Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,002 members, 7,915,925 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (873704 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dharkchild: I joined Nairaland today basically because of this thread and i would like to say a big Thank you to Justwise and all who have created time out of their busy schedules to help others, you guys are doing a great job.

Just a piece of advice to most of us, lets take out some time to do a little research by reading most of what has been posted from page one of this thread till now and we would see that most of our questions have already been answered. I filled my visa application form based on the advice i got from this thread while reading all the pages from the first thread till now and i had absolutely no problem with filing it and the documents involved. I submitted today and now waiting to hear from the embassy.

Thanks to all who has contributed to this thread, Cheers
. Thank you so much for all you ve said. Infact if people would take the time to read just this Part 2 from the beginning to now, most questions have already been dealt with. If they take the time to start from Part 1, they'd be gurus. Virtually all scenarios and possible questions have been dealt with from Part 1 to now. That's what I did plus I downloaded the Tier 4 migrant policy and read all. It's the Nigerian culture to be just lazy and that's why the nation is the way it is now. It's one of the reasons I love the uk they have an unrivaled work ethic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
samuel.eled:
I thought some said they also ask for bank statement to show the evidence of fund availability. pls e-mail me deleomoarebu@yahoo.com @Donxavier and A-Zed, thanks so much. Pls email me on my yahoo. cheers.
I was told that too so i packed everything i submitted to the embassy in my hand luggage but the entry officer only asked for my cas and documents on the cas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
A-ZeD:

I was told that too so i packed everything i submitted to the embassy in my hand luggage but the entry officer only asked for my cas and documents on the cas.
. That's how it should be. It was clearly stated that you score 30 points for having a valid CAS and providing the Original Copies of documents listed in your CAS. There's no need to add documents not listed in the CAS. But for some reasons, people have this idea that more is better and they give all documents they used in securing the admission instead of what is expressly stated on the CAS. Some even go as far as providing NYSC certificates,Police reports and the likes. I don't understand why people always go overboard when this guys we are dealing with are a stickler for their rules.They follow their rules to the letter. Meet their requirements, get the Visa. It's that simple.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ell77, that's true and the applications from international students have just as well reduced as a consequence of their restricting laws. Now the schools are mounting pressure on the law makers to loosen their grip on the necks of international students or prepare to face condescending figures in subsequent annual profit.

A-ZeD:

Azed from your post I suppose you are already in the uk now. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
People are now saying that U have to print out the CAS statement to take to the embassy? Is it true. And can someone print the CAS statement from his email from Abuja quarters of the embassy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: People are now saying that U have to print out the CAS statement to take to the embassy? Is it true. And can someone print the CAS statement from his email from Abuja quarters of the embassy

An applicant is required to quote the CAS number on the visa application form, if you choose to print the cas statement itself, good. As Azed stated above, he was asked to present the cas and the documents stated on it at the POE in the uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2012
Have gone thru it already,but it was d State Govt that was mentioned.I just want to know if d Local Govt can equally Sponsor.Thanks
Donxavier: . Start reading from page 15.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2012
Dapto:
Have gone thru it already,but it was d State Govt that was mentioned.I just want to know if d Local Govt can equally Sponsor.Thanks
. If you started from 15 till now you'd have seen it. Yes, your Local Government can serve as your sponsor if they meet some requirements. Read every page from 15 till current. It's there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 6:51am On Jul 25, 2012
Yea Donxavier,I went thru it and saw d requirement,but does presenting the local Govt bank statement part of the condition.Thanx Man.
Donxavier: . If you started from 15 till now you'd have seen it. Yes, your Local Government can serve as your sponsor if they meet some requirements. Read every page from 15 till current. It's there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:55am On Jul 25, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: People are now saying that U have to print out the CAS statement to take to the embassy? Is it true. And can someone print the CAS statement from his email from Abuja quarters of the embassy

No its not true. All you need there is the CAS number which should be written down in the form. The embassy has your CAS already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:02am On Jul 25, 2012
Dapto:

Dapto: Yea Donxavier,I went thru it and saw d requirement,but does presenting the local Govt bank statement part of the condition.Thanx Man.

I really do not think that Local Govt can, State Govt 'might' as Nigeria practices federal system of Govt where state has some power and a huge budget. People i know so far have all being sponsored by federal or State Govt (this is years back) rules has changed since.

If your Local Govt can pay that money into your bank account then good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 25, 2012
justwise:

I really do not think that Local Govt can, State Govt 'might' as Nigeria practices federal system of Govt where state has some power and a huge budget. People i know so far have all being sponsored by federal or State Govt (this is years back) rules has changed since.

If your Local Govt can pay that money into your bank account then good.
Shouldn't all tiers of Government qualify as 'Home Government'? Why should the Federal and State qualify, and then the Local is excluded?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2012
Dharkchild: I joined Nairaland today basically because of this thread and i would like to say a big Thank you to Justwise and all who have created time out of their busy schedules to help others, you guys are doing a great job.

