Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,488 members, 7,964,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:41 AM

Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (19582 Views)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by zikaengee(f): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2012
@ bluetooth, have u heard about Ezza and Ezilo crisis bfore cos I have never heard about their crisis talk more of their problem being solved previously
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by chmod777: 9:32am On Jan 01, 2012
Please there has been pockets of similar clashes even in the north. But what the hail is the cause of this one in Ebonyi ?
Please house I have just been evaluating the Nigeria Leadership of today and I found out that from
President---GEJ, Vice , Senate President and Deputy, House Speaker and Deputy, Secretary  General of the Federation, Chief Justice of the Federation

Key Ministers:
Power, Finance,Economic planning, Petroleum, Aviation, Defense, UN Ambassador

Chief of Defense staff
EFCC

Business: SEC, Electricity Regulatory Commission, Stock Exchange
JUST TO MENTION A FEW, there are no Yoruba

My observation since 1999 is that if it was the Igbos that are left out totally, the YORUBAS will be shouting on the press that these guys are loosers, politically inferior, only likes money and allow them selves to be used.
But no one has cared to write about their non existence or their total insignificance in the schemen of this of todays Nigeria political circle.

I hope I am not the only one that has observed this.

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Konnektions146(m): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2012
ebonyi state  actually has one of the most fertile soil in nigeria for agriculture but these two guys wont just  stop, i just wish that state will discover herself and place themselves in the economic map of this country and that can only be done by a vibrant leader, very vibrant.

i just dont know whats up with these tribal wars on nairaland.should igbos go non-existent cos some individuals/group of persons dont like us? no way
i dont have anythin against any tribe/race, i work with people of different tribe and accomodate them as much. y cant we learn to grow up and understand how this life should be lived.

umu igbo , biko nu k'anyi jisike gba ndi ochongoloko nkiti na ufodu ihe ha na ekwu.
enwere m okwukwe n'anyi ga na-agba mboo oge niile.

omalicha afo 2012
awesome new year 2012
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by BABSIN(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2012
This is what we get after Nigeria divide into different Region,
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by codeworks(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2012
Bluetooth, check your first comment, obviously you started the clash. We have clashes everywhere in Nigeria. I think you should see the problem as land dispute. The way you addressed the problem is not good. You started the tribal/ethnic problem. happy new year all
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by thurpee(m): 10:18am On Jan 01, 2012
This is an inter-ethnic dispute in ebonyi state, We all should understand d fact that disputes are liable to occur between any ethnic group in the country, Our focus should be on proferring solutions to these problems, I think GEJ should also tighten d security in these communities,
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Konnektions146(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2012
codeworks:

Bluetooth, check your first comment, obviously you started the clash. We have clashes everywhere in Nigeria. I think you should see the problem as land dispute. The way you addressed the problem is not good. You started the tribal/ethnic problem. happy new year all
gbam!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Konnektions146(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2012
codeworks:

gbam!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2012
Please, this is 2011.Let's leave this bigotry alone.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Revolva(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2012
Nigeria and ethicity, i dont know why Black people hate them selves, why why why
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ayusman16(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2012
Why are d igbos never united and they want to rule Nigeria come 2015. They need to get serious.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by slam7000(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2012
All well meaning igbos in nairaland and beyond should condemn what is happpening in ebonyi state.its shameful and shouldnt be justified with modakeke/ife or any nurtw violence happening elsewhere.its embarrassing and i expect the govt, and ebonyi people to solve these perenial problem permanently.im just worried ezza people might go out retaliatory attack.enough of these cycle of silly violence, Onye obula bu nwa afo igbo kwesiri ikato ajo ikuku a na eku na Ebonyi maka na ejighi ikwafu obara na imebi ihe were mara anyi.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OneNaira6: 10:41am On Jan 01, 2012
I think the moderators does this on purpose.

Why is this on the front page?  Even if you wanted to spread the information about the clash, why not put the second thread talking about this clash but without the tribal online argument on the front page instead.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Konnektions146(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2012
Revolva:

Nigeria and ethicity, i dont know why Black people hate them selves, why why why
if yu ask me, na who i go ask?? de matter whey yu see so, e tey whey e start
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OneNaira6: 10:43am On Jan 01, 2012
codeworks:

Welcome to NL.  Some people are know for this: they start wahalla, then play the victim card when wahalla kicks off, na so e be.  

