't exceed 15working days. However, there is bank holiday here on Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 5:15am On May 03, 2013
FutureDon:

Track again and let's know the latest. They won't attend to you at BHC Abuja. Just keep hoping that it won't exceed 15working days. However, there is bank holiday here on Monday.
@futuredon thanks... But their tracking site don't work my status had remain same since the day I submitted.damn so no one would listen @bhc...how about me calling vfs? Mayb dat holiday could be a grace but that means I need to get my sms today to be sure I can meet the deadline. And would bhc still give one the visa if its more than the last resumption date?so I could beg the sch wen I get the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2013
lala001: @futuredon thanks... But their tracking site don't work my status had remain same since the day I submitted.damn so no one would listen @bhc...how about me calling vfs? Mayb dat holiday could be a grace but that means I need to get my sms today to be sure I can meet the deadline. And would bhc still give one the visa if its more than the last resumption date?so I could beg the sch wen I get the visa?

As I have earlier stated, the status won't change until your passport is ready for collection. I asked you to track again because SMS can be unreliable at times (e.g I didnt receive any SMS during my time).

Let's hope that things would change today. However, I'm sure there won't be any problem if you exceed the deadline by few days.

Yes, you can call VFS but remember that they are not the ones issuing visa. But it's better than traveling to Abuja. All the best brother!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:36pm On May 03, 2013
Pls, oga justwise...

I read you say one day that money lodging does not apply for Tier 4 student visa. Therefore, one can just deposit a lump sum in his account and apply after 28 days. Pls, can you confirm this.
Note that the account is owned by a direct relative (Dad or brother)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 5:30pm On May 03, 2013
FutureDon:

As I have earlier stated, the status won't change until your passport is ready for collection. I asked you to track again because SMS can be unreliable at times (e.g I didnt receive any SMS during my time).

Let's hope that things would change today. However, I'm sure there won't be any problem if you exceed the deadline by few days.

Yes, you can call VFS but remember that they are not the ones issuing visa. But it's better than traveling to Abuja. All the best brother!
@futuredon...called and they were just burnining my airtime with jazz music and nobody picking up..so I sent mails repeatedly to vfs and decided to even call bhc lucily I got a response and was told they have issued my visa since thursday and it was like an hour later vfs sent me a mail dat it is ready.... Diz would be the longest and most dreaded weekend of my life...hope I get the visa would travel monday night. No time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2013
spikes C: Pls, oga justwise...

I read you say one day that money lodging does not apply for Tier 4 student visa. Therefore, one can just deposit a lump sum in his account and apply after 28 days. Pls, can you confirm this.
Note that the account is owned by a direct relative (Dad or brother)

Yes that is true but who owns the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 6:14pm On May 03, 2013
lala001: @futuredon.......it was like an hour later vfs sent me a mail dat it is ready.... Diz would be the longest and most dreaded weekend of my life...hope I get the visa would travel monday night. No time.

Bros, I told you. Just wait patiently for Monday to come. You shouldn't be afraid as you have fulfilled the necessary requirements.

Vfs guys suppose chop slaps for not sending out the SMS earlier enough. Maybe dem no want make you sleep dis weekend sha grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2013
justwise:

Yes that is true but who owns the account?

Not sure the one am gonna use yet, but it'll be my dad's or my brother's account.

Is there anything i need to provide because of that?
Like, how they earn the money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2013
spikes C:

Not sure the one am gonna use yet, but it'll be my dad's or my brother's account.

Is there anything i need to provide because of that?
Like, how they earn the money?

You can only use ur Daddy or mum's account, not your brother or sister.

You don't need to proof how they earn it but you have to attach your birth certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2013
justwise:

You can only use ur Daddy or mum's account, not your brother or sister.

You don't need to proof how they earn it but you have to attach your birth certificate.

ok, thanks for the heads up, really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Stution: 5:03pm On May 04, 2013
lala001: @futuredon...called and they were just burnining my airtime with jazz music and nobody picking up..so I sent mails repeatedly to vfs and decided to even call bhc lucily I got a response and was told they have issued my visa since thursday and it was like an hour later vfs sent me a mail dat it is ready.... Diz would be the longest and most dreaded weekend of my life...hope I get the visa would travel monday night. No time.

congrats man
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 5:38pm On May 04, 2013
Stution:

congrats man
thanks boss...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 5:41pm On May 04, 2013
FutureDon:

Bros, I told you. Just wait patiently for Monday to come. You shouldn't be afraid as you have fulfilled the necessary requirements.