Just a piece of advice to most of us, lets take out some time to do a little research by reading most of what has been posted from page one of this thread till now and we would see that most of our questions have already been answered. I filled my visa application form based on the advice i got from this thread while reading all the pages from the first thread till now and i had absolutely no problem with filing it and the documents involved. I submitted today and now waiting to hear from the embassy.

Thanks to all who has contributed to this thread, Cheers

Couldn't have said it any better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2012
Donxavier: Shouldn't all tiers of Government qualify as 'Home Government'? Why should the Federal and State qualify, and then the Local is excluded?

Local Govt does not have scholarship program, federal and state does. Local Govt does not have the share of national cake as state Govt, they get their funding from the state Govt, and because of how notoriously corrupt local Govt is, it will be even difficult to verify any document from that level.

I only know of some students from Calabar some yrs back who were sponsored by their state Govt and one Nigerian who is on federal Govt scholarship currently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2012
@Dapto, it's better if you can get the Local Government to send the funds to your account. Justwise has given a very detailed reason why the Local government may not be able to sponsor you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 7:59am On Jul 25, 2012
@Donxavier & Justwise,what if d Local Govt feels because they can't compete with the Federal and State Govt in term of the budgetary allocation and decides to offer a partial Scholarship cos they feel the course I want to study in d UK will be beneficial to them upon the completion,if I will work with them afterwards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Dapto:
@Donxavier & Justwise,what if d Local Govt feels because they can't compete with the Federal and State Govt in term of the budgetary allocation and decides to offer a partial Scholarship cos they feel the course I want to study in d UK will be beneficial to them upon the completion,if I will work with them afterwards.

They should pay that money into your account if they are really interested in sponsoring you. Lets be honest here. . local Govt doesn't even have the money to maintain roads let alone giving a single individual more than 3M to go and study in the UK. If they truly want to sponsor you then i don't see any reason why they shouldn't pay that money into your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 10:11am On Jul 25, 2012
Pls those of u that submited on the 6th have u collected? Those complaining before talk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Gadgetfreakzz: 10:28am On Jul 25, 2012
chy22: Pls those of u that submited on the 6th have u collected? Those complaining before talk
. I haven't seen any update on my application status yet, still waiting . I applied on the 6th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2012
Cavenchy:
Azed from your post I suppose you are already in the uk now. All the best
Yeah i'm in coventry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2012
Gadgetfreakzz: . I haven't seen any update on my application status yet, still waiting . I applied on the 6th
have you checked the email you gave them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Gadgetfreakzz: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2012
chy22: have you checked the email you gave them?
. I have checked still nothing. Did u also applied on d 6th of July ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Gadgetfreakzz: . I have checked still nothing. Did u also applied on d 6th of July ?
yes in ikeja and noting yet. Do u think we should call them by friday to know what is happening. Then which school are you going to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Gadgetfreakzz: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2012
chy22: yes in ikeja and noting yet. Do u think we should call them by friday to know what is happening. Then which school are you going to.
. Well really don't think calling dem will make any difference. I will rather wait till am being notified. I'm heading to Uni Greenwich for undergraduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
Please at point of entry did they require the original documents or can I present photocopies ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Good afternoon oga justwise and the whole house,
After following recent post, I realised it is good to schedule an appointment with VFS before going to the visa center.
My question is this, apart from submitting my forms(application form and personal details along with my credentials) at VFS, am I required to also fill the form online as well based on this information below on VFS welcome page

"You will need to complete a visa application form online prior to visiting the Application Centre. To complete the form, please visit www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. After completing, please include a signed printout in your application pack."

Please I need your response. Thank you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueleled: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
for those dat applied on the 6th of July, i will advise u remain calm till this week runs out. you shall sure get a response by Friday or b4 next week Tuesday. I applied on the 3rd of July and got a reply on Thursday, 19th of July, exactly 13 days after. Good luck in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
A-ZeD:

Yeah i'm in coventry.

Thanks to God for d safe trip. Make us proud.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
chy22: Pls those of u that submited on the 6th have u collected? Those complaining before talk
Gadgetfreakzz: . I haven't seen any update on my application status yet, still waiting . I applied on the 6th

For those that applied on the 6th, this Friday makes it fifteen working days, I'd start getting worried only after Friday.

Cavenchy:

An applicant is required to quote the CAS number on the visa application form, if you choose to print the cas statement itself, good. As Azed stated above, he was asked to present the cas and the documents stated on it at the POE in the uk.

For where dem hear say we suppose dey print CAS again o?... Thot it was stated expressly we should only state the CAS number in the application...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
Olupraise: Good afternoon oga justwise and the whole house,
After following recent post, I realised it is good to schedule an appointment with VFS before going to the visa center.
My question is this, apart from submitting my forms(application form and personal details along with my credentials) at VFS, am I required to also fill the form online as well based on this information below on VFS welcome page

"You will need to complete a visa application form online prior to visiting the Application Centre. To complete the form, please visit www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. After completing, please include a signed printout in your application pack."

Please I need your response. Thank you all.

Please can people who have gone through this process help here? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
i submitted on the 4th of july and got the message that my application is ready on 24th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
steph7: Please at point of entry did they require the original documents or can I present photocopies ?
Original

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.