Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,593 members, 7,926,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 09:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (91023 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
I love all the fantastic replies to coogar and his dumb uncle, Ancellotti.
Sell Drogba so Torres will do well indeed.

While at it, sell all Chelsea players and get players that will help him do well.
Also do the same for the Spanish team.

If CA knew a thing about football he would still have been the Chelsea manager.  cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
dayokanu:

^^
So when torres keeps misfiring what backup does the coach e.g AVB has?

I already told you Drogba normally would have been phased out as part of the succesion plan of management
, But everything was scuttled by the Failure called torres. if Torres had lit it up like other strikers do then no one would even remember Drogba

Why didnt Ancelotti in Milan sell off Inzaghi  to favour Tommason or even Gilardino.

If JD Tommason or Gilardino had stepped it up, There wont be any need for Inzaghi to stay long, or even recall Crespo

and i have also told you torres has not been given the chance to flourish.
the system @ chelsea does not suit him.

diggz:

@ Coogar,I beg go look bush! CA is full of shyte walahi! Sell Drogba so dat Torres can do wat exactly? Pls,tell me d person liverpool needs to sell so dat andy caroll can start performing? Or did Fergie sell Berbatov for welbeck to start performing? Abeg FT wahala no b here.I, Ibime,dk,bluediva, plus all chelsea fan want to see him do well. Ft nids to step up to d plate,simples!!!!!

welbeck was born n bred a red devil. if he cannot flourish in a club he has been playing all his life, i don't know when he would ever function.
apples and oranges.

debosky:

I guess Drogba was the same problem at Liverpool? grin

We might as well say we need to sell RVP to help Chamakh or sell Suarez to help Carroll. grin

torres had no problems at liverpool, you neophyte!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 12:47am On Jan 19, 2012
^^ the system is responsible for a 50m striker scoring 5 goals in 12 calendar months?

The system in Spain is also to blame

A workman who blames his tools. Failure Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 19, 2012
They are proud that Torres has a couple of assists.
Fancy paying 50million for 5 goals and 11 assists in a year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2012
Hmmm. They are proud that . . . I wonder who "they" are.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
lol. nateevs, certainly you are one of them "they" . abi be ko. tongue grin

Emi ni temi oo. . .As long as Chelsea is winning, aint no whining from me. Ko ju be lo. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
FBS:

lol. nateevs, certainly you are one of them "they" . abi be ko. tongue grin

Emi ni temi oo. . .As long as Chelsea is winning, aint no whining from me. Ko ju be lo. grin

Hehehe. You sef jasi abi? Diva used to be a sweetheart. Now she takes a swipe at me whenever she can. . grin grin
All because of Torres. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
nateevs:

Hehehe. You sef jasi abi? Diva used to be a sweetheart. Now she takes a swipe at me whenever she can. . grin grin

The old woman shivers at the mention of dry bones. . . wink
It's all harmless fun, at your expense though. grin

I read that Chelsea senior players refuse to give up on EPL hopes.
AVB says the title race is over, Lamps, Terry etc reply that he is speaking for himself.

These boys don't respect AVB o.
They see him as their mate and it doesn't help that they are richer. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ the system is responsible for a 50m striker scoring 5 goals in 12 calendar months?

The system in Spain is also to blame

A workman who blames his tools. Failure Torres

yes, he scored 5 goals in 12 months - what about the goals he made?
they don't count?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Carlotti was trying to say that Drogba uses jazz. Other strikers fold[b] psychologically[/b] in his presence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ibime:

Carlotti was trying to say that Drogba uses jazz. Other strikers fold[b] psychologically[/b] in his presence.

nothing to do with the mentality of the other strikers.

it's just easier for lazy english defenders/midfielders to play with drogba upfront.
they just lump the ball forward each time to find drogba cos they know he is a battering ram.

with the other strikers, torres + shevchenko + kezman + crespo, these type of strikers require constant accurate passes, inter-passes and the precise weight of the pass for them to thrive. an art most players in england cannot cope with so the game passes by these kind of strikers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
nateevs:

hehehehe. no mind BD. She's just having fun. cheesy

But seriously, if Fernando no fire or find form (whichever comes last grin ) then Chelsea may end up with nada this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

nothing to do with the mentality of the other strikers.

it's just easier for lazy english defenders/midfielders to play with drogba upfront.
they just lump the ball forward each time to find drogba cos they know he is a battering ram.

with the other strikers, torres + shevchenko + kezman + crespo, these type of strikers require constant accurate passes, inter-passes and the precise weight of the pass for them to thrive. an art most players in england cannot cope with so the game passes by these kind of strikers.

You have always presented his fake form in Liverpool as evidence of his quality, Were there English midfielders in Liverpool?

Was it the English midfielders that made him to fail in the national team?? Do they lump balls forward in Spain too or why does he have 27 goals in 91 games for the most creative midfield of our generation.

Kezman was never really good, What did he do anywhere outside Holland and what makes him different from Alfonso Alves?

