Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,127 members, 7,900,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1685964 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (2268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2018
Mehn..we should have made a trade..even if its one defensive minded player...Without Russ or P.G,we will not be able to hold up.Glaringly showed in the Lakers game... embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2018
Wait ooo. I bin think say na joke but it's serious...

Some people actually think Klay Thompson plays on Paul George's level just because he has "best record in NBA" award...

Ha! Time to do like Devdansanguine/Ersan/other monikers and go for anger management class grin grin

Jonga, I'm dead... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2018
Lmao.

1. Klay Thompson isn't on Paul George's level this season.
2. If you were saying you'll bet OKC will beat the Warriors in a 7 game series, I hope you're swallowing your vomit seeing the Lakers beat this same OKC twice, the second time with a bench squad. Initial gra gra for regular season has little correlation with the post seaso.

If not, in the playoffs it's Lakers > OKC > Warriors and that don't make sense (Are the Lakers even making the playoffs?).. Nuff said.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Lmao.

Phew

2. If you were saying you'll bet OKC will beat the Warriors in a 7 game series, I hope you're swallowing your vomit seeing the Lakers beat this same OKC twice, the second time with a bench squad. Initial gra gra for regular season has little correlation with the post seaso.

Warriors is still the team to beat...

However, their threats still remain a healthy OKC and Rockets. Lakers trashing Thunder has no bearing in the playoffs. Lakers bested Rockets on the road, they've blown out your Warriors in previous seasons and still didn't make playoffs. Jazz that won't make playoffs trashed Warriors; Nuggets are 2-1 against Warriors this season, will you also say they're going to get the championship?

The fact remains the teams likely to make it to the NBA Finals are Warriors, Rockets and Thunder in that order if healthy

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Lonzo is our starting point guard,that's not changing-Magic Johnson

Loooooooool....Decale getting a partial stroke the moment he sees this. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
VivaLaByke:
Lonzo is our starting point guard,that's not changing-Magic Johnson

Loooooooool....Decale getting a partial stroke the moment he sees this. grin

Walton wants to start both, as it should be...
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Didn't even watch the game after 1st quarter cos business called.. A game vs Mavs wouldn't change anything for us, our bench or whatever.. The guys literally have no zeal to compete. It's like playing GTA with cheat codes, you'll hardly complete the mission cos there's distractions everywhere. Our bench can't space the floor and Curry is not being aggressive.. The guys need to turn it up and I think a losing streak or a long break would help the morale.. I shocked Bob Myers didn't make any moves.

And these guys like to talk just to mark attendance or look smart.. This OKC went on 4 game Losing Streak with all star Paul George before beating us, the same OKC a Nigga will bet his money to beat the Warriors in playoffs but they just got outplayed and beaten by Lakers bench without Lonzo by 25pts. At this stage, going by the logic, the Lakers would win the championship.. I'm schleeep AF grin

Fair to Curry, 3rd quarter he got aggressive and was largely the reason him and KD barely played the 4th at all. My only problem is MAVS had to miss a ton of shots for GSW to get back in their groove which is a courtesy better teams will not grant us. Mavs were up by 10 in the first quarter. It was so annoying.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Lmao.

If not, in the playoffs it's Lakers > OKC > Warriors and that don't make sense (Are the Lakers even making the playoffs?).. Nuff said.

You are a better person than I am.

If only 1 all star was needed this season James Harden will most likely be that guy (considering he is on course to winning the MVP). Therefore every other player (Curry included) is "not on his level". Who makes stupid arguments like that? Or because Harden has made more 3s than Curry this season therefore Curry is not on his level in shooting 3points this season.

If it were the fans who got him there, that would have been the talk. That the fans don't know basketball. Oya argue with the NBA coaches who voted Klay over PG.

The fact is every member of GSW dropped drastically KD included (bone his scoring numbers). He was turning the ball over more than Curry. Shaun L and Iggy feel like we were scammed post season of last year with the contracts they got. Zaza has been as unathletic and clumsy. McCaw regressed badly and Klay was part of the whole fiasco. Only D West has justified his place on the team in the stretch of games in January leading into this month. So if all GSW players don't deserve to be on the All Star team because of January let the people campaigning continue.

