Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,776 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869968 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
spikesC:

Nope, you should chose tier4 so they notify ukvi for interview

When is ur school's first and last resumption dates?

September 15th, no latest start date o.
should I choose VI instead?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods:

September 15th, no latest start date o.
should I choose VI instead?

You will have 11 working days to school resumption if you go to Ikeja. It's risky as that is the average visa processing time.

If you do go to VI, recent experience of Nairalanders show the average visa processing time is =/>15 working days; sounds worse.

Can you consider Abuja if it will be possible to get appointment before or by 28th Aug.?
Can you also call your school and be sure to confirm they can't give you a week at least after the normal resumption as your latest date?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmm with this recent talk of difficulty in securing early Visa appointment at Ikeja I think Abuja is the way forward.

Make I jeje-ly book 3 days return flight for the 29th day of my bank account maturity now now to avoid gnashing of teeth grin instead of me doing penny wise pound foolish to save £150 flight fare.

I have to be airborne Lagos-London latest 27th September by God's special grace and favour.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Your school must be able to give you extra 2 weeks after your normal start date. You just have to ask if it's not stated on ur cas

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
With what am reading here,its seems like abuja is the best option for now for we that our school is resuming on sept 15th and i checked flight to abuja for aero and its 20k return
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bambamzzzz: With what am reading here,its seems like abuja is the best option for now for we that our school is resuming on sept 15th and i checked flight to abuja for aero and its 20k return

OBO - Omo Baba Olowo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods:

OBO - Omo Baba Olowo

lol thats funy oh because nothing like OBO here oh just trying to look for a faster way to get response because of my resumption date

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kenyata(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please, is it true that someone can get admission to the UK and then abandon schooling for work during the duration of the visa granted?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
I just tried checking available dates for visa appointment in Abuja but shockingly only Lagos was the option in the "Region" field, no Abuja. Is it because I filled in Lagos as my contact address?? If so let me quickly look for a way to cancel this application and start another.

To the veterans of this thread your thoughts please!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kenyata: Please, is it true that someone can get admission to the UK and then abandon schooling for work during the duration of the visa granted?

No it's not true cos if you attempt it you could be easily caught & deported.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders, any1 booking flight to Heathrow ryt now should prepare to pay a lot of moneyyyy, oboy tickets don over cost. Got a 17 hours Emirate flight at last, but has to go 2 dubai 1st. Cheii!!
Advise to every1, while waiting 4 a response, book your flight. Or else
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods: Please help me, my 28 days is over and I have completed my online application, I tried booking appointment at Ikeja ,under visa type I chose PBS tier 4 and the earliest date for that is 28th of august. should I just choose standard appointment instead of PBS tier 4 because the earliest date for standard appointment is 19th August. Please I cant wait till 28th August because my school is resuming soon. Pls help

I just checked available dates for Ikeja again just now and surprisingly 19th of August onwards became available, no restriction. I advise you book your appointment immediately before it changes again!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
HudsonBanks:

I just checked available dates for Ikeja again just now and surprisingly 19th of August onwards became available, no restriction. I advise you book your appointment immediately before it changes again!

@ HudsonBanks so you cant book abuja for yourself again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
HudsonBanks:

are you sure the visa type is PBS tier 4 appointment or just standard appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
http://www.tpcontact.co.uk/. is not opening. Help!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
sukber: Hello fellow Nairalanders, any1 booking flight to Heathrow ryt now should prepare to pay a lot of moneyyyy, oboy tickets don over cost. Got a 17 hours Emirate flight at last, but has to go 2 dubai 1st. Cheii!!
Advise to every1, while waiting 4 a response, book your flight. Or else

I dey tell you. I want mad yesterday.
Emirates is the lowest this week at approx 270,000 for a return ticket. All of them has a stop for Dubai just like you said

I'll book tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't skyrocket.

BTW, let's discuss this here: https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive/69
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good day house ( Justwise, spikeC, HudsonBanks)

Please I'm new around here & I would love to get some crucial info.

I applied for and got admission to study a 1 year Post-graduate course in the UK without making any requisite payment (Cranfield). I have also received my CAS number in May to resume 2nd October.

By providence I just got awarded with a full scholarship by an International Oil & Gas Co. covering tution, accomodation and monthly upkeep.
The challenge is I haven't started my application for a student visa.

