Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (45709 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
If Government is serious about saving money for infrastructures,  I want Salaries of Abuja slashed by half.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ifeci: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
Do you know the meaning of true federalism?
If your state governor or LG chairman was doing his job and your locality was churning out jobs and industries, would you be concerned about a N65.00 handout from Abuja?
If you think Nigeria is phucked, because we cannot manufacture a single pin and states must beg for monthly upkeep from Abuja, why would you think you as an individual needs the same sort of welfare package when you are not disabled?

So removal of fuel subsidy justifies all that you have asked?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by EvilBrain1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
efisher:

@Evil brain, fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, I don't do insults so I'll just skip that part and go to the meat.

Ask our neighbors the Ghanians. They have been able to actively recognize the impact of energy efficiency on energy utilization. More on this later.

The Ghanians are not starving. And their fuel subsidy removal amounted to less than a 15% increase in prices. Our fuel prices have jumped over 100% which is enough to sink millions into poverty by the time we factor in all the multiplier effects on the economy. People, especially children, are literally going to die over this. From malnutrition and from preventable diseases like when they don't have money left for the baby's antimalarials after paying for the suddenly more expensive food, rent and transport.

And all this is happening at a time when senators earn more than Obama and Jonathan is eating N1billion worth of food. And you're yammering about energy efficiency.

You're just like Okonjo-Iweala and co. You're so busy staring at one tree that you can't see that the forest is burning. I say again that for a smart person, you're being really dumb.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Hollalek(m): 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
Every single tin wil av 2 cost, Strtin 4rm pure water sarchet! Let jst 4get 2011 nd strt new yr wit new dimension. Here com 2011, D journey is soo far,
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by landon(m): 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Government said they would use the money realized from subsidy removal for INFRASTRUCTURE, guyz do you realize that 2012 budget has no subsidy appropriation,  so where is the saving coming from?

If no money has been budgeted for subsidy in 2012, so where will they be getting N1.3tn from

help me ask the pro subsidy people oo, GEJ and his cohorts will not 'yafoko" IJN.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by nastydamus(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

Good News: If U Voted for GEJ & NOT PDP. Just show your voters card @ filling station & get petrol at SUBSIDISED RATE of 65 Naira per litre. Those who did not vote GEJ will buy at new rate of up to 150 Naira per litre. Next time when you vote you wont vote with sentiments.

This move calls for sober reflections but your post cracked me up. If only GEJ even had a plan for the people that 'voted' him in.
Unfortunately, they've been lumped with us, the 'dissidents', in this subsidy nonsense.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ifeci: 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2012
Ask our neighbors the Ghanians. They have been able to actively recognize the impact of energy efficiency on energy utilization. More on this later.

we have asked our Ghanian neigbors and the said that they have enjoyed several years and counting of uninterupted power supply so their removal of subsidy will not affect their local production rate
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
ifeci:

So removal of fuel subsidy justifies all that you have asked?

Yes, it does.

Tell me why you need a N65.00 handout as an able bodied individual.
I want to know what you think about your state being your primary focus for development, instead of the FG. State governors and LG chairmen are not mere decoration; they are there to provide jobs, industries and services. That is not the FG's job. So, how hot are you on your state governor and LG chairmain?

Everyday, the Nigerian cries out for true federalism which guarantees self reliance and cultural autonomy. How do Abuja handouts encourage self reliance and autonomy? What business has the FG got in funding everything under true federalism? The states and the LG's should be funding the FG instead, but Nigerians don't think right anymore and thats why we are here clamouring with blood drenched eyes for the return of a structural anomaly.

GEJ is taking the country on a none return trip to true federalism by slowly decreasing the FG's powers and putting more in the hands of the private sector. Even NNPC as we know it is going. The boat is on a one way trip toward true federalism.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
PPRA sets a benchmark price of 139 naira and went ahead to say prices will be detected by market forces, its just a way of saying, the lowest you can buy is 139 naira, it can be as high as 200 naira per litre, kwkiwkiwkiw i laugh in ijaw
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

I will ask you a very simple set of questions instead:

[list]
[li]Do you know the meaning of true federalism?[/li]
[li]If your state governor or LG chairman was doing his job and your locality was churning out jobs and industries, would you be concerned about a N65.00 handout from Abuja?[/li]
[li]If you think Nigeria is phucked, because we cannot manufacture a single pin and states must beg for monthly upkeep from Abuja, why would you think you as an individual needs the same sort of welfare package when you are not disabled?[/li]
[/list]

