Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,214 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:46 AM

666 Are We This Close? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 666 Are We This Close? (20194 Views)

666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / 666 For Whole World starting from march 23, 2013! / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 666 Are We This Close? by dumi(f): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
grin GUY COOLSTUFF4REAL,which church u dey go?that was cool, make all dis our men 4 nairaland repent.BUT THE THIN WEY DEY BE SAY NA ONLY OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST KNOW.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by dumi(f): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2007
;dna only god know
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ dumi,
na who you dey ask? Again which God or god? I no understand
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
If na me you dey ask. I be a Catholic - staunch one
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by seeu(m): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2007
Ebos, This is Lecture time - wow, just free
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by raham4real(m): 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2007
coolstuff4real
I commend ur effort on this topic truly we are @ the edge of time, thats y as christians its r responsibilities to spread the good news where ever we find ourselves we must spread the good news. all those who want to change the truth to their taste its up to them.
because the Bible clearly states it in Matt 24.
My prayer is that God Should help us redeem the time.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by redsun(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ebos,are you a lebanese,or a nigerian in lebanon,if so what are you doing there,are you a un peace keeper or a missionary?Meanwhile,i will leave you to your faith,it makes sense to you,but don't forget nothing is infallible.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2007
@redsun

I'm a Nigerian from Umuahia in Abia State. Full Nigerian, and I often go to Umuahia, Port Harcourt and Lagos. Right now, I'm in Lagos and September will be in Umuahia and Port Harcourt.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 8:39am On Jul 31, 2007
I know nothing is infallible, but by the grace of God some certain things are infallible especially when it comes to the interpretation of the faith which is binding on Christian faithful, Catholic (Pope) cannot err on this.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2007
WHY DO WE READ THE BIBLE?

i) IT IS THE WORD OF GOD: The entrance of God's word gives light. It gives understanding to the simple. The word of God is eatable. You can eat it (i.e. make it your own) so that it shall become the rejoicing of your soul. We eat God’s word by meditating on them. When we read the Bible, we hear god talking. Hearing His words helps us to build our faith. So, faith is for warfare and light is for dominion. When we hear God’s word and allow it to enter into us, it gives light that helps us to master darkness. The Holy Spirit releases and sustains joy in our life by helping us to make deep discoveries in the word of God, which keep us rejoicing all the time. Our eyes are opened to the things that are freely ours in Christ Jesus, so that we overlook our present condition but keep rejoicing over what is set before us.

ii) TO BE WELL GUIDED IN LIFE: Through reading the Bible, we are able to know what God wants us to do. We also read about other people’s mistakes, and learn to follow the path of successful people so that we shall ourselves be successful. We keep balanced in our approach to the things of life. Though, I know I can be radical or even rascal at times, that is human.

iii) TO RECEIVE INSIGHT: We receive insight through the receiving of the Holy Spirit, we shall have great insight into the things of God – which in other words is called ‘Revelation’. So, Revelation is nothing but the unfolding of God’s plan to His people, which includes God’s intention to reward those who obey Him. Even, I know at times become I disobey God by following my own plans which may not be God’s plan for me.

iv) FOR WISDOM: Yes, we read wise books to become wise, even as you associate with wise people to become wise and the other way round. So, the word of God is full of wisdom, then wisdom means to know God’s wish in an issue and to walk in that line. With wisdom, we take possession of the keys that operate the issues of life and with wisdom we understand the right thing to do and at the right time.

v) FOR KNOWLEDGE, POWER AND GOD’S ACCEPTANCE: Yes, knowledge is power, it then means that we read bible for power, so, you can finish the explanation.

