Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,452 members, 7,911,109 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (873336 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pls dis is urgent. Do I av to make a transaction on d day am going to print d statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
curioz: Pls dis is urgent. Do I av to make a transaction on d day am going to print d statement?

Only if your bank statement does not show closing balance date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Evening Justwise and thread contributors who spit insight by their replies, I got my CAS today though my school resumes first week of October, please how soon can I apply for my visa?
I believe I once saw 3months to resumption somewhere
Am I mistaken?

Also,I plan on visiting continental Europe after my first semester and during summer, can I process my visa over there or would I have to process it from here?
If from here under what category would I apply for it since no one from there is extending an invitation to me?
would i have to have gotten my UK visa first?
also which european country do you think is most favourable and open towards such an application?

Thanks for the replies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2013
fiscalcliff: Evening Justwise and thread contributors who spit insight by their replies, I got my CAS today though my school resumes first week of October, please how soon can I apply for my visa?
I believe I once saw 3months to resumption somewhere
Am I mistaken?

Also,I plan on visiting continental Europe after my first semester and during summer, can I process my visa over there or would I have to process it from here?
If from here under what category would I apply for it since no one from there is extending an invitation to me?
would i have to have gotten my UK visa first?
also which european country do you think is most favourable and open towards such an application?

Thanks for the replies

1. Yes its 3months before the resumption date.

2.Yes you can apply for visa from the UK.

3.I don't think there is any favorable or non favorable EU country for that as far as i know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
I thought this might help anybody going to submit application at the VFS offices. I was at the Ikeja office to submit my tier-4 application today and I went with my filled forms but to my surprise they told they don't collect hand filled forms again that I have to go and apply online and print out the forms so I had to go and fill a new personal details form online but the Appendix 8 form was hand filled. I finally submitted my application and I have received the sms that my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy High Commission so am waiting patiently for the outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobbyhenry: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
curioz: I thought this might help anybody going to submit application at the VFS offices. I was at the Ikeja office to submit my tier-4 application today and I went with my filled forms but to my surprise they told they don't collect hand filled forms again that I have to go and apply online and print out the forms so I had to go and fill a new personal details form online but the Appendix 8 form was hand filled. I finally submitted my application and I have received the sms that my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy High Commission so am waiting patiently for the outcome.

Its going to be success! Do let us know when you collect your visa please... Good luck!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2013
justwise:

1. Yes its 3months before the resumption date.

2.Yes you can apply for visa from the UK.

3.I don't think there is any favorable or non favorable EU country for that as far as i know.

Oga justwise, thanks for your reply
Swift and straight to the point
Regarding you second reply, does this apply also to STUDY VISAS to cross over from the UK and go on to countries like Norway, Germany or some few EU countries which still offer free education or is it just only visiting visas?
Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
fiscalcliff:

Oga justwise, thanks for your reply
Swift and straight to the point
Regarding you second reply, does this apply also to STUDY VISAS to cross over from the UK and go on to countries like Norway, Germany or some few EU countries which still offer free education or is it just only visiting visas?
Thanks in advance

Yes you can apply from the UK to study in those countries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by femijck(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fellow landers please can anyone help me out on how to apply through UCAS i seems nt to understand d website though i av completely registered on the site and i av the school and course i want to register for...bt dnt knw d procedures plz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
femijck: Fellow landers please can anyone help me out on how to apply through UCAS i seems nt to understand d website though i av completely registered on the site and i av the school and course i want to register for...bt dnt knw d procedures plz

hmmm, better be fast oooo
Just follow the links at the left sidebar from top to bottom wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by femijck(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
spikes C:

hmmm, better be fast oooo
Just follow the links at the left sidebar from top to bottom wink
thx bro d course starts sept 16 can i stil meet up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
femijck: thx bro d course starts sept 16 can i stil meet up?

yeah ofcourse. The good thing is that they forward your application to the schools immediately you pay.

Which school are you applying to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
femijck: Fellow landers please can anyone help me out on how to apply through UCAS i seems nt to understand d website though i av completely registered on the site and i av the school and course i want to register for...bt dnt knw d procedures plz

Why not apply directly to the school through the school website?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
justwise:

Some schools doesn't allow that. You know u gotta pay at UCAS wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by femijck(m): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2013
justwise:

the school does nt allow that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by femijck(m): 12:01am On Apr 12, 2013
spikes C:

yeah ofcourse. The good thing is that they forward your application to the schools immediately you pay.

Which school are you applying to?
university of westminster.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:15am On Apr 12, 2013
femijck: the school does nt allow that.

I see
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2013
femijck: university of westminster.
thats cool.
I applied to 7 schools actually, but my top choice is University of Essex.

Good luck to you man cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by femijck(m): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2013
spikes C:
thanks man we shall all make it...i'll be payn ucas wit my UBA debit card hope i dnt need any conversion before doing that.
I applied to 7 schools actually, but my top choice is University of Essex.