Can you tell me if anyone on the wrong side of the above questions is on the right side of reality? Nigerians need to learn to think in the right way, too many years of phucked up anti-people govts have made us not to understand how a country should be run. Thank you.

bro, I was expecting repliies, not questions.by attempting to side step my questions, you are making your points less clear. good answers to the questions might  convince us. i will answer your questions when you answer mine.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Chubhie: 11:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
@beaf: Iam in no way trying to eliminate your very source of livelihood. Let it be known that iam in no way againt the removal of fuel subsidy if and only if such is done in an ideal society with all the basic things of life. The only thing the masses presently feels they are benefiting from d govt is this fuel subsidy. You as a learned mind will agree that the domino effects will nt be palatable and can lead to serious break down of law n order? You seems to know much more than the masses. I pray thee tell us why the masses should continue to bear the blunt knowing fully well that the law of gravity is no applicable in the nigerian gravitation field. Thanks.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by xwolverine: 11:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

Sadly, you are a dunce who goes personal when they lack the intellect to back up their id!otic arguments. I'm sure you fight in the streets everyday. Lol!

Unlike you, I have a real job and honest one at that and no amount of a$$ licking can make you as comfortable as I am, not with your valueless naira anyways. If you and your boss likes loot 10trillion naira per anum, just be ready for the consequences. you call backing up arguments with wikipedia articles and google search intellect ?(a Year 11 (Fifth Form) student would do better than that), when the person you are arguing with actually lives there.

Common sense, subsidy removal is good but implement PIB and build refineries or at least show effort. Instead of accepting that your boss goofed, your myopic m0r0nic brain is busy defending your boss. Even if GEJ asks you for your wife and kids, you will gladly give them to him.

F.ucking w@anker!!!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by apoti(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
I was thinking Boko Haram would drop a bomb today, not knowing it's GEJ's turn to drop one  undecided
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2012
we are being tricked and lied to. The 1.3 t was at least part of the 2011 budget of 4.43trillion naira meaning it was sourced from where the entire budget was sourced from. so where is the source of the 1.3 trillion to be saved? if they want to tell us its going to be sourced from same place as the budget then the 2012 budget = 4.48t +1. 3t= N5.78 trillion. we have bad accountants and economists in Ngr govt. simple
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2012
xwolverine:

Unlike you, I have a real job and honest one at that and no amount of a$$ licking can make you as comfortable as I am, not with your valueless naira anyways. If you and your boss likes loot 10trillion naira per anum, just be ready for the consequences. you call backing up arguments with wikipedia articles and google search intellect ?(a Year 11 (Fifth Form) student would do better than that), when the person you are arguing with actually lives there.

Common sense, subsidy removal is good but implement PIB and build refineries or at least show effort. Instead of accepting that your boss goofed, your myopic m0r0nic brain is busy defending your boss. Even if GEJ asks you for your wife and kids, you will gladly give them to him.

F.ucking w@anker!!!

When people have no brains, they put up agbero attitudes like you. It is a sign of lack of intelligence.
Sir, do you fight on the roads or beat children in the streets? Is your "real job" armed robbery?
Why is it that you cannot argue without going personal, sir? Were you deprived as a kid? No milk? Bros, I'm confused!

Dunce. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by dmainboss: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2012
All of you calling for revolution, where were you when Lekki toll commenced. O, I remember, you were junketing in a night club. lol
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by xwolverine: 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:

[s]When people have no brains, they put up agbero attitudes like you. It is a sign of lack of intelligence.
Sir, do you fight on the roads or beat children in the streets? Is your "real job" armed robbery?
Why is it that you cannot argue without going personal, sir? Were you deprived as a kid? No milk? Bros, I'm confused!

Dunce. grin grin grin[/s]
^
lame comeback,  undecided undecided You can do better,
You haven't worked enough for this month's salary
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ugosly(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf,Beaf,I really like this Beaf of a guy.
I used to think,he was jst a regualar NLander xpressin his opinion, but now i know better.
I hope ur supervisor/ employer is seeing your work here,infact u should b recommend for promotion.
I am officially ordaining u Igwe onu na ekwuru GEJ 1 of Nairaland.
U
too much.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2012
^
Thanks, but I am a reguler NLander expressing my opinion.

