Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (872430 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2014
Good morning house, I forgot to print the Oanda currency converter page on the date of my application, can it be remedied
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2014
I hail all my oga in the house. Anybody know why there is no appointment date in VFS Abuja from next monday?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2014
Please how do I get to vfs ikeja from mile2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 9:00am On Sep 09, 2014
I don already submit but I never made any mistake with the online one but the appendix 8 that we were given there to fill was where I made the mistake...so worried about it tho
spikesC:

It doesn't matter now, just fill it in you appendix 8 form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2014
perfect08: I hail all my oga in the house. Anybody know why there is no appointment date in VFS Abuja from next monday?

Based on the rumor that VFS might soon stop handling visa applications to the UK I personally think UKBA is trying to hand over visa processing to teleperformance fully that's why a new Abuja office for teleperformance just opened.

Personal opinion tho nothing official.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Based on the rumor that VFS might soon stop handling visa applications to the UK I personally think UKBA is trying to hand over visa processing to teleperformance fully that's why a new Abuja office for teleperformance just opened.

Personal opinion tho nothing official.

I guess so. but the surprising thing is that Victoria Island Centre is the only office on Teleperformance website. Nothing about the Abuja office as at the time this morning. I just hope VFS release other appointment date for the month. I can't afford to enter a deadlock situation with teleperformance. *Prayer time*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2014
Good morning everyone...

Pls how does one correct a mistake that was made in an already printed application?

My earlier refused visa date is incorrect. I erroneously put 3rd July, instead of 3rd june.
Please I hope this is not a big problem and how do I correct it?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2014
Visa Approved
Ready for collection in two days!
Took Keke Napep to apply at the VFS Abuja on 3rd September grin

To all n00bs here, please read thru this thread painstakingly for your own good grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2014
IntroVAT: Good morning everyone...

Pls how does one correct a mistake that was made in an already printed application?

My earlier refused visa date is incorrect. I erroneously put 3rd July, instead of 3rd june.
Please I hope this is not a big problem and how do I correct it?

Thanks

Attach a note to the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Frangbon:

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2014
i think your the same person asking about the appendix 8 at the VAC? congrat!
Ganiyat95: Hello house, i applied on the 3rd of September at ikeja and on the 7th of September, i got a mail from this address(Abuja.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk) saying that "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com". Should i go to the VAC on wednesday to check? Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2014
Frangbon:

With the amount of Note introvat don dey add..it's highly advisable he just a new NOTE BOOK... grin.....just kidding bro..add a note

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Frangbon: Visa Approved

To all n00bs here, please read thru this thread painstakingly for your own good grin

Congratulations. .
I believe mine will be the next. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2014
Nageo:

Congratulations. .
I believe mine will be the next. smiley

Same here ooo..submitted 4th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2014
Please has any one who applied on or before 20th of August, plus or minus 5 days, visited Teleperformance recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2014
IntroVAT: These interview questions are actually harder than first thought ooo

I mean i know i can answer any questions that have to do with why i chose my course and how it will help me in the future and all that,
but questions like. .

1. Why did you choose to study in london? (i applied via ucas to 5 schools, and actually choose my current school cos its in london and i'm likely to get more job opportunities there. but this sounds like a bad answer because i'm going there to school (undergrad) not work)
Can someone please provide me with a generalised better answer?

2. Why did you apply to canada instead of the uk? did you apply to the uk because you were refused by canada?
My visa application to canada was refused back in may, i didnt reapply and instead applied to the uk. I applied to canada because i saw a school i liked that offered a course i liked. But having been refused, i found an alternative in the uk.
Please can someone provide me with a better diplomatic answer on why the uk is my second choice

Finally, just to be doubly sure. . .i hope this pic i attached is the Appendix 8 form?

Thanks

For the first question you can answer as follows.

a) Í've opted to study in this university because this is one of the oldest universities in the UK and it has been a reliable choice for many international students who opted for your particular course. I found this out while researching about this university on social networks.

b) The University which I am going to has all the modules which I want to study for example other universities don't have Networks and protocols as a module in this particular course.

