Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869751 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
justwise:

Ask them to return your old passport since you have used the details there to apply for admission, presenting photo copies is not a good idea. you supposed to submit both the old and the new passport.

I actually called again to know if I could be given my old passport but they reiterated again I cant have it back since i had neva used it to travel before and it's not like it expired.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
As regards oanda, apart from writing how much u have in your account in pounds on the bank statemnts/Application, should one write the conversion of the amount needed to still be paid in Naira or how do they check ur transactions during the 28 days didn't bring ur balance below what's required?

Should I take my passport at VFS or give the specs to a photographer?

These ones need answering too....pls good pple!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
kunlewoye: As regards oanda, apart from writing how much u have in your account in pounds on the bank statemnts/Application, should one write the conversion of the amount needed to still be paid in Naira or how do they check ur transactions during the 28 days didn't bring ur balance below what's required?

Should I take my passport at VFS or give the specs to a photographer?

These ones need answering too....pls good pple!

They will use the exchange rate of the day you submitted your application. Write out the exchange rate of the day you are making the application.

They will take your picture during the process of biometric just like the process of e-passport application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2012
kunlewoye:

I actually called again to know if I could be given my old passport but they reiterated again I cant have it back since i had neva used it to travel before and it's not like it expired.

If your previous passport was a virgin passport and also an e-passport, they won't return it. Apply with the new one, and when asked in the application segment abt previous passport history, state the old passport number and any others you had before it. then state that it's been replaced by a new passport stating your (current) passport number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MeNutty(f): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2012
@ just wise,u're such a wonderful person, God bless u big, I have a concern, I submitted my application few days ago and the name on my personal statement of acct. Is slightly diff from d name on d rest of my docs for instance d name on d rest of my docs says Adebiyi Temi Esther, and d name on my acct statement says Adebiyi Temitope Esther, and I didn't get any cover letter from d bank nor did I point it out in d additional information, hope it won't pose any problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2012
MeNutty: @ just wise,u're such a wonderful person, God bless u big, I have a concern, I submitted my application few days ago and the name on my personal statement of acct. Is slightly diff from d name on d rest of my docs for instance d name on d rest of my docs says Adebiyi Temi Esther, and d name on my acct statement says Adebiyi Temitope Esther, and I didn't get any cover letter from d bank nor did I point it out in d additional information, hope it won't pose any problem?
. It won't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2012
@justwise
Thanks for all the advise and guidance offered on this forum,its been a great help.please i need ur help/advice.Am about to apply for my tier 4(general) visa but my old passport, which is ano e-passport has been replaced with a new one.i've made a previous application for a visiting visa to the uk in 2009 which was refused.on d tier 4 application form,there's a place they asked for home office reference number for previous applications and sincerely,i don't ave dt again as all d documents relating to dt application has been destroyed(by d july 10,2011 flood) i only ave my old passport number with me. D old passport has been collected back by immigrations.pls what can i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2012
MeNutty: @ just wise,u're such a wonderful person, God bless u big, I have a concern, I submitted my application few days ago and the name on my personal statement of acct. Is slightly diff from d name on d rest of my docs for instance d name on d rest of my docs says Adebiyi Temi Esther, and d name on my acct statement says Adebiyi Temitope Esther, and I didn't get any cover letter from d bank nor did I point it out in d additional information, hope it won't pose any problem?

If you met all requirements then the ECO will not deny you visa because of that, it becomes a prob when other documents have different names but in this case its only one, so i expect you to be ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2012
penfold: @justwise
Thanks for all the advise and guidance offered on this forum,its been a great help.please i need ur help/advice.Am about to apply for my tier 4(general) visa but my old passport, which is ano e-passport has been replaced with a new one.i've made a previous application for a visiting visa to the uk in 2009 which was refused.on d tier 4 application form,there's a place they asked for home office reference number for previous applications and sincerely,i don't ave dt again as all d documents relating to dt application has been destroyed(by d july 10,2011 flood) i only ave my old passport number with me. D old passport has been collected back by immigrations.pls what can i do?

Why were you refused a visa in 2009?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Why were you refused a visa in 2009?

I was refused because the letter of invitation from the hospital in london where i was meant to have my outside posting as a medical student came one week before the date they specified i was to resume,so by d time i was making the visa application,it was like 5 days to resumption, so the high commission said that my visa application was submitted too late as there was no way i could resume for outside posting on d date they specified unless the hospital gives me another resumption date,after which i can now re-apply. But i didnt do dt because by then i wld ave been on another posting in nigeria. So i just did d posting at uch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2012

If you can't remember the previous homeoffice Ref its not a prob, write down the old passport number when asked.

Your previous refusal will not affect your current application but if you are asked about previous refusal don't forget to mention it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
If you applied and received emails from vfs during your previous application, you should still be able to find one of the emails they sent you about your application progress in your inbox. Your Ref no should be dere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
@kunlewoye what passport number is stated on your cas?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hi all, my hubby is my sponsor and he wants me to present money he has kept in fixed deposit, though the last is to mature in 10 days time, so I plan applying that same day. Consdering the closeness to Sept,Is first week in Aug still alright for the application? Do I need to book appointment before going or can just go and take biometrics details same day and submit the application on the spot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by uulove(f): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
I have been following this thread silently and I am quite impressed by the posts/contributions from all forumites.@justwise,you are doing a great job.I have 2 questions
1.How do I make payment for my visa i.e do I pay at a bank or cash at the visa office?If in a bank,are there some designated banks?

