Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114720 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by binhozie(m): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
Stop being online activists for once and turn up during protests on Monday
Foolish people. Look at the miserable so called occupy crowds. The Govt must be laughing. Rubbish
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by FBS: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thanks guys for the updates.
More,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by kizito96(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank you Brothers, Keep the flag flying
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by agabaI23(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
kels001:

now that the subsidies have been remove i reckon that the prices of cement will soon be 3-4000 naira for a bag, no we cant take or tolerate this no more, enough is enough this has got to end and nowwwwwwwwwwwwww
cement should remain the same because diesel was deregulated long before now.
I told my friends 2 months back that the deregulation of fuel has more impact that that of pms because it has industrial applicatios than pms.
Haulage trucks use diesel, generating sets of industry size use diesel engines. This protests have no meaning
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by rabzy01: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
Subsidy removal: Expect to pay more, telecoms operators tell subscribers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/subsidy-removal-expect-to-pay-more-telecoms-operators-tell-subscribers/

Lagosn – (NAN) The Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) said , Friday, that subscribers should expect to pay more for telecommunications services.

ALTON Chairman, Mr Gbenga Adebayo, was reacting to the fuel subsidy removal.

Adebayo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the situation would remain like that as long as fuel subsidy removal remained.

He said as in the other sectors of the economy, the telecoms industry would be seriously affected by the subsidy removal.

“Reason being that even though the core of our power is generated by the use of diesel, all other support services are dependent on the PMS.

“Therefore, with the increase in the cost of PMS, it is foreseen that it will also affect the cost of doing business, meaning that it will affect the cost of network operations as well.’’

He said telecoms users should not expect any reduction in tariff, but an increased tariff especially in some states where service providers encounter problems in the course of their businesses.

According to him, some operators cannot maintain their networks in some states in the South-East because of issues of multiple taxes imposed by the government and its agencies.

He warned that discriminatory tariff might be introduced in such states.

“If this problem by government agencies should continue, we may start introducing some kind of discriminatory tariff to cushion the effect of those states where operators are made to pay a lot more in local taxes and levies for service provision’’.

Adebayo explained that if that was allowed to happen, making calls from some states might be cheaper but expensive in others depending on operation cost.

He said where the cost of service provision went beyond normal, the load would have to be passed to the end users.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
Shots from Ibadan : Agitated Ocuppy Nigeria Activists

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by omosexy1: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
Wait oh wait oh is Occupy Nigeria a protest against fuel subsidy or one against Corruption, Bad Government and Failed Promises. Please remember the Lekki Protest, only a couple of hours after teargas and brutal police flogging. Lekki residents retired to their homes and accepted their fate by paying their toll fee, so that protest failed. A lot of people are shouting occupy Nigeria and thinking by going out to the streets the government would reverse their decision, please don't forget Jonathan said fuel subsidy is irreversible. We should not forget that the Government is also preparing (Military personnel, the Police and Thugs). How long can we withstand the flogging, tear gas, stray bullets, detainment. Are we going to retire to our fate like Lekki residents or go the whole way to ensure good governance, to demand better public services and getting rid of corruption once and for all. Else Occupy Nigeria would be a failure and a waste of time.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rooneyboy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
mukina2:

Kaduna
[img]http://c0014124.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a46c4c2[/img]
Stop playing on our intelligence !
WE ARE NOT ONE
The moment the Hausa man learns to write that placard this way
IGBO
NIGER DELTA
YORUBS
HAUSA
Then I will know we are one , but for now Its a big NO
Hausa is not the head and NIGER DELTA the tail.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by megastu(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
@omosexy.

It is a matter of resilience. Lekki issue is a different one cos it only affects a minute section of lagos not to talk of Nigeria. Irrespective of how u look at it, The whole Nigeria is affected by this useless policy, and remember that this fight is not about removal of subsidy, it is about voicing out corruption in Govt.

In libya, after 24 hours of riots and protest, Gadaffi, as feared as he was, came out and said he will kill all libyans, yet he died like a chicken. You just watch how we, the masses, will triumph in this fight. Dont accept defeat when the battle has not even started.

Everyday, people keep talking about how corruption and Govt spending is ruining us, and here we have the opportunity to make Govt have a re think on their spending, and you are here comparing this struggle with Lekki Toll.