HAVING LISTENED TO THAT, I MAY ASK, DOES THE BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF? This question is necessary because of various interpretations and attacks coming from all angles, yet we are all Christians. What is written in the Bible if the word of God and it does not contradict itself. One understands according to the degree of light or knowledge available to him or her. While some understands God’s intention but goes ahead to interpret the Bible to soothe him just for deception or greed. So, the point I’m making finally is that most people have gone the way of Balaam just because of greed, and this cannot help anyone, instead they that deceive because of their ill motives knows the truth but cannot let the deceived see the truth. I’m always pointing my church, because nobody can rise tomorrow to claim he was the founder – I mean Catholic Church. We know the founders are the Apostles. I also know that this cannot be said of any other church(s). We know their founders and most of the time, their families succeeds them after deaths. Then, who is deceiving who? I know why I'm interested to do this work here.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2007
Still on it, there is no conflict in God's words as I said earlier. He (God) watches over His words. But we contradict our faith through our understanding and interpretations of the bible. Know this, the scriptures cannot be annulled (John 10 vs 35). The bible does not contradict itself, but it is in dialectical tension with itself. Some ministers only quote some bible portions and interpret them to support their points (greed), and in many cases they understand it literally. So, no word of God can be disapproved. To understand a passage, consideration should be given to both the literary sense and the spiritual sense. These two senses must balance to give a full meaning. So, we have to reason out the correct meaning and build our faith on truth and around truth. That is, where reason stops, faith must continue to lead us. In this way, we will be able to know who has the truth and be able to separate the true church from the deceptive ones.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by redsun(m): 6:15am On Aug 01, 2007
@ebos,don't forget the present pope was a nazi,once a nazi,always a nazi,How come you've never had a black pope,if you all are the same?
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by IDINRETE: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2007
redsun:

@ebos,don't forget the present pope was a nazi,once a nazi,always a nazi,How come you've never had a black pope,if you all are the same?

they have had 3 popes of African Origin, only Gelatius was his African origin in doubt
Pope Victor I (189 to 199)
Pope Miltiades (310/311 to 314)
Pope Gelasius I (492 to 496)
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2007
@redsun
Yea, Benedict not only Nazi but was actively involved in the war, but that is the nature of war and don’t ask me why he fought. Do you know what, he was such a different man in that unfortunate war? He was ordained a priest a year or two before the war, and a woman (non German) testified when Benedict (then Ratzinger) became Pope that she was kept under Benedict, and this present Pope then a soldier and a priest took good care of her. There were many rapes and atrocities committed by Nazi (German) soldiers but Benedict was entirely different. No woman under his care was raped. Had the man misbehaved, this woman and other women who were under his care would have ridiculed him and the Catholic Church. As a black guy, I believe we have not been cheated in the choice for Pope. I know of Cardinal Francis Arinze of Nigeria was the third to Pope, but he was not cheated, he said, he knew that he would not succeed Late John Paul II, that God had chosen whom He wants. And I so much believed him. No cord attach to it. He may not even be a Pope in his life, who knows? Anyway, Arinze has tried his best and he has much task facing him and he is only interested in those tasks. His task is to ensure peace, oneness and understanding among all our separated brethren (Protestants) – interdenominational task. That is much work.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by seeu(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2007
Ebos, as redsun said, Catholic makes sense to you. I want to add that, it is not only you, it also makes sense to me. I find everything in Catholic Church as complete and will die in Catholic. Some other churches are known for attacking Catholic Church but the truth is that Satan knows that getting Catholic out of the track will mean the gate of hell prevailing against the true church of God which I have no doubt that Catholic Church remain the best. As you said, I mean according to the bible, Christ prayed that His church will prevail against hell, it is in Catholic Church that Christ’s prayer for victory has come to stay and will continue to subdue hell. I'm a real bible man, I can quote very well. angry
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2007
What I know is that, antichrist is one or group of people that moves against Christ or His true Church in any form either to turn people away from the truth or whatever. Then which group of people or individuals may be referred to as the antichrist? Well, they may or may not be, I don’t know. Take this, in 1980s we used to see all these herbalists along the streets displaying charms, fake powers, I mean performing magic for people. These days you rarely see them again on the streets because they are not much patronized by people. So, man must whack becomes the new slogan for survival, they have now modernized and taken it to the churches performing miracles, no - the suitable words are magic, wonders and preaching riches etc. They tell you, wave your offering for God to see – but that is for them to see, and those with little to donate will be forced to donate their packets out due to humiliation. Paying tithes is much preached than salvation. The Pastors will packet everything, but nothing will be given to the Orphanage Homes or Charitable Homes. This is greed in a highest degree. Then, go to the Catholic Church, you hear of St Vincent De Paul – a society known for helping the poor in our midst, again, Daughters of Charity – going around in search of those in need, providing shelters for them. Our Rev. Sisters does much of this work with the help of the Catholic Church and its faithful who support them. There are other societies that do this kind of work in the Catholic Church. Not that type of preaching by most Pastors with “challenge God with this and that and see His work.” Who is to judge? God is to judge. Remember, I’m not saying that you guys should go to your Pastors and ask for all the money you have been donating because few of the Pastors are quite ok and must be supported. All I know is that, the miracle or the power, that elevates the few, is to be found in their teachings, applications, and firmness under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit. That is my word.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by adrianic: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Bobbyaf,i think there is more hope for a fool than for u.ur post is d dumbest i have seen in a very long time.ur reasons given for thinking(yes for dt is what it is)is stupid.u claim d church has turned d sabbath to sunday.y did d pentecostals and so many others follow suit.were they under d punishment of death.yes some priests may have been guilty of paedophilia and other sins,bt is it peculiar to d church.is d gay person ordained as an archbishop in america a catholic?are ur pastors saints.even a mad man sees how perverted most of the so called men of God do in order to decieve pple.u are better keeping ur premordial views to urself.i pity you.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by holythug(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2007
666, 419, 911 whatever, once u die , u own world as ended,so wats d point,its so precise dat 1 day ones life will end one way
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2007
adrianic:

