Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,790 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (870840 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

Cavenchy you are doing a great job here. What advise would you give someone who wants to liquidate his 3million Naira from fixed deposit into normal savings acct that also serves as salary acct 4days to printing out bank statement. Won't that look like cash logement, even when it isn't ?

Cash lodgement doesn't apply for a a student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

Cavenchy you are doing a great job here. What advise would you give someone who wants to liquidate his 3million Naira from fixed deposit into normal savings acct that also serves as salary acct 4days to printing out bank statement. Won't that look like cash logement, even when it isn't ?
Under the current points based system(pbs), The ukba doesn't require Tier 4 student visa applicants to provide proof of source of funds, all they are interested in is that your account has the required maintenance and course fees held for a period of 28 days prior to visa application (with time period between date of closing balance on statement and visa application not exceeding a month).
Therefore you can lodge in any amount at anytime into your savings acct, as long as the balance held for 28days is not at any point within the 28 day count, less than the amount you are required to show.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2012
kunlewoye:

Yes, he did collect and staple them to one of the forms, can't remember which, though, and yes, he was careful to staple on the sides of photos; one to the top right corner and the other to the bottom right corner. When I got to the 1st stage of submission where they give u d folder for your docs, the lady jst removed the photos carefully but I really don't know what she did with, or wher she placed, them as I didn't open that folder @ all till I finished with biometrics. If there was a problem I guess she wld av called my attention to it.

Its either she removed it to apply the gum, or there's some other process for the photo e.g scanning,separate parceling.e.t.c.
With all you've stated so far, pack ur bags, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get visa. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2012
ibudes:

nothing happened o it was I was getting my e-passport during the process I was asked to include another name that junior was not a name and I added my native OGE to change the junior. I will try and get a letter from my school to that effect. as for the affidavits can it be from any court I mean either high court or from customary court. please give me the complete address of ECO so my school can address it to them. my transcript has the junior as the middle name and passports has the oge as the middle name.
If you have your transcript, then I don't think you need any other proof, as long as your date of birth on the transcript tallies with that on your passport, you could also include your waec too(I'm guessing u have a good grade in English) if the date of birth and your face are in order. Then just go ahead and state the other name you are known by (Junior) in section 2.3 of VAF 9 form. Then include your student ID card (if you still have it, your picture is clear and your validity date tally's with your grad date on transcript, if your signature on your original student iD card is same with signature on your passport, that's a plus)..

If you still want to get the letter though to back it up, The ECO's address has been stated previously on this thread. Since you didn't change name and there are no errors, you don't need an affidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2012
ibudes:

my student I'D has just two names ojokwu Samuel and the Statement of result has three names ojokwu Samuel junior and bank account has ojokwu Samuel oge. secondly hope I can use two bank statement as u have money in both account to cover my entire living expences and balance fees. will it be wise if I get a court affidavits saying that ojokwu samuel junior is also know as ojukwu Samuel oge
if your signature on your original student iD card is same with signature on your passport, that's a plus
You can use two bank statements on these conditions:
1.Both accounts are in your name and you are the principal signatory.
2.You started the 28 day count same day, and printed them out same day.
3. Throughout the 28 day period, the sums of both cummulative balances never dropped below the ukba required.
4. Both bank statements are attached to your application.