Mind you, the last has not been heard of the Lekki Toll, i believe. Govt choose a time when people will be on holidays to commence that toll. Wait until you have the full impact of workers, school buses etc on that road upon resumption.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
omosexy1:

Wait oh wait oh is Occupy Nigeria a protest against fuel subsidy or one against Corruption, Bad Government and Failed Promises. Please remember the Lekki Protest, only a couple of hours after teargas and brutal police flogging. Lekki residents retired to their homes and accepted their fate by paying their toll fee, so that protest failed. A lot of people are shouting occupy Nigeria and thinking by going out to the streets the government would reverse their decision, please don't forget Jonathan said fuel subsidy is irreversible. We should not forget that the Government is also preparing (Military personnel, the Police and Thugs). How long can we withstand the flogging, tear gas, stray bullets, detainment. Are we going to retire to our fate like Lekki residents or go the whole way to ensure good governance, to demand better public services and getting rid of corruption once and for all. Else Occupy Nigeria would be a failure and a waste of time.

I remember an influential Algerian reporter that dismissed the gatherings @ Misrata & Benghazi as a small crowd of peasants and cowards. He said Libyans were a long dead and defeated populace under the shackles of the Ghadaffi Dynasty. For over 40 years they have been cowards! Gaddaffi listened, smilled and went to bed with his favorite LovePeddler!

Now he rests in pieces in the valley of the peasants! Keep sleeping Jonathan & more oil to thy manhood while anarchy is set loose upon the land!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrKnow1(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
The removal of fuel subsidy could be the breakthrough Nigeria is looking for if only the Funds generated by its removal is wisely spent
Listen to this argument

http://asewele-television..com/2012/01/cbn-governor-sanusi-lamido-sanusi.html
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by babestella: 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
FUEL SUBSIDY IS A BIG SCAM IN NIGERIA, OCCUPY NIGERIA, LETS DO IT, THESE GREEDY PEOPLE MUST BE KICKED OUT. HOW CAN A SENATOR EARN MORE THAN BARRACK OBAMA WHO IS EVEN DOING A LOT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF HIS COUNTRY AND THIS WORLD.

FUEL SUBSIDY IS NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM, WE WE HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE, PLEASE I URGE YOU ALL TO COME OUT ON MONDAY AND LET GET THE ENGINE ROLLING, JONATHAN AND HIS COHORTS MUST LEAVE THIS COUNTRY.

READ INTERVIEW WITH PROF TAM DAVID WEST.

Oil Subsidy Is Fiction-Okonjo Iweala Is Here To Seduce People To Accept The Callous "Oil Subsidy" Removal-Tam David West-TheNEWS
Posted: October 28, 2011 - 15:28

Professor Tam David-West
By TheNEWS
Professor Tam David-West, Petroleum Minister during the era of General Muhammadu Buhari, and Mines, Power and Steel in the General Ibrahim Babangida government, spoke with GBENRO ADESINA on the controversy over oil subsidy removal.

For the layman on the street, does oil subsidy exist?

There is no oil subsidy in Nigeria. It is a lie and fraud. After the regime of General Buhari, I challenged government after government, from General Ibrahim Babangida and Chief Ernest Shonekan to General Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, to appear on national television with me to justify their subsidy.

Let me introduce you to the basics. Let us say a particular commodity like gari is sold for N10 per bag hypothetically and the farmers are producing to make us self-sufficient at N10. But at a time, they can’t produce enough because of either bad harvest or natural causes, the government now says since garri is a staple food, the government goes to another country where gari is produced and buys it at N20 per bag and brings it to Nigeria to sell at N10 per bag. The government now writes off the extra N10 –– that is subsidy. The extra N10 the government pays on behalf of the people for them to still buy at N10 is the subsidy paid on that commodity.

No government should exist if it can’t serve the people because government is a trust. They are trustees for the people. Edmund Burke, the great British philosopher, said that government is a contrivance of human wisdom and the wisdom should be used to satisfy people’s needs. Any government that can’t satisfy the need of its people is irrelevant and must be overthrown and kicked out.