@Bobbyaf[b],i think there is more hope for a fool than for u.your post is d dumbest i have seen in a very long time.your reasons given for thinking(yes for dt is what it is)is stupid.[/b]u claim d church has turned d sabbath to sunday.y did d pentecostals and so many others follow suit.were they under d punishment of death.yes some priests may have been guilty of paedophilia and other sins,bt is it peculiar to d church.is d gay person ordained as an archbishop in america a catholic?are your pastors saints.even a mad man sees how perverted most of the so called men of God do in order to decieve people.u are better keeping your premordial views to yourself.i pity you.

I second that bolded statement. They lack complete bible knowledge, yet they claim they read bible more than any other person. They are the likes that question Christ why he healed on the Sabbath day. If the Lord of the Sabbath had chosen Sunday, then I can't understand what they are complaining for. The day he breathed on His Apostles and said to them to received the Holy spirit (John 20:19-23) was on Sunday, the Communion Days i.e. breaking of bread (Acts 20:7) was on Sunday and it says ‘On the first day of the week when we met to break bread. Again, Resurrection Day (Matthew 28vs1-6) was on Sunday. Here this, “when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week…Jesus came and stood among them…, Read from (John 2-;1923). Take not the phrase “First day of the week” So there are many references in the bible to prove that Christ has chosen Sunday as a new day to worship God. This is why the bible says on the first day of the week. Can you dispute this fact from any New Testament portion of the bible?
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
Sorry, Is not John 2, but John 20 vs 19-23. Here this, “when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week…Jesus came and stood among them…,
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by Horus(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
In the latter days he shall appear in the flesh. His companion, the sign of the concealers of the truth.
2 Only to the eyes of the purified ones.
3 His mark will be in your right hand; the symbol of the evil one;
4 Six hundred and sixty and six. The number 666,
5 three stages of the number six. 666 A gift for the barterers with Azazl, rather than accepting the truth, the 613 commandments.
6 In reality the facts must be found only with the realization that there are no numbers in ancient Hebrew.
7 But rather the ten first letters, thus 6,6,6, is zaiyn, zaiyn, zaiyn simply Zionist, the Rothschilds.
8 Benjamin Disraeli,
9 Moses Montifiore,
10 Rabbi Kalisher of Thorn,
11 Moses Hess,
12 Karl Marx,
13 Arnold Ruge,
14 Jacob Venedy,
15 Frederick Lassalle,
16 Gabriel Risser,
17 Lord Reading Isaacs,
18 Herbert Samuel,
19 Asher Ginsberg,
20 Nathan Birnbaum,
21 Theodore Herd,
22 Mack Norday,
23 Chaim Weizman,
24 Nahum Sokolow,
25 Louis Brandeis,
26 Alfred Mond,
27 Samuel Untermeyer,
28 Leon Blum,
29 Albert Einstein,
30 Helen Blavatsky,
31 Adam Weishaupt,
32 Martinez Pasqualy,
33 George Felt,
34 Albert Pike,
35 Adolph Hitler,
36 king Saud,
37 Richard S. Nixon,
38 30 in all and their many sons, daughters and devotees. Zion, zion, zion. Ze-iyon, the nucleus of light and fire."
39 He, Azazl, led into ignorance those that dwell on the planet Earth by way of his signs, which he, anti-christ does right in front of the beast.
40 He had power to give spirit to the image of the beast.
41 And that the image of the beast should both speak as many of the people who would not worship the beast would be killed.
42 The beast caused all nations of people,
44 Both big and small, rich and poor, free and enslaved, to get a stamp in their right hand, or in the space between their eyes.
45 So that no one would be able to buy or sell except those that had the stamp or the name of the living beast. Or the number 6,6,6, of his name.
46 Here is true wisdom, so let him that has a good mind count the number of the living beast.
47 For it is the number of a human being and his number is 666."
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by seeu(m): 8:56am On Aug 09, 2007
Una sure say babeearly and bobbyaf never find there ways out this planet? Or the nemesis of there ignorants and attacks have now worked against them. E fit dey possible say nemesis don catch dem as them dey talk nonsense.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2007
Chief Seeu, Hum, nemesis? Me I no buy dis idea. We fit quarrel, disagree to agree but dat one no mean say we be enemies or say nemesis don catch the person because of his unawareness. If babeearly yab you, then yabam back with facts to change his viewpoint, but no take am as enemy. Una fit quarrel or disagree for dis thread, then agree for another thread. Na so life be. Whether dem don commit babeearly and co to mother earth, haba, I no pray for that one. My prayer be say make him dey hale and hearty. How you go talk like dat self? Do you know if babeearly or bobbyaf was that your good friend in your school days whom you have lost contact with and now praying to see him one day? Do you know the person wey you quarrel on dis forum may be that stranger you once said in the past thank you for your kindness? He may be a good neighbour behind your street or even your town guy. Why now nemesis and leaving the planet (committing to mother earth)?. I no dey for dis one.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by pilgrim1(f): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2007
@ebos,