Sheva was old before he came to Chelsea and already lost his potency, this we can see when he returned to Milan Yet Sheva scored 22 goals in 77 appearance for Chelsea. 0.28 goals per game

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/andriy-shevchenko/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_3522.html

Hernan Crespo scored 25 goals in 71 appearance for Chelsea. 0.35 goals per game

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hernan-crespo/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_3410.html

Now to fernando torres

41 matches 5 goals shocked shocked shocked [size=18pt]Nigga I cant divide[/size]

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fernando-torres/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_7767.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

You have always presented his fake form in Liverpool as evidence of his quality, Were there English midfielders in Liverpool?

Was it the English midfielders that made him to fail in the national team?? Do they lump balls forward in Spain too or why does he have 27 goals in 91 games for the most creative midfield of our generation.

Kezman was never really good, What did he do anywhere outside Holland and what makes him different from Alfonso Alves?

Sheva was old before he came to Chelsea and already lost his potency, this we can see when he returned to Milan Yet Sheva scored 22 goals in 77 appearance for Chelsea. 0.28 goals per game

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/andriy-shevchenko/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_3522.html

Hernan Crespo scored 25 goals in 71 appearance for Chelsea. 0.35 goals per game

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hernan-crespo/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_3410.html

Now to fernando torres

41 matches 5 goals shocked shocked shocked [size=18pt]Nigga I cant divide[/size]

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fernando-torres/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_7767.html

33 goals in his debut season for liverpool is fake?
how many strikers in the premier league had torres' amazing form when he arrived.
he was the 3rd best player in the world that season terrorizing defences with chelsea(the formidable one, not the soapy chelsea defence these days) being the biggest sufferers of his wrath. . .

torres was the most prolific striker liverpool ever had in their history.
the fastest striker in their history to score 50 goals and blah blah blah. how can all that be flukey?
i am tired of haggling this topic with you cos you clearly stretch the borders of daftness with your misinformation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

33 goals in his debut season for liverpool is fake?
how many strikers in the premier league had torres' amazing form when he arrived.
he was the 3rd best player in the world that season terrorizing defences with chelsea(the formidable one, not the soapy chelsea defence these days) being the biggest sufferers of his wrath. . .

torres was the most prolific striker liverpool ever had in their history.
the fastest striker in their history to score 50 goals and blah blah blah. how can all that be flukey?
i am tired of haggling this topic with you cos you clearly stretch the borders of daftness with your misinformation.

Roque Santa cruz also scored 22 goals in his first season that must mean he is a ball of fire.

A flukey is when you cant reproduce that good performance. Since that 33 goals in 2007/2008, He has never even scored 23 goals in a season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Roque Santa cruz also scored 22 goals in his first season that must mean he is a ball of fire.

33 goals is different from 22 goals, if he took penalty kicks, torres was good enough to rack 40 that season.
i can count the number of strikers that scored 30 goals in their debut season on my finger tips in the premier league. . .

A flukey is when you cant reproduce that good performance. Since that 33 goals in 2007/2008, He has never even scored 23 goals in a season

go and look at his ratio in 2009/10.
it was better than his first season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
No need to defend the indefensible, 5 goals in ALL competitions in one year is unacceptable at any level of football. Dimitar Berbatov scored 5 goals in a single game last season FFS!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^ If only you know how many defenders scored over 5 goals in a season

How many did Vermalean score in his debut season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
ritchboy:

No need to defend the indefensible, 5 goals in ALL competitions in one year is unacceptable at any level of football. Dimitar Berbatov scored 5 goals in a single game last season FFS!

statistics mean nothing especially to a striker that has moved mountains before - how does one score 33 goals in his debut season in the toughest league in the world by fluke?

drogba once scored 5 league goals in one season and he played more than 20 games that season.
these things can happen. . . . .tevez once scored 5 league goals in 30 games for man utd, it means shyte.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

33 goals is different from 22 goals, if he took penalty kicks, torres was good enough to rack 40 that season.
i can count the number of strikers that scored 30 goals in their debut season on my finger tips in the premier league. . .

Scoring 33 goals for a top team like Liverpool isnt much different to scoring 22 goals for a Blackburn given the quality of the 2 sides.

Playing alongside Gerrard and Xabi Alonso is different from playing alongside David Bentley and Benny Mccarty

coogar:

statistics mean nothing especially to a striker that has moved mountains before - how does one score 33 goals in his debut season in the toughest league in the world by fluke?

Santa Cruz also scored 22 goals in his debut season, Benny mc carthy scored 18 in his debut season

Demba ba has scored 22 goals in a year, half of which he played in a relegation team , The same time frame Torres scored 3 goals in English football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Scoring 33 goals for a top team like Liverpool isnt much different to scoring 22 goals for a Blackburn given the quality of the 2 sides.
Playing alongside Gerrard and Xabi Alonso is different from playing alongside David Bentley and Benny Mccarty

liverpool weren't a top team in 07/08. . . .

