Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,387 members, 7,894,663 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (45736 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by tlops(m): 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2012
LeoMax:

I have no issues with the subsidy removal. But my concern is, will I see petrol to buy when I need it ? I no wan sleep for darkness o

Sleeping in darkness will be the least of ur concern, don't worry!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by overhyped: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2012
werepeLeri:

how much he be before him reach there?

How cares? My friend, If you no get work, go and eat sh!t from the anVs of a Pig wey get running stomach. Mtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttsh.

Jonathan we dey your back, afte rall we voted for you not PDP cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

You are one funny character indeed! Does the UK govt also subsidise alcohol and cigarettes? How come there are price controls on these things?
You are one phucking clown whose arguments are plucked from thin air and defended with lies.

How is your god, Ciroma?
FYI,  and I have told yoou this before,  I am from the South South and from an oil producing area like the president. But I would never pay a blind eye to mediocrity just 'cos GEJ is from South South! He hasnt got the balls to lead, and much of what He does is being dictated to Him!

Are you this daft? Price Control on Alcohol and cigarettes are due to NHS that is highly subsidized! Gosh you are one big numpty. Go use you wikipedia and find out how many were admitted in the UK NHS between 2007 and 2010 for alcohol realated cases, then you would know why the then Labour government came up with the idea of Price control on alcohol. It's the pressure on the subsidized NHS dues to abuse, numpty!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by nedu210(m): 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
Let see wats goin 2 happen nw dat the subsidy hav been removed.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
nedu210:

Exactly, I am tired of people ranting and complaining, No one has said anything about what the masses will do in response to this butt phucking by the government,
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
nedu210:

Getting info NLC and OCSGs will be making a statements pretty soon. Not all confirmed yet, but still waiting for the info to be confirmed if it is true and on what the statement will be all about
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
engineerd:

Exactly, I am tired of people ranting and complaining, No one has said anything about what the masses will do in response to this butt phucking by the government,
think mass protest is in the offering, not sure, saw this on vanguard a while ago, but nothing yet from NLC and Civil Society Groups,
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/fuel-subsidy-removal-pro-labour-groups-call-for-mass-protest/
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by cap28: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
Nigerians are reaping what they sowed by voting in a complete failure as a president.

When we told you that this man was not even capable of running a fresh fish pepper soup joint talk less of a country, people thought we were being unkind.

Where are all those i.diots that were bowing and scraping at the mere mention of the name Okonjo Iweala?  Hope you are now happy with the economic reform package she has given you to welcome in the new year.

There is more to come - GEJ and his world bank and IMF pals are just starting, they are determined to grind you into the dust.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

FYI,  and I have told yoou this before,  I am from the South South and from an oil producing area like the president. But I would never pay a blind eye to mediocrity just 'cos GEJ is from South South! He hasnt got the balls to lead, and much of what He does is being dictated to Him!

Are you this daft? Price Control on Alcohol and cigarettes are due to NHS that is highly subsidized! Gosh you are one big numpty. Go use you wikipedia and find out how many were admitted in the UK NHS between 2007 and 2010 for alcohol realated cases, then you would know why the then Labour government came up with the idea of Price control on alcohol. It's the pressure on the subsidized NHS dues to abuse, numpty!

So the National Health Service (NHS) subsidises alcohol and cigarattes in the UK? shocked shocked shocked
Guy, maybe you are talking about the NHS in your village!

Choi! Man can't laugh!!!

The UK has price controls just as petrol will be price controlled. Please stop lying, its entertaining in its foolishness, but its immoral.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Gbawe: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
Anybody who thinks GEJ is the sort of President who can ram this through is deluded. He is no Lula of Brazil or 'father of the nation' figure. Nigerians only see a very anti-people President the local representatives they trust are vehemently against.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/shut-down-gas-stations-selling-above-existing-prices-jaf-urges-nigerians

Shut Down Gas Stations Selling Above Existing Prices, JAF Urges Nigerians
Posted: January 1, 2012 - 18:30

The Joint Action Front (JAF) has called on Nigerians to boycott and shut down any gas station, which sells fuel above the pre-subsidy removal prices.

Before the Goodluck Jonathan government announced its removal of the subsidy in a First of January stunner today, those prices were: petrol, N65 a litre; kerosene, N50 a litre; and diesel, N70 a litre.  Following the removal, petrol will now sell for N141.

JAF, the pro-labour civil society partner in the Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LASCO), further urged Nigerians to use mass action to enforce stay-at-home and strike actions whenever labour and its allies in LASCO declares such a move.

