Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,292 members, 7,943,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876226 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
beautyuche:

I applied for this visa 10th December and today is 20th considering weekend i will say it came out pretty fast.I honestly don't have a problem with another application fee though expensive its worth trying as next class begins September 2014 a long wait if you ask me.Thank you for your advice i will have to really consider it and hope the school responds fast Monday morning
i wish you the best of lucks.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
mrkossy:
its twisted really....... paying the money into your account that will be due by 22 of jan i doubt if your visa will be granted giving the fact that it takes 14working days. The only thing you can do right now is to, first of all let your school know, when they send you a new cas the documents you are suppose to submit to the home office should all be stated there. then your sponsors should preparer a letter stating that they will cover all your expenses and you make reference about the refusal on the additional page and also state that your sponsor will be paying all your expenses the unfortunate thing is that you will have to pay another application fee but fingers crossed this time it will be granted. but putting the money in your account at this time personally i dont think it will work cos you haven't got the time unles the your school will give a written consent of allowing you more time due to your visa difficulties if not, thats not an option in my opinion.

What sponsors? You are basically asking him to repeat everything he did the first time and just hope for better results. All visas they issued recently took 6 working days not 14, but I guess he could also ask the school for extra time, too much time can't hurt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
beautyuche:

You just opened my eyes.......Thank you so much.First i will have to speak with the school if they will consider issuing another cas by the 22nd of january because thats a huge factor now

Yes getting a CAS is the 1st step so by Monday u wld knw ur fate... Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
beautyuche:

I guess so......I hope the school will not slam me with their deadline of 6th december as they have closes cas issuance

What is the name of ur school? Jus be ready as soon as the school agrees to issues u another CAS, u shld pay all maintenance fee + tuition fee is there is any left so u can begin to count 28days, jus be hopeful...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
beautyuche: [b]I was just refused visa on account that my account did not have the required fund for 28 dats as requested but they failed to consider me as my sponsor provided company letter for sponsorship, bank refence letter of sponsor andsponsor bank statement.Also they said my cas can no longer be used to re apply.I am stucked and confused now as my cas is valid till june 2014.what do i do.I plan to appeal though but any advise........please
Sorry about the refusal,did u present 2 accounts,did u check d company's account statement carefully that d required amount did not drop because if it drops in any occasion,they will start counting 28days from the time it meets the required amount again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
keji11:
Sorry about the refusal,did u present 2 accounts,did u check carefully that d required amount did not drop because if it drops in any occasion u will they will start counting from that day.

I see the error and hope sum thing positive comes out of it Monday morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
xteeeee:

What is the name of ur school? Jus be ready as soon as the school agrees to issues u another CAS, u shld pay all maintenance fee + tuition fee is there is any left so u can begin to count 28days, jus be hopeful...

Tuition fee fully paid maintenance fee yet to be paid as the school will not take money for accomodation until arrival.As required 800 GBp per month for the duration of study which is 9 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Thank you sooo much guys you don't know what weight has been lifted off my chest. God bless you all I will definitely keep you posted on the development as it unfolds.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful night rest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
beautyuche:

I see the error and hope sum thing positive comes out of it Monday morning

What was the error you made & you now see
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
@awistle
bunburized:
Bros, that is a fair amount o. What food will I be eating that will be "just" £8 for a whole 3 square meal? UK aint costly as I was made to believe then.
I will be very happy if a budget of £70 can cover me for a week. Assuming I decide never to cook.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
bunburized: @awistle
Yeah it should be able to cover u up for a week with 2 meals per day, dats if u want to be eating outside only!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
awistle:
Yeah it should be able to cover u up for a week with 2 meals per day, dats if u want to be eating outside only!
Thanks. Jobs! Jobs!! Jobs!!! Any advice on that will be super appreciated? Also what areas are a no no during my apartment hunt?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
I am going to the embassy on 06th jan that is wen d account details will be 28 days and I have paid all tuition fees including accommodation. so lectures starts on 06 but the school said 20th jan is the latest. am confused I don't know whether I can make it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:39am On Dec 22, 2013
mukykaffe: I am going to the embassy on 06th jan that is wen d account details will be 28 days and I have paid all tuition fees including accommodation. so lectures starts on 06 but the school said 20th jan is the latest. am confused I don't know whether I can make it.
This is my personal opinion:
If you have made all payments, then I think it's worth the risk. Ensure you prepare your application well (with no mistake). Make sure your CAS states the latest start date and ensure the expected money has been in the account for 28 days.
I advice you submit it in Abuja. There's a high chance you may get your processed passport before 10th Jan. If you believe in prayers, pray too.
By the way, hope you didn't pay your accommodation fees in full? I hope you didn't pay more than £1000 as that is the maximum amount UKBA requires you to pay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 1:49am On Dec 22, 2013
bunburized:
Thanks. Jobs! Jobs!! Jobs!!! Any advice on that will be super appreciated? Also what areas are a no no during my apartment hunt?
Hospitality jobs are all around, u will just apply and do ur interview via Skype most time and hope u get it, not really seen any bad area around Salford, so it's ur money that determines where u want to stay most times or except a particular apartment is full or booked!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2013

I just paid deposit of 2000 £ its together with the tuition fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by swaggzflow(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
mukykaffe: please is there any body that applied or is in university of Lincoln UK, email me @ mukykaffe@yahoo.com so that we will know each oda cos I don't know anyone there. or if you know somebody there pls join me with em. tnx *naija4ever*

Yeah I applied dere...master of architecture international.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
@mukykaffe

Dropping your contact detail here will do you no good. If you don't want to have an open discussion here then stay away.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Guys will it be okay to write here what my appeal will is for your vetting and advice as i have written to the school for new cas but I also want to appeal my refusal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Still waiting for your response please see below my appeal I will appreciate your comments and vetting.

