Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,906 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869750 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Olupraise: Good afternoon oga justwise and the whole house,
After following recent post, I realised it is good to schedule an appointment with VFS before going to the visa center.
My question is this, apart from submitting my forms(application form and personal details along with my credentials) at VFS, am I required to also fill the form online as well based on this information below on VFS welcome page

"You will need to complete a visa application form online prior to visiting the Application Centre. To complete the form, please visit www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. After completing, please include a signed printout in your application pack."

Please I need your response. Thank you all.
There is no need to fill the online form. I only filled and submitted the application form and personal details along with my credentials
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
Olupraise: Good afternoon oga justwise and the whole house,
After following recent post, I realised it is good to schedule an appointment with VFS before going to the visa center.
My question is this, apart from submitting my forms(application form and personal details along with my credentials) at VFS, am I required to also fill the form online as well based on this information below on VFS welcome page

"You will need to complete a visa application form online prior to visiting the Application Centre. To complete the form, please visit www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. After completing, please include a signed printout in your application pack."

Please I need your response. Thank you all.

Scheduling an appointment online gives you an advantage as you would be given a preferential treatment because of the appointment. U also don't need to rush there but get there just about 30 mins before your appointment. Booking an appointment is free...loll...

The online firm is dames your paper form and you don't need to full it online. According to the UKBA website you choose either to fill online our fill the hard copy form.

If you decide to opt for the online form, then you have to print out your completed online form and won't need to fill the hardcopy again.

PS. I think the self assessment form does not have an online copy so that would be filled manually and submitted alongside the online printout.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
kunlewoye:
For where dem hear say we suppose dey print CAS again o?... Thot it was stated expressly we should only state the CAS number in the application...
Try to understand what is being posted before making analysis, the POE (Point of Entry) is different from your Visa Application center. Azed was refering to the POE in the uk when he said he was asked for the CAS and the documents stated therein. Read that my previous post again and you'll fully comprehend the statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by RipPer99: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
A-ZeD:

Yeah i'm in coventry.
Errr...U dere for The New session..or U've Been there a while..cos the new session is supposed to start in september.?? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by RipPer99: 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
chy22: Pls those of u that submited on the 6th have u collected? Those complaining before talk
Well BacsicallY after 3 weeks which is 15 working days if you haven't gotten a reply ..then email VFS..if U go to their site.., you'll see the email add to That effect...I submitted on 2nd of julY..and I got mY ReplY on The 18th of JulY...that's a total of 2weeks and 3 days or 13 working days...Hope That calms the anxiety U're currentlY experiencing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kolabyk(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2012
I have been able to gather important information from the resourceful buddies here and I hope my question will be attended too as well.
The account where I have deposited my money for the 28days period is jointly operated by my mum and I but I am the primary signatory. I had opened it as apersonal account before later adding her as a signatory too.
Ques 1. Do I need to get a consent letter from my mum when applying for visa
2. I discussed with my acct officer and he said my mum's name will not reflect on the statement, so, do I really need to class dis acct as personal or joint acct when filling this appendix8 form ques 6.18.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Do u have money in own
1) yes
2) no
3) parent/legal guardian acct ..."joint account wit student".

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 6:15am On Jul 26, 2012
Kolabyk: I have been able to gather important information from the resourceful buddies here and I hope my question will be attended too as well.
The account where I have deposited my money for the 28days period is jointly operated by my mum and I but I am the primary signatory. I had opened it as apersonal account before later adding her as a signatory too.
Ques 1. Do I need to get a consent letter from my mum when applying for visa
2. I discussed with my acct officer and he said my mum's name will not reflect on the statement, so, do I really need to class dis acct as personal or joint acct when filling this appendix8 form ques 6.18.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Do u have money in own
1) yes
2) no
3) parent/legal guardian acct ..."joint account wit student".

Thank you

Speaking from a professional point of view, this account is solely yours. Adding your mum as a signatory does not place the power you have on the account same as hers. You can even decide to remove her, if you are of age. Since the account was opened in your name, your account officer is 100% correct. So choose the first option, yes, you have money in your personal account. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 7:03am On Jul 26, 2012
justwise:

Please can people who have gone through this process help here? Thanks
Dharkchild:

Scheduling an appointment online gives you an advantage as you would be given a preferential treatment because of the appointment. U also don't need to rush there but get there just about 30 mins before your appointment. Booking an appointment is free...loll...

The online firm is dames your paper form and you don't need to full it online. According to the UKBA website you choose either to fill online our fill the hard copy form.

If you decide to opt for the online form, then you have to print out your completed online form and won't need to fill the hardcopy again.

PS. I think the self assessment form does not have an online copy so that would be filled manually and submitted alongside the online printout.
A-ZeD:

There is no need to fill the online form. I only filled and submitted the application form and personal details along with my credentials

Thank you all for your response. Am grateful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by amen12: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2012
Hey!