Vfs guys suppose chop slaps for not sending out the SMS earlier enough. Maybe dem no want make you sleep dis weekend sha grin
lolz betta slap...see wetin dem cum dey put me tru...hadin bin e get injection I fit take to sleep nd wake up monday morning ...I for too happy...lolz... Sha no wahala monday is around d corner... Thanks bro..vbn helpful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:01am On May 05, 2013
Hello people! Please I will be extremely grateful if my question is answered urgently. My name on my passport,transcript,cas and waec is Obi Sandra. But my gtbank account has Obi Sandra Ogechi. Please will this affect my application? When I print out my statement?I have asked a banker in gtbank and he said it doesn't matter.Secondly,is getting a reference letter from the bank compulsory? Thirdly for a course starting in september is applying in June(ending) too early? I am not sure. Please advise me. Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2013
nanie89: Hello people! Please I will be extremely grateful if my question is answered urgently. My name on my passport,transcript,cas and waec is Obi Sandra. But my gtbank account has Obi Sandra Ogechi. Please will this affect my application? When I print out my statement?I have asked a banker in gtbank and he said it doesn't matter.Secondly,is getting a reference letter from the bank compulsory? Thirdly for a course starting in september is applying in June(ending) too early? I am not sure. Please advise me. Thank you and God bless you all.

It does matter, ask the bank to change the name to correspond with other documents you have.

Getting a reference letter from the bank is not compulsory.

Applying June is not too early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:51am On May 05, 2013
OK THANK YOU,I WILL GO TO GTBANK TOMORROW AND SPEAK TO THEM. I JUST HOPE IT IS DO-ABLE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2013
nanie89: OK THANK YOU,I WILL GO TO GTBANK TOMORROW AND SPEAK TO THEM. I JUST HOPE IT IS DO-ABLE.

It should be doable, go with your passport and other documents that has the correct name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:15am On May 06, 2013
spikes C: Pls guys, how do you see university of derby. Is it worth it? any advice pls.
Am going for B.Eng Electrical and Electronics
Thanks.
The uni is Good! I also gat offer there for Msc. Wat entry month and year are u for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:06pm On May 06, 2013
kellyemms: The uni is Good! I also gat offer there for Msc. Wat entry month and year are u for?

September 2013(This year) 1st year, undergraduate...it's not even my first choice. Am still waiting for an offer from Uni. of Essex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 06, 2013
Hello just wise... I went to gtbank today and they said it is not doable. They said it doesn't matter and i should go and do a paper publication and all.. Someone else said I should go to high court here in lagos and swear an affidavit that the account is mine and that when I am filling the visa forms I should include that middle name...please what do u think I should do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2013
nanie89: Hello just wise... I went to gtbank today and they said it is not doable. They said it doesn't matter and i should go and do a paper publication and all.. Someone else said I should go to high court here in lagos and swear an affidavit that the account is mine and that when I am filling the visa forms I should include that middle name...please what do u think I should do?

who said that sh1t sad
People change personal details in banks all the time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 06, 2013
spikes C:

who said that sh1t sad
People change personal details in banks all the time

Well that's what the customer care agent told me at the bank today. Even told me that they called dere legal department and they said it can't be changed. I don't know if I should go and open a fresh account in another bank before I put in the £7200 maintanance fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On May 06, 2013
nanie89: Hello just wise... I went to gtbank today and they said it is not doable. They said it doesn't matter and i should go and do a paper publication and all.. Someone else said I should go to high court here in lagos and swear an affidavit that the account is mine and that when I am filling the visa forms I should include that middle name...please what do u think I should do?

That is what you should do, go for the affidavit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by master007: 6:42pm On May 09, 2013
Good day house. The new student visa law say we must attend a short interview stating the reason we want to study in Uk. You can check online @ www.ukvac-ng.com. What info are they after, because most courses we are going to do in Uk are done in Nigeria. Can we tell them the reason is because UK certificate is international recognised. Or what? Please help with info.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AgentONE(m): 11:01pm On May 09, 2013
Hello everyone,i wanted to know if anyone knew about the nigerian community in Queenmary UoL?
Also what kind of school is it,not many prospective students are talking abt it on nairaland and am keen on joing them this sept for a study of aerospace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.