Strongly condemning the Jonathan presidency for its decision to inflict unnecessary suffering and punishment on Nigerians, JAF demanded that the nation’s four refineries be made to work and new ones also built in order to make petroleum products cheaper and affordable to all.

It further demanded a new political and economic order that will end the era of privatisation, deregulation, looting and exploitation by the corrupt capitalist ruling cabals and ensure that wealth of the country is judiciously applied.

Yesterday, JAF announced a mass action scheduled for January 3rd at the Nigeria Labour Congress in Yaba, Lagos.

In today’s statement, it reminded Nigerians that the mass action is in force, and urged them to join the struggle wherever they are to reject and resist the hike in prices.  
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by tlops(m): 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf, Beaf, Beaf, -----------Ok! how do you expect an 18000 NGN earner to cope with the effect of this? I don't have problem with the removal if the proceed will cushion his standard of life in other areas.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by IbroSaunks(m): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
@Beaf
I know you may have done this plenty times, but please kindly enlighten me as to why you feel the removal of fuel subsidy is such a good idea.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by akin101: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
beaf deserves to be shot,
idio.t dont u realize u are the only mongrel on this thread happy with this shite.

u stupid dog because ur master decided to increase fuel automatically inflation has crept in,
I ve been saving money for a long time to actualize a dream,
i m  sure monies saved now wont have much value now.

i have a little baby at home and her cry because she is uncomfortable in the heat, lack of electricity and mosquitoes is breaking my heart,

self serving idio.ts like u who live far away from their country who  dont actually feel the effects careless policy and rant like mad dogs on internet threads disgust me,
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by maipeople(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2012
angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by VoodooDoll(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
The Uk adds tax and duty to tobacco in order to finance the NHS and other public goods.

So in effect, health care is partly subsidised by tax added to tobacco.

@topic

Nigeria has some interesting months ahead of us.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by efisher(m): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2012
In all my years of existence, I've never seen a painless injection. Lol.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Chubhie: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
Cant the Nigerian govt for once ever make decisions that directly affects the masses? How can the few lord it over the majority using the instrumentality of state force? If we understand govt to be a social contract then it has failed in it's primary duty. The system as it stands now depicts of oppressed Vs oppressor Master Vs slave!!! Are these politicians and their handlers aka beaf are they in touch with reality at all?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by EvilBrain1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
tlops:

Beaf, Beaf, Beaf, -----------Ok! how do you expect an 18000 NGN earner to cope with the effect of this?

Anybody who earns N18000 a month cannot possibly be a member of PDP so whatever happens to them is not the president's concern. The real Nigerians get their fuel from government free and can easily afford to pay N1000 per litre if need be.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

So the National Health Service (NHS) subsidises alcohol and cigarattes in the UK? shocked shocked shocked
Guy, maybe you are talking about the NHS in your village!

Choi! Man can't laugh!!!

The UK has price controls just as petrol will be price controlled. Please stop lying, its entertaining in its foolishness, but its immoral.
I know you can't see beyond the dirths in your nose! It's common sense, silly! NHS is free and higly subsidized, people go out drink excessively, have alcohol related issues,  and who picks the bills?, The Treasury does mate! Who subsidizes the NHS to the tune of £50bn? The treasurey does mate. FYI, ITU/ICU beds in the UK cost an average £10,000/bed space each day!

The then labour government conducted a research and found a direct link between Alcohol prices, and associated public disorder and illnesses and the resulting increment in admissions in the NHS.

Simple cheap Alcohol => more addmissions => More NHS bedspace being used up => More cost in terms of subsidy for the UK government. So what do you do,  you control the source i.e Alcohol prices as the government hope (as the study of experts suggested)  would translate to fewer addmissions => Less NHS Bedspace being used up for related diseases and illness =>Less cost in terms of subsidy =>overall benefit for the UK treasury/tax paying citizens,

See common sense in action ?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ziccoit: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
ddr
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ziccoit: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
Good news to all GEJ supporters/voters. Just flash your voters card at a filling station you will get your fuel at N65/litre even less. When a cup of rice jump to N600 and that of gari becomes N400 your voters card will be at your rescue.
 The multiple voters and other election riggers are at better advantage as these people will not pay for fuel and are going to be insulated against the impending mother of inflation.

