Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (872898 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 6:53am On Jun 28, 2013
hi justwise,how much maintenance money must i show in my account, if i am going for a 3 months course in the UK ,specifically in London town.

Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
damsey: hi. justwise, am also in d same shoe with masperano as regards official sponsorship from institution. Can i apply for Visa without statement of account showing d money needed for study & maintainance? My CAS statement indicates clearly dat am been sponsored by d institution and pls state clearly d documents am to use for visa purpose. Thanks.

Read point 174 about sponsorship here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibomboy: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Just wise, Weldone on ur advice. pls I have admission for a masters in the UK and the school has sent me a CAS after paying part of my school fees 4600 out of 13700. I have lodged my maintenance funds in my account and waiting for it to clock 28days b4 i apply for the visa. Saw a reply of yours to someone that he needs to pay his fees in full b4 applying. will my part payment of fees affect my chances of a successful visa application?
Pls reply thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello Justwise, am very proud of your selfless efforts on Naiaraland and u answer all qstns even when they seem unnecessary.
My qstn is I got a scholarship worth 4000P from uni of brighton, they hv equally Stated it on my CAS. I hv the bal fee and cost of livin in my accnt and wish to apply for visa this Aug agaisnt sept 30. Now my passprt has 3 names, but my WAEC , trAnscrpt and Certicate carry just two names. Do I need to swear an affidavit for that?
Secondly. I hv a 2yr visitin visa which I did not use cos last year I tot I wuld travel to canada for school but was denied the visa. Would it affect me negativly?
Thank you as I know u will respond soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Be+2012:
Hello Justwise, am very proud of your selfless efforts on Naiaraland and u answer all qstns even when they seem unnecessary.
My qstn is I got a scholarship worth 4000P from uni of brighton, they hv equally Stated it on my CAS. I hv the bal fee and cost of livin in my accnt and wish to apply for visa this Aug agaisnt sept 30. Now my passprt has 3 names, but my WAEC , trAnscrpt and Certicate carry just two names. Do I need to swear an affidavit for that?
Secondly. I hv a 2yr visitin visa which I did not use cos last year I tot I wuld travel to canada for school but was denied the visa. Would it affect me negativly?
Thank you as I know u will respond soon

Yes affidavit will take care of that.

The 2yrs visiting visa will have no effect on your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
ibomboy: Just wise, Weldone on ur advice. pls I have admission for a masters in the UK and the school has sent me a CAS after paying part of my school fees 4600 out of 13700. I have lodged my maintenance funds in my account and waiting for it to clock 28days b4 i apply for the visa. Saw a reply of yours to someone that he needs to pay his fees in full b4 applying. will my part payment of fees affect my chances of a successful visa application?
Pls reply thanks

No, you are good to go, as long as the school did not ask you to pay in full then you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise: [/b]

No, you are good to go, as long as the school did not ask you to pay in full then you will be fine

hi justwise,how much maintenance money must i show in my account, if i am going for a 3 months course in the UK ,specifically in London town.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
spazio:

Paid for accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

Paid for accommodation?

No justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
spazio:

No justwise

You need to budget a 1000 pounds monthly....that includes accommodation and other expenses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

You need to budget a 1000 pounds monthly....that includes accommodation and other expenses.

meaning 3,000 pounds right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
spazio:

meaning 3,000 pounds right

Yup, excluding your course fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

Yup, excluding your course fee

ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

You don't need any receipt, CAS will do.

Do you have your maintenance money? (7200 or 9000 pounds) in bank account?

Justwise, a quick question i want to find out whether the accommodation fee is included in the 7200 of the maintenance/living funds

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
walako:

Justwise, a quick question i want to find out whether the accommodation fee is included in the 7200 of the maintenance/living funds

Hope to hear from you soon

Yes its
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

Yes its

So, applicants who pay for school fees alone WITHOUT paying for accommodation will still be granted the visa provided he/she has £9000 or £7200 in his account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
NaijaIhail:

So, applicants who pay for school fees alone WITHOUT paying for accommodation will still be granted the visa provided he/she has £9000 or £7200 in his account?

