Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,193 members, 7,925,707 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (45842 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by houvest: 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2012
After all said and done the compromise might come to about 80 naira per litre
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by BIGERBOY1: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_tier, u no leave beaf alone he is just trying to pull out red hairings at every argument u present instead of countering ur arguments with knowledge, and even at that he has failed woefully.

Some body asked me not to curse our leaders, coz it will only get worse for us the masses. Well I ask heavens to do as He wills with our leaders, for the reality is we are stuck with them for the next 3 years
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by twentycent(m): 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
Here we go again 9jerians, Original suffaheads
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

Sharrrrrrap dia wit your k-legged lies!
As voodoodoll said, alcohol and cigarettes are price controlled to help subsidise other services. The bottom line is, contrary to your false words; there are price controls on goods the UK govt does not subsidise. Just in the same way as 9ja now has price controls on petrol it no longer subsidises.

I wish there were tablets I could give you to improve your brain. Lol!
NHS does not subsidise alcohol and tobacco!
who is this beaf?why does he always defend Jonathan?even if you are a die hearted Jonathan Fan,are you saying he never made a mistake ?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by BetaThings: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2012
efisher:

In all my years of existence, I've never seen a painless injection. Lol.
And nowhere else have we seen perennial injection without any relief/cure

There is no Alternative to SAP,  - IBB
We will spend subsidy savings on roads and hospitals - Obj
We will develop critical infrastructure with subsidy savings - Jonathan
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2012
goodsegs:

who is this beaf?why does he always defend Jonathan?even if you are a die hearted Jonathan Fan,are you saying he never made a mistake ?

Like every human, GEJ makes mistakes; however, the removal of the fuel subsidy is not one.

@Biger Boy
Omo tier is just plucking crap out of his arse and you know it. It started with his crazy argument that the taxes he pays on fuel in the UK are a form of subsidy. Isn't that daft?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

Sharrrrrrap dia wit your k-legged lies!
As voodoodoll said, alcohol and cigarettes are price controlled to help subsidise other services. The bottom line is, contrary to your false words; there are price controls on goods the UK govt does not subsidise. Just in the same way as 9ja now has price controls on petrol it no longer subsidises.

I wish there were tablets I could give you to improve your brain. Lol!
NHS does not subsidise alcohol and tobacco!
Let me educate you abit more, It was in the dying days of Gordon Brown that price control on Alcohol and Cigarrettes were brought in to force. A study was done to enumerate how the alcohol abuse was leading to more spending in £millions by the NHS, meaning, the state was subsiziding 'abuse' and 'Waste'. Panel of Experts  came up with the recommedation for the government haven found a link between cheap alcohol and increase in alcohol related illness and increased NHS bedspace usage! And the recommendation was to tax those who choose to abuse the cheap alcohol by putting up the Taxes on Spirits. This in effect is a price control to avoid NHS subsidy from going uncontrollable and unfordable! THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM CONTROLLING THE PRICE TAG IN ORDER FOR PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT! Get it , freaky numpty!!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by EvilBrain1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2012
Jonathan just declared war on ordinary Nigerians. He better pray that ordinary Nigerians don't declare war on him.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-H1NOyhTJ1rU/TmsOySnsyGI/AAAAAAAABiU/LjjjHeGAzPA/s320/riot-france.jpg[/img]
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
Lets See how it goes!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2012
Light no dey, no fuel for generators

Abeg bring your bench outside and lets enjoy the [size=28pt]fresh air[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by buzugee(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2012
dunno why yall bellyaching. this is the perfect opportunity to usher in environmental preservation. you all should ditch cars and buy bicycles. you all should start riding bicycles everywhere like they do in holland. i was in amsterdam a while back. i was amazed at the bicycle culture. very refreshing too. although i fail to see how those naija iya apatis will fit on those narrow bicycle seats. maybe they could make special ones for nigerians that come in double wide ?  undecided
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

Like every human, GEJ makes mistakes; however, the removal of the fuel subsidy is not one.

@Biger Boy
Omo tier is just plucking crap out of his arse and you know it. It started with his crazy argument that the taxes he pays on fuel in the UK are a form of subsidy. Isn't that daft?
This is what life becomes when you engage in unending sycophancy! Simply, I said UK as developed as it is, We get fuel subsidy in form of reduced VAT! This is true and any body that lives in the UK and drives would notice this when next they check their VAT receipts!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by wowo2: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2012
we must to stay home or on the streets until GEJ shows us the calculations, how much will govt accrue, and where will each kobo go, these people must be forced to be accountable
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Gbawe: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2012
Guys , please do not doubt any more that Beaf is a wicked individual and a plant of the Presidency on Nairaland. This is what he said yesterday with authority while even the marketers , from their action of keeping fuel at N65.00/L today, had no wind that this new year day bombshell was in the offing:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-834816.96.html

[size=18pt]The fuel subsidy is already gone[/size], thank the Good Lord. Lets discuss how we can ensure the judicious use of the savings.