Coming to petroleum, there is no oil subsidy. Oil subsidy in Nigeria is fiction, it doesn’t exist and it is a fraud. During Buhari’s time, we had three refineries. When necessary, I mean, whenever there was shortage of oil, we embarked on offshore processing. If at a time, the production of oil couldn’t satisfy our needs, we selected oil companies like Shell and others that we would give crude oil to refine abroad, sell at foreign exchange and pay to our account. We got quantum of barrels of crude oil and gave to these companies and after they might have refined it, let’s say they got one million litres and we needed only 200 litres, they would give us the quantity we wanted and sell the remaining and give us foreign exchange. We only took our fuel back, never imported fuel.

This time what do they do? These fraudulent people will take our oil, refine it and bring it back and sell it at foreign exchange. This is fraud in the highest places. Why is it that during Buhari era, with three refineries we were self sufficient but at their time, with four refineries we are now importing fuel?

I personally signed the contract of the fourth refinery which we call new Port Harcourt Refinery in 1984. It was one of the best in Africa, with a capacity of 160,000 barrels per day. The first refinery, in Port Harcourt, was built in 1965; Warri refinery in 1978, and Kaduna refinery in 1980. A newly constructed refinery can’t have major problem for about 30 years. The problem they will not tell you is that after Buhari, every Minister and Head of State became an oil sheikh, except General Abdulsalami Abubakar.

Some ministers have petrol stations and oil blocs. You can’t serve the nation and serve yourself at the same time because you can’t serve two masters at a time. One must serve his country and the dividends of doing this is satisfaction. Total capacity of our four refineries is 445,000 barrels per day. If the refineries are working even at 80 per cent, we will have more than enough product. They did not do that but sabotaged our refineries.

I have been shouting since 1995 and I wrote that they are killing Nigeria and poor men. And in 2009, the House of Representatives corroborated me by saying that refineries were sabotaged. Abdulsalami as head of state, reacting to the state of our refineries, said he didn’t want to open a box of scandal. Why did they do this to the common man? Who are the importers? Big people!

A senator said this year, Nigeria spends N860 million on fuel importation and they projected that by the end of the year, over N1 trillion will be spent on importation of fuel when our budget is N4.3 trillion. Insanity! Dan Etete said they needed $250 million to repair the refineries but the same minister said Nigeria is importing fuel at $900 million. Is that not insanity? If you need this huge amount of money to repair refineries, why don’t you build new refineries? The money you are using to import, use it to build refineries.

Why do you think Obasanjo did not repair the four refineries we had and build four extra for petroleum to be sold at N20 as he analysed when he was in power?

Olusegun Obasanjo is a great liar. They will not do so in order to continue to import fuel for selfish reasons.

Is it true that Nigeria has the lowest prices of refined products among oil producing countries?

Forget Jonathan! He doesn’t understand what he is saying. He is only parroting what they told him. He talks like a parrot. Can he remove what doesn’t exist? Can’t we build our own refineries to serve us and remove the untold hardship they want to impose on us? Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said the subsidy goes to the wrong hands. If they remove it, will people not suffer the more? Everything will increase. The new minimum wage of N18,000 will become N2,000.

But Obasanjo said because it is built in phases, it will take about five years to build a refinery?

It is a lie. I told you Obasanjo is a liar. It took just two years to build the fourth refinery. I signed its contract. It is between two and three years. The problem is that there is intellectual laziness and physical indolence. In developed countries, the president will not just talk without being well quizzed. But in Nigeria, at a media chat once, Obasanjo shouted on journalists or talked to them as a teacher. They kept quiet. It doesn’t take five years to build a refinery.

Okonjo-Iweala talked about cushioning the effect of the removal of oil subsidy?

Rubbish! She is sermonising to seduce people to accept the callous oil subsidy removal. Things she promised are palliative, nobody should agree. Labour and Nigerians should make it impossible because you don’t take away what doesn’t exist. We don’t need oil subsidy to build roads, provide water and electricity; vote for capital projects has taken care of that. Degrees don’t guarantee good governance.

Can a school certificate holder rule a nation?

Yes and very well. What degree does Shehu Shagari and Balewa have? School teachers. Winston Churchill was among the dullest in his class and he became one of the greatest British leaders. Degrees don’t make leaders. Leadership is a natural endowment or one acquires it by hard work.

Jonathan wasn’t born great, he said he was born poor. Rubbish! It is a privilege to be born into a wealthy home. I was born into a wealthy home but one can’t control where God puts you. I tell my son that he should not allow the wealth of his father to go into his head because his minister father could as well be a driver. You don’t regret where you were born. So, I didn’t have shoes or wasn’t born great is rubbish. God is not partial. He does things with reasons.