While there are a few enlightening things I read in your earlier post on images and imageries, I'd rather we don't use your persuasion to accommodate idolatory in God's House.

Second, the assumption that the Pope is "infallible" is quite unfortunate - for we know that there are many fallible things that Catholic Popes have uttered that have no bearing in God's Word.

- - - -

In any case, if anyone is still wondering about 666, at least we know that the stage is set now and all the various expressions we have seen so far are mere precursory to the main event.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by fables(f): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ ebos
I commend for your posts. Though, I’m not a Catholic but there are many clarifications about my thought for Catholic Church. That’s good lol. However, don’t tell me Catholic is as good as you have defended it, they still have there own faults. You have described all the bad side of the Pastors without stating the bad side of the Catholic Priests. We know your priests are not married but some of them don’t allow the young girls to have rest. I’m sure you may be one of the Priests or at least so close to them either in education.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by seeu(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2007
@ebos
I hope we are fighting for the same cause? Two of are pursuing ghost, and now you said my head is smelling ghost. This babeearly’s views can deceive the easy ones. I don’t need to follow him with soft mind. Following his views, I will rather prefer a tougher word to nemesis. Ebos, you should forget babeearly, he’s a clown.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2007
@Pilgrim1

I can’t understand what you meant by “you don’t use my persuasion to accommodate idolatry in God’s house.” If you follow my posts, you will understand that both of us are of the opinion that idolatry is one of the gravest sins. I am only trying to put it clear to some people who condemns what they have no idea, such as Imageries, Images and Sacramental. God can still manifest His Powers and Spirit in them, and there is wide difference between Images use for idolatry and Images that increases understanding about the Living God. As for Pope being infallible, I don’t mean Pope is perfect in Engineering, Sports etc. What I mean by Pope’s infallibility is based, acting as a Shepherd and the Teacher of all Christians, he defines a doctrine concerning faith and morals that must be held by all Catholic (Christian) faithful. This he does after long consultations with the Cardinals. However, I thank God that you could not point out a single thing Pope had uttered that were contrary to the word of God. So, I believe there are none until they are pointed out.