I also applied on the 6th of July and today is the 15th working day and I haven't heard back yet. So I decided to call UKBA in Abuja and gave them my details and I asked "I just want to find out the extent of my application" and the lady on the phone checked and her response was "but you only applied on the 6th, your application has not be processed yet. And besides 10-15 working days is the minimum time we use to process applications"

So for those that applied on the 6th, just be patient God is in Control
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2012
Cavenchy:
Try to understand what is being posted before making analysis, the POE (Point of Entry) is different from your Visa Application center. Azed was refering to the POE in the uk when he said he was asked for the CAS and the documents stated therein. Read that my previous post again and you'll fully comprehend the statement.

Sorry, Cavenchy. The riposte was meant for the same post u replied to but somehow quoted ur post. The original post asks if it's required to submit your application with your CAS print-out and I was taken aback. And yes I was referring to VFS Visa Application Center, not the Port of Entry(POE)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
kunlewoye:

Sorry, Cavenchy. The riposte was meant for the same post u replied to but somehow quoted ur post. The original post asks if it's required to submit your application with your CAS print-out and I was taken aback. And yes I was referring to VFS Visa Application Center, not the Port of Entry(POE)

Noted..The cas print-out may not be required during visa application, but its still wise to print it out because you might be needing it later at the Port of Entry in the uk. I added mine in my visa application and I wasn't refused cos of it. Rather I think it just made wat I stated(on d form) clearer because of digits like 'O' and '0', 'I' and '1' when handwritten.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
Cavenchy:

Noted..The cas print-out may not be required during visa application, but its still wise to print it out because you might be needing it later at the Port of Entry in the uk. I added mine in my visa application and I wasn't refused cos of it. Rather I think it just made wat I stated(on d form) clearer because of digits like 'O' and '0', 'I' and '1' when handwritten.

You may be on to something there.... didn't quite think out that "O" and "0" thingy. All is well. You left yet or still waiting for Sept? Submitted at VFS Abuja on the 19th, so I'm HOPING by 8th Aug I'll hear something good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by amen12: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
chy22: Pls those of u that submited on the 6th have u collected? Those complaining before talk
Hey!

I also applied on the 6th of July and today is the 15th working day and I haven't heard back yet. So I decided to call UKBA in Abuja and gave them my details and I asked "I just want to find out the extent of my application" and the lady on the phone checked and her response was "but you only applied on the 6th, your application has not be processed yet. And besides 10-15 working days is the minimum time we use to process applications"

So for those that applied on the 6th, just be patient God is in Contro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
RipPer99:
Errr...U dere for The New session..or U've Been there a while..cos the new session is supposed to start in september.?? undecided
I've been here for a month doing a pre-sessional course. Msc starts sept 24th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
A-ZeD:

I've been here for a month doing a pre-sessional course. Msc starts sept 24th.
Chief AZ, how's it going bruh? we dey still dey hope o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Gadgetfreakzz: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
honey86: i submitted on the 4th of july and got the message that my application is ready on 24th.
. U got ur Visa already ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hello, please what is the difference between an education provider and an overseas higher education institution
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Chuks84: Hello, please what is the difference between an education provider and an overseas higher education institution

They are the same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2012
kunlewoye:

You may be on to something there.... didn't quite think out that "O" and "0" thingy. All is well. You left yet or still waiting for Sept? Submitted at VFS Abuja on the 19th, so I'm HOPING by 8th Aug I'll hear something good.

I've got a couple of things to attend to here for now...will set sail when I'm done. All d best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:09am On Jul 27, 2012
Pls let's educate ourselves n get people prepared 4d proposed visa interview, as a POSTGRADUATE student if ur asked dah hw come u av such huge amt of money in ur bank statement or wats ur source of income? Is it ryt 2 say ur parent being ur sponsor gave u d money or wats d best thing 2say, suggestns pls. Let's predict some possible questns and d ryt answers 2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 27, 2012
omopapa: Pls let's educate ourselves n get people prepared 4d proposed visa interview, as a POSTGRADUATE student if ur asked dah hw come u av such huge amt of money in ur bank statement or wats ur source of income? Is it ryt 2 say ur parent being ur sponsor gave u d money or wats d best thing 2say, suggestns pls. Let's predict some possible questns and d ryt answers 2

They would never ask such a question. Justwise already answered this question. Check the earlier threads maybe from 15 till now. it's really about the english language requirement and why you want to study whatever it is you want to study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2012
[/b][b]
Donxavier:

They would never ask such a question. Justwise already answered this question. Check the earlier threads maybe from 15 till now. it's really about the english language requirement and why you want to study whatever it is you want to study.