Russell has used triple double to win MVP. Now him and James are basically still doing the same things they did last season but all of a sudden, James with arguably the better roster now deserves it. Even when "better" roster was part of what disqualified him last season. We dey here na. Superfragelisticespialidocious PG abi. Ok.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
Eruditor:

You are a better person than I am.

In this context, he is...

If only 1 all star was needed this season James Harden will most likely be that guy (considering he is on course to winning the MVP). Therefore every other player (Curry included) is "not on his level".

Precisely.

If it were the fans who got him there, that would have been the talk. That the fans don't know basketball. Oya argue with the NBA coaches who voted Klay over PG.

Argue with coaches?

No be coaches select Sczerbiak

No be coaches select Korver, Jeff Teague,

Iguodala in 2012, Jameer Nelson and plenty others all cos of team record ooo.

Hin say argue with coaches grin

The fact is every member of GSW dropped drastically KD included (bone his scoring numbers). He was turning the ball over more than Curry. Shaun L and Iggy feel like we were scammed post season of last year with the contracts they got. Zaza has been as unathletic and clumsy. McCaw regressed badly and Klay was part of the whole fiasco. Only D West has justified his place on the team in the stretch of games in January leading into this month. So if all GSW players don't deserve to be on the All Star team because of January let the people campaigning continue.

What's all this gibberish?

How's that awa business on who's better between PG13 and Klay? sad

Who makes stupid arguments like that? Or because Harden has made more 3s than Curry this season therefore Curry is not on his level in shooting 3points this season.

How's this one too awa business?

Please, sort the 3 point issue with Harden and Curry

Russell has used triple double to win MVP. Now him and James are basically still doing the same things they did last season but all of a sudden, James with arguably the better roster now deserves it. Even when "better" roster was part of what disqualified him last season. We dey here na. Superfragelisticespialidocious PG abi. Ok.

Na wa oooo

We're arguing who's better this season. PG13 or Thompson ooooo

Any small argument, you insert one salty, off topic comment. Today na WB as usual and James. Tomorrow, we'll start seeing Kylie Jenner

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Here, it's hurting the Klay Thompson in this argument and one could make a case that Thompson would average equal to Paul George if he was also a 1st/2nd scoring option if he wasn't on a star studded team (word is "could make a case".). The conversation isn't too far off.
If left to fans, Klay making that list would be the least of problem. Guys like Lonzo and Kuzma would be up there. So I'd rather the coaches picked and they manage to do well. BTW, there were 29 other coaches who voted Klay which speaks volume and the 4 Warriors making the list only adds to the controve only

The Klay Thompson making the list ahead of Pg13 isn't a big deal to me. PG isn't like miles ahead to create this much Covfefe abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Decale:

Argue with coaches?

No be coaches select Sczerbiak

No be coaches select Korver, Jeff Teague,

Iguodala in 2012, Jameer Nelson and plenty others all cos of team record ooo.

Hin say argue with coaches grin

You see, you try to employ analogies too to drive your points. Here, your argument is that if coaches made a "mistake" in these selections in the past then they could have done same with Klay and Paul right? Let us put your reasoning to the test.

Coaches factored: 1. Winning record 2. Individual Contributions within the considered period (Oct-Dec)

Klay wins hands down in point number one so let us examine point number 2.

Klay played (8 ) games in October and averaged 21ppg. (14) games in November averaged 19.79ppg. (15) games in December and averaged 21.4ppg. AS THE THIRD SCORER in the team with the winningest record. In that same period Paul George: (7) in October and averaged 19.57ppg (13) in November and averaged 21ppg and (14) games in December and averaged 20.7ppg. AS THE SECOND SCORER in a sub600 team.

Fvck are you talking about? Klay's record is marginally better which can be expanded when we consider his team won many games that made his coach rest him (a 3rd freaking scoring option) as against some people who played most of the 4th quarter in a game they led by 20. Miss me again with coaches selected bla bla.

What's all this gibberish?

