Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,368 members, 7,900,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (872416 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1: So, as suggested to go to the Teleperformance office. I did today without receiving any mail. Lo and behold, my package was already there with them. Approved!

By the way for those who are still waiting, I applied on the 13th of August, got no mail from them but just decided to go there today since I am in Lagos. Today makes it 19th working day, fair enough on my part compared to some others.

And if by any chance anyone here is going to University College London (UCL), that is where I'm headed!

All the best.

@pholareen, congrats. Which date was on your visa page and do you have any idea when teleperformance actually received it? Once again, congrats. I applied on the 22nd of August too at VI. My school is not far from yours. Mine is Westminster.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1: So, as suggested to go to the Teleperformance office. I did today without receiving any mail. Lo and behold, my package was already there with them. Approved!

By the way for those who are still waiting, I applied on the 13th of August, got no mail from them but just decided to go there today since I am in Lagos. Today makes it 19th working day, fair enough on my part compared to some others.

And if by any chance anyone here is going to University College London (UCL), that is where I'm headed!

All the best.
congrats
were u contacted at any point from Sheffield before now informing u that it has been approved or processed? I applied 18th, was there today and wasn't ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2014

All the best.
Congrats
were u contacted at any point from Sheffield before now informing u that it has been approved?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
dortmund01:

@pholareen, congrats. Which date was on your visa page and do you have any idea when teleperformance actually received it? Once again, congrats. I applied on the 22nd of August too at VI. My school is not far from yours. Mine is Westminster.

I already mailed UKVI and they responded that a decision has been made since 24th of August. Although I have 29th on my visa page. I have no idea when it arrived, but I am guessing yesterday. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2014

All the best.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1:

I already mailed UKVI and they responded that a decision has been made since 24th of August. Although I have 29th on my visa page. I have no idea when it arrived, but I am guessing yesterday. All the best.

CONGRAT

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon:
Congrats
were u contacted at any point from Sheffield before now informing u that it has been approved?

I wasn't, I was onloy told a decision has been made when I tried to track my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
dortmund01:

@xkobans, which date was on your visa page and when actually did teleperformance receive it?

I did my interview on the 20th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations!

Thanks boss. You've been a blessing to us all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1:

Thanks boss. You've been a blessing to us all.

I'm really happy for you, very good school as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1:

OK. I received exact message like that saying decision was made on 29th.
I was beginning to get worried because I expect them to say whether approved or not since most testimonies I read here is that it has been approved and issued, thinking they want to b diplomatic about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2014

All the best.

Congrats grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon:

OK. I received exact message like that saying decision was made on 29th.
I was beginning to get worried because I expect them to say whether approved or not since most testimonies I read here is that it has been approved and issued, thinking they want to b diplomatic about it.

What you read here mostly is from those that applied through VFS. And those mails were not response to q tracking they received.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
xkobans: Please has any one who applied on or before 20th of August, plus or minus 5 days, visited Teleperformance recently?

i applied on the 19th, got there today na story.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
xkobans: Please has any one who applied on or before 20th of August, plus or minus 5 days, visited Teleperformance recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
pholareen1:

What you read here mostly is from those that applied through VFS. And those mails were not response to q tracking they received.
I actually mailed UKVI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=paradisewoods][/quote]
I was there today, applied 18th. Not ready I was told.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
All the best.

Congrats! This is good news. At least dates are getting closer. Had mine at Teleperformance on 20th. I contacted ukvi and was told decision was made already on 3rd September. Hoping it will get here by the end of this week or early next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
in response to my mail from Sheffield today at 12:32, what does it mean?
Dear Mr Akoteyon,

Thank you for your email.

Your application is currently under consideration by a caseworker. As soon as a decision is reached, we will return your passport and documents to you. 

Please quote reference number 135128 in any future correspondence.

Yours sincerely,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Means they are currently working on your application.
EAkoteyon: [color=#990000][/color]
Dear Mr Akoteyon,

Your application is currently under consideration by a caseworker. As soon as a decision is reached, we will return your passport and documents to you. 

Yours sincerely,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by charlycharly: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon: [color=#990000][/color]
Dear Mr Akoteyon,

Yours sincerely,

Please how did you contact them ? Please can you drop the contact ? I applied since August 14 up till now .... Very worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by charlycharly: 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon:
I actually mailed UKVI

Please drop the email address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by catherine0709: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello House, can anyone in the UK help me with this, my wife is my dependant I am a Tier 4 msc student and getting all ready to a job, but she needs to open an account with a bank the school didn't give any letter to her like i was given to open an account(Reason been she is nt a stdnt) i would appreciate if any one have an idea how to go about this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
please is the appendix 8 the same as the declaration form? if no , how can i get it.
so i saw £800 as the maintenace fee on the appendix 8 form and they said it should reflect in your account for 9months. i used 820×12months to be on the safe side. hope that is ok o. cos i saw somewhere else that it should be 820.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
For those of u that have been granted visa's, I celebrate with u, and for those still waiting, our good news will come too by d grace of God...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by charlycharly: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon: visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks a million
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
charlycharly:

Thanks a million
my pleasure!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi all please, I saw 265. Something on oanda. Is this the current exchange rate or did I type something wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
kemkem30: Hi all please, I saw 265. Something on oanda. Is this the current exchange rate or did I type something wrong.
Actually less than that, £ has fallen against $ as a result of speculations of Scotland independence referendum on 16th sept.
So for some of u whose University is in Scotland u there is tendency of change in policies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
EAkoteyon:
Actually less than that, £ has fallen against $ as a result of speculations of Scotland independence referendum on 16th sept.
So for some of u whose University is in Scotland u there is tendency of change in policies.
This is really good for me because the exchange rate specified in my award letter is 264. Its like we are getting close to that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
Currently 259. I hope it drop below 240
kemkem30:
This is really good for me because the exchange rate specified in my award letter is 264. Its like we are getting close to that

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.