Thanks Donxavier, I'v been ff'in dis trend 4rm d begining n I understand everybit of it bt I think I saw somewia (bt nt here on NL) dat part of d LIKELY questns are y Ʊ wanna study ur choosen course, if Ʊ will b returning 2ur home country after ur study n also 2 check ur confidence n finally 2 DEFEND UR BANK STATEMENT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 7:21am On Jul 27, 2012
Hi y'all,I was desperately searching for useful information abt my visa app,nd I stumbled on dis "gold mine",only God can bless u all for wat u re doing,helping prospective students wit candid and comprehensive info,its really amazing! I have a question pls,my international passport back page was accidentally stained by ground nut oil,I really dnt knw wat to do as I intended to submit my app nxt week,Secondly printin out my TOEFL score nd attaching it to my app,is it enuf proof that I took d test? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2012
kdavis: Hi y'all,I was desperately searching for useful information abt my visa app,nd I stumbled on dis "gold mine",only God can bless u all for wat u re doing,helping prospective students wit candid and comprehensive info,its really amazing! I have a question pls,my international passport back page was accidentally stained by ground nut oil,I really dnt knw wat to do as I intended to submit my app nxt week,Secondly printin out my TOEFL score nd attaching it to my app,is it enuf proof that I took d test? Thanks

Does the stain covers any info on the passport?

Yes its a good idea to print out your TOEFL score, as long as the print-out contains all the vital info then you will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2012
omopapa: Pls let's educate ourselves n get people prepared 4d proposed visa interview, as a POSTGRADUATE student if ur asked dah hw come u av such huge amt of money in ur bank statement or wats ur source of income? Is it ryt 2 say ur parent being ur sponsor gave u d money or wats d best thing 2say, suggestns pls. Let's predict some possible questns and d ryt answers 2

The issue of finance will be a trick one and can end your interview in a bad note, one thing to bear in mind is that. . . . your brother/sister/uncle/aunt/friend can NOT sponsor you.

When you are asked who your sponsor is. . . is either you are sponsoring yourself or your parents or Nigerian Govt/International organisation. Any answer outside that will. . . God knows.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2012
amen12:
Hey!

So for those that applied on the 6th, just be patient God is in Contro

I guess u submitted in Lagos. Today being Friday is actually your 15th day depending on when your passport was dispatched to abuja, u should expect the msg before this night or latest monday night (depending on when its dispatched back to vfs lagos).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2012
Chuks84: Hello, please what is the difference between an education provider and an overseas higher education institution

Donxavier:

They are the same.
@Donxavier, An education provider is your UK Tier 4 sponsor and an overseas higher education institution is the institution in your home country (if you're for a study-abroad program). I'm sure of this.

For people who need a guide on how to fill the Appendix 8 and VAF9 forms, you can use these templates from University of East London; just place your cursor on the yellow info tabs to have a hunch of what you should do in the relevant spaces provided on your printed forms. However, do note that the part where it states 9,000 for maintenance fees only applies to schools located in inner London, use 7,200 for the space provided for schools outside London. I hope this helps someone. Good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2012
Sorry I couldnt attach them. Seems there's some cap on the size of files one can append. undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2012
justwise:

Does the stain covers any info on the passport?

Yes its a good idea to print out your TOEFL score, as long as the print-out contains all the vital info then you will be fine.

Okay thanks,I will do jst dat,nd as for d passport,its just the last page (32nd page)...pls if I might add;I took a loan from d bank(400,000) to bal up 2M,makin it 2.4M for my maintenance cost,but d transaction dat transpired btw me nd d bank was dat I will nt spend their mny,nd it will be returned wen I get to UK,to my surprise I went to d bank today jst to check my bal nd it read: LEDGER-2.4M, AVAILABLE BAL-2M.I ws worried so I inquired abt it nd they(bank staff) said I can only withdraw 2M nt 2.4M,nd dat if d embassy shld call d head office abt d acc,they will inform them dat it s 2.4M,I am still nt comfortable,pls wat do u think? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2012
kdavis:

Okay thanks,I will do jst dat,nd as for d passport,its just the last page (32nd page)...pls if I might add;I took a loan from d bank(400,000) to bal up 2M,makin it 2.4M for my maintenance cost,but d transaction dat transpired btw me nd d bank was dat I will nt spend their mny,nd it will be returned wen I get to UK,to my surprise I went to d bank today jst to check my bal nd it read: [b]LEDGER-2.4M, AVAILABLE BAL-2M.[/b]I ws worried so I inquired abt it nd they(bank staff) said I can only withdraw 2M nt 2.4M,nd dat if d embassy shld call d head office abt d acc,they will inform them dat it s 2.4M,I am still nt comfortable,pls wat do u think? Thanks

That is not a good idea, is either you have the whole money or you don't. If LEDGER-2.4M appears on the bank statement you will be submitting to the embassy then its a red flag.

What if the embassy did not call the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 27, 2012
kunlewoye:

@Donxavier, An education provider is your UK Tier 4 sponsor and an overseas higher education institution is the institution in your home country (if you're for a study-abroad program). I'm sure of this.

For people who need a guide on how to fill the Appendix 8 and VAF9 forms, you can use these templates from University of East London; just place your cursor on the yellow info tabs to have a hunch of what you should do in the relevant spaces provided on your printed forms. However, do note that the part where it states 9,000 for maintenance fees only applies to schools located in inner London, use 7,200 for the space provided for schools outside London. I hope this helps someone. Good luck!
You re right. Kind of confusing though. I had to re check. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2012
Kunlewoye has given the Right answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.