Now Fables, you mentioned about some Catholic Priests going after girls, well, a few of them misbehave but you must provide evidence. I know they are human beings with feelings and I can’t tell you they are without sins. But know that most of the Pastors even with their wives around them are prone to unfaithfulness. Let me put it clear now, I am NOT A PRIEST. My set was ordained within 2002, but I refused to go ahead in 1997 and that’s when I was in the senior seminary (personal decision). So, I live a normal life like every other person. Don’t bring the issue of being a Priest again.

seeu:

@ebos
I hope we are fighting for the same cause? Two of are pursuing ghost, and now you said my head is smelling ghost. This babeearly’s views can deceive the easy ones. I don’t need to follow him with soft mind. Following his views, I will rather prefer a tougher word to nemesis. Ebos, you should forget babeearly, he’s a clown.

@Seeu, grin, I don’t think your head is smelling ghost. Though, I understand your point but I believe another enhanced word should be preferred to nemesis. As I said earlier, babeearly, could be activating his keyboard just opposite your building. Nemesis should not be used against somebody simply because your opinion varies from his or her.
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by pilgrim1(f): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2007
Hi ebos,

ebos:

I can’t understand what you meant by “you don’t use my persuasion to accommodate idolatry in God’s house.” If you follow my posts, you will understand that both of us are of the opinion that idolatry is one of the gravest sins. I am only trying to put it clear to some people who condemns what they have no idea, such as Imageries, Images and Sacramental. God can still manifest His Powers and Spirit in them, and there is wide difference between Images use for idolatry and Images that increases understanding about the Living God.

My persuasion is that Catholics have a fine way of arguing elements for their traditions, but unfortunately have no convincing declarations for those traditions. I have several questions, some of which include: (a) did God actually ask that Catholics make images for Christian worship? (b) what instructions are there in God's WORD that establish the Catholic tradition of images in Christian worship?

There is a fundamental reason for the references you may have assumed in the OT worship of the Jews. However, it would be interesting to read what you might have to say on these concerns.

ebos:

As for Pope being infallible, I don’t mean Pope is perfect in Engineering, Sports etc. What I mean by Pope’s infallibility is based, acting as a Shepherd and the Teacher of all Christians, he defines a doctrine concerning faith and morals that must be held by all Catholic (Christian) faithful. This he does after long consultations with the Cardinals.

I certainly wasn't referring to infallibility is Engineering, Sports, etc. . . whatever gave you that idea? Lol. grin However, it is presumptious to assert that the Pope is infallible in defining doctrine concerning the FAITH and morals of all Catholic "(Christian)" faithful. If you meant rather that it was only to Catholics as regards CATHOLICISM, I would have nothing to call your attention to; but to make it sound like the Pope is infallible in CHRISTIAN doctrines is quite another thing.

ebos:

However, I thank God that you could not point out a single thing Pope had uttered that were contrary to the word of God. So, I believe there are none until they are pointed out.

I didn't try to point out anything because I don't rush matters. That does not mean at all that we can't find several of them - and they have been discussed in other threads, where Catholics have not soundly defended the questions offered in them. Again, we may have to consider which Popes in particular you might have in mind.

ebos:

Now Fables, you mentioned about some Catholic Priests going after girls, well, a few of them misbehave but you must provide evidence.

Excuse me? Lol. . . you must be kidding, right? You sound as though you want to deny the misdeeds of Catholic priests while acknowledging them in the same breath! grin Of course, there are loads of evidence for such, and some of them have become big media news. NO?

ebos:

I know they are human beings with feelings and I can’t tell you they are without sins. But know that most of the Pastors even with their wives around them are prone to unfaithfulness. Let me put it clear now, I am NOT A PRIEST. My set was ordained within 2002, but I refused to go ahead in 1997 and that’s when I was in the senior seminary (personal decision). So, I live a normal life like every other person. Don’t bring the issue of being a Priest again.