Announcer Min. Info.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Getting info NLC and OCSGs will be making a statements pretty soon. Not all confirmed yet, but still waiting for the info to be confirmed if it is true and on what the statement will be all about
nedu210:

[/quot
Omo_Tier1 link=topic=836524.msg9875886#msg9875886 date=1325442918:

FYI,  and I have told yoou this before,  I am from the South South and from an oil producing area like the president. But I would never pay a blind eye to mediocrity just 'cos GEJ is from South South! He hasnt got the balls to lead, and much of what He does is being dictated to Him!

nedu210:

e]what are you waiting to see?Miracles?your road will get fixed?jobs will be created?Security?they are just fooliing us,Nothing will change,is not today they been trying to explain this trash,in few months time,Nigerians wont even talk about it anymore, We are being sold away to IMF policy, GEJ is just a regular politician.Nigeria can not move forward under the same usual political Business,
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Siga: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
All these B4st4rds we have as leaders, if they stop embezzling our money, wont that cover any subsidy, God will purnish anyone that is making life difficult for all Nigerians, Amen
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by mayorteeny: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Their is a going to be a mass protest in Lagos on the 3rd of January, The Arab spring is moving south, speak up, stand up and ACT now or forever remain in captivity.

Join the Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Demand-a-better-Nigeria/158225524258254
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
goodsegs:

e]what are you waiting to see?Miracles?your road will get fixed?jobs will be created?Security?they are just fooliing us,Nothing will change,is not today they been trying to explain this trash,in few months time,Nigerians wont even talk about it anymore, We are being sold away to IMF policy, GEJ is just a regular politician.Nigeria can not move forward under the same usual political Business,
Nothing will be fixed! GEJ has presided over a budget the now Minister for Finance and Coordinating Minister for Economy called "non-existence" and "unworkable"!

GEJi s a deluded individual. He thinks He can lie His way for long, like He did in Bayelsa!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Gbawe: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
ziccoit:

Good news to all GEJ supporters/voters. Just flash your voters card at a filling station you will get your fuel at N65/litre even less. When a cup of rice jump to N600 and that of gari becomes N400 your voters card will be at your rescue.
 The multiple voters and other election riggers are at better advantage as these people will not pay for fuel and are going to be insulated against the impending mother of inflation.

Announcer Min. Info.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2012
I can see Beaf is hither and thither, fending off attacks from his master. GEJ must really be paying Beaf a pretty penny.

Internet warriors, una still dey sidon look?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
VoodooDoll:

The Uk adds tax and duty to tobacco in order to finance the NHS and other public goods.

So in effect, health care is partly subsidised by tax added to tobacco.

@topic

Nigeria has some interesting months ahead of us.
Help me educate that deltan beaf! His cracked brain can't fathom how it so easily works here without killing the citizenry for no gain!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

I know you can't see beyond the dirths in your nose! It's common sense, silly! NHS is free and higly subsidized, people go out drink excessively, have alcohol related issues,  and who picks the bills?, The Treasury does mate! Who subsidizes the NHS to the tune of £50bn? The treasurey does mate. FYI, ITU/ICU beds in the UK cost an average £10,000/bed space each day!

The then labour government conducted a research and found a direct link between Alcohol prices, and associated public disorder and illnesses and the resulting increment in admissions in the NHS.

Simple cheap Alcohol => more addmissions => More NHS bedspace being used up => More cost in terms of subsidy for the UK government. So what do you do,  you control the source i.e Alcohol prices as the government hope (as the study of experts suggested)  would translate to fewer addmissions => Less NHS Bedspace being used up for related diseases and illness =>Less cost in terms of subsidy =>overall benefit for the UK treasury/tax paying citizens,

See common sense in action ?

Sharrrrrrap dia wit your k-legged lies!
As voodoodoll said, alcohol and cigarettes are price controlled to help subsidise other services. The bottom line is, contrary to your false words; there are price controls on goods the UK govt does not subsidise. Just in the same way as 9ja now has price controls on petrol it no longer subsidises.

I wish there were tablets I could give you to improve your brain. Lol!
NHS does not subsidise alcohol and tobacco!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Gbawe: 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
Well, he had no shoes as a boy. Now , as a President, he is wearing massive shoes with pointed metal toecaps he is mercilessly ramming up the azzes of Nigerians . Next time think before you vote blindly for your fellow Christian or Southerner against the "mad mullahs".
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by utelee: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2012
lets waite and see what will happen next 4 naija after removing fuel subsidy! i'm seeing inflation heating d nation.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2012
Are you guys still on Nairaland debating

Pls Seun Osewa, close down this site because it is time for some action. Talking and debating won't solve anything o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Biafra Themed Wedding Holds In Enugu (Photos) / Nigeria Will Burn If I Am Re-Arrested - Nnamdi Kanu / INEC Declares Rivers, Jigawa, Kaduna Lawmakers' Seats Vacant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.