2.I plan to submit my visa application by Sept11th.Will that be ok since my course starts Oct 15th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: Hi all, my hubby is my sponsor and he wants me to present money he has kept in fixed deposit, though the last is to mature in 10 days time, so I plan applying that same day. Consdering the closeness to Sept,Is first week in Aug still alright for the application? Do I need to book appointment before going or can just go and take biometrics details same day and submit the application on the spot.
Please clarify what do you mean by your husband is your 'Sponsor'? The money kept in the Fixed deposit, Is it in your name? You can apply 1st week in Aug, You can book an appointment or go there anyday you want. It depends on you. But please answer the questions I asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
uulove: I have been following this thread silently and I am quite impressed by the posts/contributions from all forumites.@justwise,you are doing a great job.I have 2 questions
1.How do I make payment for my visa i.e do I pay at a bank or cash at the visa office?If in a bank,are there some designated banks?

2.I plan to submit my visa application by Sept11th.Will that be ok since my course starts Oct 15th?

1.People who have done that will help you out.

2. Why not August? That is a bit too close.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
uulove: I have been following this thread silently and I am quite impressed by the posts/contributions from all forumites.@justwise,you are doing a great job.I have 2 questions

. You pay at the VFS when you go to submit your application. Yes, You can apply by the 11th. There's sufficient time to process the VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2012

They only use sterling bank. On the ukba nigeria website it is stated that you can either pay at any of sterling bank branch or at vfs.however, I would advice that you take the money to you to vfs on the day you intend to make the application. That was what I did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by uulove(f): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks Justwise,Donxavier and Honey86.You guys are wonderful.
@honey86,do I go with pounds or the naira equivalent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueleled: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
I av applied for my uk student visa since 3rd of July, i am yet to receive a text or change of status on d vfs site. Has anyone gotten his/her student visa in the last 3 weeks?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
uulove: Thanks Justwise,Donxavier and Honey86.You guys are wonderful.
@honey86,do I go with pounds or the naira equivalent?
Naira.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
samuel.eled:
I av applied for my uk student visa since 3rd of July, i am yet to receive a text or change of status on d vfs site. Has anyone gotten his/her student visa in the last 3 weeks?
I applied on d 4th and I havnt hrd anything either.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
By my husband being my sponsor, I mean he is sponsoring me financially and not the sponsor as in the uni
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: By my husband being my sponsor, I mean he is sponsoring me financially and not the sponsor as in the uni
. Whose's account are you using?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: By my husband being my sponsor, I mean he is sponsoring me financially and not the sponsor as in the uni

I'm not sure your husband can sponsor you, i'm looking for the link to back it up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

They will use the exchange rate of the day you submitted your application. Write out the exchange rate of the day you are making the application.

They will take your picture during the process of biometric just like the process of e-passport application.

I have applied today. The way the ATAS thing came in last night was miraculous! i was talking about ATAS all day yesterday. It was quite hassle-free. These delays people have been complaining about may just be coz of the Olympics. Is it true results of applications submitted here (Abuja) come out quicker than Lagos applications?

Cavenchy:

If your previous passport was a virgin passport and also an e-passport, they won't return it. Apply with the new one, and when asked in the application segment abt previous passport history, state the old passport number and any others you had before it. then state that it's been replaced by a new passport stating your (current) passport number.
This was actually reiterated.

Thanks guys.....hoping for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

I'm not sure your husband can sponsor you, i'm looking for the link to back it up
" a tier 4(general) student can use money held in an account owned by them or by his/her parents. If the tier 4(general) student is using funds held by his/her parent he/she will need to show us evidence that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian and that the tier 4(general) student has his/her parent(s)/legal guardian's permission to use this money". AS STATED IN THE TIER 4 PBS GUIDANCE VERSION 06/12.
From the above, only your parents can be your sponsor. I will advice you to put the money in your account. Using fixed deposit account itself is a gamble.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
samuel.eled:

honey86:
I applied on d 4th and I havnt hrd anything either.

Normally, You should be expecting a msg anytime between this night and monday night. Sometimes, the msg comes late, I remember I saw mine in my email inbox at night and the sms followed later on d next day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
honey86:
" a tier 4(general) student can use money held in an account owned by them or by his/her parents. If the tier 4(general) student is using funds held by his/her parent he/she will need to show us evidence that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian and that the tier 4(general) student has his/her parent(s)/legal guardian's permission to use this money". AS STATED IN THE TIER 4 PBS GUIDANCE VERSION 06/12.
From the above, only your parents can be your sponsor. I will advice you to put the money in your account. Using fixed deposit account itself is a gamble.
. That's why I wanted her to tell what account she intends to use but she hasn't responded. A fixed deposit account can be used as long as there is a letter from the bank confirming the fixed account details and stating that the funds have been held for 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
Donxavier: . That's why I wanted her to tell what account she intends to use but she hasn't responded. A fixed deposit account can be used as long as there is a letter from the bank confirming the fixed account details and stating that the funds have been held for 28 days.
Ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
I intend using his aaccount, though I am a signatory and he is backing it up with a letter and letter from the back. I am tendering my marriage certificate to show the relationship, I don't think putting the money in my account now will give me sufficient time b4 applying

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.