Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,284 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (870845 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
@vickydave

Scroll down the Travel section page to find any ukraine thread and ask your questions. This is strictly a Tier 4 Uk student visa thread.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
ogheneyoma: pls, i need help on this:
i just got admission to d university of Leeds, nd my CAS just arrived few days back, but the 28 day countdown will mature by august 24th., now, my question is this, if i apply by august 25th, will be able to get my visa before September 10th?( cos this is when d skul is meant to resume.
urgent reply please.....
Read the FAQ part of page 1 to get an idea of the Visa Processing Timeframe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
ogheneyoma: pls, i need help on this:
i just got admission to d university of Leeds, nd my CAS just arrived few days back, but the 28 day countdown will mature by august 24th., now, my question is this, if i apply by august 25th, will be able to get my visa before September 10th?( cos this is when d skul is meant to resume.
urgent reply please.....

While you wait for the money to mature ask your school for 2wks extension, if they reply attach the email to your visa application so that the ECO will not think that its too late for you to catch up.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
http://www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/documents/intervaf9.pdf

http://www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/applications-outside-uk.htm

From the 1st link above you can get the interactive visa aplication form to guide yoU when filling your form. I tried to get the other link bt it wldnt copy onto my clipboard; you can open the second link and scroll down to gt the two INTERACTIVE forms, NOT the real forms.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 2:20am On Jul 29, 2012
Hello peeps am I to attach a passport photograph to both the Vaf9 and appendix 8 forms thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2012
tbaba98: Hello peeps am I to attach a passport photograph to both the Vaf9 and appendix 8 forms thanks.

why attach two the question on Annex A checklist said have you attached one passport photo with ur appllication.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2012
chy22:
why attach two the question on Annex A checklist said have you attached one passport photo with ur appllication.
ok thanks just wanna be sure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2012
tbaba98: ok thanks just wanna be sure
Do not staple, use gum, u can get the paper gum from those uniformed personel in the vfs application center. U can attach on both(at the top right corner of the forms).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 8:25am On Jul 29, 2012
Cavenchy:
Do not staple, use gum, u can get the paper gum from those uniformed personel in the vfs application center. U can attach on both(at the top right corner of the forms).
pls if I attach
one passport can my application be refused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2012
tbaba98: pls if I attach
one passport can my application be refused
Ur application will only be refused if the passport photo attached doesn't meet the ukba standard(refer to the ukba website for this), some visa applications require just one form. But for Tier4 student visas, two forms are involved. Therefore two passport photographs. The vfs uniformed personel announces the process at the vfs center, this includes you arranging your photocopies of every document to be submitted except the bank statement, then attaching the passport photo at the top right corner of each form.

Therefore, its best to attach two, and I suggest u take your passport photo at the center or environs to avoid mistakes with inexperienced photographers who might give u the wrong size or digitally enhance (photoshop) the photo which would result in rejection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2012
Visa applicants should be aware that the responsibility of convincing the ECO that you are genuinely applying for the purpose you stated(in this case, to study), Lies entirely on the applicant. Therefore, It is strongly advised that every applicant includes all documents that can assist/help convince the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that He/She is genuinely entitled to a visa. You will not be refused for including only the documents on the cas, but yet again many have been refused for other reasons, mostly on issues which they failed to clarify/satisfy the ECO with appropriate documents. Note: that you have got more convincing to do if you've been previously denied or when your documents need extra proof of authenticity.

Before filling your forms, your best buddies are those pdf documents on the righthand side of the ukba applying outside the uk web page; Tier4migrant Guidelines and supporting documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2012
Cavenchy: Visa applicants should be aware that the responsibility of convincing the ECO that you are genuinely applying for the purpose you stated(in this case, to study), Lies entirely on the applicant. Therefore, It is strongly advised that every applicant includes all documents that can assist/help convince the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that He/She is genuinely entitled to a visa. You will not be refused for including only the documents on the cas, but yet again many have been refused for other reasons, mostly on issues which they failed to clarify/satisfy the ECO with appropriate documents. Note: that you have got more convincing to do if you've been previously denied or when your documents need extra proof of authenticity.