Being born humble is not an issue. How you articulate your humble situation is the issue. That you are born rich doesn’t say you should look down on people. The problem with Jonathan is that though he has Ph.D, he is a brilliant man, but there is a difference between native intelligence and book intelligence. Jonathan is basically brilliant. The danger in that is that such people whenever somebody like Iweala comes talking, they idolise them like mental geniuses and become internally inferior to them. Whatever they say goes –– garbage in, garbage out. He doesn’t have the stamina to challenge them.

For a prince to be advised wisely, he must be wise too. Iweala is not the most brilliant economist. There are hundreds of people more brilliant than she is. Pius Okigbo and Ojetunji Aboyade, they served the nation meritoriously. She is working with somebody psychologically inferior and she will lead him into a ditch. She talks like the president. She once said that government would not negotiate with the Niger Delta militants. Did they not negotiate later? She was paid in dollars when she served in Obasanjo’s cabinet and her monthly pay was N2.8 million and now she is saying oil subsidy is killing the economy. Hypocrite!

If you know that what you are doing is right, convince people in arguments, facts and figures, not by sermonisation. Now, they have hired consultants with millions of naira to convince Nigeria to accept their rubbish. It was done during Shonekan’s time when a Nigerian was given N20mn for public relations job. He collapsed. They have started again. Please, Senators, Honourables of the House of Representatives, throw out this bill. Don’t think and say we are safe in Nigeria. There could be corporate protest here, just like what is happening in the Arab world. If you do anything that will make Nigerians suffer more, they will go on the streets because the suffering is already too much. I can afford things but millions of Nigerians that form the majority cannot. They should know that government is not about commissioning or investment and profits. Government should have moral dimension. Any government that disregards the moral dimension, that is, respect of God, God will punish such for making Nigerians to suffer.

How do you react to the fact that governors have endorsed it and labour has tactically endorsed it with conditions?

All that is nonsense. NLC should represent the masses well. NLC should not give any condition for the consideration of the removal of oil subsidy. Government has ways of compromising labour. When things are hot, they can approach them with millions and buy them over and they will start to talk with double tongues. NLC should be firm. The government should publish the names of those that are importing fuel and government should sign that if it is removed and the effects are not felt between three and six months, then we must dissolve the present government. If they remove oil subsidy, l will lead a protest. I will organise students for demonstration.

Do you still have faith in Nigeria?

My dear young man, if I don’t have faith in Nigeria, I will not be talking to you. I still have faith in Nigeria. To keep Nigeria as one is a task that must be done. We should differentiate between metaphysical Nigeria and political Nigeria. Nigeria is a great country blessed by God. The way we are going, the political Nigeria will destroy the metaphysical Nigeria. Most of those in government are rogues and thieves. They love themselves more than Nigeria. Every Nigerian owes Nigeria more than what Nigeria owes him/her. Nigeria will change for better when we have more statesmen than politicians.

Now, we have a bunch of politicians who only think of the next election while a statesman thinks of the future. Nigeria will collapse if we have more politicians than statesmen. Nigeria is a country where a senator is earning more than the President of America. They even buy government houses. They spend billions on cars and they can’t pay N18,000 minimum wage. They have morally crippled the country and the governance. They will be destroyed by God. Nigeria is a great country –– no natural disaster, there are able men and natural resources. But people are still crying, no job, graduates are driving taxis, doing menial jobs. Many now engage in armed robbery because they have to survive. May God bless us with good leaders.