Good luck to you man cool
thanks man...we shall all meet at d top
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worldnews: 6:42am On Apr 13, 2013
femijck: thanks man...we shall all meet at d top

PLEASE GUYS!!!! I have this issue of TOELF because am always busy guy and I learnt there's is internet based test but still wonder how I can go about this......PLEASE ANY ADVICE HERE??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2013
worldnews:

PLEASE GUYS!!!! I have this issue of TOELF because am always busy guy and I learnt there's is internet based test but still wonder how I can go about this......PLEASE ANY ADVICE HERE??

http://www.ets.org/toefl
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worldnews: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2013
FutureDon:

http://www.ets.org/toefl

Thank you!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobbyhenry: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
HELLO FELLOW LANDERS. PLEASE CAN UK EMBASSY DENY A STUDENT VISA IF I DON'T HAVE A TOELF?

I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED INTO AN ACADEMY IN UK WHICH IS 1YEAR COURSE [DIPLOMA COURSE] BUT TOELF RESULT WAS NOT REALLY CONCERNED BY THE ACADEMY SO, THEY DIDN'T DISTURB FOR IT BEFORE ACCEPTING ME.

NOW, I WANT TO KNOW IF THE UK EMBASSY WILL DENY ME BECAUSE OF THIS. PLEASE REPLY WITH USEFUL INFO!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hi felow nairalanders....I made my application yesterday at the vfs in abuja and like has been posted here b4,the appliication is now being done online but the appendix 8 form is still stands. so basically d filled online print out and d appendix 8 form/necessary docs. But have some quesion bordering me if any cud enlighten me. 1.my school resumes 22 april and like I said I applied 12 april. But the school had given me till may 3rd to resume but did not state it on the cas...dey claim ukba knows already, wud dat be a problem and I had also stated I would love to come to the uk 28th april and made one silly mistake by saying that the sch gave me till may 6th to resume instead of may 3rd..*excaped my mind*...would dat amout to false info and possibly banned? And can I make it wif diz short time frame? 2. I did a professional course with a professional body :customer relationship management institute but its not a degree awarding body,just sumtin like NIIT and dat was wat was stated on my CAS to submit...would ukba claim its not a recongnize degree institution and refuse me? Lastly I did not submit my cas along wif my docs altho I wrote my cas number and all the info derived from the cas in my form but just did not submit the hardcopy along side...would that be a problem? Here was all the docs I submitted. My online print out form, appendix 8 form, 2passport picture, valid passport,bank statement in my name wif 2.5M held for 28dayz,my professional post graduate cert/photocopy from the institute I talked about above,birth certificate/photocopy. English not needed assessed by the school,and I did not include my cas letter like I said but all necessary info on it was well filled in the appendix 8 form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotlankaregbe(m): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hello people,
My name is olanrewaju.......i will like to receive my response in my account or my DELETED
firstly..i want both GRE and TOEFL-ibt materials to be sent to me, then Can i apply 4 admission in European universities if i have my document as a legit and how will i do it,? Coz i have a 1st degree 4rm nigerian university with my transcript at my disposal.......plz i need tutors and way to go with it. May allah helps u all.
Eseun ooooooo. Nago de Imela..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Please Mr Justwise? Between West Midland and North England... Where is the best place to school and also do part-time jobs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2013
fados4sure: Please Mr Justwise? Between West Midland and North England... Where is the best place to school and also do part-time jobs?

What towns are you thinking of in West Mids and North England?
North England covers a big area. If you are more specific you may get better answer.
BUT remember in most big towns Pakistani (Muslim) comunity is strong and looking at all jobs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sup fellow nairalanders.... I have applied for my teir 4 visa since 12th april ..so today makes it 8 working dayz but ever since I have been tracking to know my current status I still see the same sms they sent me the first day that "Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission
 plz does that mean that they've not even started processing my application, cos someone said that status is surposed to change 3 times. Very worried nd in a tight corner cos my sch uni sunderland london campus have already resume on monday 22 april although they told me d cas they sent to ukba states I had to be in the sch May 6th..just hope I beat dat day. By the way I did all required. Had my cas,28dayz personal statement (2.5M) paid full tuition nd document on the cas and photocopies alondside the online application form and appendix... So I feel I'm ok in that area except they've seen sometin I didn't know about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^^ Mr lala001

I understand you are getting really anxious, it's understandable. Aside your current status, the only time your status is going to change is when your passport is ready for collection (based on personal experience).

Just be calm bro, you have nothing to worry about. You would buy me beer when your visa comes out smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
FutureDon: ^^^ Mr lala001

I understand you are getting really anxious, it's understandable. Aside your current status, the only time your status is going to change is when your passport is ready for collection (based on personal experience).

Just be calm bro, you have nothing to worry about. You would buy me beer when your visa comes out smiley
@futuredon thanks...much relieved knowing its not compulsory that status most change. I'm hopefull sha....as per the beer once dem TATOO my passport u go drink tire.lolz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ Just wise Wen studying in the Uk, During Holidays, is it Possible to successfully apply for a Canadian Visiting Visa if My uncle sends an invitation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.