Before filling your forms, your best buddies are those pdf documents on the righthand side of the ukba applying outside the uk web page; Tier4migrant Guidelines and supporting documents.
. I'm glad you brought this up. It's hard to argue with your logic, but I'm of the opinion that visa applicants should just stick to the letter of the rules. If we are required by their rules to only provide the documents stated on the CAS, then we should only do that. I get that more is better, and as you have said the onus is on us to prove beyond any reasonable doubt our genuineness but this shouldn't require us going overboard. Maybe the various fake documents and false information given by some applicants have made the whole process more stringent, but I believe this shouldn't affect genuine applicants as long as they follow all the rules. A friend of my got his Visa last week, he only provided his university certificate(that was the only thing stated on his CAS), his bank statement, His international passport, the Visa forms correctly filled, the Oanda Conversion Rate. That was all and he got the Visa. And then I ve heard of those who were only asked to provide their university certificate, but included the WAEC,Transcripts,Nysc certificate, Tax returns etc. They also got the Visa. More wouldn't hurt any way, but it's unnecessary. If under the new Tier 4 rules, you can't be rejected because a large sum of money was deposited in your account, then you won't be rejected if you only provide what's stated in your CAS. I'd appreciate it if more people comment on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Donxavier: . I'm glad you brought this up. It's hard to argue with your logic, but I'm of the opinion that visa applicants should just stick to the letter of the rules. If we are required by their rules to only provide the documents stated on the CAS, then we should only do that. I get that more is better, and as you have said the onus is on us to prove beyond any reasonable doubt our genuineness but this shouldn't require us going overboard. Maybe the various fake documents and false information given by some applicants have made the whole process more stringent, but I believe this shouldn't affect genuine applicants as long as they follow all the rules. A friend of my got his Visa last week, he only provided his university certificate(that was the only thing stated on his CAS), his bank statement, His international passport, the Visa forms correctly filled, the Oanda Conversion Rate. That was all and he got the Visa. And then I ve heard of those who were only asked to provide their university certificate, but included the WAEC,Transcripts,Nysc certificate, Tax returns etc. They also got the Visa. More wouldn't hurt any way, but it's unnecessary. If under the new Tier 4 rules, you can't be rejected because a large sum of money was deposited in your account, then you won't be rejected if you only provide what's stated in your CAS. I'd appreciate it if more people comment on this.

Well, my Waec cert and 1st deg cert were stated in my CAS bt I included evrything I used in getting the admission.
My reason: it's stated that should one's visa be refused and you appealed, only the docs u submitted originally would be used in re-assessing your application. Moreover, I had to explain why the year of birth on my waec cert states "1985", as opposed to the correct 1986 with all the affidavit from the Federal High Court, Declaration of Age, parents' passport data pages to show their names as they appear on d D of A, old statements of result of both WAEC n NECO(+ original Neco cert) exams sat for in 2001. Some don't go this far to convince the ECO, bt I knew I'd feel better sitting here knowing I did try, than pondering what might have been shld any adverse outcome surface.
@ Cavenchy, I took the passport @ d visa center n I as asked by the steward if I had attached my passport photos to my form. I said I hadn't n then he helped staple 2 to 1 of my forms. I hope this stapling won't harm my chances...wat's ur take? Have people been refused based on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
Pls I need 2b cleared on dis, if d date of birth on one's ORIGINAL waec result is diff 4rm dat on all other documents e.g WAEC result indicating 1989 instead of 1990 as indicated on both date of birth certificate, international passport and all other supporting documents wah shld b done wen applyin 4 VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2012
@Fellow Forum Members,

Please I need a quick clarification on this issue;

I started counting '28 days' from June 28th, would it be appropriate if I print June/July statement of account.

Thanking you for your anticipated responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
FutureDon: @Fellow Forum Members,

Please I need a quick clarification on this issue;

I started counting '28 days' from June 28th, would it be appropriate if I print June/July statement of account.

Thanking you for your anticipated responses.
. If 28th June was Day 1, then print from June 28th to July 28.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
I have submitted my Uk visa application. My local govt is My sponsor. I submitted My BSc certificate because that was the only documented listed in the CAS statement. I also submitted my international passport. With two passports on the filled Vaf forms. I submitted a letter of introduction from my local govt who are my sponsors. The letter had their contact address, phone numbers. Signed in ink and stamped.all these were on a letter headed lga paper. My name was mentioned in there, length of sponsorship. Date of the letter too. I also submitted My Birth Certificate. How do U access My application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
I have submitted my Uk visa application. My local govt is My sponsor. I submitted My BSc certificate because that was the only documented listed in the CAS statement. I also submitted my international passport. With two passports on the filled Vaf forms. I submitted a letter of introduction from my local govt who are my sponsors. The letter had their contact address, phone numbers. Signed in ink and stamped.all these were on a letter headed lga paper. My name was mentioned in there, length of sponsorship. Date of the letter too. I also submitted My Birth Certificate. How do U access My application.I also got a partial scholarship from my tier 4 sponsor and it was stated in my Cas. I submitted a copy of My Cas statement cos the amt paid was stated there and backed up with scholarship letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Donxavier: . If 28th June was Day 1, then print from June 28th to July 28.

