Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,165 members, 7,970,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (19596 Views)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Abagworo(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2012
hugafella:

Ebonyi state is generally the most backward state in the south east. And the Ezza tribe are generally very backward, hot tempered and violent species. Ask anyone who has been to that state. It takes just five minutes of conversation with them to see how impossible they are. (this is true for many tribes in the state)

However, it will be interesting to note that many tribes in Ebonyi state do not speak Ibo. I mean ibos don't understand their language. For example, the Ntezi people have Benue ancestry, and speak an entirely different language than Ibo.

@bolded. It is so wrong to say Ebonyi is backwards because and make mockery of it. Ebonyi has developed tremendously since its creation and as at present has the tallest building in the entire East including Port Harcourt.

Little do people know why Imo State is referred to as Igbo heartland. It is the only State that everyone speaks Igbo and completely surrounded by Igbo. Abia has Akpa, Ibibio, Annang villages, Enugu and Anambra has Igala and other tribe villages. Imo is bounded by Igbo speaking Delta, Rivers, Abia and Anambra.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ignis: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2012
This's serious
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by noiseless: 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Please brothers this is not what we should be talking about here,judging who is igbo by their dialect is so wrong and unacceptable cos we all speak in different ways,and yet able to know each others as igbos and no igbo is more igbo,i repeat no igbo is more igbo.Now i originally hail from a village between anambra,imo and abia believe me brothers one of the biggest village next to ours has a completely different words to some of most common things with common names in the whole of igboland.So that is one of the beauty of igbo nation,so if you dont go you will never know and if everything is the same life will be boring.And start making comments to say the ezzas are migrants from benue is baseless infact their relatives in the benue should come back to ebonyi if they want and the sun will not disappear,they are igbo and no amount of comments can change that cos we all are migrated from some where,and to start saying the ezzas are not igbo just because the might have relatives in benue is so pathetic,and to me,those of their socalled relatives should even come back to claim their rightful place give a toast about whatever some will say.We should rather be encouraging the ezilos to learn to share with their brothers the ezzas so to be more of ezza-ezilo than claiming their brothers who came to their rescue in time of need can now have no right to the land.Exactly nigeria mentality, run into trouble, beg cameroon for help, and gave away bakassi that was part of nigeria and in the end claim there was no agreement,the only people who have right to question the ezzas about the land are the people they fought alongside the ezilos against. thanks brothers. @onlytruth, happy new year and please your attention is needed,thanks again.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Pa22(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
Τ̲̅ђΐƨ is †ђξ transition people took †ђξ later part ǿſ last year †☺ plan! A̶̲̥̅nd now †ђξir only problem is Ϟ☺ώ †☺ kill & maim because ǿſ, ? Or ЂĄ✓ξ all τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ multinational companies moved there?
Anyway, its not surprising as τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ lack ǿſ value on life has so far been promoted from τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ top! Afterall, Ϟ☺ώ many ЂĄ✓ξ died compared †☺ other regions ǿſ †ђξ country & τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ end is always "set U̶̲̥̅̊p a committee that'll look into τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ immediate & remote causes" ? With a resultant lack ǿſ interest! God help nigeria!!!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
am really worried abt my girlfriend cos she is from ezza, hope this don't affect her or her family. Lemme say somtn here, yep most ebonyi people igbo and she told me dat they aren't igbo cos they don't behave like igbos so no one should attribute doz bloody clashes to igbo cos am an igbo and i know wat killing innocent people means,
Tanx.

N/b: i think their main cause 4 fight is land as 4 me i can never fight 4 such tn even if my younger brother wants 2 take all my parent's property. Stil tank u but remember igbos ar very very very peaceful just like 0:00012% of us deviate cos of mutation and foreign influence, stil tank u
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by noiseless: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
Whatever dude,let anyone claim not to be anything so people like you will leave them in peace,for your information you are not the one who decides who is or not igbo.
Movingcoil:

am really worried abt my girlfriend cos she is from ezza, hope this don't affect her or her family. Lemme say somtn here, yep most ebonyi people igbo and she told me dat they aren't igbo cos they don't behave like igbos so no one should attribute doz bloody clashes to igbo cos am an igbo and i know wat killing innocent people means,
Tanx.

N/b: i think their main cause 4 fight is land as 4 me i can never fight 4 such tn even if my younger brother wants 2 take all my parent's property. Stil tank u but remember igbos ar very very very peaceful just like 0:00012% of us deviate cos of mutation and foreign influence, stil tank u
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by OneNaira6: 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
hugafella:

Ebonyi state is generally the most backward state in the south east. And the Ezza tribe are generally very backward, hot tempered and violent species. Ask anyone who has been to that state. It takes just five minutes of conversation with them to see how impossible they are. (this is true for many tribes in the state)

This is an evil thing to say about another Igbo group, no matter how dangerous, unigbo-like, whatever they may be they are still Igbo and deserved to be respected by other Igbo. Rather than other Igbo judging them, shouldn't we intervene and try and help them solve this problem? just a suggestion.

hugafella:

However, it will be interesting to note that many tribes in Ebonyi state do not speak Ibo. I mean ibos don't understand their language. For example, the Ntezi people have Benue ancestry, and speak an entirely different language than Ibo.

True

hugafella:

Finally, Mr. Bluetooth, you should grow up and stop seeing everything through the lens of Ibo/yoruba. I'm sure your parents brought you up with this mentality but you can learn to change. God bless.

Supported so true. A round of applause.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by jaydude(f): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2012
I served as a corper in,very typical of dem! Dey are always fighting,especially over those deir dry infertile lands! And dey don't like strangers n are so hostile 2 corpers! Der was a clash den and corpers were asked by nysc officials 2 remain indoors til d clash was over,instead of going 2 rescue dem.a friend of mine was indoors for 3 good weeks! Na wah oooh!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
I guess that's why they're called aboki Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Faults EFCC On Clearance Of CCT Chairman / Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.