Chubhie:

@beaf: Iam in no way trying to eliminate your very source of livelihood.

Do you know me, or is your family employing me?
If you wish to converse with me, I will advise you cut out the crap, it only makes you seem like an unintelligent coward who lacks the skills to debate.

Chubhie:

Let it be known that iam in no way againt the removal of fuel subsidy if and only if such is done in an ideal society with all the basic things of life. The only thing the masses presently feels they are benefiting from d govt is this fuel subsidy. You as a learned mind will agree that the domino effects will nt be palatable and can lead to serious break down of law n order? You seems to know much more than the masses. I pray thee tell us why the masses should continue to bear the blunt knowing fully well that the law of gravity is no applicable in the nigerian gravitation field. Thanks.

I asked a few questions above about how a country should be run. I will repeat them in answer to your questions:

I want to know what you think about your state being your primary focus for development, instead of the FG. State governors and LG chairmen are not mere decoration; they are there to provide jobs, industries and services. That is not the FG's job. So, how hot are you on your state governor and LG chairmain?

Everyday, the Nigerian cries out for true federalism which guarantees self reliance and cultural autonomy. How do Abuja handouts encourage self reliance and autonomy? What business has the FG got in funding everything under true federalism? The states and the LG's should be funding the FG instead, but Nigerians don't think right anymore and thats why we are here clamouring with blood drenched eyes for the return of a structural anomaly.

GEJ is taking the country on a none return trip to true federalism by slowly decreasing the FG's powers and putting more in the hands of the private sector. Even NNPC as we know it is going. The boat is on a one way trip toward true federalism.

[list]
[li]If your state governor or LG chairman was doing his job and your locality was churning out jobs and industries, would you be concerned about a N65.00 handout from Abuja?[/li]
[li]If you think Nigeria is phucked, because we cannot manufacture a single pin and states must beg for monthly upkeep from Abuja, why would you think you as an individual needs the same sort of welfare package when you are not disabled?[/li]
[/list]

Can you tell me if anyone on the wrong side of the above questions is on the right side of reality? Nigerians need to learn to think in the right way, too many years of phucked up anti-people govts have made us not to understand how a country should be run. Thank you.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by frudokafor(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2012
I love this country
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by femionasan(m): 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
@ Beaf can you just answer the questions being asked you instead of making nonsense of yourself? Someone asked you a set of questions and you replied with questions, does that make sense.  undecided  I only hope the 1989 Romanian revolution which was very disorganized or Arab spring does not happen. People are frustrated and GEJ is sinking them into deeper misery. Even if the benefits of the so called subsidy removal takes effect in the next six months do you know how many people will die of hunger, not go to school, will not be able to take care of their families and lead to a large number of suicidal tendencies. Oh! i forgot, its the sacrifice we have to make in order to move forward but the Executive and Legislature cannot sacrifice a pay cut for these people to live. 70% are below the poverty line, it wont be a nice sight to behold if a Samuel Doe reenactment happens.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Felibaby(f): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2012
I bought fuel for 150# per lit this evening . My eye still dey red. Normally, I fill my tank with 4500# and I exhaust it in a week. This evening, I filled my tank with 7350! I pity this country of ours. The masses are in trouble.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by efisher(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
@Evil brain, from your last reply to me, if you say I'm dumb like Okonjo Iweala, I will take it as a complement. It's really flattering to me. Hahaha.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by VoodooDoll(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2012
Ha ha ha,

People are debating Beaf like he is your elected representative.

Petrol subsidy is gone. Nigeria's elected president, GEJ, has played his card, we either fold and accept or play a counter hand.

I used to debate Beaf and we've exchanged swear words a few times. But the truth is the current system needs to be crashed and crashed in a most extreme way for any real change to take effect. I'm tired of limping along in this current structure like some kind of quadriplegic.

Whatever the true figure of subsidy is, the huge variation in quoted figures shows that the number can be played with. How much does Nigeria even earn annually - from oil, VAT, Agric and other resources and how much of our taxes goes to fund FGN.

If the shock absorbers are not there then "we the people" need to meet our elected representatives on the streets or at the polling booth. In our frustration and anger at Abuja, let's not forget the National Assembly, Judiciary and State level peeps.

The more time spent online debating this, the less time spent offline or elsewhere strategising and implementing real change. For the record I remain unconvinced that the "savings" from Fuel "subsidy" would be used for the benefit of all.

