Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869748 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
justwise:

When is your course starting?

Applying from the UK with a letter from your school will give you a greater chance

29th of September but my visa start date is 29th of August, would like to go before 29th of August . Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ZaraOli: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
@xkobans
Check online for it VAF9, it is 8 pages.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
@justwise, pls i made photocopy of bank statement and cas. i jus read am not suppose to have done that. whr do i stand?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chi4b82(f): 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please house, hope I can apply with my laminated documents/certs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nitafavoured:

29th of September but my visa start date is 29th of August, would like to go before 29th of August . Thanks a lot.

Travel at the date stated on your visa which is 29th of August. Next week is not an awful long time to wait. You can only travel a month before your course start date

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
xkobans: @nitafavoured congratulations on receiving ur visa. I think it's only fair u help others as well.

Thanks Xkobans, yes your list is good so long as you've included everything in your CAS. You can make 2 photocopies of your passport data page(submit one and keep one to collect your package if you don't have another means of identification) and a copy of all your documents just for you to keep.

Ask for the self assessment form when you get to Teleperformance, make a copy, fill and submit with your application. Or does anyone have a link to the appendix 8 form?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
akmoses:

@justwise, pls i made photocopy of bank statement and cas. i jus read am not suppose to have done that. whr do i stand?

I really don't know why you should do that, you can always print another CAS or get another bank statement, so making photocopy of them is really strange to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
justwise:

Travel at the date stated on your visa which is 29th of August. Next week is not an awful long time to wait. You can only travel a month before your course start date

Ok, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ttmacoy: 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
igwejay: Good day all,
i am a graduate of computer science. A school in uk is about sending me admission letter to study masters in business administration.
my question is.
1. What's my chances of getting a job in uk after studies because i wont like to come back
2. Even if i no get work in uk, is there any way to still stay and hustle
3.does is make sense going for MBA since i a a computer science graduate.

thanks

Hey,
There a number of factors at play here such as the school you are attending for your mba and your pre mba experience.

Since the cancellation of post study worker, you need a company to hire you and sponsor you for a work permit, and given its mostly bigger firms that can afford to sponsor to work permits, the entry requirements tend to be high especially for mba recruitment.

As I said I don't know what school you are going to or your pre mba experience, but what I would advice is do your research and make sure you understand the recruitment cycle for the industry you arw interested in. What I mean is major sectors like banking, consulting etc start recruitment about September the year before so you would be applying now for entry next year September, and this is something many Nigerians don't get. Also depending on if your mba is 1 or 2 years, try to get internships for the summer as this plays a very important role for full time recruitment. As with the full time recruitment, internships open about September as well for next year summer so you would pretty much as you arrive.

Anyway let me know if you have any other questions, ad know in the school you are going, your previous mba experience etc will enable me pricing more specific advice.

I will not advice staying illegally after mba as you will not be able to get a job with your mba and will.end up doing menial jobs which I am sure isn't your aim with an mba. There is a strong anti immigration wave gripping Europe and the government has made it very difficult for illegals.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
I submitted today without photocopies, dunno if it's dat bad to do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miada: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nitafavoured:

Ask for the self assessment form when you get to Teleperformance, make a copy, fill and submit with your application. Or does anyone have a link to the appendix 8 form?

Here is the link to appendix 8
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261462/vaf9-app81.pdf

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please i need someone to confirm for me. No offence oo. I'm just being extra careful. This vaf9 form is it still in used. Someone said they don't use it anymore. Experts please confirm. God bless u richly. Amen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Chiichii2010:
I don't knw about cheapest,but u can open a saving in first bank n use form A maybe thy won't charge up to 16000 naira.

At what rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
xkobans: Please i need someone to confirm for me. No offence oo. I'm just being extra careful. This vaf9 form is it still in used. Someone said they don't use it anymore. Experts please confirm. God bless u richly. Amen.