Unable to demonstrate maintenance funds of 7200 GBP in account for minimum period of 28 days

Firstly the CAS letter was issued to me based on the UK boarder Agency requirement on the maintenance upkeep. To this effect an Organizational financial sponsorship was sent to the school and accepted for CAS Issuance.

Secondly while filling my application under maintenance and fee( No 83 & 84) I explicitly stated that my official financial sponsor LES Hommes ltd will bear the cost of my maintenance fee as accepted by the UK boarder agency and have submitted along with the visa application , the accepted Letter of sponsorship, the Company Bank Reference Letter and the Company Bank Statement that were not referred to or rather ignored during the processing of my application .

Thirdly I am fully aware that the funds in my personal account will have been few days less of the minimum 28 day requirement and be sufficient within the application processing period. I submitted my personal bank statements to buttress the fact that I had funds of my own as support to my application as an ADD ON to my maintenance while studying in the UK. Using my personal account to refuse me entry clearance was inappropriate.

Kindly reconsider my application as I will lose my Official Sponsorship which is a rare opportunity given me to further my career as a Marine Professional as my course of study Chief Mate (Unlimited)/ HND Nautical Science could not be obtained in country and the school may not be able to issue another CAS reference letter as 6th December deadline has passed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
beautyuche: Guys will it be okay to write here what my appeal will is for your vetting and advice as i have written to the school for new cas but I also want to appeal my refusal
Have you considered the time it would take to appeal? If you want to appeal, post your letter excluding your personal details on the second UK visa thread and here too, so that you can get better advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
royalsweetness:
Have you considered the time it would take to appeal? If you want to appeal, post your letter excluding your personal details on the second UK visa thread and here too, so that you can get better advice.

Thank you very much I have requested for a new cas from the school and also considering appealing.I am hopeful i get a positive response either way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
justwise: @mukykaffe

Dropping your contact detail here will do you no good. If you don't want to have an open discussion here then stay away.
thanks.got that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
beautyuche: Guys will it be okay to write here what my appeal will is for your vetting and advice as i have written to the school for new cas but I also want to appeal my refusal
I have read your "Appeal Letter" and I have to state some facts:
1) You do not have full rights on appeal as a Tier-4 applicants (You can only appeal when you feel your rights have been infringed on issues like racism and sorts) . What you can do is fill an "Administrative Review (AR) Form" and I guess that was what you meant when you said "Appeal."

2) An AR has a resolution period within 28 days so it takes time. And according to their rules, you shouldn't even make a fresh application while you submit an AR as they'll consider you have TWO applications. (I don't know if they follow this strictly though). So, it's something you want to think deeply about especially if you have a short period of time as this.

3) Lastly, in my candid opinion, though sorry about your refusal and what you're going through, I'm not very sure you have a high chance on "winning" the review.
Here's the reason: The UKBA has a standard possible sponsors (e.g. international organisations and Federal Governments) and if your sponsor is not in that category, they expect you to show YOUR bank statement or that of YOUR PARENTS which holds the required money. So, in a nut shell, your explanation didn't particularly show a chance of winning the AR. Although I'm not saying you can't win it, because I believe in miracles, favour and grace, I just want you to have an idea of what the situation looks like.

Having said all that, I want you to consider your options well and if you have further questions, people here would be glad to answer. In the mean time, others may have a different view and I hope they share it too. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
Don Oms:
I have read your "Appeal Letter" and I have to state some facts:
1) You do not have full rights on appeal as a Tier-4 applicants (You can only appeal when you feel your rights have been infringed on issues like racism and sorts) . What you can do is fill an "Administrative Review (AR) Form" and I guess that was what you meant when you said "Appeal."

2) An AR has a resolution period within 28 days so it takes time. And according to their rules, you shouldn't even make a fresh application while you submit an AR as they'll consider you have TWO applications. (I don't know if they follow this strictly though). So, it's something you want to think deeply about especially if you have a short period of time as this.

3) Lastly, in my candid opinion, though sorry about your refusal and what you're going through, I'm not very sure you have a high chance on "winning" the review.
Here's the reason: The UKBA has a standard possible sponsors (e.g. international organisations and Federal Governments) and if your sponsor is not in that category, they expect you to show YOUR bank statement or that of YOUR PARENTS which holds the required money. So, in a nut shell, your explanation didn't particularly show a chance of winning the AR. Although I'm not saying you can't win it, because I believe in miracles, favour and grace, I just want you to have an idea of what the situation looks like.

Having said all that, I want you to consider your options well and if you have further questions, people here would be glad to answer. In the mean time, others may have a different view and I hope they share it too. All the best.

Thank you very much.I am considering an appeal as an option first the money requested would have been 28 days as at 19th december.If i had waited a lttle perharps i wont be in this situation now.I am hopeful the school gives me another cas.........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
please d minimum cash in account for 28 days is it 5000 £ or 7200 £
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
justwise: @mukykaffe

Our Oga Mr Justwise long tym, too much low key, try show ur sef once in awhile, u have inspired me n many others, thanks for everything
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
mukykaffe: please d minimum cash in account for 28 days is it 5000 £ or 7200 £

If ur school is outside London u must have 7200 pounds while if ur school is inside London u must have 9000pounds for maintenance respectively, no mistake oo... Dats where d issue of refusal always come from so u can deposit extra money incase there is rise the rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.