How's that awa business on who's better between PG13 and Klay? sad

Opinions over statistics of course. Which is why I told you repeatedly that Paul will not have a great January and become an immediate all-star because of it. Has Klay been inconsistent? Yes. But so has Paul. It is absolute fraud to use his February form to justify a decision made primarily in December. Paul that has produced (2) TWO points in a whole game this very season.

How's this one too awa business?

Please, sort the 3 point issue with Harden and Curry

This is an analogy like what you tried to do with coaches. Harden will not use Oct- Feb to become a better 3pt shooter than Curry the way recency-biasists have made Klay a fraud and Paul George the best thing since sliced bread.

Na wa oooo

We're arguing who's better this season. PG13 or Thompson ooooo

No, the argument was who was more deserving of the all-star spot. So the reference point should be between Oct-Dec which I belaboured inexorably. Only a fool will say Klay's having a better season than Paul but it will take a bigger fool to ignore the time frame when the all-star team was selected to now present hindsight wisdom as justification for their choice. It is disingenuous.

small argument, you insert one salty, off topic comment. Today na WB as usual and James. Tomorrow, we'll start seeing Kylie Jenner

Niggas see me like, "What up, Killa?"
Man, please stop bringin' up my past
I'd really love to leave that behind

grin grin

7 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

You know what? I like this bet.
Lemme guess. Because of the trade?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
Fam. Danny Ainge dodging bullets like Neo in Matrix. From IT to Markelle Fultz

You got to feel a bit bad for IT. It would be a miracle if he ever gets a max deal. This is why players should never be criticized for not being loyal. It's a business in the end
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:17am On Feb 10, 2018
Finally!!!!!! Kerr is saying something about what I have maintained from the start. Maybe because Bob Myers had enough but whatever it was, I think it is the right step,

“Just that it’s not a good look, and we need to look more professional, act more professional,” Kerr said, relaying Myers’ message to players. “We need to be more poised and represent our team in a better light. I don’t think we’ve been doing a good job of that lately.”

“I think we all need to do a much better job of staying poised,” Kerr said before Thursday night’s game against Dallas at Oracle Arena. “I don’t like the look of the constant complaining, myself included. I think we’ve got to get better with that.

“In general, with the technicals and our behavior, we’ve got to get more poised and take care of our own business, focus on our play and not anything else.”

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Steve-Kerr-on-Warriors-emotional-outbursts-12563505.php
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:23am On Feb 10, 2018
Btw da fuq are the Cavs trying to do with Kendrick Perkins? Is he coming in as an assistant coach or what?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 10, 2018
A40:
Btw da fuq are the Cavs trying to do with Kendrick Perkins? Is he coming in as an assistant coach or what?

I don't think thats true but if it is I'm guessing it's until they buy out Nerlens Noel.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 10, 2018
A40:
Lemme guess. Because of the trade?

What trade? I'm just a man of my words. I obviously never wanted out.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:17am On Feb 10, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

What trade? I'm just a man of my words. I obviously never wanted out.
Yet you spent almost two days begging. Last chance saloon. Are you in or out? We can still cancel the bet. Besides I'm not particularly hyped about anything that will not put greenbacks in my pocket but watching you wince and grovel was fun
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 10, 2018
A40:
Yet you spent almost two days begging. Last chance saloon. Are you in or out? We can still cancel the bet. Besides I'm not particularly hyped about anything that will not put greenbacks in my pocket but watching you wince and grovel was fun

Oooh hell no. I am 100% committed to this but I want you to remember, the terms go both ways. I would understand if you want out though.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53am On Feb 10, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Oooh hell no. I am 100% committed to this but I want you to remember, the terms go both ways. I would understand if you want out though.
Lmaooo are you smoking woolies? I'm and have always been down to the END. You're the one that was actively seeking a cop-out
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 10, 2018
A40:
Lmaooo are you smoking woolies? I'm and have always been down to the END. You're the one that was actively seeking a cop-out

I just wanted to make sure you understood what you're in for. Now that you've thrown down the gauntlet my reservations are gone.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:02am On Feb 10, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I just wanted to make sure you understood what you're in for. Now that you've thrown down the gauntlet my reservations are gone.
Make I hear word maifren.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:05am On Feb 10, 2018
I heard these Rockets still want to add Joe Johnson. Nna wahala dey oo! That thing KD been yarn about Capela. Anyway we wait till the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 10, 2018
Question for GSW fans here. Please go against your nature and try to be civilized with your answers. I am genuinely curious.

