Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,432 members, 7,911,072 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (873331 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
@Justwise,pls hope its not too early to apply for a visa in June for a program starting by September.It's a M.sc program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
know: @Justwise,pls hope its not too early to apply for a visa in June for a program starting by September.It's a M.sc program.

June is not too early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by futurewise11(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
please what does this stand for,am applying for uG program in germany

Proof of English proficiency:

(NEW: Starting from the winter semester 2011/12 applicants from abroad as well as applicants to higher semesters are required to provide proof of English proficiency.)

- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language - 550 points (paper-based), 213
(computer based) or 79 (Internet-based)
- Cambridge First Certificate
- IELTS - International English Language Testing System - 6.0 points
- or equivalents, level B2 of the Common European Framwork of Reference for Languages (CEFR)

Native speakers of English, applicants from countries where English is the official language and applicants, who spent at least 10 months or longer in an English speaking country and applicants, who graduated from an international grammar / high school do not have to give proof of English language proficiency by one of the above mentioned certificates.

As a nigerian am I qualify as native speaker of english since that's our official language. do i still need to submit toefl score?although have registered for the test but am in need of schools that waive toefl.

this is from another school deggendolf

Minimum of six years of English completed with a degree of “good” (2.0) or better (according to German grading system)
TOEFL (min. 100 points on internet-based test)
IELTS
Minimum of six months residency in an English-speaking country
High-school diploma awarded in an English-speaking country
Native English speaker

can i use mt waec since i have b3 in my waec to excape this toef cos 100 is a bit high
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys, it's been a while. hope u guys remember me? i applied for a tier 4 visa in August 2012 and as of now i've not received any decision from the British High Commission. They've stopped replying my mails since October. My college has been on suspension since August and it's still not on the ukba lists of sponsors. Anytime i speak to the college I'm told the issue is still being sorted out.I have no idea what's going on. We are talking of 154 working days. I've taken UK and Ghana holidays out as well as weekends. it's very frustrating because i have all my original academic and professional certificates with the British High Commission. It's almost 8 months now. Any advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
newsbest007: Hi guys, it's been a while. hope u guys remember me? i applied for a tier 4 visa in August 2012 and as of now i've not received any decision from the British High Commission. They've stopped replying my mails since October. My college has been on suspension since August and it's still not on the ukba lists of sponsors. Anytime i speak to the college I'm told the issue is still being sorted out.I have no idea what's going on. We are talking of 154 working days. I've taken UK and Ghana holidays out as well as weekends. it's very frustrating because i have all my original academic and professional certificates with the British High Commission. It's almost 8 months now. Any advice?

154 working days, mehn you be oga oo. Why do you still have your docs with the British HC? Are you waiting for the college to be re-accredited? Sorry for asking too many questions, but I would suggest you withdraw your visa application (so you could get your docs back) and apply to another recognized higher institution. You really need to move on, except this college has assured you a world bank job upon graduation smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 11:31am On Mar 28, 2013
I don't really have an issue withdrawing my application. But the issue is about getting my refund. According to the college if I withdraw my application before a decision is taken on my application it will be difficult to get my money back. They still have my documents because their rules state that until they resolve the issue with my Education provider, they will hold on to the decision. It's ok to ask questions anyway. It's all meant to address the situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
I was unaware that you still have your funds with the college in question. That's a dilemma.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
Since you paid to small school which has been withdrawn from list you may have lost your money.
There is a good chance that the school was a fraud from the start and that was why accreditation was withdrawn.
You may be kissing your money goodbye.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koksy2k2: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hello Justwise and all nairalanders, i am new to this forum, i have heard a lot of good stuff about it which is why i am here now.

I have a nagging question for you justwise, my uni starts April 22nd and i applied for my visa on tuesday the 26th. when my CAS was issued i noticed some mistakes like wrong birth date, passport number and diploma course subject. I sent an email to the uni asking them to amend the letter and issue another so i could go and drop off my application this is the reply the school sent me.

