Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,134 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:12 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1677286 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (2266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:20am On Apr 18, 2018
Maybe these Wizards actually play better without Wall... shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:17am On Apr 18, 2018
John Wall is just a slower Westbrook with no TD.. Cares so much about doing it himself.. He so much slows down their offense trying to do it alone and letting his presence known. Pass the f*cking ball undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:40am On Apr 18, 2018
Jaylen Brown putting on a show for Boston...nice game btw... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:59am On Apr 18, 2018
How about TNT sideline analyst Ros Gold Onwude representing her Naija roots with the beautiful Ankara dress.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Apr 18, 2018
I remember some guys were criticizing and questioning the max contract Big AL got when we got him. I hope over the past 2 postseasons, he has proven his critics wrong.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Roland17:
How about TNT sideline analyst Ros Gold Onwude representing her Naija roots with the beautiful Ankara dress.

That woman, very fine something

I will sell off my father Volvo 240 GL just to afford a ring to propose to her if I ever got a chance.

Very beautiful something smiley wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:22am On Apr 18, 2018
Donlittle:
That woman, very fine something

I will sell off my father Volvo 240 GL just to afford a ring to propose to her if I ever got a chance.

Very beautiful something smiley wink

Your wife dey Magic City

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 18, 2018
Decale:

Your wife dey Magic City

This is all lolawilliams fault angry

See what you don cause grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:31am On Apr 18, 2018
Stay the course with FOCUS.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Can you imagine? The same Panarin we traded to the Blue Jackets is having a terrific playoff leading the Jackets.

Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville understand this is their last shot at redeeming the horror that has happened over the past 2 seasons.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:28am On Apr 18, 2018
There you go Capitals.It took 2 overtime before winning. These guys are mental midgets like A40 says.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 18, 2018
Seems like portland players just take turns shooting.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:26am On Apr 18, 2018
Blazers be playing with fire.

Down 7.

89-82

4th quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:28am On Apr 18, 2018
now down 5.

Ian Clark having some moments between genius and foolishness.

91-86
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:32am On Apr 18, 2018
Huge 3 from Collins for Blazers.

AD getting away with a ton of offensive fouls.

93-89
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:33am On Apr 18, 2018
Its Dame time... wink grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:35am On Apr 18, 2018
95-93 following huge deuce by Jrue Holiday.

Same player Takes a charge on the other end on Lillard.

If Blazers drop this game they are getting broomed.

Fraudland Failblazers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:38am On Apr 18, 2018
Rondo has earned his stripes in my eyes. I thought he was done. Supremely intelligent human being not just as a basketball player.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:45am On Apr 18, 2018
2nd chance points keeping Blazers in this.

Tied at 97 with 3mins to go in the 4th.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Pelicans would have been something else if Boogie was healthy... shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:50am On Apr 18, 2018
Holiday is killing Fraudland.

105-100

NOP miss 2 FTs and a putback but get the rebound.

Rondo hits a huuuuuuuuuuuuge 3 with under 1min to go.

108-100

Dame or Lame time better come now.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:51am On Apr 18, 2018
Rondo with the dagger shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Dame puts in an alley-oop. 108-102.

38 secs to go.

Stotts decision to play McCollum and Dame separate might be a huge gaffe now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Jrue Hols splits a pair of free throws.

109-102

But Holiday is fouled so he has 2 Freethrows.

Under 18 secs to play. Jrue has 33pts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:56am On Apr 18, 2018
Game is done.

111-102. Pels win.

Phuck Dame Lillard and Phuck any coach that said GSW will be the same team if we substituted Dame for Steph.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:10am On Apr 18, 2018
I knew this would happen. Never understood what the hype about Portland was all about. Lilliard thinks so highly of himself & he's talented but he will never reach Curry's level until he develops basketball IQ and use his presence to allow his teammates to flourish off the ball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 18, 2018
etidy:
I knew this would happen. Never understood what the hype about Portland was all about. Lilliard thinks so highly of himself & he's talented but he will never reach Curry's level until he develops basketball IQ and use his presence to allow his teammates to flourish off the ball.
you are right to some extent but the whole flourish off the ball thing has to do with coaching.

It seems Portland takes turn shooting the ball. My turn, your turn, his turn.

That’s what I saw tonight. I doubt if they won 49 games in the regular season playing this way.

They need a legit big man that can slow the game down in the post. They don’t have a klay, curry, or KD so can’t really keep defenders 100% honest.

A big man can slow the ball down when the shot isn’t falling.

I am disappointed in them.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:22am On Apr 18, 2018
Donlittle:
you are right to some extent but the whole flourish off the ball thing has to do with coaching.

That’s what I saw tonight. I doubt if they won 49 games in the regular season playing this way.

They need a legit big man that can slow the game down in the post. They don’t have a klay, curry, or KD so can’t really keep defenders 100% honest.

A big man can slow the ball down when the shot isn’t falling for them and they just don’t have one.

That's true except that Curry was already doing exploits with bogut as his big man under mark jackson's coaching. All this wannabe gansta star guards with low basketball IQ (wall, beal, dame, cj) need to go an earn their stripes in the playoffs. Put curry on this blazers team and he can take them to the finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2018
Donlittle:

They have Nurkic.

I think they came with an inflated ego. Show up and just win but are realising the playoffs is a whole other thing.

You can make excuses if you get swept by GSW which is what Portland did. They did not go to figure out how they can get better. NOP are running rings around them because Rondo is playing point and Lillard is in over his head.

I won't rule them out though, I remember how Rondo got injured for Chicago and Boston came back to win them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2018
If you thought the Wizards would give Raptors tough time raise your hands

How is Bradley Beal an all-star please? We critique DeRozan and Lowry but he's been even worse. Though his reaction to the Gortat/Wall feudo was hilarious.

etidy:
I think they have met their match. They have nobody that can really slow down Holiday and when Rondo starts making 3's you kinda know its not going to be your day.

Also the gulf in class in their bigs is ridiculous. I thought Nurkic would help bridge it but it's not even close
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
Donlittle:

Lillard has been terrible this series both as a scorer and as a facilitator. McCollum blows hot and cold so I wouldn't say I'm surprised by his performance.

The Blazers have a unique problem because the Pelicans already have a unique advantage in front court with two bigs who can run and spread the floor. Their backcourt was supposed to be the equalizer but Holiday and Rondo are grossly outperforming Lillard-McCollum

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
rozier .....brown....what a rush! grin grin grin

damn A40 dropped that line that got me laughing.....rnb singer bodied lequeen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (2266) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: typicalgamer(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.