Oh c'mon! Lol. . cheesy You take pleasure in quickly highlighting the "unfaithfulness" of 'most of the Pastors', but you feel quite uncomfortable about having to read about "unfaithness" of MOST Catholic priests? Hehe. . ebos, let's just be adults here, eh? Skewed discussions belond to the past - and we have to live in the present with all things considered: this is NOW! grin
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Pilgrim 1
Listen, you can’t follow the word of God in part, whole must be involved because nature itself is one connected whole and not part. As I said earlier about these traditions which our separated brethren (Protestants) have refused to accept, and this is where we always have problem with them. Jesus Christ and His Apostles handed these Traditions to their successors to be fully followed. Get it again, brethren stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word (orally) or our epistle (written) (II Thessalonians 2 vs 15). So, what are these traditions? People saw these traditions and have been passing them from generation to generation. Now, somebody came yesterday and established his own church only to argue what he has no idea simply because he cannot see it in the bible, and has refused to ask for explanation or interpretation of the bible. Still on the Images, I think I have given references in the bible about Images. Now, you are asking if God instructed Catholics to make Images. To me, I understand you really want me to show you a specific instruction from God in the bible. Those specific instructions have been pointed out in my earlier posts – Covenant Box, Brazen Serpent. These instructions came from God directly. Again, we read bible and follow it base on the references in it. I know Jesus at a particular point compared himself with the brazen serpent in the Old Testament. Jesus said “just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the son of man be lifted up” (John 3:14). “When I am lifted up from the earth I will draw all people to myself: (John 12 : 32) Verse 33 stated that Christ said this to indicate the kind of death he was to die (i.e. death on the cross). It is on the cross that lifted up Jesus. You can see that people are not kneeling for the wood (Images). They are brought to the mood of humbling themselves before Christ through whom they receive life as symbolized by the brazen serpent of old.

Again, Pope’s infallibility as he defines a doctrine concerning faith and morals that must be held by all Christian faithful. Yes, I said Christians and not only Catholics because Pope is the Successor of St Peter whom Christ Made the visible head of His Church on earth. Christ Church is united under one head. Who is the head? The fact that some people have failed to believe this does not rule out Pope as the Head of the Christian faithful. There is no way Christ Church will be without a leader on earth. It’s not possible. So, Pope is the head of the Christian faith. However, you can talk about the unfaithfulness of some Catholic Priests but don’t use “most” because the word “most” should be properly referred to the Pastors. grin They are known for this. grin
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by Ndipe(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2007
One question to you, Ebos. Catholics believe that St. Peter was the first pope of the Catholic Church. Moreso, Popes are not required to marry, but Peter was married, according to the Bible. How can you reconcile Peter's marriage, as written in the Holy Bible to your rules that Popes are required to be celibate?
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by pilgrim1(f): 2:36am On Aug 14, 2007
In addition to your question Ndipe, I'd like our dear ebos to carefully consider his assumptions in the light of Scripture, rather than Catholic traditions.

ebos:

@Pilgrim 1
Listen, you can’t follow the word of God in part, whole must be involved because nature itself is one connected whole and not part.

I don't remember asking questions about "nature"; so I'd simply be glad you focus on the "WHOLE" as given in Scripture.

ebos:

As I said earlier about these traditions which our separated brethren (Protestants) have refused to accept, and this is where we always have problem with them. Jesus Christ and His Apostles handed these Traditions to their successors to be fully followed. Get it again, brethren stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word (orally) or our epistle (written) (II Thessalonians 2 vs 15). So, what are these traditions? People saw these traditions and have been passing them from generation to generation.

Would you be kind enough to show us where the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles passed on any traditions of making images for Catholic worship?

The texts you referenced has nothing to do with such images as you might suppose. If you take them away from their contexts, you fall away from the "WHOLE"; for indeed, Jesus Himself was quite averse to "the tradition of the elders" which people had devised for themselves contrary to what God had stated (Matt. 15:2-3).

So when you come pouting "traditions" by quoting II Thes. 2:15, it is only imperative that we ask if that text was advancing the Catholic practice of images for worship. Could you please show just one example where Paul was asking the Thessalonians to mold such images for worship?

ebos:

Now, somebody came yesterday and established his own church only to argue what he has no idea simply because he cannot see it in the bible, and has refused to ask for explanation or interpretation of the bible.