The worst enemy of Buhari says that Buhari is not corrupt and that is the truth. It takes integrity and rigidity not to be corrupt and lead the nation. You don’t lead like Jonathan. God will punish those that are punishing Nigerians and Nigeria. When the poor man weeps, the tears go to heaven and come down with burning fire and consume his enemies. And that is what will happen in Nigeria.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by babestella: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by omosexy1: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
@megastu @pain do we want to compare the objective of Libya to that of Nigeria. Libyans wanted  Gadaffi out; we want fuel subsidy to be reinstated (2 different objectives). Do we want Jonathan out (remember we voted for him well I didn't) or do we want to tell PDP (a party without any mandate), its chieftains and party members that enough is enough. What happens if fuel subsidy is reinstated. Remember there was extreme poverty during fuel subsidy and if it is reinstated poverty will still never ceases. We should change the objectives of Occupy Nigeria from Fuel Subsidy to No to corruption, that a stringent law on corruption be passed, that EFCC or whatever commission be given autonomous power to prosecute all citizenry regardless of status and position, that the immunity clause be removed and that government begins to implement better economic policies to empower the people. Also remember that Nigerians have been calling for this protest for long because we are tired of the way our government treat us. We have to be passionate about this, we have to be determined about this. My fears are; can Nigerians stick to the end, are we prepare for this or are we going to chicken out when the soldiers in their battalions begin to roll out their tanks and the corrupt police begin to throw their tear gases or the Govt thugs begin to stab protesters with their knives. ARE WE READY FOR OCCUPY NIGERIA, DO WE KNOW WHAT IT IS GOING TO COST US, WE SHOULD ASK OURSELVES GENUINELY; IF YES WE MUST SAY NO TO CORRUPTION. PDP AND ITS COHORTS MUST GO
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by babestella: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
There has been several plots by the past and present governments not to build new refineries so that they can continue to import fuel. How can we import what we already have. It is like a cafe who has enough coffee to make, but no coffee maker. The owner of the cafe goes shopping each day and each time he sees the coffee maker,  he ignore it. what does he do eventually? they will go to his neighbours shop to make the coffee for a fee and then bring it back home to sell to his customers. Obviously he will sell at a higher price compared to if he has his own coffee maker in his coffee shop.

That is what we are seeing in our dear country where our leaders have tolled the path of the coffee make who refuses to buy his own coffee maker but prefers to make coffee for us abroad.

This is totally unacceptable, and it pains me so much that our leaders think that Nigerians are dumb, how can you tell us you are subsidizing what we have here. Who even started this issue if subsidy in the first place, whoever did that is the greatest fraudster we have in Nigeria.

Secondly, it is a fact that our law makers are the most paid in the world. I can't imagine idiots in the senate and house of assembly earning more than the American president, I can marry this realities together. What in heaven's sake is going on in this country even a local government chairman earns more than the American president, in a country like Nigeria with it meagre resources which should be channelled into productivity.

After the fuel subsidy saga, Nigerians must sack the lawmakers, we do not need them, if they can not earn salaries per sitting, they have no business leading us as a people. For crying out loud, there should be a regulation that for one to be a senator, one must have at least a manufacturing firm/industry, or farm which employs at least 50 degree holders, and 50 OND or HND holders. and for house of rep their firm should employ at least 25 graduates and 25 either OND or HND holders, and other lower cadre staffs. Our leader must be self employed, governance is not an employment, it is simply a call to serve, not to be served as our leaders have turned it to be. Going by that, they can rely on incomes from their firms and not from govt proceeds. However, this will also deter them from making anti-people policies because it certainly will affect them through their staffs/firms.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
omosexy1:

@megastu @pain do we want to compare the objective of Libya to that of Nigeria. Libyans wanted Gadaffi out; we want fuel subsidy to be reinstated (2 different objectives). Do we want Jonathan out (remember we voted for him well I didn't) or do we want to tell PDP (a party without any mandate), its chieftains and party members that enough is enough. What happens if fuel subsidy is reinstated. Remember there was extreme poverty during fuel subsidy and if it is reinstated poverty will still never ceases. We should change the objectives of Occupy Nigeria from Fuel Subsidy to No to corruption, that a stringent law on corruption be passed, that EFCC or whatever commission be given autonomous power to prosecute all citizenry regardless of status and position, that the immunity clause be removed and that government begins to implement better economic policies to empower the people. Also remember that Nigerians have been calling for this protest for long because we are tired of the way our government treat us. We have to be passionate about this, we have to be determined about this. My fears are; can Nigerians stick to the end, are we prepare for this or are we going to chicken out when the soldiers in their battalions begin to roll out their tanks and the corrupt police begin to throw their tear gases or the Govt thugs begin to stab protesters with their knives. ARE WE READY FOR OCCUPY NIGERIA, DO WE KNOW WHAT IT IS GOING TO COST US, WE SHOULD ASK OURSELVES GENUINELY; IF YES WE MUST SAY NO TO CORRUPTION. PDP AND ITS COHORTS MUST GO

instead of adopting this sensible position, labour is attempting to mobilise people to fight for cheap fuel, it baffles me considerably, i tot labour is suppose to fight for the future of nigerians,
Labour should start by listing out the total renumerations for each political office holder and demand a law or constitiutional amendment to limit this, they should insist on jointly writing the bills, there are so many intelligent things they could be doing,
Instead we have this comedy half hour where pictures have to be taken really upclose to create an illusion of large crowds, its no longer funny, its actually becomming embarassing, apearantly the chief commedians have left the stage to smaller but more ignorant upstarts.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
babestella:

