Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,498 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1673124 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:59pm
benji93:
Now this is good. Good counter. That's how it's done. However, this man averaged 2.8 points per game in 7.9 minutes. Not comparable at all. I would ignore that too. Your guy averaged 4.8 points despite averaging almost 20 minutes.

If stats is your argument then that is just BS. You know who averaged 5.2 pts in his one college season with over 20 mpg?, Derrick Lively, and he was drafted number 12. So college stats, especially from the 1st college year, are not exactly useful for guys projected to be role players.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:07pm
This is a typical Le '4-6' fan argument . I hope you are not. You elected to omit that Lively was 7'1 and averaged 2.4 blocks per game. That's a very important start for drafting a center. Or are u new to the NBA? You can certainly do better. Go to your WhatsApp group and find me better examples pls. cheesy grin
Khanben:

If stats is your argument then that is just BS. You know who averaged 5.2 pts in his one college season with over 20 mpg?, Derrick Lively, and he was drafted number 12. So college stats, especially from the 1st college year, are not exactly useful for guys projected to be role players.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:00pm
benji93:
Now this is good. Good counter. That's how it's done. However, this man averaged 2.8 points per game in 7.9 minutes. Not comparable at all. I would ignore that too. Your guy averaged 4.8 points despite averaging almost 20 minutes.

In 8 mins. Even more hilarious grin Who drafts a player who played 7 mins a game in college at 23?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:04pm
benji93:
This is a typical Le '4-6' fan argument . I hope you are not. You elected to omit that Lively was 7'1 and averaged 2.4 blocks per game. That's a very important start for drafting a center. Or are u new to the NBA? You can certainly do better. Go to your WhatsApp group and find me better examples pls. cheesy grin

So did Derek Lively carry that blocking prowess into the NBA? Is rim protection what he is known for in the NBA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.