I can 100% confirm to you all that politicians read this forum and actually use it as a barometer to judge the mood of Nigerians. Engage Beaf only if you are happy to waste time discussing with paid agents ala, Reno Omokri, who have long sold out to the highest bidder.

The forum can note my naive respond to what Beaf wrote above that he , unusually, ignored indicating he knew what was coming today. Perhaps those who claim Beaf is Reno Omokri are not paranoid afterall.

Make that statement when Nigerians are paying N150.00 per litre for fuel  because the last we heard from the Finance Minister is that "government is still consulting" on fuel subsidy removal. No one needs your brand of deciet and dishonesty here.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2012
buzugee:

dunno why yall bellyaching. this is the perfect opportunity to usher in climate preservation. you all should ditch cars and buy bicycles. you all should start riding bicycles everywhere like they do in holland. i was in amsterdam a while back. i was amazed at the bicycle culture. very refreshing too. although i fail to see how those naija iya apatis will fit on those narrow bicycle seats. maybe they could make special ones for nigerians that come in double wide ?  undecided
Will you also use bicycle to power your house? Will you also use bicycle to transport food from your local market home? How many Nigerians buy food processed like we do here? How many Nigerians can even afford processed food? Majority buy it cheap in the local market where their purchasing power still can earn them a basketful!

Again, how many of the cycling facilities you saw in Holland is available in Nigeria?, or didn't you see that cyclist have their own road/lane in holland?, Do we have same in Nigeria?? Or will you cycle from Ebute meta to Idiroko or Isolo
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Let me educate you abit more, It was in the dying days of Gordon Brown that price control on Alcohol and Cigarrettes were brought in to force. A study was done to enumerate how the alcohol abuse was leading to more spending in £millions by the NHS, meaning, the state was subsiziding 'abuse' and 'Waste'. Panel of Experts  came up with the recommedation for the government haven found a link between cheap alcohol and increase in alcohol related illness and increased NHS bedspace usage! And the recommendation was to tax those who choose to abuse the cheap alcohol by putting up the Taxes on Spirits. This in effect is a price control to avoid NHS subsidy from going uncontrollable and unfordable! THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM CONTROLLING THE PRICE TAG IN ORDER FOR PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT! Get it , freaky numpty!!

So you now agree that there are price controls in the UK? You are a clown indeed!
There have always been price controls in the UK and there will always be. It is dolts like you who make stup!d arguments about stuff you don't know that keep proferring dead mens solutions to Nigeria, so you can keep praising your hero, Ciroma and living a life of disgraceful ignorance in the UK, funded by filthy lucre. It is filthy lucre that

keeps your type praising belly crawlingg vultures like Ciroma and wishing Nigeria would maintain the status quo that saw your type reaping off the system. It is over, live with it. There will be no more subsidising the pockets of a few bigshots off the backs of Nigerians, the 1.3trillion will be distributed into more meaningful subsidies for development. Cry tears of blood if you like.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by kizito96(m): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2012
Anybody can now import Fuel and sell according to how you bought it. Consumers will now determine the price, as Consumers will now have a choice to buy from who sells cheaper
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by boyt1: 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2012
brein:

Lets See how it goes!

its all good. we must support this reform today, for better tomorrow.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by sartorius(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2012
Goverment is broke, don't u guys get it, ??If u are in Lasgidi Talk less pls,its 9am @NLC house Ojuelegba tomorrow back it ?with action
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by adaphik(f): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2012
BREAKING NEWS:
"Shut Down Any Filling Station Selling Fuel Above N65"

http://olufamous..com/2012/01/shut-down-any-filling-stations-selling.html
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by malele(m): 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
i have never seen an animal like this beaf
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2012
^
These days, unevolved prepubescent bullfrogs like you are allowed to use computers? What a shame. embarassed embarassed

adaphik:

BREAKING NEWS:
"Shut Down Any Filling Station Selling Fuel Above N65"

http://olufamous..com/2012/01/shut-down-any-filling-stations-selling.html

Yes, tell Gbawe to go and close Oando; they are selling fuel for N141.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ziccoit: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2012
How I wish Nigerians had independent mind and could think like an uninfluenced brain, beaf would have changed his username or acquired another one in the face of deserved heats.