Now we're asking you to provide such texts as clearly enunciate such practices that you cannot find in the WORD of God.

ebos:

Still on the Images, I think I have given references in the bible about Images. Now, you are asking if God instructed Catholics to make Images. To me, I understand you really want me to show you a specific instruction from God in the bible. Those specific instructions have been pointed out in my earlier posts – Covenant Box, Brazen Serpent. These instructions came from God directly.

Specifications were given the Jews for those issues. Now, unless you want to apply them to Catholic worship, may I also ask where Catholics derive their specifications to do likewise? Where are the Covenant Box and Brazen Serpent that are supposedly "instructed" by God unto the Catholic Church?

Second, have you ever wondered if the Brazen Serpent was part of the Jewish WORSHIP? How did that help the Jews worship God more devotedly? What happened afterwards to the Brazen Serpent - did you care to find out (II Kings 18:4)?

ebos:

Again, we read bible and follow it base on the references in it.

That is why I'm asking you to please show me if God specifically INSTRUCTED the Catholic Church to set up the Brazen Serpent for worship! Do you carefully consider what you write before posting? Where did God instruct the Jews to use the Brazen Serpent for WORSHIP?

Of course, you also mentioned the Covenant Box. The same question applies - and when you go through what you might have supposed, perhaps it would become clear to you that the Catholic Church has no grounds to use such for CHRISTIAN worship where they received no such INSTRUCTION from God to do so. If otherwise, then please show me in clear terms why God instructed Catholics to do the same.

ebos:

I know Jesus at a particular point compared himself with the brazen serpent in the Old Testament. Jesus said “just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the son of man be lifted up” (John 3:14). “When I am lifted up from the earth I will draw all people to myself: (John 12 : 32) Verse 33 stated that Christ said this to indicate the kind of death he was to die (i.e. death on the cross). It is on the cross that lifted up Jesus. You can see that people are not kneeling for the wood (Images). They are brought to the mood of humbling themselves before Christ through whom they receive life as symbolized by the brazen serpent of old.

And where did Christ ask anyone to make images of the Cross to humble themselves?

ebos:

Again, Pope’s infallibility as he defines a doctrine concerning faith and morals that must be held by all Christian faithful. Yes, I said Christians and not only Catholics because Pope is the Successor of St Peter whom Christ Made the visible head of His Church on earth. Christ Church is united under one head. Who is the head? The fact that some people have failed to believe this does not rule out Pope as the Head of the Christian faithful.

My dear friend, I have news for the Pope: NOT ONE VERSE IN THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT PETER WAS HEAD OF THE CHURCH!

Incase you haven't found out who the HEAD of the Church is, then I urge you to lay down your Catholic pamphlets for a moment and discover the answer in the WORD of God (Ephesians 1:22 and 5:23).

ebos:

There is no way Christ Church will be without a leader on earth. It’s not possible.

The leaders are several at any given time, and you can read who those leaders are in 1 Corinthians 12:28. There is NO MENTION of ANY Pope among those whom GOD Himself set as leaders in the Church.

ebos:

So, Pope is the head of the Christian faith.

Not taught in the WORD of God.

ebos:

However, you can talk about the unfaithfulness of some Catholic Priests but don’t use “most” because the word “most” should be properly referred to the Pastors. grin They are known for this.

I take that as a joke. We don't have to do a serious search to easily find out multiplied cases of the unfaithfulness of MOST Catholic Priests. undecided
Re: 666 Are We This Close? by ebos(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
@ Ndipe:

Now I can take my bible: Listen, in so far as Jesus regards the institution of marriage as a great calling, so also he regards Celibacy for the sake of the Kingdom as a great calling. Hear Jesus “not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made Eunuchs by others and there are Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matt 19:11-12) Along the same vein, St. Paul the Apostle who did not marry says: “I wish that all were as myself am. But each has a particular gift from God, one having one kind and another a different kind.” (1 Cor. 7:7). Now, we all know that St. Peter married but as things progressed Catholic now made a change and adopted the teaching of Jesus Christ to enable the Priests devote their time for Kingdom Service. So, it was just a constructive change to serve God better. I believe the change does not rule out St. Peter as first Pope. Note, the word Pope simply means a Shepherd, Leader, Bishop etc. So, nobody can argue this simple truuth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? / Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense / 2018 Full Prophetic prophecies and prayer point needed By GO MFM Dr D.K OLUKOYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.