We Nigerians are in for a hell of a ride this year, God be with us all.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2012
Beaf:
I asked a few questions above about how a country should be run. I will repeat them in answer to your questions:

[list]
[/list]

To all your writing, I ask you one question: are you okay? How many Nigerians are able-bodied? With this subsidy, is it only the price of fuel that will increase? What of okada, taxi, or bus? Restaurants? Hotels? Hospitals? Food? The country is run on generators for Christ's sake.

When Nigerians have uninterrupted supply of power, then let them subsidize fuel. The number one issue with President Jonathan is his complete and utter disregard for prioritizing. In his version of the alphabet, E comes before B.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by dmainboss: 11:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
All of you calling for revolution, where were you when Lekki toll commenced. O, I remember, you were junketing in a night club. lol
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
VoodooDoll:

Ha ha ha,

People are debating Beaf like he is your elected representative.

Petrol subsidy is gone. Nigeria's elected president, GEJ, has played his card, we either fold and accept or play a counter hand.

I used to debate Beaf and we've exchanged swear words a few times. But the truth is the current system needs to be crashed and crashed in a most extreme way for any real change to take effect. I'm tired of limping along in this current structure like some kind of quadriplegic.

Whatever the true figure of subsidy is, the huge variation in quoted figures shows that the number can be played with. How much does Nigeria even earn annually - from oil, VAT, Agric and other resources and how much of our taxes goes to fund FGN.

If the shock absorbers are not there then "we the people" need to meet our elected representatives on the streets or at the polling booth. In our frustration and anger at Abuja, let's not forget the National Assembly, Judiciary and State level peeps.

The more time spent online debating this, the less time spent offline or elsewhere strategising and implementing real change. For the record I remain unconvinced that the "savings" from Fuel "subsidy" would be used for the benefit of all.

We Nigerians are in for a hell of a ride this year, God be with us all.

And that concludes todays debate! Good nite folks and happy new year!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by yemivictor: 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2012
Well, i guess every workers' salary has been effectively decimated (in terms of purchasing power) by at least 27%. sad

So much for fresh air!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by member479760: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
Are you serious that you bought it for 150/L?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by dmainboss: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
honestly, if i were GEJ, I would just look for a way to disintegrate Nigeria. All of you ranting here come from states that contribute nada to the rest of us. pathetic. and you want to enjoy subsidy. sad. And your states have the largest number of local governments and overheads.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2012
femionasan:

@ Beaf can you just answer the questions being asked you instead of making nonsense of yourself? Someone asked you a set of questions and you replied with questions, does that make sense.  undecided  I only hope the 1989 Romanian revolution which was very disorganized or Arab spring does not happen. People are frustrated and GEJ is sinking them into deeper misery. Even if the benefits of the so called subsidy removal takes effect in the next six months do you know how many people will die of hunger, not go to school, will not be able to take care of their families and lead to a large number of suicidal tendencies. Oh! i forgot, its the sacrifice we have to make in order to move forward but the Executive and Legislature cannot sacrifice a pay cut for these people to live. 70% are below the poverty line, it wont be a nice sight to behold if a Samuel Doe reenactment happens.

You are funny. If you think that you should be paying more attention to the FG than your state and local govt for your welfare, dont you think your expectations are upside down? Why should the FG feed you, instead of your state and LG? Demand the fuel subsidy from your state and LG if it is that important to you, afterall your governor and LG chairman are not mere decorations whose only purpose in office is to share beggars money from Abuja. In other countries, it is the states and LG's that fund the FG, provide jobs and services etc.

It is the upside down mentality of the average Nigeria (from years of being traumatised up by the military rule) that is the problem here. The average person even thinks it is normal for states and LG's to do phuckall and collect money from Abuja. What if there was no oil? What would your state and LG collect from Abuja? What N65.00 payment for our enslavement would we demand?

Why are your state and LG beggars in Abuja, is it normal? These are the things that should be your real focus.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by cashful(m): 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
apoti:

I was thinking Boko Haram would drop a bomb today, not knowing it's GEJ's turn to drop one  undecided
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Photo Of Ekweremadu As He Arrives Nigeria From Germany After IPOB Attack / Buhari Nominates Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande For NERC Chair, Drops Shasore / Sex Starvation Made Me Plan Husband’s Abduction – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.