Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869735 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
gbemmiey:
15th although week one would be orientation and registration ends 6th of October

Will be out b4 den....orientation also gone for me(was this week)...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koks2000: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
KingRuckus: Pls I have an issue, I got my naija passport in 2010 ( & I have travelled twice with it). It is due to expire in JUNe 2015. I would apply for a tier 4 visa in October because my course starts jan. 2015 & ends JuN 2016. I hope my passport expiry date won't affect my visa or should I just get another one before I apply ??
I think it would affect .
Please those with better knowledge should help with this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly:

Will be out b4 den....orientation also gone for me(was this week)...

smiley thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
KingRuckus: Pls I have an issue, I got my naija passport in 2010 ( & I have travelled twice with it). It is due to expire in JUNe 2015. I would apply for a tier 4 visa in October because my course starts jan. 2015 & ends JuN 2016. I hope my passport expiry date won't affect my visa or should I just get another one before I apply ??
It won't affect, it is not upto 6mnths naa?
Mayb u use my case as an example. My passport is expiring Feb 2015, I applied for visa July 2014. My Course ends Dec 2015. Visa was approved August, been in d UK four weeks now. Don't knw if my case helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nageo: Applied on 2nd sept at vfs abuja, no mail from yet..

Just tracked my application and saw this message

" Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation Center"

Where do I stand please.. cry
Please still expecting your response @bosses here.

bikonu
ejoooor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
paradisewoods:

When did u submit let me help u calculate it.

I did on 20th Aug. So sad!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
tobee:

If we analyze the seemingly random patterns
of the Teleinperfromance, taking into account standard deviation, and assuming that ε approaches 0 as angle δ approaches π.we can conclude we all ve to wait 22 working days, cos that's the average time everyone said they waited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by e1986(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
tobee:

Sometimes you don't get message to come and pick up your passport. I think you should call the customer care line. If you submitted in Lag and you also stay in Lag, do well to visit the Ikeja office. Best of Luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
e1986:
Sometimes you don't get message to come and pick up your passport. I think you should call the customer care line. If you submitted in Lag and you also stay in Lag, do well to visit the Ikeja office. Best of Luck!
e1986:
paradisewoods:
If we analyze the seemingly random patterns
of the Teleinperfromance, taking into account standard deviation, and assuming that ε approaches 0 as angle δ approaches π.we can conclude we all ve to wait 22 working days, cos that's the average time everyone said they waited

Thanks a lot guys. Btw, is paradise wood a mathematician? cheesy . I am though

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ganiyat95: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello house, went to ikeja office today. Got there and they said it isn't ready. The track your application part is showing 'Processed passport is in Transit to the uk visa operation center. Meanwhile, the visa approval mail said 2 working days. What should I do now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by goldblue: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
I will like to use this medium to advise anyone who is about to apply for a UK visa to please not use Teleperformance at VI.This is not a smear campaign but a genuine advice from an applicant that is frustrated by their services,people who apply at VFS at Ikeja get their decision mailed to them within 2 working days,this is my 3rd week now.Their online tracking system is the silliest thing i have even seen,save yourself the stress,do not apply thru them

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ganiyat95: Hello house, went to ikeja office today. Got there and they said it isn't ready. The track your application part is showing 'Processed passport is in Transit to the uk visa operation center. Meanwhile, the visa approval mail said 2 working days. What should I do now?

Guess u still have to wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nageo:
Please still expecting your response @bosses here.

bikonu
ejoooor

U shld wait for about 2 to 3 days, then go for pick up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
goldblue: I will like to use this medium to advise anyone who is about to apply for a UK visa to please not use Teleperformance at VI.This is not a smear campaign but a genuine advice from an applicant that is frustrated by their services,people who apply at VFS at Ikeja get their decision mailed to them within 2 working days,this is my 3rd week now.Their online tracking system is the silliest thing i have even seen,save yourself the stress,do not apply thru them