There has been several plots by the past and present governments not to build new refineries so that they can continue to import fuel. How can we import what we already have. It is like a cafe who has enough coffee to make, but no coffee maker. The owner of the cafe goes shopping each day and each time he sees the coffee maker, he ignore it. what does he do eventually? they will go to his neighbours shop to make the coffee for a fee and then bring it back home to sell to his customers. Obviously he will sell at a higher price compared to if he has his own coffee maker in his coffee shop.

That is what we are seeing in our dear country where our leaders have tolled the path of the coffee make who refuses to buy his own coffee maker but prefers to make coffee for us abroad.
i salote, is it the job of the govt to build refineries?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
Those of U trying to gather on Monday, please be warned! Intelligence reaching us says that Mr Ibu has been armed to the teeth ready to gun you down! The "Blues Brothers" will get U!

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
DaLover:

instead of adopting this sensible position, labour is attempting to mobilise people to fight for cheap fuel, it baffles me considerably, i tot labour is suppose to fight for the future of nigerians,
Labour should start by listing out the total renumerations for each political office holder and demand a law or constitiutional amendment to limit this, they should insist on jointly writing the bills, there are so many intelligent things they could be doing,
Instead we have this comedy half hour where pictures have to be taken really upclose to create an illusion of large crowds, its no longer funny, its actually becomming embarassing, apearantly the chief commedians have left the stage to smaller but more ignorant upstarts.
I have read much of your comments and you seems to like to present yourself like you'r wiser than the wider Nigerian masses! Let me remind you that the Libyans did not begin their struggle with the goal of overthroning Gaddafi, events turned events and Gaddafi became the focus of the struggle.

As this #OccupyNigeria struggle continue, attention will graudally turn from Fuel Subsidy to the more pressing issue of corruption, graft and transparency! GEJ's government might be sacrificed in all of these and personally I wouldn't blink an eye so long as we rid Nigeria of these critins who are intrinsically corrupt!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Pain(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

I have read much of your comments and you seems to like to present yourself like you'r wiser than the wider Nigerian masses! Let me remind you that the Libyans did not begin their struggle with the goal of overthroning Gaddafi, events turned events and Gaddafi became the focus of the struggle.

As this #OccupyNigeria struggle continue, attention will graudally turn from Fuel Subsidy to the more pressing issue of corruption, graft and transparency! GEJ's government might be sacrificed in all of these and personally I wouldn't blink an eye so long as we rid Nigeria of these critins who are intrinsically corrupt!

Thanks @Omo_Tier1. I wonder why some posters are so delusional? What has DaLover and the ilk of @Beaf et al said that the average IQ cannot fathom? Indeed, all the GEJ apologists here are really suffering from delusions grandeur. They think 99% of Nigerians are cursed with the brain of fowls!

You will be surprised at the number of distinguished scholars on these forum that have excelled beyond the shores of Nigeria but are still humane enough to connect with the plight of the masses that are currently bearing the brunt of the insensitive and ill-timed policy!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rooneyboy(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pain:

Those of U trying to gather on Monday, please be warned! Intelligence reaching us says that Mr Ibu has been armed to the teeth ready to gun you down! The "Blues Brothers" will get U!
Hilarious !
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by olatwo(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
God bless you @PAIN fǿr that wonderful reply you spoke ma mind.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ratiken(m): 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
Guys,

I went my usual monthly shopping today and reality dawned on me. Everything starting from pepper to onions to meat has escalated by at least 50%. I could only get 26 litres of PMS for my generator as PHCN have forgetten my area since Dec 17, 2011. Normally I shop comfortably with 30k and get abt 90 litres of PMS afterwards; I left with 50k today and still had to almost cut my list in half only to afford 26 litres of PMS.

I came back and have been in deep thought since , this sudsidy removal cannot hold. This is beyond asking Nigerians to make sacrifices, this sacrifice is impossible even if Nigerians agree to make it.