I've noticed some GSW fans when ranking NBA players usually put curry ahead of Durant. What's your opinion on this?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:57am On Feb 10, 2018
You will never win argument with the Warriors fans.

If WB used triple double to win MVP, then we can agree that Curry use jacking 3 points to win his as well.
Use what you have to get what u want.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2018
MitrikDenholm:
Question for GSW fans here. Please go against your nature and try to be civilized with your answers. I am genuinely curious.

I've noticed some GSW fans when ranking NBA players usually put curry ahead of Durant. What's your opinion on this?

Curry is god in Golden State. They don't believe there's anyone better than him including player from their team.
The thing is Curry is kinda the most important player considering how they play, but no way he's better than KD.

Lebron
KD
Kawhi
AD
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
Eruditor:
Coaches factored: 1. Winning record 2. Individual Contributions within the considered period (Oct-Dec)

Klay wins hands down in point number one so let us examine point number 2.

Klay played (8 ) games in October and averaged 21ppg. (14) games in November averaged 19.79ppg. (15) games in December and averaged 21.4ppg. AS THE THIRD SCORER in the team with the winningest record. In that same period Paul George: (7) in October and averaged 19.57ppg (13) in November and averaged 21ppg and (14) games in December and averaged 20.7ppg. AS THE SECOND SCORER in a sub600 team.

Fvck are you talking about? Klay's record is marginally better which can be expanded when we consider his team won many games that made his coach rest him (a 3rd freaking scoring option) as against some people who played most of the 4th quarter in a game they led by 20. Miss me again with coaches selected bla bla.

grin grin

Pure rubbish, unadulterated rubbish...

NBA Coaches selected the reserves on the 23rd of January. There were at least 8 games played in January before then? What October to December period are you talking about? You just did this ppg thing to make a role player seem good, didn't you? grin

Coaches select reserves 80% of the time using team record. Korver, Iguodala and million others say hi. All these your talk na rubbish. If they valued individuality more fairly, players like Lou Williams and Mccollum have better chances than Klay Thompson.

Now, listen señor: Prior to the selection of reserves by the coaches, PG13 had a 20.5ppg or so to Thompson's 20.1ppg. This seems to be the only form of stat you're holding on to as "individual contributions" and of course, you failed terribly grin

Let's expand and school you mate:

The defense first:
Defensive rebounds: 4.6>3.6 PG13
Steals: 2.2>0.7 PG13
Defensive Win shares: 2.9>1.3 PG13
Defensive box +/-: 0.8>-0.2 PG13

Offense:
Assists: 3.0>2.6 PG13
Offensive boards: 0.9>0.4 PG13
Offensive win shares: 3.6>2.9 PG13
Offensive box +/-: 2.5>2.1 PG13

We can still check the impact on team, right?

PER: PG13
PIE: PG13
VORP: Still PG13
Box +/- : PG13

You can do your "October to December" calculation and see what your Klay Thompson still had grin

The only thing Klay is apparently better is his team's offensive and defensive rating that Jordan Bell is toying the League with..

The guy say na ppg grin That's what coaches told you? Even if it were ppg solely and team record considered fairly, Dragic and Drummond wouldn't be scrubs to Lowry and Horford...

Next time, you bring up a stat to support Warriors' Kris Middleton, ensure he's better there. Miss me with the 3rd scoring efficient option that plays for the best thing in the League, mate wink

Sayonara...

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
Decale:

Pure rubbish, unadulterated rubbish...

NBA Coaches selected the reserves on the 23rd of January. There were at least 8 games played in January before then? What October to December period are you talking about? You just did this ppg thing to make a role player seem good, didn't you? grin

It is not by first to render the post rubbish. What you have above does not even make any sense. I said period of consideration was Oct-Dec. Not when the coaches sat or when the list was announced. LMAO.