Yes you have to submit it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
Here is the official guideline on documents to be submitted with your application https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/332185/pbs-tier-4.pdf

Also note the line I highlighted in the picture below. I wonder why this folks at the visa office still ask for those forms since our application is done online, I'm sure just an avenue to extort unsuspecting applicants sad

@Emmagency Please did you submit the VAF9 form + Appendix 8 ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
akmoses:

Truth be told, i photocopied my bank statement and CAS .....whr do i stand?
Don't bother about that. They'll just put it aside and work on your application. The statement will be returned with your package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
xkobans: Please i need someone to confirm for me. No offence oo. I'm just being extra careful. This vaf9 form is it still in used. Someone said they don't use it anymore. Experts please confirm. God bless u richly. Amen.

As far as you are applying for Tier4 from Nigeria (like many other countries) you must fill an online application which is a replacement for the VAF9. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A HAND-FILLED VAF9.

The Appendix8 form, on the other hand, SHOULD be printed out and HAND-FILLED, and submitted with the Print Out of your Online Application, signed.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kansola01: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sorry, I didn't read that well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by realcom: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
bumzaji: Am heading to kent in sept.What course r u goin in for

Really? i will be doing Computer Science MSc. and u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ZaraOli: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
@xkobans
No it isnt. I wasnt aware of the form until I had to submit at the VFS. The information on the form is similar to what you already filled online, it focuses only on the funds for your school. If you cant find it online then you may just have to part with 800, I tried checking but network isnt helping.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by myfuture: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hello People,
I have changed my signature and the signature I am using now does not match the one on my passport.Will that cause problem for my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dorothy0324: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hello. please i need help!! My dad is my sponsor and my tuition fee is 14k pounds(-2k deposit i paid= 12k pounds) and he just has about 5million in his account and he is thinking of transferring more money from his business account into his normal one(the one with d 5million) ..i don't know if that is going to affect the 28 days of holding the money in the account. thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TeamclicksAir: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
sunvick: Pls in booking a flight, must it be round trip or one way since am going for master's degree....
its not. But its advisable you do as it will prove you plan on returning to Nigeria after schooling.
you can always get a refund of your fare when you get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TeamclicksAir: 11:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nitafavoured: Thanks Justwise, DonOms, SpikesC and all that have being contributing to the forum, got my visa today, applied in V.I on the 24th of July and met people who applied on the 29th of July and got their visas today so I think Teleperformance has sorted its issues out.

Please guys, can I travel before my tier 4 visa start date with visiting visa and what should I say at point of entry if asked or I might not be asked?

Also, please who knows the fastest schengen country to apply from Nigeria or will it be possible to get schengen visa from the uk.

Thanks and all the best to those expecting their visas and about to apply.
Finland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dorothy0324: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2014
..and also,my dad sent my Uncle in UK the deposit to pay and he would be paying the deposit tomorrow,hopefully (...if he puts his name on the deposit slip will it show in the CAS (like **** deposited 2kpounds, instead of my dads name) ...and then will it affect my visa application, because i put my fathers name as the sponsor.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 3:17am On Aug 20, 2014
Pls can one apply for UK Visa and book a date like 4th of Sept this week, in anticipation to pay Complete Tuition fee and update CAS before the appointment date as it is already late to start counting all over? Will this be regarded as furnishing UKBA with false information during the course of filling the Visa form? The reason is to secure an interview date for 1st week of Sept as resumption is slated for 22nd. Maintenance fee has clocked more than 28 days already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ZaraOli: 5:59am On Aug 20, 2014
@dorothy03024
Your CAS doesnt reflect who paid your fees. Rather it states the amount deposited as school fees and not the person who paid.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bumzaji(f): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2014
realcom:

Really? i will be doing Computer Science MSc. and u?
yh.msc finance,investment n risk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dorothy0324: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2014
ZaraOli: @dorothy03024
Your CAS doesnt reflect who paid your fees. Rather it states the amount deposited as school fees and not the person who paid.
okay i get now.. thanks alot.i appreciate your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
Finland
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 8:07am On Aug 20, 2014
DonOms:
Don't bother about that. They'll just put it aside and work on your application. The statement will be returned with your package.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.