Santa Cruz also scored 22 goals in his debut season, Benny mc carthy scored 18 in his debut season

so a difference of 11 goals and 15 goals respectively with santa cruz/mc carthy who were regular penalty takers should be compared to nando torres?
this is why i always question your tactical nous. grin

Demba ba has scored 22 goals in a year, half of which he played in a relegation team , The same time frame Torres scored 3 goals in English football

let demba ba score 33 goals in a season before he can be compared to torres!
this is not a matter of shoulda, woulda. . . .torres once scored 33 pure goals in one season in england.
until others match that feat, you're just pissing in the wind.

santa cruz ko, santa claus ni!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
coogar:

Liverpool was a top 4 EPL team in 2007/2008, They were a CL finalist the season before

so a difference of 11 goals and 15 goals respectively with santa cruz/mc carthy who were regular penalty takers should be compared to nando torres?
this is why i always question your tactical nous. grin

A difference of 11 and 15 goals playing for blackburn where David bentley is your most creative midfielder vs Gerrard and Alonso.

this is not a matter of shoulda, woulda. . . .torres once scored 33 pure goals in one season in england.

Demba Ba already scored 15 in half of the season and is off to Africa now. he has 15 league goals and just 9 shy of Torres league goals in his best season despite playing for a weaker team

santa cruz ko, santa claus ni!

Torres ko, Torros ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^ Vermaelen scored EIGHT goals in his debut season!
cheesy
This season, he has a better goal-ratio than Torres! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Liverpool was a top 4 EPL team in 2007/2008, They were a CL finalist the season before

and what was the return of their strikers before torres joined. after all, gerrard and alonso were there before torres arrived.
answers on a post card, please. grin  how's suarez faring as we speak?

A difference of 11 and 15 goals playing for blackburn where David bentley is your most creative midfielder vs Gerrard and Alonso.

they had pedersen, jeffers, roberts, derbyshire ooijer, etc.
blackburn finished 7th that season in case you have selective amnesia. they were very good that season so santa cruz didn't play around chumps.
so to compare a player who scored 33 pure goals(4th position) to a striker with 22 goals(7th position) w

Demba Ba already scored 15 in half of the season and is off to Africa now. he has 15 league goals and just 9 shy of Torres league goals in his best season despite playing for a weaker team

let him score 33 goals and deduct his number of penalties from his 15 league goals. grin
compare like for like.

Torres ko, Torros ni

that's why he's £50m.
no player in the history of bundesliga has cost that much. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
dis argument is redundant! wether torres scored a million goals before does not matter.d fact is dat he has lost form for club and country and dis borne out by his stats and his play.
now players lose form for diferent reasons ranging from wild lifestyle(ronaldinho),domestic troubles(mario jardel),depression(super deissler) e.t.c
torres is not the first player to lose form and its possible he may never get it back.fowler lost his great form at 27 and NEVER got it back,Jardel lost his form at 29 NEVER got it back.torres slump is not only with Chelsea but wit Spain the world champions too! nobody can blame it all on these teams playin footie not Torres friendly, 1st of all they play different styles.PLUS nobody even a 50million buy is expensive enuf to want d team to play ONLY as he wants! football is a team sport n there r oda strikers on d team,wt if he gets injured for 3-6 months d team starts to learn anoda style? d fans r nt even askin him to score goals like bobby tambling for now, just b as prolific as helguson or shane long or stephen fletcher for starters! THEN Torres can demand for d team to b built around him.buying a player already on d downslope for 50million was foolishness, building a team around d same player who is now imploding
would b MADNESS
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by PoDeep(m): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^
Simple!
Cant believe this is even up for debate. Its simple! The kid's form is gone. He still has the technique and the intelligence ( I think), implementing it physically has now become the problem. Simple!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 1:34am On Jan 20, 2012
[size=28pt]Fernando Torres, Andy Carroll and the 10 worst January transfer window signings by Premier League clubs[/size]

Chelsea broke the bank to sign Fernando Torres on a dramatic deadline day in January 2011 in an attempt to keep its aim to retain the Premier League title alive.

But the Spain international could not replicate the performances that had looked set to make him a Liverpool legend upon his arrival at Stamford Bridge, scoring just once in 18 appearances last season.

Torres has since added a further four strikes and a red card in 23 games, and while the jury is still out on whether or not the striker can turn his Chelsea career around, Roman Abramovich has not received the immediate return on his outlay he would undoubtedly have expected

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/01/18/2853241/fernando-torres-andy-carroll-and-the-10-worst-january
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2012
Shior coogar!!!! Which kind undying support abi na affection u get for FT. Please permit me to emphatically state dat we all including DK want to see Torres succeed. Dat said coogar,FT na once upon a time gud,fantastic or best striker burr @ present;Na shitty striker for 50mil. Any orda stats or gist bros na story land. shekina!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 20, 2012
coogar:

Oh, really?
You'll say anything for argument sake abi?

Chelsea made a mistake and bought a relic.
He was once good, that was then, this is now. Torres is finished.

ritchboy:

^^^^ Vermaelen scored EIGHT goals in his debut season!
cheesy
This season, he has a better goal-ratio than Torres! grin grin grin

Terry already has 4 goals this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2012
Keep Hatin' El Nino For all You Care Hommies -- He's Still United's Overrated Cart-house Vidic'c Nightmare cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2012
I hope he scores tomorrow. I really do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Some Big games coming up!. . And our play is still mediocre!. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.