I would like to know the:
1) Process involved in getting a student visa.
2) Required documents.
3) Possible time duration before its done.
4) How much the process would cost (estimate).
5) Does the 28-day wait for accounts ish apply to me?
6) Any other helpful info.

Sorry for the long post, but there's so much I need to know.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
alizenbohr: Good day house ( Justwise, spikeC, HudsonBanks)

I applied for and got admission to study a 1 year Post-graduate course in the UK without making any requisite payment (Cranfield). I have also received my CAS number in May to resume 2nd October.

By providence I just got awarded with a full scholarship by an International Oil & Gas Co. covering tution, accomodation and monthly upkeep.

2) Required documents.

1, 2, 4: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
3: Normally, a maximum of 3 weeks.
5: If the company is a multinational, you can apply with the sponsorship letter, else the 28days thingy will be required as they would have to deposit the money in your account
6: After going through the link above, if you have any other question, just post them here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
spikesC:

1, 2, 4: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
3: Normally, a maximum of 3 weeks.
5: If the company is a multinational, you can apply with the sponsorship letter, else the 28days thingy will be required as they would have to deposit the money in your account
6: After going through the link above, if you have any other question, just post them here

Thanks alot bro.
Checking the link.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods:

are you sure the visa type is PBS tier 4 appointment or just standard appointment?

Oh my bad! I thought I had selected PBS Tier 4 cos I was kind of frustrated that there's no option to Select Abuja from my application. Forgive the false alarm. angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GVA: 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Congrats @ SpikesC. Good bless ya. Please i would be having my appointment on Thursday 21/08/2014. Please how long does the interview take and can any one kindly share a checklist here?
Thanks and God bless all the contributors on this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
GVA: Congrats @ SpikesC. Good bless ya. Please i would be having my appointment on Thursday 21/08/2014. Please how long does the interview take and can any one kindly share a checklist here?
Thanks and God bless all the contributors on this thread

Just 3mins interview.

They will ask your course name
why you chose the course
How would it help your career
Your school address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:20am On Aug 18, 2014
alizenbohr: Good day house ( Justwise, spikeC, HudsonBanks)

2) Required documents.

Was the money paid into your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

@ HudsonBanks so you cant book abuja for yourself again?

The Abuja option isn't available on my application profile and I don't know why. cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:30am On Aug 18, 2014
HudsonBanks:

The Abuja option isn't available on my application profile and I don't know why. cry

where did you choose at the beginning of your application? because there is a place it will ask you about where you want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

where did you choose at the beginning of your application? because there is a place it will ask you about where you want

I can't remember that part of it asking for preferred location at the beginning but I must have chosen Lagos, I started filling the online application since two weeks ago but only confirmed it yesterday to check date availability.

EDIT: This information you brought to my notice has been very helpful! @bambamzzzz . I simply opened a new application and saw the Abuja option as Visa office in the beginning of the application, I totally forgot about that section. Thanks you've saved me a lot of worry! grin. I'll simply be monitoring my Lagos & Abuja application for the best date available when my account is ready. Thought only one application is allowed per visa type
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:08am On Aug 18, 2014
HudsonBanks:

I can't remember that part of it asking for preferred location at the beginning but I must have chosen Lagos, I started filling the online application since two weeks ago but only confirmed it yesterday to check date availability.

Yes its from the beggining

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kansola01: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Please, how much is the equivalent of a pound in naira in these Nigerians banks, not oanda oo. Thank you smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Kansola01: Please, how much is the equivalent of a pound in naira in these Nigerians banks, not oanda oo. Thank you smiley

You'll have to call your bank.lets discuss this here pls
www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2014
Good morning everyone, my money was deposited on 17th July and it completed 28Days on the 15th August. My worry is that I went to the bank today to get the bank statement and I was given but the last transaction date was 11th August. hope dis wont confuse the ECO. Thanks .

But the stamp on it is dated 18th August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 10:33am On Aug 18, 2014
paradisewoods: Good morning everyone, my money was deposited on 17th July and it completed 28Days on the 15th August. My worry is that I went to the bank today to get the bank statement and I was given but the last transaction date was 11th August. hope dis wont confuse the ECO. Thanks .

But the stamp on it is dated 18th August

Why not try do a little transaction today and the reprint, so u won't confuse the ECO like u said.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks all.My passport finnaly arrived after a long wait.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.