Welcome oo!.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by slam7000(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2012
Violence,hatred,bigotry are all bad and irrespective of ur tribe, its a challenge for every black person to fight and conquer these problems , eddie murphy and Jay Z make fun of us in their stand up comedies and rap songs calling our women, fufu eaters or miss fufu, these are 2 black men.here in london i,ve heard a Jamaican lady telling my friend Yomi to Bleep the hell back to africa with his stupid accent cos he tried to chat her up inside bus272 going to woolwich , if u read kickoffnigeria.com its mainly nigeria slugging it out with ghananians, in nigeria its igbo vs yoruba or muslims vs christain, we will never achieve anything meaningful until we learn to respect and appreciate each other.Shame on any individual who comes here solely to stir ethnic sentiments and provocations.one day we,ll all wake up to realise what damage we,ve done to ourselves.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by kepsi123(m): 11:01am On Jan 01, 2012
Post Started with brothers killing brothers and degenerated to tribal ranting and NURTW. You people are pathetic.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by EPOMA(m): 11:20am On Jan 01, 2012
BABSIN:

This is what we get after Nigeria divide into different Region,

Back to what I always say that dividing Nigeria will not bring an end to anything, people sorting their heads out is a better solutions. Everything is wrong in Nigeria from the way lands are owned to further. The early we go back to basic and do the right thing for the country to move forward the better.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by katib: 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
just when other nations are working tirelessly to advance these ppl who are supposed to be Biafrans not Nigerians can't do without killing themselves. Pity.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by zebudaya(m): 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2012
kepsi123:

Post Started with brothers killing brothers and degenerated to tribal ranting and NURTW. You people are pathetic.

No mind them. They are extremely useless folks. Almost every post is derailed by tribal ranting/unnecessary insults. There are a couple of folks, once I see their names I don't even bother reading their comments. I know it's going to be shameless vitriol. Life is too short to let their negative energy infiltrate my psyche.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by fatadis: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2012
There is tension in the land, massive youth unemployment, poverty, total collapse of public infrastructure are the causes of this violence. we need to look inward and think deeply
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by maasoap(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
Look inwards, recognise the problems and proffer solution to it. This is a pure clash between two communities, how does it involve Hausa/Fulani? Or are we still playing the game of giving a bad name to dog to justify hanging it? Infact, they should learn from Ife-Modakeke crisis. They fought, they made up and they have been living peacefully together for the last decade. But this one, according to reports, has become recurrents and constant. Stupeed transporters in the West shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify stubborness on the part of Eeza and Ezilo in the East.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak4God(m): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
@Nchara, drop this!!We are talking about innocent soul that have just been lost there life.May God help us.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by unrattled: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2012
My take is that since GEJ has started, let him go the whole nine yards!

Slam a state of emergency on the affected L.G.As & Communities and declare Marshal law ASAP.
Deploy those soldiers that only understand "go" and not "come" like it was done in Abia state during the kidnap era.

That way "the Fear of the Lord" will be struck into any fool that even dreams about starting more violence.

Above all it will show GEJ as a dog that bites without even barking.
Result: Oh boy, no go near that dog-o, e dey dangerous!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by noiseless: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2012
What a shame,mr president, pls keep focus dont let anything distract your plans on the way forward,and if need be decend on ebonyi politicians heavily if they cant take the necessary action to stop this madness,you have our support as usual or that piece of land will be taken by the government if they cant come up with a lasting solution.        Happy new year to all peace loving african on NL and please continue to be your neighbours keeper,God bless.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by otokx(m): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2012
What are they fighting for?
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OlaPhils(m): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
this nchara guy, u be one one army oooooo. u really finish these guys with proofs.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by noiseless: 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2012
And i do not have problems with mr.president declaring a state of emagency in those two communities as well,we dont need this and people must learn to behave,if they so love to fight they should go and enlist in the military to help fight boko haram.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OlaPhils(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
otokx:

What are they fighting for?
they are testing there weaponries. blood fucking bitches
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OmoTier1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2012
mY FIRST POST OF 2012, SO HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,

Shame the ethnic clashes in Ebonyi seems to know no end! I thought these people were disarmed during the Obasanjo and the Yar'dua regimes Maybe these people need to learn from states like Edo, where despite the diversed ethnic groups, they live in peace and harmony.The recent Ijaw threat in that state and how things were resolved albeit for now impressed me big time!

So shamefully these innocent souls never saw the light of 2012! May their soul if deserving find eternal rest in Christ Jesus.

@ALL,

Let us stand, rise together in one voice and condemn this babaric act of ethnic cleansing going on in Ebonyi and in various parts of Nigeria. This country belongs to all of us and we are all equal in the eyes of the constitution of our beloved and great country, Nigeria.

I,omo_Tier1 condemn the babaric and shameful killings in Ebonyi. I call on those in position of authority in Ebonyi to do all that is necessary to put to end this completely unncessary blood shed.

Long live the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria, Long live the good people of Nigeria. One Nation, One Love, in Unity Peace and Hope.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by tlops(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
Just as I was Thanking God for a successful and peaceful crossover to 2012, with no news on Nigeria's bombing spree, I tuned to BBC only to hear that we have done it again with 50 death. God SOS!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by gulfer: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2012
afam4eva:

Please, this is 2011.Let's leave this bigotry alone.
We are waiting for you in 2012. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twin Blast Reported In Maiduguri Metropolis - Sahara Reporters / Buhari’s Rejection Of Electoral Bill, An Act Of Desperation – CUPP / Kano Tribunal: Ganduje Welcomed Back To Kano By Huge Crowd (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.