That is the case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

That is the case

Wow!!!!! That's great....thank you justwise!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibomboy: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Thanks a lot justwise. thats a relief. Great work u r doing here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 9:15am On Jun 29, 2013
@Justwise, please i have a question. I deposited some money in my account to cover my wife and baby's maintenance (i am on scholarship which pays my own tuition and maintenance). As you know this money is expected to stay in the account for 28 days. The 28 days will end next week. Suddenly i received an alert from my bank indicating that the bank credited my account with some interest on the money in my account. Now i'm a little worried because my understanding of the UK Visa rules is that no form of transaction is to take place on one's account during the 28 days period. is this truly the case?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2013
wolske: @Justwise, please i have a question. I deposited some money in my account to cover my wife and baby's maintenance (i am on scholarship which pays my own tuition and maintenance). As you know this money is expected to stay in the account for 28 days. The 28 days will end next week. Suddenly i received an alert from my bank indicating that the bank credited my account with some interest on the money in my account. Now i'm a little worried because my understanding of the UK Visa rules is that no form of transaction is to take place on one's account during the 28 days period. is this truly the case?

That is not true, you can have more in your account but not less, as long as the transaction did not reduce the required amount then you will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemstar1: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
@justwise, I want to apply for a tier4 student visa and need to know if I can apply in Aug when my international passport will be expiring in Dec, 2013. I will also like to know the procedure to change name on international passport for a man, this the reason why i have not renewed my passport because I changed my last name with affidavit and newspaper publication as legal documents. I have heard different contradictory things and I really need to know the procedure as time is of the essence to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
yemstar1: @justwise, I want to apply for a tier4 student visa and need to know if I can apply in Aug when my international passport will be expiring in Dec, 2013. I will also like to know the procedure to change name on international passport for a man, this the reason why i have not renewed my passport because I changed my last name with affidavit and newspaper publication as legal documents. I have heard different contradictory things and I really need to know the procedure as time is of the essence to me.

Renew your passport before applying for visa because you don't have upto 6months validity in that passport to meet the requirement

I don't know any other way of going about change of name apart from what you stated there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemstar1: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
justwise:

Renew your passport before applying for visa because you don't have upto 6months validity in that passport to meet the requirement

I don't know any other way of going about change of name apart from what you stated there.

Thank you for your prompt response, I was told I have to go to Abuja to get it done.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
yemstar1:

Thank you for your prompt response, I was told I have to go to Abuja to get it done.

I'm not really sure about that , maybe somebody here will be able to help ask that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 3:51am On Jun 30, 2013
Justwise

A quick question,wanted to find out,with regards to the stuffing of the maintenance funds in the account.i want to know whether the 28 days consist of weekends and lastly incase,i am applying for my tier 4 visa ,how long will it take to get my visa from the Embassy.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2013
@Justwise. Please what is the general success rate of joint visa applications for an offer holder and his dependants. I noticed we don't really have too many comments on such issues on this thread. Thanks .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2013
spazio: Justwise

A quick question,wanted to find out,with regards to the stuffing of the maintenance funds in the account.i want to know whether the 28 days consist of weekends and lastly incase,i am applying for my tier 4 visa ,how long will it take to get my visa from the Embassy.

Thank you

Yes the 28days includes weekends and visa normally comes out within 15-20 working days but applying late can extend that period, so the earlier the better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jun 30, 2013
wolske: @Justwise. Please what is the general success rate of joint visa applications for an offer holder and his dependants. I noticed we don't really have too many comments on such issues on this thread. Thanks .

The success is not bad but you have to convince the ECO that you have prepared financially for your dependants, you need to get family-oriented accommodation, read dependant section of this PDF file for what is expected.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Justwise as you said before in the previous post that if you apply late they will extend more than th usually time.
What is the reason and how much more time they will take to give the reply I mean ofcourse they will say no but when I will receive my passport back
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Crossover2: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
Justwise, you seem to be a guru on this subject matter. I wanted to ask if the 25k fee that one can pay to speed up the processing of visas also applies to tier 4 applications. And has anyone gone through this route yet. Ur views will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Muhammad Javed: Justwise as you said before in the previous post that if you apply late they will extend more than th usually time.
What is the reason and how much more time they will take to give the reply I mean ofcourse they will say no but when I will receive my passport back
Thank you

I'm surprised that your is taking this long, you really have to keep calling the embassy to find out why

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.