The amount i shopped with exceeds the monthly salary of a lot of folks, how will dey manage to survive? Things are gonna get real messy if GEJ insists cos the reality will inspire reactions that will shock everyone
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Revolva(m): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
Yes we must occuy this nation called Nigeria see more here

http://www.powerednews.blogsot.com
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 1:39am On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

when u keep talkin like this, how wont you feel dull, someone is advocating a structured sensible approach to the matter on ground, lets assume the protest grow to the level of toppling the govt, who will you replace them with?
Like you i agree that corrupt persons should be procecuted, but unlike like u, i believe that in addition, the conditions that enable corruption to thrive should be removed,

I guess you probably dont know the difference between deregulation and price increase,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 2:04am On Jan 08, 2012
DaLover:

when u keep talkin like this, how wont you feel dull, someone is advocating a structured sensible approach to the matter on ground, lets assume the protest grow to the level of toppling the govt, who will you replace them with?
Like you i agree that corrupt persons should be procecuted, but unlike like u, i believe that in addition, the conditions that enable corruption to thrive should be removed,

I guess you probably dont know the difference between deregulation and price increase,
Look do not try to pretend as if you are now on the side of the masses! Your post clearly show whom you support and where you belong. Simple test, if you claim you knw the difference between deregulation and price increase, explain to us in clear terms exactly what Price increase is and what deregulation isn't!

clever Prof, I am awaiting your answers,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 2:10am On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Look do not try to pretend as if you are now on the side of the masses! Your post clearly show whom you support and where you belong. Simple test, if you claim you knw the difference between deregulation and price increase, explain to us in clear terms exactly what Price increase is and what deregulation isn't!

Don't mind the man with the IQ of over 500 beyond Human standards grin grin

the dude is a funny chap
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 2:25am On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

what obj and previous govts did before was simply price increase, what GEJ has done is partial deregulation, with deregulation govt is no longer involved in running the business of refining, products supply and distribution, they revert back to their primary responsibility of policy and regulation, deregulation will be complete when govt hands of the 4 refineries to private entties.
The increase in price is an unfortunate aspect of deegulation, which compition is expected to bring down later, even if not to 65naira. Now asking for price tol be reduced back to 65naira, you are saying govt should go back to managing the sector,
A position i vehemently oppose.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 2:28am On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

i am not on the side of the masses, i do not believe in populist policies, i am on the side of common sence, though NL comments have proven it not that common.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2012
DaLover:

what obj and previous govts did before was simply price increase, what GEJ has done is partial deregulation, with deregulation govt is no longer involved in running the business of refining, products supply and distribution, they revert back to their primary responsibility of policy and regulation, deregulation will be complete when govt hands of the 4 refineries to private entties.
The increase in price is an unfortunate aspect of deegulation, which compition is expected to bring down later, even if not to 65naira. Now asking for price tol be reduced back to 65naira, you are saying govt should go back to managing the sector,
A position i vehemently oppose.
As I thought rightly, you have completely exposed your st.upidty! You have no grasp of what deregulation vis a viz national security is all about. If you call what GEJ has done partial deregulation, then you must be sick in the head! Go back and look at the meaning of the word "Regulate" and "Deregulation" then come back here and have a discuss.

For you'r a waste of space and time! Good night!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

As I thought rightly, you have completely exposed your st.upidty! You have no grasp of what deregulation vis a viz national security is all about. If you call what GEJ has done partial deregulation, then you must be sick in the head! Go back and look at the meaning of the word "Regulate" and "Deregulation" then come back here and have a discuss.

For you'r a waste of space and time! Good night!!!

Like I said, common sence isnt common, your inability to express ur point view speaks volumes, national security ko national security ni, just stay over there in england where they have adequate systems to cater for your inability to reason properly, clearly you are amongst the clowns leading the occupy nigeria show of shame,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2012
DaLover:

Like I said, common sence isnt common, your inability to express your point view speaks volumes, national security ko national security ni, just stay over there in england where they have adequate systems to cater for your inability to reason properly, clearly you are amongst the clowns leading the occupy nigeria show of shame,

Dude you are the one showing no commone sense here NOT the poster you quoted

Maybe you can do yourself a favour by growing some brains and increase your thinking capacity. then you would be mature enough to engage in an intelligent discussion.

I wonder why omo tire is still quoting you

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply)

President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.