( you should add both points in your answer )

Justwise, correct me if am wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2014
perfect08:

I guess so. but the surprising thing is that Victoria Island Centre is the only office on Teleperformance website. Nothing about the Abuja office as at the time this morning. I just hope VFS release other appointment date for the month. I can't afford to enter a deadlock situation with teleperformance. *Prayer time*

Seriously? They don't even have the Abuja office up on their website na wa for teleperformance. Let's be hopeful for more dates at VFS for next week till even end of month like Ikeja office. Prayer is key.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2014

Congrats my fellow KeKe passenger! grin I dey wait my own approval mail this weekend, applied yesterday in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chi4b82(f): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2014
Help me thank God for this news. My visa has been approved and issued. This is a testimony cos my money was short by up to 500k. Though I used my mum's statement of account to support mine. God is really more than faithful. No one like him. Wolverhampton here I come. Thank U Jesus and thank U my beautiful Nairaland family.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2014
xkobans: Please has any one who applied on or before 20th of August, plus or minus 5 days, visited Teleperformance recently?

Was there this morning, na story! Applied 18.
But I received message from ukvi very early today in response to my message that it has been processed:[/color][quote author=xkobans]Please has any one who applied on or before 20th of August, p

Was there this morning, na story! Applied 18.
But I received message from ukvi in response to my message that it has been processed:
Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas & Immigrations (UKVI)
international enquiry service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked your visa application status and found
that the application has been processed and a decision was made on 29/08
and it should be with you in the next few days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Congrats my fellow KeKe passenger! grin I dey wait my own approval mail this weekend, applied yesterday in Abuja.

@ HudsonBanks you will get your approval email before monday grin and how was it at abuja when you were submitting?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by medman007(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2014

I sight you bro...Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Chiichii2010:
@ justwise, I have more than required.

If you have more than enough before the transaction then you got nothing to worry about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2014
chi4b82: Help me thank God for this news. My visa has been approved and issued. This is a testimony cos my money was short by up to 500k. Though I used my mum's statement of account to support mine. God is really more than faithful. No one like him. Wolverhampton here I come. Thank U Jesus and thank U my beautiful Nairaland family.
A big congrats to you..
Where and when did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
When can you pickup your passport at the VFS after receiving the approval mail??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by doncorleone(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello House.

Please I want to know exactly when does the visa get to the VSF abuja for collection, if one receives an approval or 'visa issued' email today. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chi4b82(f): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nageo:
A big congrats to you..
Where and when did you apply?

I applied on the 3rd of Sep in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
chi4b82:

I applied on the 3rd of Sep in Abuja.
Ok.

Beginning to get worried, I applied on 2nd sept..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jehovahshalom: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dear house,please I urgently need your contribution to this visa issue,I apply for tier 4 general student visa and I apply for my wife as tier 4 dependent partner because my course is a 12 month course.well my visa was granted but that of my wife was refused and the reason for refusal is because my course is not a post graduate but HND level. Though she been given a full right of appeal form,that we can appeal the decision within 28 days of the refusal date....now we don't know what to do or how to go about it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
So, as suggested to go to the Teleperformance office. I did today without receiving any mail. Lo and behold, my package was already there with them. Approved!

By the way for those who are still waiting, I applied on the 13th of August, got no mail from them but just decided to go there today since I am in Lagos. Today makes it 19th working day, fair enough on my part compared to some others.

And if by any chance anyone here is going to University College London (UCL), that is where I'm headed!

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1: So, as suggested to go to the Teleperformance office. I did today without receiving any mail. Lo and behold, my package was already there with them. Approved!

By the way for those who are still waiting, I applied on the 13th of August, got no mail from them but just decided to go there today since I am in Lagos. Today makes it 19th working day, fair enough on my part compared to some others.

And if by any chance anyone here is going to University College London (UCL), that is where I'm headed!

All the best.

There is hope. Applied on the 20th of August, apparently my 15th working day wait period would be completed by tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
xkobans:
There is hope. Applied on the 20th of August, apparently my 15th working day wait period would be completed by tomorrow.

@xkobans, which date was on your visa page and when actually did teleperformance receive it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.