Getting a sworn affidavit is best for serious issues, since you didn't change name and there are no corrections to be made on any document due to an error, neither did you lose any document. I don't see why u should get an affidavit. If anyone else can advice more on that it would be most welcomed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2012
Abeg make una see me see solution o,my school has refused to issue my CAS documents,can u guess why? They have refused my Internet printout TOEFL IBT result sheet!they re asking me to order my original certificate,the one containing my picture from TOEFL,and this will take 4weeks minimum to get to Africa,this is absurd o,na now they one tell me,ONE month to my resumption date...abeg guys wat can I do,how can I convince them that the TOEFL internet printout is acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2012
kdavis: Abeg make una see me see solution o,my school has refused to issue my CAS documents,can u guess why? They have refused my Internet printout TOEFL IBT result sheet!they re asking me to order my original certificate,the one containing my picture from TOEFL,and this will take 4weeks minimum to get to Africa,this is absurd o,na now they one tell me,ONE month to my resumption date...abeg guys wat can I do,how can I convince them that the TOEFL internet printout is acceptable?
I suggest you send an email to your school, informing them of the time implications and make enquiries to find out the enrollment dealine dates on your course, then send an email to Toefl, requesting for an express delivery if possible(accepting any financial costs required). All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MeNutty(f): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2012
Gave d officer two of my passports to place on my form, buh she colleected just one and returned one, hope dis isn't gonna be an issue as have just read dat am supposd to use two
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2012
MeNutty: Gave d officer two of my passports to place on my form, buh she colleected just one and returned one, hope dis isn't gonna be an issue as have just read dat am supposd to use two
Did you apply in Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MeNutty(f): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2012
i applied in Ikeja, Lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2012
Gotten my student visa today thanks to u all that contributed to d success of my application grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2012
MeNutty: Gave d officer two of my passports to place on my form, buh she colleected just one and returned one, hope dis isn't gonna be an issue as have just read dat am supposd to use two
. Only 1 is needed. You ve got no problems.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2012
tbaba98: Gotten my student visa today thanks to u all that contributed to d success of my application grin
. Congrats. Give your testimony on Justwise's other thread. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2012
ibudes: men the I'D card does not have signature and some one said I should get my birth certificate from NPC stating the four names ojokwu Samuel oge junior. I spoke to my university they say there is nothing they can do as the name on my statement is the name I was admitted with.
Like I said earlier, you have your transcript. And it bears your date of birth as stated in your passport, so you don't need any other proof. Your ID card bears your picture and has the matric/reg no. stated on your result and transcript. Just fill 'Junior' in section 2.3 of the VAF 9. As for the Birth Certificate, I'm not of the opinion that you should get another birth certificate when you already have one which you probably used in applying for e-passport. But the choice is up to you, if you submit any forged documents, you are looking at a 10years ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2012
tbaba98: Gotten my student visa today thanks to u all that contributed to d success of my application grin
Congrats, pack your bags.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2012
MeNutty: i applied in Ikeja, Lagos
I wonder what they did with the other ones most of us submitted. Well if the clerk did that, then I suppose you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2012

when did they invite u for collection around which time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2012

Congrat!! Share it here to encourage others. https://www.nairaland.com/999695/share-testimony-here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
ibudes: when did u submit ur application, do u know the cost of getting the UK ticket
submitted on the 6th of july and don't knw abt the ticket yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
chy22:
when did they invite u for collection around which time
was invited arnd 3:30pm yesterday but got it today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pmystery: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hello Everyone, i must say that you guys are really doing a good job. I already applied for my student visa before i stumbled on this thread.....be that as it may, i really give kudos to everyone on here. I applied for my visa on the 6th July, got my visa today to study M.Sc.@ Leeds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dexter101: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
this forum has being very helpful, but i need to ask a question on behalf of a friend,though he has already submitted his application.

he submitted with two account statement, one is his that has like 3.5M and he added one for his parents that has good sum of money too, but the issue is, the birth certificate submitted has a different second name against names on all other documents like passport,transcript,certificate,acct statement and others. do you think there would be a problem

Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
PLEASE HOUSE KINDLY CLARIFY ME ON THIS.
The required amount was in account on the 6th of July. Someone was arguing with me that the 28th day would be 3/8/2012 but I think it ought to be 2/8/2012. Which is correct?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
ibudes: one other thing my transcript was address to one uni in Asia but could not make it. can I submit for my visa application bearing another school address
Have you been issued cas? What documents are stated there?
If the transcript wasn't among the documents used to offer you admission, I don't know if you can submit a transcript that was addressed to another school, because then again these might arouse some questions. the first thing on anyone's mind would be to detach the addressed page but then again this is mere speculation. if any others on this thread have done this before and gotten visa, pls post it here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Olupraise: PLEASE HOUSE KINDLY CLARIFY ME ON THIS.
The required amount was in account on the 6th of July. Someone was arguing with me that the 28th day would be 3/8/2012 but I think it ought to be 2/8/2012. Which is correct?

Thanks.
3/08.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chizbals: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
embarassedApplied on the 6th and was refusedbased on insufficient fund am so devastated but my school resumes in Oct 1st and I av started counting my 28days frm today with the required amount I av also ordered for a new cas pls is it late to reapply August ending say 29th.pls hlp me to avoid more mistakes abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.