We have made the amendments and have updated the changes on the UKBA CAS system, therefore, you can submit the CAS letter I have issued you.
We cannot add the changes on the letter but we have added the changes on the CAS system which the UKBA and the Embassy have access to.
We cannot change the address, which is not as important as the passport number and date of birth. If you want the address to be changed on the letter, you will
Have to wait until the system is working and you would need to change your appointment date. However, you can submit your visa application today based on the changes we
Have made on the system in regards to your passport number and date of birth.

If you have any questions, please let me know

the only reason i went ahead with it was because the lady convinced me that the visa officials always verify online which is where they would see the sponsor note attached with the updated amendments.
So i guess my question now is was it a wise move going ahead with the submission or should i have insisted on the re-issue of the CAS? i know that the answer wouldnt quite make a difference being that i have already put in my application but i would appreciate one nonetheless..

the wait is excruciating i would need to get this worrying off my mind..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
koksy2k2: Hello Justwise and all nairalanders, i am new to this forum, i have heard a lot of good stuff about it which is why i am here now.

I have a nagging question for you justwise, my uni starts April 22nd and i applied for my visa on tuesday the 26th. when my CAS was issued i noticed some mistakes like wrong birth date, passport number and diploma course subject. I sent an email to the uni asking them to amend the letter and issue another so i could go and drop off my application this is the reply the school sent me.

We have made the amendments and have updated the changes on the UKBA CAS system, therefore, you can submit the CAS letter I have issued you.
We cannot add the changes on the letter but we have added the changes on the CAS system which the UKBA and the Embassy have access to.
We cannot change the address, which is not as important as the passport number and date of birth. If you want the address to be changed on the letter, you will
Have to wait until the system is working and you would need to change your appointment date. However, you can submit your visa application today based on the changes we
Have made on the system in regards to your passport number and date of birth.

If you have any questions, please let me know

the only reason i went ahead with it was because the lady convinced me that the visa officials always verify online which is where they would see the sponsor note attached with the updated amendments.
So i guess my question now is was it a wise move going ahead with the submission or should i have insisted on the re-issue of the CAS? i know that the answer wouldnt quite make a difference being that i have already put in my application but i would appreciate one nonetheless..

the wait is excruciating i would need to get this worrying off my mind..
Since the school assured you that the changes has been made then you got nothing to worry about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koksy2k2: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
thanks a lot Justwise i appreciate your prompt response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koksy2k2: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 7:15am On Mar 29, 2013
koksy2k2: thanks a lot Justwise i appreciate your prompt response
Don't forget to pop champange with him when you hammer your visa O! cheesy cheesy
He's really a Godsend although like other NL mods,he can be ...............
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Mar 29, 2013
koksy2k2: thanks a lot Justwise i appreciate your prompt response

No worries, fingers crossed it will be a positive news for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshal: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ justwise, thanks so much for your prompt response always. My question is actually drawn from a part of the application form (6.4). "PUT A CROSS IN THE BOX TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO COVER REMAINING COURSE FEES DUE FOR PAYMENT". Should I leave it blank considering I have paid my school fees completely?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
poshal: @ justwise, thanks so much for your prompt response always. My question is actually drawn from a part of the application form (6.4). "PUT A CROSS IN THE BOX TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO COVER REMAINING COURSE FEES DUE FOR PAYMENT". Should I leave it blank considering I have paid my school fees completely?

You have to put a cross in the box whether you have paid all your fees or have the money in the bank, you are basically saying that...yes i have the money to fund my studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshal: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
justwise:

You have to put a cross in the box whether you have paid all your fees or have the money in the bank, you are basically saying that...yes i have the money to fund my studies.