A pdp paying agent on nairaland? Life is cruel to Nigerians
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by mayorteeny: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
The Arab Spring is moving South of the Sahara, Speak Up, ACT Now, or forever remain in captivity, DEMAND a better Nigeria Today.  Join us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Demand-a-better-Nigeria/158225524258254

A movement by the people of Nigeria to DEMAND positive change. This movement has no gender, religion or tribe, it has no political affiliations. Extreme Poverty, Hardship, Corruption and the myriads of problems facing us as NIGERIANS know no gender, religion or tribe. It affects us as NIGERIANS.

Enough is Enough, Stop the Complacency, DEMAND for a better Nigeria Today. Let us HOLD OURSELVES and OUR LEADERS Accountable for the many ills of Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by landon(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
kizito96:

Anybody can now import Fuel and sell according to how you bought it. Consumers will now determine the price, as Consumers will now have a choice to buy from who sells cheaper

sir, you should know that "forces of demand and supply" control nothing in naija, it is the forces of 'price fixers /cabals' that control everything. even if crude oil is sold for free in the internatioinal market, some people will still exploit us and become overnight billionaires at our expense, people like otedola, jimoh ibrahim, ifeanyi uba, wale tinubu et al readily come to mind
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
mayorteeny:

The Arab Spring is moving South of the Sahara, Speak Up, ACT Now, or forever remain in captivity, DEMAND a better Nigeria Today. Join us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Demand-a-better-Nigeria/158225524258254

A movement by the people of Nigeria to DEMAND positive change. This movement has no gender, religion or tribe, it has no political affiliations. Extreme Poverty, Hardship, Corruption and the myriads of problems facing us as NIGERIANS know no gender, religion or tribe. It affects us as NIGERIANS.

Enough is Enough, Stop the Complacency, DEMAND for a better Nigeria Today. Let us HOLD OURSELVES and OUR LEADERS Accountable for the many ills of Nigeria

True, tell Gbawe about it. Advise Gbawe to burn down Oando; they are selling fuel for N141.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by NextHome(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
Is this what you voted for?

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by efisher(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
There is a world of difference between subsidizing by directly injecting money to suppress price AND reducing VAT on goods / services. In the first case, the government has to make a cash out. In the latter case, the government gets some money but only reduces the amount it gets. I.e. Only the tax is subsidized. Can you really qualify that as subsidy? It's like buying items and getting your tax free as a tourist. Will you also call that subsidy? The government doesn't have to pay anyone any money. That's all!

Our case was just pathetic - jetting out billions of scarce resources without focus or direction. It's just like throwing money on the street and keeping people as beggars for life. The government has by this switched from giving the populace fish to teaching them how to fish. Many may not believe the "teaching them how to fish" part due to distrust for government. you can't blame anyone for not believing the govt because we've been mal-treated for ages. It is no longer an issue of promises but of tangible results. We'll see about that by the end of 2012.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by jaybee3(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
Law of karma at best
Reap what you sow
Y'all voted for him so simply deal with the pain
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by mrofficial(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
Me, I'm going to meet carpenter tomorrow. Retardeen has brought plague on the masses.

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by OmoTier1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

So you now agree that there are price controls in the UK? You are a clown indeed!
There have always been price controls in the UK and there will always be. It is dolts like you who make stup!d arguments about stuff you don't know that keep proferring dead mens solutions to Nigeria, so you can keep praising your hero, Ciroma and living a life of disgraceful ignorance in the UK, funded by filthy lucre. It is filthy lucre that

keeps your type praising belly crawlingg vultures like Ciroma and wishing Nigeria would maintain the status quo that saw your type reaping off the system. It is over, live with it. There will be no more subsidising the pockets of a few bigshots off the backs of Nigerians, the 1.3trillion will be distributed into more meaningful subsidies for development. Cry tears of blood if you like.
YOU ARE REALLY DAFT! simples, you can not distinguished between Price Control as advocated by PPPRA and price control on Alcohol/cigarettes in the UK? You have no sense of what price control as an economic toll really means!

Am I all too surprised? Absolutely not. You are as shallow as your pay master and I have made this clear to you before. Just like your GEJ could not convinced Nigerians on why He needs to remove Fuel subsidy (Something I can don even if you wake me up from sleep 12am), it is not all too of a no show that He employs electronically certified idiots like you to troll the web.

As Gbawe has rightly pointed out, your wicked at heart and a shameless idiot! Go through this thread of over how many pages and see how popular your view points are.

Go figure out when you can, When you deregulate, that mean, your power to set prices go out of the window, market forces of demand and supply dictates the price! Unless you bring about an intervention like subsidy or Tax breaks like the UK does, you can not have the moral ground to talk about price tag!

Virtually everything in the UK is subsidized directly on indirectly. Go figure out what tax breaks on month income on families, co-habitting couples etc are all about before you come run your filthy sycophantic mouth!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by NextHome(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
Is this what you voted for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest / Why Pigeons Buhari Released Refused To Fly - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.