@goldblue, which day did u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jangolo: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hi Guys,
Still waiting for my visa to be returned and i applied on the 18th of August. The funny thing is I went in today to check and someone who applied on the 11th of August still didn't have his passport returned. I know everyone is slaying Teleperformance but really it ain't their fault, the UKVI are at fault. They are the cause of the delay as they do not post it back quickly after making a decision, please if you do contact them the question you should be asking is when was my passport dispatched from the UK. Teleperformance is just the middle man, they post your application to the UK and the UKVI post it back. UKVI use red star express delivery to post it from the UK to Nigeria and based on my research red star takes only 2-3 working days to deliver it to teleperformance. So you can clearly see who is at fault, I think we should all send an email complaining to the UKVI about their poor service and heartless behaviour. They do not even put into consideration people's start dates or circumstances. It all goes down to discrimination, this sort of low quality service will never be used for citizens of major countries like the US or even China.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
jangolo: Hi Guys,
Still waiting for my visa to be returned and i applied on the 18th of August. The funny thing is I went in today to check and someone who applied on the 11th of August still didn't have his passport returned. I know everyone is slaying Teleperformance but really it ain't their fault, the UKVI are at fault. They are the cause of the delay as they do not post it back quickly after making a decision, please if you do contact them the question you should be asking is when was my passport dispatched from the UK. Teleperformance is just the middle man, they post your application to the UK and the UKVI post it back. UKVI use red star express delivery to post it from the UK to Nigeria and based on my research red star takes only 2-3 working days to deliver it to teleperformance. So you can clearly see who is at fault, I think we should all send an email complaining to the UKVI about their poor service and heartless behaviour. They do not even put into consideration people's start dates or circumstances. It all goes down to discrimination, this sort of low quality service will never be used for citizens of major countries like the US or even China.

I think the problem is with teleperformance because even the people that apply for other visa's apart from student that is not sent to sheffield also have such a problem. maybe they want to send them in bulk. How does VFS process theirs? The wait continues oh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobioha: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
I think the problem is from Teleperformance because VFS Ikeja isnt this slow. I know of people that get their visas within 10 days of application. This is just teleperformance being wicked and not giving any care to anybody but their own selfish selves.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jangolo: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
dortmund01:

I think the problem is with teleperformance because even the people that apply for other visa's apart from student that is not sent to sheffield also have such a problem. maybe they want to send them in bulk. How does VFS process theirs? The wait continues oh.

It is the people sending it to them that arranges the deliveries. The UKVI in sheffield they send it back in BULK to save money. I am just quite annoyed because we pay so much for the Visa and they can't offer us a swift service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jangolo: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nobioha: I think the problem is from Teleperformance because VFS Ikeja isnt this slow. I know of people that get their visas within 10 days of application. This is just teleperformance being wicked and not giving any care to anybody but their own selfish selves.

You do know that VFS applications go to Abuja and Teleperformance goes to Sheffield in the UK. Anyways bottom line is NEVER EVER apply with TELEPERFORMANCE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
gbemmiey:
Its about 4 to 10 working days. Average of 5wd for most people. Since it is individual based, u may be advised not to book now.
Ok, thanks gbemmiey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly: Whew...got my mail today just now
Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

..submitted @ ikeja sept 4....

e1986: I submitted in Ikeja on the 2nd of September 2014.

Wow that's great, Ikeja seems to be speeding up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
D tier 4 student visa is it more dan a year..wanna book a flight I'm told under a year must book a return flight..One way on my find..spikeC nd Justwise...(na msc)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly: D tier 4 student visa is it more dan a year..wanna book a flight I'm told under a year must book a return flight..One way on my find..spikeC nd Justwise...(na msc)

Yes its more than a year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by giftmurphy(f): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
hi,anyone going to Greenwich?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello House, please am considering booking Arik Airline, This my first with arik and is cheap compare to BA atm. Pls anyone use this airline before and what your experience? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
jangolo:

You do know that VFS applications go to Abuja and Teleperformance goes to Sheffield in the UK. Anyways bottom line is NEVER EVER apply with TELEPERFORMANCE.

M hoping to start hearing good news from tommorow oh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 12:20am On Sep 11, 2014
giftmurphy: hi,anyone going to Greenwich?
Mr Spikec is a sandwich, I mean Greenwizard. Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:44am On Sep 11, 2014
guiddoti: Mr Spikec is a sandwich, I mean Greenwizard. Lol
Lol

giftmurphy: hi,anyone going to Greenwich?

Yeah. Which course and level are you going for? Got your visa already, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 6:13am On Sep 11, 2014
I'm going for my interview today o...make una wish me well.

Any last words, tit bits make una tell me oooo. I'm very nervous

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 6:54am On Sep 11, 2014
IntroVAT: I'm going for my interview today o...make una wish me well.

Any last words, tit bits make una tell me oooo. I'm very nervous

No worries. Just keep cool. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2014
Guys I have a question.

What will they ask during immigration check in the airport.

I know I have to show my passport and study documents. Do they ask for updated bank statements and proof of fund ? The money is in the bank but all I have now is my bank statement which I submitted with my visa dated aug 13. Is that okay or I have to provide them a new statement ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.