Thanks a lot. my other question has to do with my IELTS. It was not stated in my CAS rather my school said they have assessed my english language ability and are satisfied. Please do i have to include my IELTS as one of the documents am submitting with my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
poshal:

Thanks a lot. my other question has to do with my IELTS. It was not stated in my CAS rather my school said they have assessed my english language ability and are satisfied. Please do i have to include my IELTS as one of the documents am submitting with my application?

Its a win win situation, including it can only strengthen your position, if you have taken the exam then include the result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshal: 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
justwise:

Its a win win situation, including it can only strengthen your position, if you have taken the exam then include the result.

Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Justwise please can U send me your email address.I want to ask U some Questions ahead of My Applications. Has the British Govt can the rules that after studies U can stay behind to work? Please reply. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Makomen Omonkhomion: Justwise please can U send me your email address.I want to ask U some Questions ahead of My Applications. Has the British Govt can the rules that after studies U can stay behind to work? Please reply. Thanks.

That rule applies to Ph.D students only.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Does it mean I have to do a PhD before I can work in the Uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Makomen Omonkhomion: Does it mean I have to do a PhD before I can work in the Uk?

You can work part time(20hrs) as a student and full time during summer holidays but to stay bank to look for job after graduation you have to be a Ph.D student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Larryupsy: 12:13am On Apr 02, 2013
Please,as at d time of applying for my Msc in the Uk im a fresh graduate without a NYSC certificate and also without exception letter and won't be available at d tym of submitting my documents to UKBA.hope dis is nt a vital requirement by d agency and hope it wont lead to my visa being refused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Apr 02, 2013
Larryupsy: Please,as at d time of applying for my Msc in the Uk im a fresh graduate without a NYSC certificate and also without exception letter and won't be available at d tym of submitting my documents to UKBA.hope dis is nt a vital requirement by d agency and hope it wont lead to my visa being refused

You have to submit your application in person because your fingerprint will be taken.

I'm not sure that the issue of NYSC certificate stuff, people here will answer that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannywest: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2013
Larryupsy: Please,as at d time of applying for my Msc in the Uk im a fresh graduate without a NYSC certificate and also without exception letter and won't be available at d tym of submitting my documents to UKBA.hope dis is nt a vital requirement by d agency and hope it wont lead to my visa being refused
Nysc is not necessary, I know people here doing Msc without it with first degrees fom Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2013
dannywest:
Nysc is not necessary, I know people here doing Msc without it with first degrees fom Nigeria.

Absolutely correct!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Larryupsy: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
.@dannywest,thanks for dat info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Larryupsy: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
[quote author=Larryupsy@justwise, thanks bt which means or where can that my question concerning d Nysc certificate as regard ur response/quote]
Larryupsy: .@dannywest,thanks for dat info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello Justwise thanks for your usual help in this forum. Please I would like to verify some things although i asked before. I paid in my balance of tuition and maintenance fee on the 12th of March and its going to be the 28th day on the 9th of April, I want to print my statement that day and apply same day hope there won't be problem with the application cause my school resumes on the 3rd of May and i have been given permission to resume on the 6th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
curioz: Hello Justwise thanks for your usual help in this forum. Please I would like to verify some things although i asked before. I paid in my balance of tuition and maintenance fee on the 12th of March and its going to be the 28th day on the 9th of April, I want to print my statement that day and apply same day hope there won't be problem with the application cause my school resumes on the 3rd of May and i have been given permission to resume on the 6th.

You shouldn't have a problem printing out the statement and applying on the same day. As long as you've met all the other requirements as well you'll be issued the visa. Just make sure to include the email that says you have permission to resume on 6th (though I expect this will be in the CAS). Goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotlankaregbe(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
hi.
My name is akeem 4rm nigeria, i applied to study my master in Bulgaria in the summer,Dobrich campus,can anybody fill me in with the place, and i also need work to keep me going with the 1 year period of this programme.
plz i need materials on GRE,any available materials................is it easy 4u to school in europe without entering as a student? How do i go with it?
Thanks very much....................am in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.