Every player available for selection were already there long before Jan 23. In fact that was January 4th (it is online). So how many games were played by Jan 4? LOL. Which is why I kept telling you that January form for Lou and PG should not be justification for usurping Klay's spot.

Coaches select reserves 80% of the time using team record. Korver, Iguodala and million others say hi. All these your talk na rubbish. If they valued individuality more fairly, players like Lou Williams and Mccollum have better chances than Klay Thompson.

Sophistry again. I said team record was NUMBER ONE abi you no sabi count? Did I say individual contribution was the first condition? Then congratulations for comparing a 3rd scorer to numbers 1 and 2 in their respective teams.

Now, listen señor: Prior to the selection of reserves by the coaches, PG13 had a 20.5ppg or so to Thompson's 20.1ppg. This seems to be the only form of stat you're holding on to as "individual contributions" and of course, you failed terribly grin

It is not the only stat I am holding unto. It is the stat you tried to use 1. to justify your Lou and PG argument 2. To sustain your PG argument (after all, he has been blistering in February and most of January and Klay has not been). Even then, I told you that statistically those players were on par with PG shading it but he lost that margin by being number 2 on a team with a worse record than Klay who was number 3. It is as if you think saying "fail, rubbish" Insulates you from doing and posting same. grin

Let's expand and school you mate:

The defense first:
Defensive rebounds: 4.6>3.6 PG13
Steals: 2.2>0.7 PG13
Defensive Win shares: 2.9>1.3 PG13
Defensive box +/-: 0.8>-0.2 PG13

D.umb. Bring these stats during the period of consideration and leave with egg on your face. The margins were a lot smaller between the months that factored into the decision-making of the coaches.

Offense:
Assists: 3.0>2.6 PG13
Offensive boards: 0.9>0.4 PG13
Offensive win shares: 3.6>2.9 PG13
Offensive box +/-: 2.5>2.1 PG13

Ditto above.

PER: PG13
PIE: PG13
VORP: Still PG13
Box +/- : PG13

Between the 3rd scorer on a team of a catch and shoot player and a ball dominant small forward who is the 2nd scorer on his team? Quantum sh!t. You solved the cancer problem of the world with this.

You can do your "October to December" calculation and see what your Klay Thompson still had grin

I did and no 3rd scoring option is doing better than Klay (inconsistent as he has been). Klay whose career stats are better than PGs who was the score first option for most of his life.

The guy say na ppg grin That's what coaches told you? Even if it were ppg solely and team record considered fairly, Dragic and Drummond wouldn't be scrubs to Lowry and Horford...

The regular red herring. Oya, produce where I said it was ppg's coaches used. As for your last bit, I could have asked you how it is my business but I get your point and nobody called them scrubs to Lowry and Horford. The question is WHO WAS MORE DESERVING OF THE ALL-STAR SPOT? That is all I am discussing even when you have tried ever so hard to change it into who is having a better season. grin

Next time, you bring up a stat to support Warriors' Kris Middleton, ensure he's better there. Miss me with the 3rd scoring efficient option that plays for the best thing in the League, mate wink

First you started from all-star spot. Couldn't defend it then you went to having a better season. The tactic was exposed then you went to coaches selected X and Y. LOL. Same person who defended the media's decision(not coaches o) to give triple double machine MVP even when someone with a marginally similar record had the 3rd best winning record in the NBA.

So what is your next argument? That Curry did not deserve MVP in 2016 because Kyrie outplayed him in the NBA final? I can't put it past you. You just tried to use Jan and Feb to justify a decision that was made in December. School me? LMAOOOOOOO

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Manutd19:
You will never win argument with the Warriors fans.

If WB used triple double to win MVP, then we can agree that Curry use jacking 3 points to win his as well.
Use what you have to get what u want.

Curry did not have the scoring record.
steals record.
3pt record (402 threes on 45%)
winning record.
winning record (73 wins)
remarkable efficiency
50:40:90 record

Congratulations. You just outstupidded your previous post.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (2268) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.