Thanks a whole lot bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: I have submitted my Uk visa application. My local govt is My sponsor. I submitted My BSc certificate because that was the only documented listed in the CAS statement. I also submitted my international passport. With two passports on the filled Vaf forms. I submitted a letter of introduction from my local govt who are my sponsors. The letter had their contact address, phone numbers. Signed in ink and stamped.all these were on a letter headed lga paper. My name was mentioned in there, length of sponsorship. Date of the letter too. I also submitted My Birth Certificate. How do U access My application.I also got a partial scholarship from my tier 4 sponsor and it was stated in my Cas. I submitted a copy of My Cas statement cos the amt paid was stated there and backed up with scholarship letter.
I thought it was your state government
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
It was My Local government that was extremely willing to sponsor Me because of the importance of the course I want to study asper Masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: It was My Local government that was extremely willing to sponsor Me because of the importance of the course I want to study asper Masters.
. I know your case well and I must say I'm surprised. We advised you on this forum based on what you said. I had to go back to the former pages to check. You said the state government. If you had said your Local government we would have advised based on that. Anyway, I wish you the best and am expecting to hear your testimony when the Visa is issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
AMEN. I am prayerful expecting good news. Thanks for the encouragement. God bless U.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
kunlewoye:

Well, my Waec cert and 1st deg cert were stated in my CAS bt I included evrything I used in getting the admission.
My reason: it's stated that should one's visa be refused and you appealed, only the docs u submitted originally would be used in re-assessing your application. Moreover, I had to explain why the year of birth on my waec cert states "1985", as opposed to the correct 1986 with all the affidavit from the Federal High Court, Declaration of Age, parents' passport data pages to show their names as they appear on d D of A, old statements of result of both WAEC n NECO(+ original Neco cert) exams sat for in 2001. Some don't go this far to convince the ECO, bt I knew I'd feel better sitting here knowing I did try, than pondering what might have been shld any adverse outcome surface.
@ Cavenchy, I took the passport @ d visa center n I as asked by the steward if I had attached my passport photos to my form. I said I hadn't n then he helped staple 2 to 1 of my forms. I hope this stapling won't harm my chances...wat's ur take? Have people been refused based on this?
Well, your application is in already, just hope for the best, in my opinion i don't think you'll be denied if the holes left by the staple pin does not obstruct/conceal your facial features, during my application the uniformed personnel mentioned gum, if in your case the steward used a staple, you can be sure he took proper care in stapling the edges without boring pin holes on your image, as some everyday people do when stapling their photos themselves. So there's no problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
ibudes: the middle name on my passport does not appear on my statement of result.hope it will not be a problem.
If the middle name on your passport is not printed on your original statement of result at all, it's not a problem.

You'll only raise eyebrows, if the middle name on your statement is completely different from the middle name on your passport, in which case, including appropriate documents showing change of middle name will be able to quell any suspicions should a verification check be conducted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
omopapa: Pls I need 2b cleared on dis, if d date of birth on one's ORIGINAL waec result is diff 4rm dat on all other documents e.g WAEC result indicating 1989 instead of 1990 as indicated on both date of birth certificate, international passport and all other supporting documents wah shld b done wen applyin 4 VISA

Someone pls help attempt my questn above, thanks! Patiently waiting...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
ibudes: the name on my statement is ojukwu Samuel junior and the name on my passport is ojukwu Samuel oge that is the difference. what are ur advice on this.

What really happened? Did you change your name? If you did, get an affidavit to support this.

If you didn't, there is a part on the visa form where u are asked if there are any other names you are known by, state the name there and if possible obtain a letterheaded letter addressed to the British High Commision from the student affairs unit of your Nigerian university stating clearly that you (full names appended) are a bonafide graduate of that school and the result you hold is solely yours. Alternatively, if your transcript bears the exact name on your passport, include this in your application and your student identification card. Under no circumstances should any agent provide u with fake documents to be submitted, trust me they'll get the truth from your university during v.c(verification check) and the result is 10years ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
omopapa:

Someone pls help attempt my questn above, thanks! Patiently waiting...
Read through the posts on this thread, similar cases have been treated before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyGGG(f): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Cavenchy:

What really happened? Did you change your name? If you did, get an affidavit to support this.

If you didn't, there is a part on the visa form where u are asked if there are any other names you are known by, state the name there and if possible obtain a letterheaded letter addressed to the British High Commision from the student affairs unit of your Nigerian university stating clearly that you (full names appended) are a bonafide graduate of that school and the result you hold is solely yours. Alternatively, if your transcript bears the exact name on your passport, include this in your application and your student identification card. Under no circumstances should any agent provide u with fake documents to be submitted, trust me they'll get the truth from your university during v.c(verification check) and the result is 10years ban.

Cavenchy you are doing a great job here. What advise would you give someone who wants to liquidate his 3million Naira from fixed deposit into normal savings acct that also serves as salary acct 4days to printing out bank statement. Won't that look like cash logement, even when it isn't ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Cavenchy:
Well, your application is in already, just hope for the best, in my opinion i don't think you'll be denied if the holes left by the staple pin does not obstruct/conceal your facial features, during my application the uniformed personnel mentioned gum, if in your case the steward used a staple, you can be sure he took proper care in stapling the edges without boring pin holes on your image, as some everyday people do when stapling their photos themselves. So there's no problem.

Yes, he did collect and staple them to one of the forms, can't remember which, though, and yes, he was careful to staple on the sides of photos; one to the top right corner and the other to the bottom right corner. When I got to the 1st stage of submission where they give u d folder for your docs, the lady jst removed the photos carefully but I really don't know what she did with, or wher she placed, them as I didn't open that folder @ all till I finished with biometrics. If there was a problem I guess she wld av called my attention to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.